W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed Supercharger Pulley and Eurocharged Tune Gains 70whp+ !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by 1ForcedBenz
I've been running a FSP on one of my cars for a while now and Jerry's latest tune from the past few months has been perfectly ok here. The dip or power fall off after shifts at part load is there but only slightly in certain situations same as with a clutched pulley in my opinion it's just more noticable with the FSP. The early version of the tune made my car like a mad man at take off and would boil the tires non stop in sport mode from a stop light. Jerry's current tune is smooth as can be in my opinion, and have been threw multiple tunes for the FSP and my cars spot on. Also running an 82mm tb no hiccups. kponti weren't you having issues with your 82mm tb prior to the FSP?
Yes I did have some issues with occasional cels and slight hiccup that would not affect driveability. I just knew it was there but never bothered me enough to do anything about it cos it was so mild and so infrequent. Later I got kleemann's installed and got an updated tune from Jerry. I mentioned the hiccup to him at that time. The updated tune along with me connecting the TB and y snorkel basically eliminated any hiccups and for the next few thousand miles, there was not even ONE hiccup or cel related to the map sensor.

Fast forward I get the fsp installed a week ago and it's back (cel) in a way that I've never experienced before. This is the first time it actually affects driveability.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:16 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by kponti
Yes I did have some issues with occasional cels and slight hiccup that would not affect driveability. I just knew it was there but never bothered me enough to do anything about it cos it was so mild and so infrequent. Later I got kleemann's installed and got an updated tune from Jerry. I mentioned the hiccup to him at that time. The updated tune along with me connecting the TB and y snorkel basically eliminated any hiccups and for the next few thousand miles, there was not even ONE hiccup or cel related to the map sensor.

Fast forward I get the fsp installed a week ago and it's back (cel) in a way that I've never experienced before. This is the first time it actually affects driveability.

What codes are you getting? Alot of people over the years have battled getting the 82mm not to leak and the check engine lamp off. Make sure it's sealed do a smoke test to about 10 psi and check there first.

*also what's your year, mileage, and maintenance history on spark plugs?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by Denroll
No, haven't done that.
Hmm maybe so there is hope... I'll be trying that over the weekend (thanks Shardul) and see if that resolves my issues.
Right now the hiccup that causes very lean conditions and makes the car almost undriveable is ALWAYS corrected with a throttle body reset along with the sneaky ecu reset.
Works great until there is a drastic drop in temperature (got a 20 to 30 degrizzles drop yesterday and it came back). I did the reset again and viola back to great driving (still have the power lag after shifts though).
Old 12-18-2014, 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
No belt slip here. How is your tensioner? Put a 17mm 12-point wrench on there and see how hard it is to de-tension. Mine is really stiff... and so is my tensioner.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by 1ForcedBenz
What codes are you getting? Alot of people over the years have battled getting the 82mm not to leak and the check engine lamp off. Make sure it's sealed do a smoke test to about 10 psi and check there first.

*also what's your year, mileage, and maintenance history on spark plugs?
The map sensor code is what I usually get.
2005 oil changes every 6 to 7k miles, spark plugs with 10k miles, wires with less than 1k miles, everything has been perfect drivewise until fsp
Old 01-15-2015, 08:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Are you guys still having these issues or have they been resolved?

I am so close to biting the bullet and getting one but these tuning issues over the past 1-2 years worth of threads have been getting me nervous
Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
09 S63
Originally Posted by menace2sobriety
Are you guys still having these issues or have they been resolved?

I am so close to biting the bullet and getting one but these tuning issues over the past 1-2 years worth of threads have been getting me nervous
I have a 77 Fixed Pulley For Sale...
Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Denis_E55
I have a 77 Fixed Pulley For Sale...
I am more so looking for re-assurance that the tune is hiccup free now, as of last month it still seems like there is still one or two things that they still don't have a handle on

When I know the tune is good, then I will know if I am going to get a FSP or the clutched version

Hopefully I have the answers I need in the next 2 weeks otherwise I will be going clutched

Why are you selling yours? issues?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2015, 09:43 PM

09 S63
My car drove great with the 77, Jerry remote tuned my car and she did good. I have a heat exchanger I never got to install so I'm sure that would have helped too. I sold my car in "stock" form and the kids parents didn't want him having any of the high performance parts. I now have an S550 so no use for the pulley, for now at least

I am more so looking for re-assurance that the tune is hiccup free now, as of last month it still seems like there is still one or two things that they still don't have a handle on

When I know the tune is good, then I will know if I am going to get a FSP or the clutched version

Hopefully I have the answers I need in the next 2 weeks otherwise I will be going clutched

Why are you selling yours? issues?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2015, 09:46 PM

2004 E55 AMG
My car drove great with the 77, Jerry remote tuned my car and she did good. I have a heat exchanger I never got to install so I'm sure that would have helped too. I sold my car in "stock" form and the kids parents didn't want him having any of the high performance parts. I now have an S550 so no use for the pulley, for now at least
How long did you have yours on the vehicle, did you have any issues or CELs?

Did you thrash the ***t out of it while it was on - was it still reliable then?

