Sponsored by:

ecu tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55 amg
ecu tuning

I've done what i feel is a pretty thorough search, but wasn't able to come up with anything. I'm curious as to the actual soft wear used to tune our cars. i have no intentions of doing it my self, but one of my best friends is a professional tuner, and Id trust with any thing. we talked about splitting the cost of the soft wear if it wasn't astronomical, since we both benefit from it.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:38 PM

e55 amg
so its magic then? I figured it would be something pretty highly guarded by the few companies/tuners who have access to it. oh well it was wirth a shot.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
It's software son
Old 05-26-2012, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Originally Posted by nicco
It's software son
and Jeremy has paid big bucks for his software. He mentioned a number over a $100k for some of his stuff. Is that astronomical enough for you? Just wait for OE Tuning to make a visit to your location.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
I'm sure your friend had heard of winols the file for our ecu is like 5k and dim sport sells a kit for about 5k

100k lol
Old 05-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by skratch77
I'm sure your friend had heard of winols the file for our ecu is like 5k and dim sport sells a kit for about 5k

100k lol
Tuning equipment is very expensive. In regards to dimsport for example, the full suite kit is north of $20,000. The tools add up very quickly and to tune the multiple ECUs across the Mercedes line it requires a couple different tools, none of which are under $10,000. The 100,000 is maybe a bit much, but $50,000 is extremely realistic, and the number grows as new ECUs are released and require new software and hardware to communicate with them.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Does speed driven use ols?

My friend bought a DVD off eBay with a crap load of tuning software and even the damos files with all the maps for like 80 bucks and it even came with a cable.

Ec does tuning over the net with a obd2 cable and remote tuning.

How much does that cable cost 50k lol

If you look hard enough online op you will find the files you need for our ecu.

Geleto might have them too

Here is my tune

Last edited by skratch77; 05-27-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven

My friend bought a DVD off eBay with a crap load of tuning software and even the damos files with all the maps for like 80 bucks and it even came with a cable.

Here is my tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sb2M...e_gdata_player

Making a comparison of a chinese copy of a chinese copy of a disc of software that has been hacked by who knows who and then hoping that is works is not a business model, nor should it be tried by anyone who would not like to damage their ECU. You posted a video of a full eprom read and them clicked on the 3d view of the chart, and then quickly scrolled through it. In that video you showed nothing having to do with having a tune. The video would look exactly the same if you showed a stock file. Tunes are based off of maps that are altered to have a desired change. Having a cracked version of OLS with cracked D@mos and a2l files means absolutely nothing if you do not know what to do with them, and even then they mean less than nothing without a checksum. Lets say you where to take the damos file, which is almost entirely in german, and find a timing map. Hexadecimal code needs to have a factor applied to it to show the timing in Degrees rather than just arbitrary code. The car does not have just a simple timing map that you can expect to add 2 degrees to and hope that the change on the actual car is what is given. There are a LOT of timing maps that need to be altered in unison to even begin to give the desired result.

A real version of OLS with multiple licenses, as we at speedriven have along with A LOT of other equipment, costs thousands of dollars.

Also, the Chinese copy of the galletto cable should be a use at your own risk sort of thing. It may work a couple times, but when it fails, your ECU fails at the same time. Saying that the OP should try it is asking him to fry his own ECU. The user should be extremely aware of what they are undertaking by even trying to flash the ECU, let alone creating a tune for it, and the immediate consequences of those actions.

Hope this helps! If you want to know more I will gladly teach

Thanks
Aleks
Old 05-27-2012, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
That file is my tune and pulled it off my car for 80 bucks.I never said anything about tuning butthe hardware to pull and load files is cheap.

A full ols setup with the maps all found is about 3k from memory and after that is tuning nothing to do with hardware.

My friend sforce in the Audi sceen used geleto and is making almost 700whp on his twin 35r s4 build and it was tuned by him self and he pulled my kleeman tune and said all he needs is the map file for my car and everything is found for you.

Its not rocket science and the e55 ecu is old school and hacked to hell
Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
My $100k number was just thrown out there because Jeremy's software number had a bigger first number and sounded a bit much to do one car.

After reading a Dimsport thread on the C-class forum I agree that tuning one's engine takes a big set and that they should get the biggest version of this Dimsport product: http://www.onestopplus.co.uk/product...324219260.aspx
Old 05-28-2012, 11:17 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo

Here is my tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sb2M...e_gdata_player
we easily have north of 80-100k worth of equipment (4 ec locations) and Aleks couldn't have said it any better with regards to tuning itself.

Add 30+ genious units, 4+ master dimsport genius units, 10 or 11 bdms, few full copies of OLS, optican, all adds up very quick, not to mention full versions of the ecus.

we tune over the net using our own protocol. The cable is only hardware.

"everything is found for you" thats quite humerous and good luck with that with the thousands of maps for our ecu, not to mention the many places that need to be altered in hex for a simple change to be made. (in german at that)

I wouldn't suggest for anyone to try this or have a friend try it.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 PM

e55 amg
i was aware it was softaware.... but thanks everyone for the usefull posts. i had a feeling it was gonna be way to expensive, hoping like maybe 2-3k but guess not.