W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My definitive Bruce@TTM HORROR STORY.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I had a similar experience. I got a verbal quote for doing head gaskets right after I bought my car then a few months later the price had gone up $400. He also wanted to add extra time for some stuff that would of been part of the job. Thank god I was smart enough to wait and do it myself. Bruce and I put our differences aside not long ago but this situation reminds me why I warned everyone in the first place. His fuel rail to save all engines didn't do what he said it would do (it was tested). I understand marking products up but 200% and more is just ripping people off. Hopefully this gets resolved and he closes up shop and doesn't just open a new one under a new name and continue with ripping people off. To the op I don't know what he said he would do for $20-25k to the engine but for that amount you should of got the first rebuilt and gold plated engine with 2 turbos hanging off the side.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Eurocharged or bust? Well, or Buckhead Import Performance.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
540 6spd
The sad thing is that this shop owner Bruce probably could give a damn about this thread or any other negative word of mouth info because he has no shortage of people lining up to get ripped off.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
05 E55, 06 Audi S4
Well this thread should really help to steer many others away from a possible nightmare with this guy.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:07 PM

A box
I hope all turns out well my friend. This isnt a Good thing.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:17 PM

E55, G55, 1987 Kasten Wagen (2 door LWB G WAGON) 1991 e30 vert with euro M3 motor
Originally Posted by MidniteBluBenz
The sad thing is that this shop owner Bruce probably could give a damn about this thread or any other negative word of mouth info because he has no shortage of people lining up to get ripped off.

you couldn't be more wrong, it may take 2 or 3 months but the trickle down affect will easily hurt his bizz big time.
reason being is that 90% of his buzz was started from internet recommendations this came DIRECTLY from him (hell that's how i found him).
i was at his shop and there where 15 E55/63s and a G55 and 1 new camaro.
he said the guy with the G55 pays his bills and over head for the year (god only knows how hes banging that poor guy out).

ive seen shops that got built up due to internet recommendations and rep go under in less than 6 months due to **** like TTM is pulling, just look up VLAD and young's collision in NJ.
they where the top dog in the E30 world till they pulled **** like this and now its like a ghost town in there.

Last edited by JACK PRESTON; 06-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:41 PM

E55, G55, 1987 Kasten Wagen (2 door LWB G WAGON) 1991 e30 vert with euro M3 motor
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I had a weird feeling about TTM (Bruce) long ago and never bought in to his rip off prices ($3800 to buy/install Kleemanns!!!) and some mods I thought were a joke like his $20 in materials of mild steel air scoops that are like what $350 or something like that?
yea same here i would have never sent him my car unless i went there first and spoke to him.
my suspicions where correct and i just left , couldn't agree more on the air scoops.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
check out post 12

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...clearance.html

there was an other thread on this as well
Old 06-23-2013, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
We should really get together as a collective group and do something about this.
Not sure what, but I feel bad if there might be someone out there still willing to give him money without understanding what's going on.

We need a lawyer and or cop whom is close to the shop.

In a way it was this forum that created his rep and gave him his power and I think we should somehow take some responsibility and do everything we can to make sure someone else doesn't get takes.

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Worth the wait
We should really get together as a collective group and do something about this.
Not sure what, but I feel bad if there might be someone out there still willing to give him money without understanding what's going on.

We need a lawyer and or cop whom is close to the shop.

In a way it was this forum that created his rep and gave him his power and I think we should somehow take some responsibility and do everything we can to make sure someone else doesn't get takes.

Anybody have any ideas?

lets storm the castle with pitch forks and torches
Old 06-23-2013, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And smoke grenades then tear gas.

Off with his head!!!! Sink TTM like the Titanic
Old 06-23-2013, 03:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Damn it boys, I think a lawsuit is my only option at this point... FML!

It seems I'm the one who's money he's got hostage, and my situation will not improve unless I take legal action

Last edited by Kelvin07; 06-23-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah man it sucks to loose money, and I can only imagine how it feels to be in your situation right now with that large of a sum currently gone with nothing to show for it. I wouldn't wait any longer since he has already proven that he doesn't care to much about you with no replies to your emails or phone calls over a long period of time. I sure hope it works out for you.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
I am stunned at how patient you have been. If you want any chance of getting your money back you need to contact an attorney NOW while he still has a business and before he files bankruptcy.
You have a good chance of getting some or all of your money if you act quick enough.

