W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's trying to break records this year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Stage 3 63
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Ill take a private track rental anyday over a crowded track any day. If you want to run big and set records, you have to control every bit of your racing environment as possible. Heatsoaking in line isnt gonna do it, and doesnt prove much.

this doesnt represent our average track rentals, and actually presents a DISadvantage. Track will get cold and traction compound will harden, as well when running multiple cars the cars running real rubber lay it down on the track and help lay a nice base.

Fair enough but when you have a private track, you mess up on launch all you do is reverse back and start again and you can prep the track how you like

I do agree with Lowprofile , thanks to him we are all thinking new ways to improve the speeds on our cars.
I do wish the UK had more E55s on the drag strip and private track hire..... but it will make it a greater challenge for me.
I will be happy when i can get into the 10s , weather i can beat 10.59 is a different story

acid
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
If I get the car back together before the next rental I'll be in the 10's no doubt. I've ran several 1/8 mile times that would put me in the 10's but the car was pulling timing like crazy up top but I've got that problem taken care of now.
If??? we are getting this done and putting up a 10 second run
Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Ole Bruce has set the bar pretty high for us E55rs. Not really sure what it's gonna take besides that new Weistec blower on our E55s to beat that 10.5

Old 01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
No meth for me, unless I'm cooking it in my basement.

I really just want to sneak into the 10s, with what is basically a tune only car. But yeah, after 2 or 3 runs, this car is soaked for the day. Jason knew what he was doing as the first V12 with a tank. It needs it so bad.

Might sell it this year, rinse and repeat with something else. I like our new 3.6L caddy wagon so much, that I'd buy another in V Trim for me.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
No meth for me, unless I'm cooking it in my basement.

I really just want to sneak into the 10s, with what is basically a tune only car.

Might sell it this year, rinse and repeat with something else. I like our new 3.6L caddy wagon so much, that I'd buy another in V Trim for me.

Try lighter wheels dammit!!!

The V is so badass
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by justinwrock
I want to run 11s. Stock.

Well, with the assistance of slicks.

BTW - I hear Sacramento Raceway had a good DA?
Yes from time to time Sac has good DA but the problem with Sac is that the traction is hit or miss. If they just sprayed the 1st 100-200' that would be awesome!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by blackbenzz

Try lighter wheels dammit!!!

The V is so badass
I'll be on stock 18s up front this time.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 157 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Ole Bruce has set the bar pretty high for us E55rs. Not really sure what it's gonna take besides that new Weistec blower on our E55s to beat that 10.5

What exactly is the Weistec blower just higher displacement?

The Weistec on a N/A 63 car added about 122 HP on 6.2 L engine.

The M113 5.5 is 354hp and the AMG SP 55k adds about 150 hp.

So your going to rip off a good supercharger and spend 17k for how much more horsepower?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
So your going to rip off a good supercharger and spend 17k for how much more horsepower?
Exactly my thoughts, I'd rather add race heads with PTE or Kleemann cams coupled with Evosports top mount intercooler's (whenever they come out) and I bet you will come out less than the Weistec setup. Just my .02
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Exactly my thoughts, I'd rather add race heads with PTE or Kleemann cams coupled with Evosports top mount intercooler's (whenever they come out) and I bet you will come out less than the Weistec setup. Just my .02
I like this idea.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
What exactly is the Weistec blower just higher displacement?

The Weistec on a N/A 63 car added about 122 HP on 6.2 L engine.

The M113 5.5 is 354hp and the AMG SP 55k adds about 150 hp.

First, where are you getting your pricing at? The 63 blower is $15k not 17 and Weistec said they are going to make the 55k offering more affordable, and it is also a different blower. The 63 uses a 2.3 liter blower, the 55k is getting a 3 liter blower.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 157 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by urbamworm
First, where are you getting your pricing at? The 63 blower is $15k not 17 and Weistec said they are going to make the 55k offering more affordable, and it is also a different blower. The 63 uses a 2.3 liter blower, the 55k is getting a 3 liter blower.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I think this was a viable solution and pricing was 8-9k

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...kg-feeler.html
Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Even at 15k you can get the heads for $3500, cams est.$2500 and let's say EvoSports Top Mounts $5000 + $3000 for installation and $1000 for retune and your at $15K and based on Brooke's figures heads will get you around 60hp without a tune and cams are good for 25hp and top mounts are rumored to be worth 50hp so in theory we're talking 135hp gain for the expected price of just the Weistec setup not including installation and a retune. (unless the tune is included in the price)

Not trying to start a argument I'm just offering up my opinion.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
You are comparing to the price of the 63 setup, so really at this point it is kinda useless to compare until the actual price is known. E55 setup is going to be less, they said they are trying to make it "affordable for everyone."

Installation is cake work and there is no retune cost, that is part of the kit, the tuning is done by Weistec. Those guys do OEM ecu calibration and CARB certifications as their main source of income along with engineering and know how to tune very well. This supercharger business is a little "side job" for fun if you will. I have a warm fuzzy feeling that the 55k setup will be priced no higher than $10k but only time will tell. I certainly would love for the top mount setup to come out already also and see what they have to offer.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
The Weistec is a 2.9L Whipple supercharger and will be priced much less than the ones for the 63. It comes with a great intercooler and will be capable of making big numbers. The stock motor becomes the weak link at that point. I think the results will surprise alot of people. It's like a stock blower cobra vs big blower.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
You are comparing to the price of the 63 setup, so really at this point it is kinda useless to compare until the actual price is known. E55 setup is going to be less, they said they are trying to make it "affordable for everyone."

