W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weistec CLK55

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,003 Likes on 810 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
He has a CLK 55 not an E55k. It does not come with a factory supercharger so it does not have an electronically controlled bypass valve.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by BlownV8
He has a CLK 55 not an E55k. It does not come with a factory supercharger so it does not have an electronically controlled bypass valve.
Yes, I'm aware of that. My point is he's installing a Weistec SC which was designed for a M113K and they utilized the factory bypass in their design. That's why I'm not sure if he's using a vacuum bypass or an electronic one.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Weistec made him a custom vacuum operated bypass...
See post #50 of this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/5613319-post50.html
Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Weistec won't let you down.

Good luck buddy!
I hope you're right. But their latest response is that I should ship my car there There is no way I'm shipping my car cross country when the agreement was for them to fly out and tune my car.
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Any reason why they can't even get it to idle? How long have you been waiting for them to tune correctly?
I don't know what the reason is. It's been a few weeks. There have been times where I sit at the shop all day expecting a file to be sent and get nothing. One time I even had to overnight the ecu back ($105) because the file they sent screwed something up and couldn't be remotely fixed.
Originally Posted by adianaty
Probably because its a Mass air car vs speed density like the E55. Alot of things need to be calibrated and tuned to get it to idle. Along with the fact that the car never had a bypass valve before. The bypass is essentially what controls idle in combination with the TB.
I know it's a mass air car and that was made very clear before I even bought the SC. I have been talking to them for over a year about getting this. I'm not new to the platform and know the differences between E55 and CLK55. If you look at the vid above, the car starts and idles on factory tune... just idles in the 9s. The car had a Kleemann SC for over 5 years WITH a bypass valve and ran fine as can be seen by the many 1/4 mile passes the car has made as well as many street mile logged.
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Ahmad had a Kleemann blower which had a vacuum driven bypass valve (similar system to Weistec's). More than likely its a combination of MAF and ECU re-calibration.

Hope they get her dialed in for you, looking forward to her results.
Bingo!
The bypass valve is vacuum activated so that is a non issue unless they have the vacuum source in the wrong location or the electronic throttle body is faulty. The bypass valve is not controlled like the electronic clutch in an E55K. With the bypass valve, it closes when the vacuum goes away and opens when there is a vacuum. The source for the vacuum is typically just on the engine side of the throttlebody.

MAF's are easier to tune than MAP based sensors so that should not be an issue with the idle. In fact, it should idle as normal with the supercharger on top unless there is a leak in the manifold which is probably what is happening.
Agreed on the bypass valve. There is no boost at idle so this is irrelevant for until we start tuning for more than just idle lol

You are correct, it does idle "normal" with factory tune just extremely rich because the injectors are MUCH larger. Therefore it is not a manifold leak but something in the files they have sent thus far.

Originally Posted by Oliverk
I'm assuming that the angle of your driveshaft is intentional?
It is the same as stock.
I think the biggest hurdle is scaling the larger injectors. From what I've been told the older ECU's are harder to "tweek" compared to the newer ones.
Correct again! Who tuned your car for the bigger injectors?
Originally Posted by PACougar
If the bypass setup is the same as the one Weistec used in their kit then it's electronically controlled by the computer, now if they changed that for his car to a vacuum bypass then that's a different story.
I've posted that Weistec made a vacuum controlled bypass.
It does not come with a factory SC and does not have an electronically controlled bypass. Nobody is disputing that. My car ran for years with a Kleemann SC and ran 10.5 on pump gas about 3 years ago. I know my way around the car. It worked great with the vacuum bypass valve as do many other Kleemann sc cars.

Not that it matters but I also have a E55k
Yes, I'm aware of that. My point is he's installing a Weistec SC which was designed for a M113K and they utilized the factory bypass in their design. That's why I'm not sure if he's using a vacuum bypass or an electronic one.
Again, I'm using vacuum bypass.
Weistec made him a custom vacuum operated bypass...
See post #50 of this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/5613319-post50.html
This guy knows what he' talking about and has been paying attention
Old 04-28-2013, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,003 Likes on 810 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
OK, so it idles but is way too rich. Seems like it is a simple fix. Sounds like they just need to recalibrate the ECU tune for the larger injectors.

I would put a time limit on their response and try to dispute the CC charges then go to someone else for the tune. However, it is a catch 22 if something goes wrong. They will say it was not their tune and leave you footing the bill for any future issues. Either way, they are putting you in a bad position by being slow to unresponsive.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Companies often seem most eager when they sell you the product and a lot less eager when problems arise. Hopefully they'll fly out and get you taken care of, well hopefully they have the knowledge to get you taken care of.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Companies often seem most eager when they sell you the product and a lot less eager when problems arise. Hopefully they'll fly out and get you taken care of, well hopefully they have the knowledge to get you taken care of.
THIS^^^^^^
Old 04-29-2013, 10:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Correct again! Who tuned your car for the bigger injectors?
Who HASN'T tuned my car....
-HPS (Jessie)
-Gato Racing (Felix Modena)
-LET (Wayne and Tony)
-and a revised Wayne tune by Jerry (Eurocharged) which was the best thus far.

