Sponsored by:

Passenger Seat Occupancy Emulator - US

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 10:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Passenger Seat Occupancy Emulator - US

Hey all, about a month ago I received an emulator for my passenger seat. My SRS light has been on for quite some time, with no airbag deploying in the event of an accident for the passenger (I haven’t driven with anyone in that seat since, don’t worry!) When I first bought the car 2 years ago, I would get error messages occasionally about the passenger air bag switching on and off when I had items in the seat, but I figured it was just sensitive.

I’m debating parting ways with her (have owned 2 years from 69k to 101k miles) and want to resolve the issue prior to selling. I ordered an emulator in an attempt to fix the issue and it was an EU spec with a 3 wire connector rather than 4 for US models. I can’t seem to find one anywhere online and was looking for some leads. Also interested in hearing if anyone has done the entire seat mat replacement. I think working with interior - especially seats - is an art form and one that I am no good at, so I would prefer to just plug in an emulator and have the airbag 100% on.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
Why not fix the fault, so the next sucker doesnt have your problem------get a short test to determine the issue
Old 11-02-2020, 11:15 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Why not fix the fault, so the next sucker doesnt have your problem------get a short test to determine the issue
Making sure an airbag deploys at all times is a lot safer than not. I would absolutely disclose it to the next owner when that day comes.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by JakeAndBake
Hey all, about a month ago I received an emulator for my passenger seat. My SRS light has been on for quite some time, with no airbag deploying in the event of an accident for the passenger (I haven’t driven with anyone in that seat since, don’t worry!) When I first bought the car 2 years ago, I would get error messages occasionally about the passenger air bag switching on and off when I had items in the seat, but I figured it was just sensitive.

I’m debating parting ways with her (have owned 2 years from 69k to 101k miles) and want to resolve the issue prior to selling. I ordered an emulator in an attempt to fix the issue and it was an EU spec with a 3 wire connector rather than 4 for US models. I can’t seem to find one anywhere online and was looking for some leads. Also interested in hearing if anyone has done the entire seat mat replacement. I think working with interior - especially seats - is an art form and one that I am no good at, so I would prefer to just plug in an emulator and have the airbag 100% on.
Sounds pretty dangerous. Don't be cheap, have it properly diagnosed at a dealership- it may just need re-calibration and only the dealership has the proper tool to do it.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 999 Likes on 777 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
See this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tem-wss-2.html
Old 11-03-2020, 10:08 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Thank you!

Deciding to hold on to her for another year at least. Would love to have it working correctly.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63, s63s
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Sounds pretty dangerous. Don't be cheap, have it properly diagnosed at a dealership- it may just need re-calibration and only the dealership has the proper tool to do it.
It's just an emulator, it's not dangerous at all, it just bypasses the weight sensing module meaning the airbag will deploy whether someone's in the seat or not(most cheap cars do this for not having weight mats) buy the right emulator and ship it.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by Arob87
It's just an emulator, it's not dangerous at all, it just bypasses the weight sensing module meaning the airbag will deploy whether someone's in the seat or not(most cheap cars do this for not having weight mats) buy the right emulator and ship it.
Wrong. The airbag has two stages of deployment strength depending on the size/weight of the person. That is the purpose of the weight sensing system.
Old 10-30-2021, 03:22 PM

G63, s63s
Wrong. The airbag has two stages of deployment strength depending on the size/weight of the person. That is the purpose of the weight sensing system.
Been working on mercedes and owning them all my life boss, your wrongfully correct. There's technically 3 a 35 lb reference, 95 lb reference and child seat (stupid is even an option for front seat.) Used several modules and had no issues, even had bags deploy on me. Only issue would be if you put a small child in the front (which your not supposed to do anyways.)
Old 10-30-2021, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Been working on mercedes and owning them all my life boss, your wrongfully correct. There's technically 3 a 35 lb reference, 95 lb reference and child seat (stupid is even an option for front seat.) Used several modules and had no issues, even had bags deploy on me. Only issue would be if you put a small child in the front (which your not supposed to do anyways.)
19 years as a master MB tech, 26 years in the business- you're right, I am your boss. If you were as good as you think you are, you'd be able to repair the WSS to factory functionality instead of some aftermarket "bypass." You're nothing more than a shadetree hack. Go watch some more gooftube videos and tell us all how much you think you know about these cars.