You can be sure your money was spent long ago. He is most likely juggling things around trying to keep his head above water. Busy shop or not. For all you know he has a gambling or chemical dependency problem. Maybe he is trying to keep from losing his house. Bottom line is he decided he needed that money more than you.

I dont have a horror story but I did contact him a few times asking for pricing on parts and he came back at me calling me cheap Was enough to scare me away from dealing with him at all after that. I probably got him after he stopped caring. Once some business owners get to that place they don't mind ripping you off.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
This is why ppl need to choose a tuner/ installer that has been around for more than 10-15 + years period. Very sry op take action Immediately !
Old 06-23-2013, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
I never really put much thought into those 'TTM' scoops but now I do remember asking about them and he told me the same thing...$350! I remember now that the first sign of %&*#$% was those freakin scoops. I said to myself...I can make something better for $50 on my worst day. That had me very skeptical and then it went on to him badmouthing most forum members. Mostly the guys who wanted to do work themselves and how cheap everyone is and saying 'he thinks he knows everything' WOW now I look back and see that the guy who badmouthed everyone...IN FREAKIN BUSINESS...how do you survive? Well, he didn't survive and I just didn't pay much attention. His NON return of my phone calls told me that something was up!!! In closing...OP: I feel bad and hope you recoup some dough and I know one thing pretty well...people that claim family problems for major major screwups are usually doing one thing...DRUGS! Because family problems aren't going to let you ruin your business and have you f**king all of your customers! WHAT A JO!

P.S. I am sure you can all figure out JO!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Uhh

Old 06-23-2013, 05:43 PM

05 E55
so this is the new band wagon we're gonna jump on? Everyone had all these problems with Bruce and no-one said **** about it huh? Sounds super legit.... OP, idk what the whole story is, but, I sent Bruce my car and everything was done and ready on the exact date for the exact price we discussed. I have continued to get ALL of my work done through Bruce, and have never had a problem, period. He even let me slide on an $1800 bill I had with him when i went through my divorce. I didnt get any threatening phone calls or emails or posts on MB world. He didnt threaten to sue me or send me to a debt collector. I told him what the deal was and he understood. Maybe, instead of sending a total stranger $18,000 over a 10 month period of time, you could have opened a savings account and put it in there. As for the rest of these debbie downers, in the three years i have been a member here I have heard all of you at one point in time praise Bruce for a product or a service or advice he gave you, or simply because he gave you the opportunity to blow him over the phone. Knock it off and grow up.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:30 PM

This is not a bandwagon, if someone is riding a bandwagon, then perhaps you should take a hard look in the mirror, if you don't know "what the whole story is" then what's your point?, defending bruce at all cost against something you don't have any knowledge of?, or simply being the antagonist?, if that is your thing?, no problem, I respect that.

But I can only assume that many people that have been aggravated by bruce did not bring it to the forums because of the headache people like you bring, guys that somehow, blindly, defend the inexcusable, all because "bruce was nice to me". My case is different, he is ripping me off for $18,000, point blank, no other way about it, my case is too sinister to simply ignore or in some cases (like yours) defend.

Read the whole OP, see all the information I provided, VERIFIABLE information, most people simply have come in here and said "I feel for you, man. Good luck, we hope Bruce fixes this", a few have shared their terrible experiences with Bruce Bejsovec and tuning technology motorsports, are they supposed to keep quiet if the momentum swung away from bruce?, that is his fault, for all the wrong he has done to his customers.

You have had great experiences with him, that is great, I praised Bruce here too because he seemed so dedicated, how wrong I was. I am glad you are not in my shoes, perhaps then you would understand, because like another member wisely noted, hindsight is always 20/20...

Fact is, he has $18,000 of mine, I want him to do something about MY MONEY, and let me ask you this, because you got me confused, is bruce a person you trust or a "total stranger" like you say???, enlighten me, please.

What would anyone do, no, scratch that, what would YOU do if he took you for $18,000?.