Did you log while it was on to make sure everything was good

Were you using the resistor mod as well

Sorry for all the questions
Old 01-15-2015, 09:50 PM

09 S63
I never once got a CEL. I had the resistor plugged in which was supplied by Shardul. I never logged, didn't find it necessary as that was my only pully mod (stock lower). I beat on the car every chance I got. Raced it every weekend. I think I put about 6500 miles on the setup before I sold the car

How long did you have yours on the vehicle, did you have any issues or CELs?

Did you thrash the ***t out of it while it was on - was it still reliable then?

Did you log while it was on to make sure everything was good

Were you using the resistor mod as well

Sorry for all the questions
Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
I recently redid my PCV hose routing and I have been without a hiccup since. I basically made it like the stock configuration. I added a port to my Y-pipe for the big hose while the two smaller hoses are joined at a T fitting that then feeds into a port on the supercharger inlet. Car seems to run easier/smoother, too.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:31 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
I recently redid my PCV hose routing and I have been without a hiccup since. I basically made it like the stock configuration. I added a port to my Y-pipe for the big hose while the two smaller hoses are joined at a T fitting that then feeds into a port on the supercharger inlet. Car seems to run easier/smoother, too.
There is a reason for the crankcase ventilation systems hoses and their routing and i wonder why many of you guys sometimes even "plugged" (in terms of closed off) some of the PCV hoses in the first place when going larger TB? (Especially the MB 82mm ones that have the necessary ports).

I remember by reading in the WIS that this PCV System is "complex" as its changing the routes from suction to pressure depending on the the load/RPM IIRC. So i would have never ever did anything to it, no matter if tuners would claim its safe or if the pope himself would have claimed its safe.

Glad the Hiccup is sorted out.
Whats now left is still the so called "cold start issue", right?
For me also a big No no since im used to start the car with Keyless Go and as a daily driver i would not want to wait a couple of seconds with ignition on until i am able to start my car.

Anyone else here has this "cold start issue" with the Fixed Supercharger Pulley???
Old 01-16-2015, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Can you show pics of this? My TB was installed by eurocharged so I don't remember what it was like stock. Will really appreciate that, thanks.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
I don't have pictures of the hoses, but it isn't too complex. If you lift up the airboxes, you can see them.

Each side has one smaller hose coming off of the valve cover heading towards the back of the engine. The hoses actually pass through those metal loops by the back of the surge tanks. Down below the throttle body, they connect at a T-fitting, which then ran into a port on the stock throttle body (or the inlet. I haven't seen a stock TB in years).

On the driver's side, there is a second, larger hose that goes from the valve cover to the rubber boot that connects airbox to Y-pipe. Easy to see when you lift the airbox. I pulled the connector barb out of the hose and epoxied it into my Y-pipe. It might look a little janky, but it works like a champ.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:30 PM

2004 E55 AMG
F*** it....I'm going 77mm FSP

But first i need to aquire a Star setup then ill be good to go

Thanks for the input guys
Old 01-19-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E 55 AMG
FWIW. I just fixed my major issue.

My mods were only 80mm FSP (since I couldn't find a 77mm one, but I'll probably grind it down to 77mm later down the road), K&N Filters, and Pulley Wrap Kit. Stock TB and everything else. I was getting a P0107 code for the MAP sensor saying it was getting to low of an input or short to ground. This was obviously a false positive, but during my quest I ended up switching out my ancient MAP (circa 2005) with the bosch equivalent (0261 230 191) an nothing seemed to change. Turns out my F*****G resistor (rated at 560k Ohms) was NOT making good contact with the SC wiring harness even though it was shoved in really hard and was very stable. I don't know how I fudged that one up, but I was able to drive to Eurocharged where they told me it was covered in some white film, but not corrosion so it sounds like some dielectric grease. They took a file to it at first and it helped, but didn't fix it. They eventually cleaned it with some electrical cleaner and took a file to it again and it finally worked. Once that was solved, my CEL was gone and the car ran sooo much better!!!

My remaining issue is SC belt slip where you can hear it scream beginning at around 2500rpm until it gets hot enough to stick. I'm using a Gates k080530 sized belt and have ordered a Napa K080525 (made by Gates) and am hoping that will fix slippage.

Last edited by telpsicorei; 01-19-2015 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-19-2015, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55
Do you have the belt wrap kit? I had that squeal and it went away completely after adding the wrap kit.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:07 PM

1999 E 55 AMG
Yeah I have the wrap kit installed.. still there big time. Myself and Eurocharged also feel that my tensioner is fine. so belt is the next step before any larger purchases.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:44 AM

2005 E55 AMG
I recently purchased a tune and wish I had gotten the 80mm FSP as well. Could you please PM me a price I can provide my invoice number if necessary. Thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 12:18 PM

09 S63
77 FSP STILL FOR SALE! Open to offers!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:53 PM

2005 E55 AMG
77 FSP STILL FOR SALE! Open to offers!
Payment sent

Last edited by Evil E55; 02-03-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:53 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Bump
Old 02-18-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
Bump
Could you check into those topics:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post6321416

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post6316016

Old 02-18-2015, 11:57 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
This would fall into custom tuning and we would be happy to try to help with it. Our rate is $150 per hour.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Crissus

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Fixed Supercharger Pulley and Eurocharged Tune Gains 70whp+ !