Sponsored by:

Autocar E55 vs M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
First of all, krispykrme should be flogged for starting another pointless thread which has the sole purpose of inflaming this forum as did the stupid 10-15 car length thread from yesterday, in which he was a participant.

You are just proving my point. I participate in what? All i stated was the shifting pattern on the M5 on that thread. DID I ARGUE ON THE NUMBER ONE WAY OR OTHER?

POINT LESS THREAD? Last time I check the autocar post has E55 number in there. So this is not an E55 board. Yes, I did not bother to check the 15 CL threads number. Because I knew crap like this would happen. I was browsing through it and refrained from even looking into that number because any post i make about those number would be twisted into support of damn number.

I have started this thread with disclaimer that I am simply passing it as FYI. Who started this BS 1st? Fine, i made a mistake for not looking at the 10-15 CL post in detail. But I was trying to stay away from supporting anything and only reason i started this one because I thought it to be a good FYI.

The post is only inflaming because you all made it become that. Its a damn set of number conducted by autocar. You all made it into a full out war. Why just not go grab a gun and shoot auto car tester if this meant so much to all of you.

FOR GOD SAKE. ITS A SET OF NUMBER ABOUT A CAR!!!!! Grow up.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krispykrme

The post is only inflaming because you all made it become that. Its a damn set of number conducted by autocar. You all made it into a full out war.

FOR GOD SAKE. ITS A SET OF NUMBER ABOUT A CAR!!!!! Grow up.
Its all good if you do most of the "Grow up" part.

By hte way when W210 says in this thread
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by W210
Yes, it is a treat everytime I drive the E55. The effortless performance combined with the elegant design that screams quality all around.

and you come back with

krispykrme

Quality- not really.

and your next post is

krispykrme

I am simply stating my opinion as an E55 owner that E55's quality is not bullet proof and do not think that "screams quality all around" makes any sense what so ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is very grown up when the dude says " I enjoy my car and its quality" and you come back with "makes no sence to me what so ever because I have problems with mine."

AS an ex M3 owner, did you enjoy that car? If you ever expressed any thought on enjoying M3 did some other M3 owner come back right at ya saying that that did not make sence what so ever to him because he had his engine blow?

Just let this BS die. Please put 10-15 CL between this thread of yours and yourself, be the winner, like M5.

Last edited by Belmondo; 09-16-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:56 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Belmondo
Its all good if you do most of the "Grow up" part.

That is very grown up when the dude says " I enjoy my car and its quality" and you come back with "makes no sence to me what so ever because I have problems with mine."

AS an ex M3 owner, did you enjoy that car? If you ever expressed any thought on enjoying M3 did some other M3 owner come back right at ya saying that that did not make sence what so ever to him because he had his engine blow?

Just let this BS die. Please put 10-15 CL between this thread of yours and yourself, be the winner, like M5.
huh??

where is my statement wrong? His car has excellent quality. Mine does not. I had problem with airmatic. And all of us has SBC recall, so his statement is false right?

So his statement makes no sense what so ever, because reality is not true. We all have our share of quality issue with W211.

Obviously you haven't see the gripe i had with the M3 right. Why not check BMW board as well. I chastised my M3 for rattles, a broken sunroof panel, dumb SMG, and overall lack of torque. Heck, you could even find this here in E55 Forum. I have numerous time bashed my crashing Nav on my BMW in pretty much every single car forum i have been.

I am not like typical owner here. I can take a truthful complaint and accept the fact. I had many cars previously, I have complained pretty much every single one of them to death, because no car are perfect.

Go to TL and see what my comment was on my wife's TL, go to honda website and see my complaint on my previous honda.

The point i am trying to make is that, no car is perfect. I don't care what **** is said about my car as long as its true. This is what I expects in a forum.

The only car that I did not complain were the two toyota and lexus I had. Well not exactly true, because my complaint were they are boring. And I stated it toay, I was happy when my camry transmission died on me. That car was curse from hell. Because it would just not die, and I can't get a damn new car. That car was perfect in many way, but BORING. AND I HATE THAT CAR DESPITE BEING TROUBLE FREE.

This is me. I take complaints well. I take criticism on my car well. I accept what it the truth. I just sick and tired of BS. W211 is not perfect, the new M5 will not be perfect, my M3 was not perfect. Nothing is perfect and I accept that.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
First of all, krispykrme should be flogged for starting another pointless thread which has the sole purpose of inflaming this forum as did the stupid 10-15 car length thread from yesterday, in which he was a participant.