Installation is cake work and there is no retune cost, that is part of the kit, the tuning is done by Weistec. Those guys do OEM ecu calibration and CARB certifications as their main source of income along with engineering and know how to tune very well. This supercharger business is a little "side job" for fun if you will. I have a warm fuzzy feeling that the 55k setup will be priced no higher than $10k but only time will tell. I certainly would love for the top mount setup to come out already also and see what they have to offer.
The Weistec is a 2.9L Whipple supercharger and will be priced much less than the ones for the 63. It comes with a great intercooler and will be capable of making big numbers. The stock motor becomes the weak link at that point. I think the results will surprise alot of people. It's like a stock blower cobra vs big blower.

Good info, so Ahmad what would you do to strengthen the bottom end of the 55K? Ürba jump in here and share your thoughts
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Good info, so Ahmad what would you do to strengthen the bottom end of the 55K? Ürba jump in here and share your thoughts
^^^^Please...
Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
If I was looking to make big power do darton sleeves with forged pistons and rods. Actually this is in progress and i'm in line loll
Old 01-23-2012, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
If I was looking to make big power do darton sleeves with forged pistons and rods. Actually this is in progress and i'm in line loll
I guess this would be a good time to look for an extra engine and start a slow rebuild.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
looks like everyone will be running 10's this year, with ease....may be some hurt egos
lol

Originally Posted by emoving
With my Kleemann headers pulley and tune, I will be happy in the low 11s.
me too!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
That was not aimed at you brotha, just a generalization. My last visit to the track was the one and only time I went all out with the gas, gutted interior, and removed exhaust.

I toally agree with you trying to run 10's with full weight. That is where it is at. My next visit and every visit beyond that will include having two fronts seats, rear seats, full exhaust etc, and on pump gas.

What really opened my eyes was when we trailored my e55 from Atlanta to Reynolds, well on the way we say this Victory Yellow C6 Z06 cruising down to the track (2hr drive), and even pulled into a fast food joint for some grub.

Well the guy, went threw inspection, and was one of the first to run down the 1320 when it opened. He ran 10.4's all day, maybe slightly quicker, and then drove back home to Atlanta. That is what it is all about

Coming right off the street, going to take a **** if needed, hop back in your sled, crack off some sick times and drive home.

So have you installed meth on your sled? What system did you run with?

Meth is great when you have someone that knows how to tune with it and use it correctly and i must admit im jealous that you have Jason there local to you for your tuning needs i really wish we had someone we could trust out this way.

Last time I checked when we all go to the track it's to run as fast as possible so I don't get your "fan boy" statement but whatever. Last time I checked 99% of us drive around on the streets with full interiors and exhaust not to mention I think most of us use pump gas on the streets not C16. I think we need to get all of our cars together this spring/summer and do some racing in Mexico and some 1/4 runs to see what happens. That V12 monster is going to own the roll races but I might have something for him... Just not in the E55
Old 01-24-2012, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I'm not 100% sure what meth system I will use yet but ive had good experience with Snow meth injection on my diesel truck but I mostly spray water to cool the EGT's. If we can get some one to tune for it properly and add the timing it needs to utilize using meth injection then I'm all for it. I've just read a lot of post of people wondering why they installed meth and lost power and nobody seems to have a good tune for it. I'm going to run a race has tune my next time at the track and see how that goes then possibly adding some meth.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I'm not 100% sure what meth system I will use yet but ive had good experience with Snow meth injection on my diesel truck but I mostly spray water to cool the EGT's. If we can get some one to tune for it properly and add the timing it needs to utilize using meth injection then I'm all for it. I've just read a lot of post of people wondering why they installed meth and lost power and nobody seems to have a good tune for it. I'm going to run a race has tune my next time at the track and see how that goes then possibly adding some meth.
I would not use snow performance as they have outsourced some of the peices in their kits to china. Alot of the mustang vendors will not even carry that product anymore due to that reason.

They were having all sorts of problems in getting the meth to spray consistently due to the cheaper hardware now.

I have a local shop that has one of the best tuners on the business who tunes, lightnings, mustangs, hemi's, just about anything that is a dealer for AEM. I can get some sick prices for you and he has the most complete sound kits available

I am going to run one on my lightning and maybe the E55. I will just see how the IATS behave on the E85 with the 195mm pulley. If they are high, I will put one of those AEM meth kits on.

On a side note, the wizard (Tony) has some nice toons for meth He can remote tune too if you go with a meth kit.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I have a lot heavier car but count me in on as many records as possible.. Never got to make a 1/4 mile pass with my last 620hp set up but will be back. With my last set up, I was making about 70 hp more than my one 1/4 mile pass I got to make and listed Texas mile times. Was making over 90hp more above 6K!! Hope to have big cams, update my ported heads, custom billet stall converter and twin turbos! Suspension will be upgraded as well. Suspension is one area, I dont hear any of the big hp cars talking about and it needs to be. IMO

Then going to buy a new bi-turbo for my daily driver..

Dont forget about the Texas mile,,, my 180mph in a 55 motor is still up for grabs. holding the spot for a year and half now and several cars have tried but to no avail.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 01-24-2012, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
The plan is to have Jerry do a couple of tunes for me when he comes up. The meth kit on my diesel is fairly old and never had any problems to date but you can have messed up nozzles and never even know it really with these trucks. The truck see's 50+psi of boost and EGT's over 1500 so i usually run the 2 big nozzles that came with the kit. You should come up to the Feb 18th rental and see how many E55's can hit the 10's on the same day. BK will be in the 10's of course, Jody should, we know you will and hopefully i'll be squeaking by into the 10's. 4 E55's in the 10's on the same day at the same track would be pretty cool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who's trying to break records this year?