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 10-30-2021 at 09:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OnlyGerman (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 09:19 AM

G63, s63s
19 years as a master MB tech, 26 years in the business- you're right, I am your boss. If you were as good as you think you are, you'd be able to repair the WSS to factory functionality instead of some aftermarket "bypass." You're nothing more than a shadetree hack. Go watch some more gooftube videos and tell us all how much you think you know about these cars.
Nice assumption that I can't fix the wss. Parts are 3 weeks out I get the modules in a few days and they work fine (on my personal cars!). At my shop I've owned for 10 years we do the mat/sensor and program. I was speaking for the diy people who come to forums and for them there's no issue using an emulator unless they carry small children in the front. 20 yrs as a master tech and you don't have your own shop... cool story lol. Your my boss 😆😆 I'm 33 and my house is paid off. My UR huracan X pkg prob cost TWICE as much as your house 😆 your bragging about being a tech for 19 yrs!! OKAAAAY BOSSSS 😂

Last edited by Arob87; 10-31-2021 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-31-2021, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Nice assumption that I can't fix the wss. Parts are 3 weeks out I get the modules in a few days and they work fine (on my personal cars!). At my shop I've owned for 10 years we do the mat and program. I was speaking for the diy people who come to forums and for them there's no issue using an emulator unless they carry small children in the front. 20 yrs as a master tech and you don't have your own shop... cool story lol. Your my boss 😆😆 I'm 33 and my house is paid off. My UR huracan X pkg prob cost TWICE as much as your house 😆 your bragging about being a tech for 19 yrs!! OKAAAAY BOSSSS 😂
"It's better to appear ignorant than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
You're so full of shi% I can smell it through my computer. Replace all the "mats" at your "own shop" you want, because that can't fix your problem since the 211 WSS uses sensors built into the seat frame. But you already knew that right? LMAO...you don't know anything! Now go give daddy his MB keys back before you get grounded.

I wouldn't want the hassle of owning my own shop. I make six figures a year working about 42 hours per week, get a month off (paid) for vacation, and rarely get dirty because most of my money is made from dummies like you (or your daddy) who can't properly diagnose anything on these cars. And when I leave at 5pm I haven't a worry or care in the world. I've got my own 1800 sq ft workshop in my backyard so that's good enough for me. Go ahead and let us know the name of the shop where you sweep the floors and are allowed to do an occasional oil change, so we all know which back alley hack shop to avoid.

I've got more equity in my home sitting on 1.1 acres than your little cookie cutter zero lot line shi$box dwelling is worth.

Sincerely,
Your Boss

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 10-31-2021 at 10:23 AM.
hyperion667 (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 10:34 AM

G63, s63s
You're so full of shi% I can smell it through my computer. Replace all the "mats" at your "own shop" you want, because that can't fix your problem since the 211 WSS uses sensors built into the seat frame. But you already knew that right? LMAO...you don't know anything! Now go give daddy his MB keys back before you get grounded.

I wouldn't want the hassle of owning my own shop. I make six figures a year working about 42 hours per week, get a month off (paid) for vacation, and rarely get dirty because most of my money is made from dummies like you (or your daddy) who can't properly diagnose anything on these cars. And when I leave at 5pm I haven't a worry or care in the world. I've got my own 1800 sq ft workshop in my backyard so that's good enough for me. Go ahead and let us know the name of the shop where you sweep the floors and are allowed to do an occasional oil change, so we all know which back alley hack shop to avoid.

I've got more equity in my home sitting on 1.1 acres than your little cookie cutter zero lot line shi$box dwelling is worth.

Sincerely,
Your Boss
You didn't prove anything. E320 had the mat from 99-03 which is why I put mat/sensor but it auto corrected to just mat. Your the one who stated That only a dealership scanner will program the wss. My autel does just fine when I do replace the wss module. What's a dad, came from a single mother of 4 and just bought her a house.. Don't want the hassle!!! 😆😆😆 says every tech incapable of opening their own shop. I have nothing to prove to a broke dick tech. Bye Felicia. To the random people reading this...Yes you can use an emulator with NO issues just don't put your kid up front. Don't listen to Mr 20 yr master tech who's still a tech!!
Old 10-31-2021, 10:39 AM

