W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

What would you like to see in the next E class AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2004 | 10:38 AM
Banned

2002 BMW M5
What would you like to see in the next E class AMG?

What would you like to be improved or featured on the new E amg that is due in the next few years. Would u prefer a n/a engine, or s/c engine. lighter car?
bigger alloys? more hp, better cornering? give us ur feedback
Old 07-17-2004 | 10:45 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 E55
I Would Like To See A Wider Rear Body With Wider Rear Tires Maybe 295s 305s By 19s. Bigger Motor With Turbos Replacing The S/c Basically What I Want Is A E65 Wide Body. And It Wouldnt Hurt To Make The Car Under 4,000 Lbs.
Old 07-17-2004 | 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would like to see me in it
Old 07-17-2004 | 01:12 PM

2004 E55
I'd like to see pulley upgrades and ECM reprogramming at a price that isn't equivalent to dry **** rape.
Old 07-17-2004 | 02:45 PM

2004 E55
The tq is already there!! I would prefer slightly better gear choices that would improve 1/4 mi. times and trap speed. Ditto on the pulley ecu upgrade. Let AMG do that themself, then a 2.82 or 3.06 rear gear that optimizes 3 gear(might require slight chg in 3rd gear ratio) to shift into 4th at end of 1/4 mi. Optimize exhaust manifold for better Hp figures, and Couple it with a 285/35-18 rear tire that puts 1/4 mi figures at approx 11.8-12.0 sec in neighborhood of 120-122 mph. Now we're getting into Porsche and other serious perf. car territory!! For true highway cruising, I'd like to see a slightly softer ride A choice of a nice med-to-dark grey leather would also be nice to help with the extreme temps inside the car on Hot afternoons. choice. All in all - still the best mid-size 4door performance sedan money can buy!!! and at a relative bargain to boot!!!!!
Old 07-17-2004 | 06:32 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW M5, Porsche 911, Mercedes-Benz E55
I hope that the new generation car incorporates all of the following:

-ABC suspension. Please ditch the Airmatic DC -- it exhibits far too much body roll.

-Lose the SBC brakes. PLEASE fit the same "old-style" hydraulic braking system found on the S-Class and CL-Class cars, etc.

-Please do something about the hideous slow, tight and unresponsive steering!!! My wife's W126 560 SEL on O.E. 15" wheels and 65-series tires turns in quicker than my W211 E55! I know that it's contrary to the Mercedes-Benz ethos, buy please try to design a steering rack that offers MUCH improved steering precision, steering feel, and quickness of response. Is a little bit of steering feedback (ala BMW) too much to ask for? Going around a slow 90-degree corner on a normal surface street is a chore that I dread (i.e. far much too hard work).

-For those of us who are willing to pay, please offer far more leather coverage (i.e. upper and lower dash, center console, rear shelf, upper door panels, and door pulls, etc.). Please allow us to order Designo-grade leather in NON-Designo colors. Please also allow us to order any kind of wood (Designo or non-Designo) that Mercedes offers on any of its models.

-Please fit the car with brake pads that have a far higher coefficient of friction/bite than what currently is installed. What good is all that power if the brakes don't imbue you with the confidence that the car can QUICKLY slow down as requested?

Am I asking for too much?

I'm disappointed to learn that the upcoming CLS will retain Airmatic DC and SBC (although I'm not suprised as it basically shares the current W211's platform.

Last edited by Symbolic; 07-17-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2004 | 01:19 AM

E55
4matic

European delivery
Old 07-18-2004 | 02:19 AM

I would like to see the V12 bi-Turbo engine with a transmission that can handle the engine's true potential of 830+ lbs of torque.

ABC instead of airmatic

One more even softer suspension setting when you take your clients out.

The ability to choose what height setting regardless of if you are in sport 1 or sport 2 suspension.

Bluetooth phone or a phone that does not echo

To be able to give voice commands to the Nav system

To be able to give voice commands to all the commands

To be able to play mp3

Power side window sunshade

Ability to darken the glass in all the windows like the sunroof on the Maybach
(asking too much I know)

A spare Tire

More legroom in the back seat

18 inch 285 or larger for the rear. 19 inch is not necessary if it makes the ride too harsh

Launch Control setting.

Rear heated and cooled seats

Fold down rear seats

Thicker steering wheel

heads up display for Nav

These are just the stuff on top of my head. I can probably go on. Don't get me wrong, I love my E55. These things would just make the car perfect.
Old 07-19-2004 | 06:44 AM

2006 CLS 55
More "Improvements"

1. More width between the side bolsters of the seats.

2. Better software for the Comand system.

3. Air conditioning run through the active ventilated seats.

4. Camera for rear view.
Old 07-20-2004 | 07:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

I want a little button that says "If you're banned don't make anew name and try to suck up to the owners."

Oh, and some tires w/ ABC. Have yall compared ABC vs Airmatic? World of a difference.