Second, I think Belmondo has said enough already. We know where his heart is.

Third, the M5 won't even hit our shores for another year. By then all the car mags will have published head to head comparisons. Will the M5 be superior, probably in many ways yes, but not in every way. Will the M5 be faster is every test of speed and performance? Probably yes for most, but not likely for all. Will a new M5 beat me around the track? Probably not since no one with an M5 seems to show up for track events, and even if they did, they'd have to be pretty good to turn in better lap times. Bottom line is, driving ability plays a big role in pushing a car to its maximum performance capabilities.

Lastly, they will both be great cars and one will be very slightly faster than the other. If the M5 turns out to be faster, would I trade in my E55 for it? Absolutely not.

I plead with the rational members of this forum, stop stupid threads like this which are just pissing contests between children who should be spending more time with their wives, family, or schoolwork rather than wasting time with such frivolity.
Well said, it's a stupid thread.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:32 AM

[QUOTE=Belmondo]Where is the data Mike, published and confirmed, where, mike? "Dont you see the trend?" The only "some data" as of today 9-16-2004 out there that would suggest anything is your : "I turely believe BMW will not release a car that is slower than the current E55. "
Because if data is out than there is no more reason to just believe, Mike, the day it happans its OFFICIAL you can put "I belive" up your a$$, clown.
[QUOTE]

Look, you don't have to believe what I believe in. Just like I don't believe like your believe the E55 is not going to be faster than M5. While you asking for hard data to prove to you that the new M5 is faster than E55, why don't you prove how your mighty E55 is going to be faster than the M5 without any hard data? So everything now is based on what we believe and from indications from numerous reviews and reports from mags.

That was not my point to intention which is faster or better in my first post, and I don't need to, these are the car mags job. This forum is supposed to be informative on the E55 but I found other than road kill stories, 1/4miles times and E55 posting their proud of beating somebody in a stop light wars, I found not much if not nothing technically about the E55. Sad thing is I probably learn more about E55 and car in general in M5board than here. Having narrow minded members like you on this board not only going to destory the image of this board but also the image of fellow MB owners of blind brand follower.

For being a car nut and F1 fan, I appreciate BMW effort in bring us as close to F1 as possible IN A 4 DOOR SEDAN.

Mike
Old 09-17-2004, 02:48 AM

I know members here saying that Mbworld has lost it. I now understand why.
People can't discuss other carbrands without being hostile. Some of you mercedesfans even attack other mercedesowners. Something is clearly wrong here.
Here is a few members from Mbworld writing at M5board. Read what they have to say about Mbworld.org.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...t=45914&page=2

If I was a moderator here, this thread would be locked long time ago.

Last edited by Just_me; 09-17-2004 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Quality

Thanks Belmondo, it's obvious KK is very bitter about our enjoyment of our cars.

I gave up I was actually talking about the solid feel of the interior pieces, the nice looking dash material, the classy chrome inserts, the soft nappa leather etc. all of which screams quality.

MB has come a long way since the ML and A class days.

I get the same high class quality in our Audi allroad (although it doesn't hold up as well as the MB - window switches markings rubbing off). The BMW 545i I test drove however, does not have as nice an interior. Cheap rubber and plastic pieces everywhere from center console to armrest.

Yuck!

However, I must say the M5 seems to be a step in the right direction as I see leather wrapped armrest as a start...
Old 09-17-2004, 03:39 AM

Thanks Belmondo, it's obvious KK is very bitter about our enjoyment of our cars.
Maybe he is more openminded and see faults in all cars. It's weird that that you guys dont believe him. If he was raising mercedes to the skyes you would all be applauding and happy and saying he is one of us.
Even though BMW is closer to my heart, I dont go thinking for myself that bmw is superior to other carmakers. I do realise there are other good carmakers as well. This is the difference between open-minded and narrow-minded people.

If you guys dont like bmw or another carmaker why are you guys even posting in this thread. I like almost every car and love to compare them to each others. If someone attacks my favorite carbrand, I dont get upset and accusing them. I accept there are people with different opinions.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it's funny how the posts in the last page of this thread has nothing to do with E55 and M5, it's all about members having a dig at each other.

The new M5 hasn't even been properly tested in a car mag and we see flames as high as the sky in here already. I expect to see more of this M5 vs E55 saga once the test is done and there will be more controveries, more flaming.

