W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIP My E55

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by urbamworm
You aren't showing a piston from Exotics engine are you? One that is like comparing apples to grapes considering the difference that car had compared to the norm.
I would not lie to the people here. please this is not exotics piston quit jumping to conclusions.
this motor blew on 12/06 as i said before it had all supporting cooling and safety mods.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
johncy how much timing was your tune running at 6000 rpms full load?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by skratch77
johncy how much timing was your tune running at 6000 rpms full load?
very good question!!

I think we need to start a thread asking poeple to post their IGN ADV / TIMING at WOT (which i guarantee half the poeple on here have not done). It can be in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Last edited by shardul; 01-04-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by shardul
I would not lie to the people here. please this is not exotics piston quit jumping to conclusions.
this motor blew on 12/06 as i said before it had all supporting cooling and safety mods.

12/06 as in a few weeks ago? Assuming 06 isn't the year since that wouldn't be very recent

So what exactly did that car have done to it? And was it running a ragged tune trying to make the most power possible with some big pulley, etc?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
12/06 as in a few weeks ago? Assuming 06 isn't the year since that wouldn't be very recent

So what exactly did that car have done to it? And was it running a ragged tune trying to make the most power possible with some big pulley, etc?
I saw this car today and what was left of the pistons. It's a CLS55 running an ASP180mm, TTM Fuel Rail, TTM 82mm TB, trunk tank and headers. Not sure if there is anything else on that car.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
I saw this car today and what was left of the pistons. It's a CLS55 running an ASP180mm, TTM Fuel Rail, TTM 82mm TB, trunk tank and headers. Not sure if there is anything else on that car.
there is no fuel rail kit that will save an engine if the tune is to agressive.Why has this not been brought up from the member it happened to.

So we have an engine that blew up with the fuel rail and injectors? what was his a/f was the car adapting right?how much timing was he running?what plugs and I can go on and on.

take the TTM kit and run 30 deg advance at 6300 rpms and guess what?you will melt a piston.

PS grant your TB is on the way,it was delayed from the newyears holiday and it didnt leave until yesterday morning.I have the tracking number at work for ya also

Last edited by skratch77; 01-04-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exactly that is why I mentioned the tune.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

few weeks ago
i think grantwoodtx answered your question
Old 01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For the most part yes, but a little more info about the tune if it isn't hush hush. I don't care who the tuner was but was the tune a dyno tune with all this on the car, was it a big injector box tune from tuning another car with injectors and just put on this car, were there things added to the car after the tune like maybe the bigger throttle body or a larger pulley?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

from what i understand it was a dyno tune. no mods were added after the tune.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So if that is the deal then perhaps the tune was a little happy with the timing or a little lean on the fuel mixture?

What kind of power did this car do and on what kind of dyno in what weather?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

So if that is the deal then perhaps the tune was a little happy with the timing or a little lean on the fuel mixture?

i think i was 80F the reason i say this is becuase I met up with the owner at a stripe club later on and i remember i was wearing shorts lol
cant remember the numbers off the top of my head
Old 01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S

This car has a long history with it originally being worked on by Autscope in Dallas. I know some of it's history as I've spoken to the owner on several occasions about his pulley experiences. He had two come off..

He also posted here about issues he was having with his TTM throttle body that kept throwing codes etc. due to it being improperly installed.

The tune was a custom dyno tune with all the mods in place and accounted for in the tune. I don't have access to the dyno sheet but know from talking to the owner that AFR was safe throughout the dyno run.

Thanks Angelo for the update on the TB. Car is in the shop today as BOTH rear subframe bolts are broken! Getting a Quaife LSD installed while it's in the shop
Old 01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is the owner on here, can he fill us in with some more info if you can't get it from him? You would think there has to be an explanation to why it may have happened like the car was tuned aggresively and just finally decided to let go. Who knows.

EDIT: post above tells more info.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
from what i understand it was a dyno tune. no mods were added after the tune.
i had heard that the cylinder failed before the injector install...
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by loungn14
i think you heard wrong. i have been communicating with the owner for a long time time. I know the time line off all the mods on his car.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
How can a car be dyno custom tuned on a dyno for the ttm kit with a blown piston.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG, TUNDRA PLATINUM, Concours 14 Sold,TRX 700XX Sold
Originally Posted by loungn14
Dude you heard 100% a false statement. The car had compression test and new plugs before the tune and cylinders were in MB spec. Please don't speak to what you don't know. I prefer to stick to the facts.

As such, facts are that this car had all the right things to keep it safe and a tune that had safe af measurements but it still failed. The question we need to focus on is why? Not who. This car had all the best mods this forum promotes and we need to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I am not on a witch hunt and I have not problems holding people responsible for service I feel is not acceptable-see my Autoscope posts.

