W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got new engine installed, and bugs worked out, a few questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 10:41 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
06cls
Got new engine installed, and bugs worked out, a few questions.

So finally got my car together, and running. A few things im unsure of and want to run by you guys that i noticed after running the vehicle for a few seconds.

1 the idle is higher thatn usualy at around 1200 1300 rpms, is this going to remedy itself once it warms up?

2, got some grayish smoke coming out the exhaust, guessing its residual oil burning off from when the engine blew?

3. i had the blower apart to make sure it wasnt damaged, and refilled with new jet oil, almost used 2\3s of a quart before it started to come out the hole/ does this sound like the normal amount? I ask because the blower sounds a little different....

lastly any thing i should be looking for /paying attention to ?

still need to bleed power steering, coolant, and re fill transmission fluid once up to temp.

thanks
Old 12-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
04 e55
guessing but --
high idle may be from a vacuum leak,, check all your lines especially the metal tube that plugs under the throttle body/SC on drivers side
smoke may be normal for first run if only for a minute or two,,
make sure you check your engine oil and coolant levels, look for leaks seepage - common sense stuff but sometimes you forget

glad you got it running

Old 12-06-2019, 12:29 PM

06cls
im glad its up and running as well,

that metal hose is double clamped. ran into this issue in the past, spent god knows how long trying to figure out where the leak was...

guess ill let her run a little longer and monitor things thru my bafx bluetooth scanner. i have das/star but its so bulky and have never used it for anything other than lowering and pulling codes. . might hook it up before i run it to see what it scans.

need to find bleeding instructions for coolant and power steering.

will this work on m113k?
Using a 50% distilled water 50% engine coolant mix, slowly fill the expansion tank until the coolant level indicator reaches the MIN mark (red arrow). The level indicator as viewed inside the reservoir (red arrow), the side of the tank (green arrow) where the clear and black plastic meet are also just about at the MIN level. Trapped air is common when filling a cooling system and can result in improper cooling. It is important to bleed your cooling system each time the cooling system is serviced. Install the expansion tank cap and be sure all bleeder screws are tight. Turn the ignition ON (do not start engine). Set the temperature controls in the vehicle interior to full warm and the blower fan speed to Low. Start and run the engine at idle until it reaches operating temperature and check the cooling level, top up as needed. When done, check the cooling system for leaks. Repeat: Start and run the engine at idle until it reaches operating temperature and check the cooling system for leaks. When warm, the coolant level should be about 1cm above the MIN mark.

as for power steering this is what i pulled up ?Then lower the new power steering pump into the engine compartment. Slide the reservoir into the notch in the oil filter housing (red arrow). Install the power steering pump fasteners and tighten. Then reassemble the remaining items in the reverse order of removal. Once complete, fill and bleed the power steering system. Before starting the engine, fill the power steering reservoir with clean fluid to the MAX level on the dipstick. Start the engine and turn the steering wheel fully left and right three times. Turn the engine off, check the fluid level and add fluid until it reaches MAX on the dipstick. When full, fluid should be clear and foam free. Foam or bubbles is a sign of air in the system.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:32 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
2005 C55 AMG (sold), 2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 06cls55amg
So finally got my car together, and running. A few things im unsure of and want to run by you guys that i noticed after running the vehicle for a few seconds.
3. i had the blower apart to make sure it wasnt damaged, and refilled with new jet oil, almost used 2\3s of a quart before it started to come out the hole/ does this sound like the normal amount? I ask because the blower sounds a little different....
The hole is not a level indicator, you shouldn't be filling it until it overflows out of it. Factory fill is 150 mL, most guys typically are able to pull out 130-140 mL.

Glad you got the car back and running
Old 12-06-2019, 02:03 PM

06cls
well ****, just went to start it again and now it doesnt want to start , when it doeas sounds super rough and shuts off.....wtf...lol

kamg. i took my charger apart and emptied it that way, should i pull the fluid back out and refill ?

Old 12-06-2019, 04:06 PM

06cls
7:10 looks like we missed this bracket to hold the breather hoe, , and it looks like it popped out. guess it time to remove some stuff again.,
Old 12-06-2019, 09:26 PM

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts
N/A
I'm glad you decided to fix the CLS, it's in great shape and needs to be kept on the road!
Old 12-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts
N/A
well ****, just went to start it again and now it doesnt want to start , when it doeas sounds super rough and shuts off.....wtf...lol

kamg. i took my charger apart and emptied it that way, should i pull the fluid back out and refill ?

I did the supercharger oil change last year and it didn't take much. I believe I put in the exact amount recommended by MB.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...filling-4.html

Old 12-07-2019, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
If you jack up the rear of the car until the S/C is level, pull the plug in the front, it will only be a little overfull. Worked fine for me. you could jack it a little higher to get more out. It's hard to get it all out to measure properly with a syringe
Old 12-07-2019, 06:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
'04 E55 Wagon
Yep, you overfilled your supercharger. It will leak thru the front shaft when running flooding your clutch.

About your engine running problems. There are two throttle bodies. Both have the identical connectors at the ends of their wirings. One is marked with a blue/green tape in factory. Dont rember which one.

They can be mismatched causing similar problems (been there done that)
Swap them out and check.

Last edited by coobah; 12-08-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
I bought a pack of some kind of skinny cigarettes and used one of the filters in the pulley bolt hole to make sure no dust got into the S/C oil over time, since that is the vent. Kind of an expensive filter because you only need one, but it is high quality.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:20 AM

06cls
Welp got a few over looked things sorted ( power steering pump seal, few hose clamps were loose, as well as a few other things) found my vacuum leak, re attached the hose, as well as swapped the throttle body connectors.

She started right up, and sounds healthy, have a idler bearing that needs replacing. Going to bleed the power steering, coolant, and re fill transmission later, and double check things after a few heat cycles.

thanks for all the help.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Glad it’s all working out for you. That car needed to be back on the road and not parted out.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:02 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Welp got a few over looked things sorted ( power steering pump seal, few hose clamps were loose, as well as a few other things) found my vacuum leak, re attached the hose, as well as swapped the throttle body connectors.

She started right up, and sounds healthy, have a idler bearing that needs replacing. Going to bleed the power steering, coolant, and re fill transmission later, and double check things after a few heat cycles.

thanks for all the help.
Congrats and nice job getting everything running. I have rebuilt a few m113k over the years and it is a job getting everything dialed in, especially on cars with ABC suspension.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-15-2019, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320

thanks for all the help.
Right on man! Glad you saved it! I mixed up the TB connecters once too, just from taking the intake apart.