I do not see a problem with arguments about 'this is faster than that' because it's essentially what a car forum is all about. Banters don't hurt the forum. But when things get personal, the buck should stop there.

I think it is extremely interesting to read all these talks about E55 vs E60 M5 between a few who have the E55 and those WITHOUT the E60 M5

Last edited by Jon200; 09-17-2004 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:19 AM

Belmondo,

Honest question, please. How old are you? you're brining no help to this board in learning anything about any car. Come back in a few years when you get your liscence.

thanks,

sidenote... for any of you who actually read the disclaimer on registration, any hateful, threatful, or missapropriate conduct is prohibited on this board. I motion for the administrators to trace the IP addresses and begin blocking a few members from further participation.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:42 AM

04 E55

don't flatter yourself. bitter? you are making me laugh. why would i be bitter at something that I already have. Only people who stands pat will be content with what he or she already have.

If everyone in this world is content about everything, the whole society will fail to advance. Nothing is perfect. You may be content on what you already perceive its perfect. On the other hand there are people like me who has much more open mindness and willing to accept criticism and make changes.

May be you were born more than a 100 years ago, you will be 100% happy with horse carriage. Here is what you and I differ. I see something new everyday. I see problems that need to be change. Enjoyment, yes i do enjoy my car. But not to a point that I would become blind as an owl that would be totally brain dead and accept a so called perfect car. Enjoyment and blind faith are different. You are into blind faith, while I prefer constant change to improve.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:13 AM

don't flatter yourself. bitter? you are making me laugh. why would i be bitter at something that I already have. Only people who stands pat will be content with what he or she already have.

If everyone in this world is content about everything, the whole society will fail to advance. Nothing is perfect. You may be content on what you already perceive its perfect. On the other hand there are people like me who has much more open mindness and willing to accept criticism and make changes.

May be you were born more than a 100 years ago, you will be 100% happy with horse carriage. Here is what you and I differ. I see something new everyday. I see problems that need to be change. Enjoyment, yes i do enjoy my car. But not to a point that I would become blind as an owl that would be totally brain dead and accept a so called perfect car. Enjoyment and blind faith are different. You are into blind faith, while I prefer constant change to improve.

To me, these guys cares about what status their E55 brings them more than the enjoyment it brings in driving. Knowing that they might not be able to claim their car is the fastest 4 door sedan anymore is really disturbing them. Totally immature, narrow minded kids.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by MikeHK
Totally immature, narrow minded kids.
exactly, you can tell alot about a persons age by the type of language they use and there seems to be alot of 15yr olds around here.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by aDriver
Belmondo,

Honest question, please. How old are you? you're brining no help to this board in learning anything about any car. Come back in a few years when you get your liscence.

thanks,
sidenote... for any of you who actually read the disclaimer on registration, any hateful, threatful, or missapropriate conduct is prohibited on this board. I motion for the administrators to trace the IP addresses and begin blocking a few members from further participation.

Nice of you to come from BMW board and share so much of your wisdom in your first post.

May be administrators WILL block IP's of "new memebers" that poped up in the last 48 hours and showed interest in only two threads:

"New M5 beats E55 by 10-15 CL to a 155 mph?Autocar first test-drive of the M5..." and

"Autocar E55 vs M5"

and lets watch if all this BS will instantly disappear with them.

Last edited by Belmondo; 09-17-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:28 PM

I think KrispyK is a "ring leader" of the likes of "just me's" here whos combined age is less than that of Kain.

I think KK brought htem here along with hte recycled numbers to tell you that whatever enjoyment you get out of your car does not make any sence to him what-so-ever
and that is a quote of him.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:37 PM

04 E55
I think KrispyK is a "ring leader" of the likes of "just me's" here whos combined age is less than that of Kain.

I think KK brought htem here along with hte recycled numbers to tell you that whatever enjoyment you get out of your car does not make any sence to him what-so-ever
and that is a quote of him.
yes, you are so mature. you know, if you want accuse me being a ring leader, you better back it up. Or you can kiss my a$$.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
yes, you are so mature. you know, if you want accuse me being a ring leader, you better back it up. Or you can kiss my a$$.
Is there some kind of modarator that can close this thread....enough of this...
Old 09-17-2004, 02:33 PM

Disclamer fo KK :
" dear friend, when I say "I think" I'm simply stating my opinion, I'm not claiming that you are or you are not a RL ---I dont know it to be true or not" .
Furthermore I have never realized that stating a simple opinion in this forum would now require disclaimer every time as post on here always get twisted into some kind of BS one way or other. This is "obsurd."