However, I am greateful for all the help i've gotten and all the help I am going to get to get her back on the road and I hope the learnings will help the rest of us. There are some theories on safe spark but thats between me and the tuner till I get it sorted out so please don't throw trash on my car when you have not been fully and accurately informed. Thats how dog gone rumors go wild and I'm very careful in every word I post herer that I can back it up with fact.

So, lets chillax guys and just let the learning continue on getting her back on the road and share things that will help other members.
nuff said!

Last edited by keksixsigma; 01-04-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So can we get a timeline of sort of how the mods were on the car? Was the car running all the mods previously minus the fuel rail kit and then it added and tuned for? If so how long was the car running all those mods before adding the rail kit and new tune? How long was the car running on this new tune with the rail kit?

If everyone wants to be truthful and lay out all the facts lets get all this info out there to try and figure out why/how this could have happened?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:54 PM

So can we get a timeline of sort of how the mods were on the car? Was the car running all the mods previously minus the fuel rail kit and then it added and tuned for? If so how long was the car running all those mods before adding the rail kit and new tune? How long was the car running on this new tune with the rail kit?

If everyone wants to be truthful and lay out all the facts lets get all this info out there to try and figure out why/how this could have happened?
dude tbh i don't neeed to tell u anything. The rail and tb were put on when i went bigger than an 172 and all by the same tuner. whats your angle? I never put parts on the car without the proper tune and i put all the "proper" parts that people suggest. It NEVER HAD A PART PUT ON WITHOUT A TUNE TO GO WITH IT, EVER, CLEAR ENOUGH? & all by the same tuner

Last edited by keksixsigma; 01-04-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:05 PM

i think i was 80F the reason i say this is becuase I met up with the owner at a stripe club later on and i remember i was wearing shorts lol
cant remember the numbers off the top of my head
wearing shorts and looking like the pimp of the year you forgot to mention. lmao
Old 01-04-2012, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No need to be so hostile. I am asking simple questions so wooooosahhhhhhhh. I am not trying to spin this in to anything. I am just tryin to figure out why this could happen since it was said the car had all the proper cooling and fueling parts. If you didn't say exactly what you just said on how you had parts installed and tuning for different things then how is anyone supposed to know? That is why I asked.

We all obviously don't want this to happen to our car, so when you hear of a car running the basic stuff that "everyone" has (180 pulley, headers, throttle body) with upgraded injectors and above and beyond a modded rail and trunk tank then there is a big question of how does this happen? There are a lot of cars out there with basically the same setup that are running like a top, so one would think there has to be a reason and that is what we should be figuring out.

Sorry if you thought I was trying to attack you by asking questions, I just wanted to know as much info as possible.

ps sorry for all the smileys, I felt they were needed lol.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM

No need to be so hostile. I am asking simple questions so wooooosahhhhhhhh. I am not trying to spin this in to anything. I am just tryin to figure out why this could happen since it was said the car had all the proper cooling and fueling parts. If you didn't say exactly what you just said on how you had parts installed and tuning for different things then how is anyone supposed to know? That is why I asked.

We all obviously don't want this to happen to our car, so when you hear of a car running the basic stuff that "everyone" has (180 pulley, headers, throttle body) with upgraded injectors and above and beyond a modded rail and trunk tank then there is a big question of how does this happen? There are a lot of cars out there with basically the same setup that are running like a top, so one would think there has to be a reason and that is what we should be figuring out.

Sorry if you thought I was trying to attack you by asking questions, I just wanted to know as much info as possible.

ps sorry for all the smileys, I felt they were needed lol.
Sorry bro, as you know our cars are close to our heart. Ill let you know but the answers aren't clear my friend, i hope to find out more. sorry so curt with you but you know how much we love our cars. I believe we have fuel pressure issue, i had a 87 GN and it was all abou injectors and furel pumps, but i need more info then i'll share.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Yup, I hear you on this. I've been running VRP's pulley that is supposed to fall off, my box tune has me at 12.5 a/f ratio, done at least 2 dozen 130mph+ street pulls, 30+ Sacramento 1/4 runs with many hot laps, no cooling upgrades, no fuel upgrades, and all this for roughly 28000 miles now. I'm driving a time bomb! Which way to the bandwagon?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
This car has a long history with it originally being worked on by Autscope in Dallas. I know some of it's history as I've spoken to the owner on several occasions about his pulley experiences. He had two come off..

He also posted here about issues he was having with his TTM throttle body that kept throwing codes etc. due to it being improperly installed.

The tune was a custom dyno tune with all the mods in place and accounted for in the tune. I don't have access to the dyno sheet but know from talking to the owner that AFR was safe throughout the dyno run.

Thanks Angelo for the update on the TB. Car is in the shop today as BOTH rear subframe bolts are broken! Getting a Quaife LSD installed while it's in the shop
this was dyno on heartbreaker dyno. Food for thought.
Attached Thumbnails RIP My E55-kaylan2.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RIP My E55