G63, s63s

Sincerely,
Your Boss
You didn't prove anything. The earlier E class did have the mat from 99-03 which is why I put mat/sensor but it auto corrected to just mat. Your the one who stated that only a dealership scanner will program the wss. My autel does just fine when I do replace the wss module, clearly you don't know *****. What's a dad? Came from a single mother of 4 and just bought her a house. Don't want the hassle!!! 😆😆😆 says every tech incapable of opening their own shop. I have nothing to prove to a broke dick tech. Bye Felicia. To the random people reading this...Yes you can use an emulator with NO issues just don't put your kid up front. Don't listen to Mr 20 yr master tech who's still a tech!!
Old 10-31-2021, 10:44 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,416 Likes on 2,855 Posts
2012 CLS63

I love Sunday mornings on the forums
The following 2 users liked this post by hyperion667:
Arob87 (10-31-2021), E55Greasemonkey (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
You didn't prove anything. The earlier E class did have the mat from 99-03 which is why I put mat/sensor but it auto corrected to just mat. Your the one who stated that only a dealership scanner will program the wss. My autel does just fine when I do replace the wss module, clearly you don't know *****. What's a dad? Came from a single mother of 4 and just bought her a house. Don't want the hassle!!! 😆😆😆 says every tech incapable of opening their own shop. I have nothing to prove to a broke dick tech. Bye Felicia. To the random people reading this...Yes you can use an emulator with NO issues just don't put your kid up front. Don't listen to Mr 20 yr master tech who's still a tech!!
Autel's and emulators! Wow what a first class repair shop you've got there! Autel is great for a DIY owner working from home. If you were as successful as you think you are (hint-you're not) you'd have a leased XENTRY unit from Daimler, giving you the same diagnosis and coding capabilities that the dealership has. But I bet you already know about leasing XENTRY right? Didn't think so. It wouldn't help a hack like yourself anyways, as you still have to know how to use it and make a proper diagnosis.
Go get some rest I'm sure you've got a back breaking day of tire rotations and oil changes to knock out!

This is for you, Supertech:

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 10-31-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-31-2021, 12:05 PM

G63, s63s
Autel's and emulators! Wow what a first class repair shop you've got there! Autel is great for a DIY owner working from home. If you were as successful as you think you are (hint-you're not) you'd have a leased XENTRY unit from Daimler, giving you the same diagnosis and coding capabilities that the dealership has. But I bet you already know about leasing XENTRY right? Didn't think so. It wouldn't help a hack like yourself anyways, as you still have to know how to use it and make a proper diagnosis.
Go get some rest I'm sure you've got a back breaking day of tire rotations and oil changes to knock out!

This is for you, Supertech:
Once again your assuming. My autel just works faster. I do have xentry and star, and rosstech, and witech, and tech 2, and several autologics but no subscriptions because you have to purchase access through each Vin (with xentry) BUT YOU KNEW THAT 😆😬 oh right you don't because your boss pays that. I choose to pay a programmer a 1 time fee to do most my programming helps small business and isn't worth the headache. Again let's get back on topic.

Does the emulator work- Yes
Is it dangerous (unless child in front seat)- No
Will it remove the srs light- Yes
Do you need a MeRceDeS scanner- NO

Last edited by Arob87; 10-31-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
An emulator is for a shadetree hack who can't properly diagnose or repair the system to factory specifications. I know you don't have the specific and correctly shaped weights to calibrate the system, but the dealership does. I hope you have good liability insurance at your "shop" if you're bypassing critical safety systems. You won't find any SRS "emulators" in my cars!

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 10-31-2021 at 01:20 PM.
OnlyGerman (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 02:24 PM

G63, s63s
An emulator is for a shadetree hack who can't properly diagnose or repair the system to factory specifications. I know you don't have the specific and correctly shaped weights to calibrate the system, but the dealership does. I hope you have good liability insurance at your "shop" if you're bypassing critical safety systems. You won't find any SRS "emulators" in my cars!
You do realize YOUR IN A FORUM!! 😆😆 90% of the people here are here for diy tips. You mean the ocs 9077 😆 had that about 6 years or more. You dealership guys are funny!
Old 10-31-2021, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 131 Posts
Too many german broads
+1
E55Greasemonkey (11-01-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 07:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W212 E550 4Matic, W211 E55 AMG
I had the same problem. From my understanding, my mechanic bypassed the seat occupancy sensor. Now the seat thinks there is someone sitting in it at all times. So the airbag will deploy
Old 11-02-2021, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by greekstylist
I had the same problem. From my understanding, my mechanic bypassed the seat occupancy sensor. Now the seat thinks there is sometone sitting in it at all times. So the airbag will deploy
Another hack job. Find a new "mechanic."