I will quote you post below and may be that will help you a bit on how to deal with opinion expressed by me.

Thank you for your understanding KK

PM #32
krispykrme

Vehicle I drive: 04 E55, 04 G55, 04 CLK320

BTW- I am not claiming that BMW quality is better than DCX. Nor I am saying that M5 is a better car than E55.

I am simply stating my opinion as an E55 owner that E55's quality is not bullet proof and do not think that "screams quality all around" makes any sense what so ever.

I have never realize that stating a simple opinion would now require disclaimer every time as post on here always get twisted into some kind of bashing one way or other. This is obsurd.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Vic

This is quite possibly the most pathetically childish thread I have come across on this forum in the last year.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

into things
Jesus.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:31 AM

MBenz
damn it, this thread again? BMW vs. MBZ? you guys are sick man!!. stop this thread right here. conclusion is:

since M5 is not yet released, but it is very possible and I am sure that the new M5 will be faster. so, W211 E55 owners please accept this... later, MB will release newer and faster model of E55. It's just natural of the business. you want to make something better than the other to grab the market.

so E55 owner who thinks your car is the beast, please shut up!! in the end you're still W211 and a lambho will beat your *** very bad... and so does M5 owner. MB is just more luxurious and elegant, BMW is sportier. however, both are great cars damn it.

i am just sick looking people comparing this car and thought that the car he's driving is jet or anything. it also depends on "can you drive the car"? if you can't even though you drive E55 or M5, I can still beat you with my honda :p
Old 09-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Vic

I've heard the M5 may not be released until Oct. 2005. Something about DME software and hardware problems.

Having owned a 2002 745Li, I'm not a bit surprised.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:12 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by lpolo
so E55 owner who thinks your car is the beast, please shut up!! in the end you're still W211 and a lambho will beat your *** very bad...
i sure would hope so if u are paying the extra 100 or more G's for a lambo

i think my car is a beast, but certainly not the best but for what i paid, it's worth every penny i spent...

Last edited by houston; 09-18-2004 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Believe it or not, there is a reason why current E55 owners pick the E55 over the E39 M5. ..............
My hats off to BMW for being so successful in molding a bunch of dedicated missionaries to work for them. It is particularly impressive as their line of cars, in my opinion, are so ugly inside and out.

I like this exciting thread...so I write something... I never drove fast cars like E55 nor M5 ...I have no stand to comment about speeds.

I have only been hearing ...from time to time.....my friend who been running repair shop fixing numerous BMW and MB in the past 25 years , told me that I should only buy BMW 3 and 7 series; I did not hear he mentioned anything negative about MB's C,E,S,CLK in past 25 years.

In HK, I was never able to see an M5 around than so many E55 W211 in the city now. There must be a reason there...HK ppl loves the MB brand more?

Of course, the new M5 will be a V10, I will be delighted to hear from E55 owners here they can decide a next(new) candiate for a future replacement. Or I can at least have another choice of 'dream upgrade' :p

A personal taste , the W211 is the most beautiful MB sedan ever created;while my wife has been a BMW fan (she has a z3 ) but she had no hesitation to tell me the new BMW 5 series is 'soooo ugly'. Again, it is personal taste.

cnt
Old 09-19-2004, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cntlaw
I like this exciting thread...so I write something... I never drove fast cars like E55 nor M5 ...I have no stand to comment about speeds.

I have only been hearing ...from time to time.....my friend who been running repair shop fixing numerous BMW and MB in the past 25 years , told me that I should only buy BMW 3 and 7 series; I did not hear he mentioned anything negative about MB's C,E,S,CLK in past 25 years.

In HK, I was never able to see an M5 around than so many E55 W211 in the city now. There must be a reason there...HK ppl loves the MB brand more?

Of course, the new M5 will be a V10, I will be delighted to hear from E55 owners here they can decide a next(new) candiate for a future replacement. Or I can at least have another choice of 'dream upgrade' :p

A personal taste , the W211 is the most beautiful MB sedan ever created;while my wife has been a BMW fan (she has a z3 ) but she had no hesitation to tell me the new BMW 5 series is 'soooo ugly'. Again, it is personal taste.

cnt
Congratulations on your one month old C55, it looks very nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Autocar E55 vs M5