Last edited by Kelvin07; 06-23-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Man poor Hulk. He must be in a deep state of deprecation by now.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
How hard is it to understand that people can change for the worse ? Happens all the time and for all kinds of reasons. I am sure more than a few people on here have had actual friends decide not to pay them back. Give someone you don't really know $20K based upon their reputation and you are rolling the dice. Its complete and utter b*llsh*t to take the money and run.
I would contact the local DA as well as contacting a lawyer. Better to play it safe then be sorry later. If its an honest mistake or he really intends to make good on this it will all go away anyway.

OP you might have better luck seeing if he is willing to trade you for what he owes you. Parts or hell even a car. If he doesnt have the money he might be able to give you something of equal value. Not ideal but better than losing it all.

I had a business owe me $4000 once. Had rough times etc etc etc. Didnt see a penny for over a year. I finally gave him the idea to pay me in monthly payments for a year or pay me $2500 and I would sign a statement clearing the debt. He gave me the $2500 right away. It didnt feel great but it felt a LOT better than getting stiffed on the entire amount.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Bah, I've said those TTM "scoops" were a joke from day one. lol

Originally Posted by dllhg
OP you might have better luck seeing if he is willing to trade you for what he owes you. Parts or hell even a car. If he doesnt have the money he might be able to give you something of equal value. Not ideal but better than losing it all.
I agree that if it's a getting blood from a rock situation with getting cash back that taking parts/a car may be a good alternative.

Last edited by BBBSS; 06-23-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Originally Posted by theblckghst
so this is the new band wagon we're gonna jump on? Everyone had all these problems with Bruce and no-one said **** about it huh? Sounds super legit.... OP, idk what the whole story is, but, I sent Bruce my car and everything was done and ready on the exact date for the exact price we discussed. I have continued to get ALL of my work done through Bruce, and have never had a problem, period. He even let me slide on an $1800 bill I had with him when i went through my divorce. I didnt get any threatening phone calls or emails or posts on MB world. He didnt threaten to sue me or send me to a debt collector. I told him what the deal was and he understood. Maybe, instead of sending a total stranger $18,000 over a 10 month period of time, you could have opened a savings account and put it in there. As for the rest of these debbie downers, in the three years i have been a member here I have heard all of you at one point in time praise Bruce for a product or a service or advice he gave you, or simply because he gave you the opportunity to blow him over the phone. Knock it off and grow up.
I am surely not getting in a pissing match with you or anyone else...As the OP said, he has it all documented and I documented my PM's! I am sure that he has done good by some. I had a one thing done by him as well that was good...at his place and waited while it was done! My experience was simple...overcharged (didn't mind), then tried to be overcharged maybe only a little for Kleemans and he said $1750 installed (far cry from some of the other quotes) and I guess he decided that it was too cheap or he couldn't afford to get the headers for me and then install them. I had told him to call me when the headers are there and I would drop off the car to have that done and he was gonna fix a scratch that I have as well. He NEVER contacted me and the PM's that I copied and pasted are proof so I am quite sure that your statement of 'grow up' is ridiculous! The OP's experience is more than enough proof and mine is more...You watch, there will be more coming out of the woodwork! I'd bet on it!

Maybe you should read what I wrote in those PM's, I was very respectful and professional. I considered him to be a great guy and maybe he still is...(if the OP gets paid) but either way...a guy who never returns calls, and I am not the only one as I have seen posts before about him not being available, this is not a guy or a business that I want to do my work!!! He is all yours Casper!

EVEN BERNIE MADOFF PAID SOME PEOPLE IN THE BEGINNING! I DON'T HERE THEM PRAISING HIM!

$1800 bill? What did you get? TTM scoops and K&N filters!

Last edited by 60nomad; 06-23-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by dllhg
I would be open to any arrangement that pays me back in the end, but, how can I do anything if bruce NEVER answers his phones, never returns my calls, and probably won't answer my emails after seeing this thread... The DA and attorney idea seem like the next logical step for me.

If any of you guys have a suggestion of a reputable law firm in the NY/NJ, area that I could contact about this or that specializes in cases like this, I would appreciate it, when it comes to lawyers, referrals are usually the best way to go, my lawyers here have a few of options up there, but according to my lawyer, these are big time corporate law firms, so he's still checking with them, but I would appreciate a few suggestions, you can do it via PM to keep it private and I will keep your names out of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My definitive Bruce@TTM HORROR STORY.