My car should be arriving in Huston Texas (Eurocharged) as I type.
I'm hoping Jerry can tune her and put an end to my 2.5 year saga... He's the only one left in the business I trust.
I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Weistec HaS Said They Will FlY Out To Tune The Car But Haven't Given A Date Yet
Who HASN'T tuned my car....
-HPS (Jessie)
-Gato Racing (Felix Modena)
-LET (Wayne and Tony)
-and a revised Wayne tune by Jerry (Eurocharged) which was the best thus far.

My car should be arriving in Huston Texas (Eurocharged) as I type.
I'm hoping Jerry can tune her and put an end to my 2.5 year saga... He's the only one left in the business I trust.
I'll keep you posted.
Good Luck!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
I hope they fly in soon and are able to get it right. If not, I know this awesome tuner.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65

Good Luck!

Glad to hear, I'm sure this is something that requires alot of patience from everyone involved. However with the price tag one would like to think it could be resolved quickly. I'm guessing when your dealing with older software it becomes harder to manipulate only whats needed without it affecting anything else. At the same time the fear of a mistake is on everyone's minds. Car guys are being forced to become computer geeks in order to get everything to do what it capable of doing. For example what good is a strong athlete with no coordination? He's got a badass build with a ton of beefy parts to put down the power. He's gotta give them a chance and its nice to hear they are due to come out. Good luck!! Along with many others I can't wait to see what this thing can do.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Thanks for taking the plunge BB. I'm too chicken to be a pioneer with this high-$$ platform.... I am willing to blatantly copy a good setup

Can't wait to see some numbers and vids. It will be worth it.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate

Good Luck!
You ever get a date set, so that Wiestec can try and tune a 55k motor.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
D
Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Glad to hear, I'm sure this is something that requires alot of patience from everyone involved. However with the price tag one would like to think it could be resolved quickly. I'm guessing when your dealing with older software it becomes harder to manipulate only whats needed without it affecting anything else. At the same time the fear of a mistake is on everyone's minds. Car guys are being forced to become computer geeks in order to get everything to do what it capable of doing. For example what good is a strong athlete with no coordination? He's got a badass build with a ton of beefy parts to put down the power. He's gotta give them a chance and its nice to hear they are due to come out. Good luck!! Along with many others I can't wait to see what this thing can do.
Thanks, I Can't Wait To See What It DOes Too
Originally Posted by betrezra
Thanks for taking the plunge BB. I'm too chicken to be a pioneer with this high-$$ platform.... I am willing to blatantly copy a good setup

Can't wait to see some numbers and vids. It will be worth it.
Haha I Like To Blaze The Path Not Traveled
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
You ever get a date set, so that Wiestec can try and tune a 55k motor.
Nope. Still Haven't Been Given A Date
Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Hang in there! ...and keep us updated on Weistec's progress.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Hang in there! ...and keep us updated on Weistec's progress.
What progress? the only progress they are making is with the 63 na motor. Doesn't look like they can progress on the 55k motor.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
So, they are leaving him hanging with no follow up on flying out?
What's with these sponsors.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Still nothing from Wiestec? I don't think I'd wait this long for a tune. I've called Jerry plenty of times and received a tune that day.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by lowprofile
So, they are leaving him hanging with no follow up on flying out?
What's with these sponsors.

Wouldn't be me, I'll tell you that much. For that amount of money, they should have a box tune (that works) ready. This is actually kind of stupid at this point. Waiting this long with no ending in sight.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
No Date Yet

Anyone Want To Buy A Blower?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
BB, can you have another tuner tune the car, or does Weistec then wash their hands of the whole deal?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by Hulk
BB, can you have another tuner tune the car, or does Weistec then wash their hands of the whole deal?
Seems like Wiestec has already washed their hands with him.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Ahhhh don't say that or else all the supporters of Weistec will jump..oh well they did it already once

But Weistec is a sponsor here and shoud be held accountable for not keeping their word or just refund BB
Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by Hulk
Ahhhh don't say that or else all the supporters of Weistec will jump..oh well they did it already once

But Weistec is a sponsor here and shoud be held accountable for not keeping their word or just refund BB
The supporters should jump. A valued member is being drug around like they are his crack dealer.

Wiestec sure isn't trying to resolve this. If they can't tune it, then just say so and give the man his money back. If they think they can, then they need to set a date and do it already.

It seems that the only ones that can get anything from Wiestec are the 63 guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Weistec CLK55