W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in buying an E63 S AMG that needs nothing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 01:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E63 AMG S
Anyone interested in buying an E63 S AMG that needs nothing?

I'm located in WA state and considering to sell my car to upgrade to a GTS. It's a certified 2014 E63 S AMG with unlimited mileage warranty until 2/2019. It also has a $10K black chrome wrap, ceramic coating, and 2 prepaid maintenances left up to the 40K mile service, which includes the transmission service. It needs nothing and runs like a charm. Have all service receipts and certification papers. Only got 22.9K miles but occasionally putting miles on. Pretty much new tires that have a lot of life left (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ all season tires). Condition is very good and in my ownership, has always been washed and treated with swissvax products only. Definitely a head turner, see pictures below. Note: I'm not 100% for sure yet as I really love this car and the car is perfect for the Seattle weather, but seriously considering to make the transition. PM me if you are interested

Old 12-05-2017, 12:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 e63s 2009 ML350 4Matic
Good looking car. Good luck with sale
Old 12-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,153 Likes on 1,511 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Sweet ride
Old 12-06-2017, 02:00 PM

E63 AMG S
Thanks guys. I really wonder if I should sell this car.. I've invested a lot of time and money on this one and it does so well with the AWD up here in the PNW. The GT with the dual clutch transmission and the interior makes me want one though, but the GT would probably kill me (RWD, rain) what do you guys think? The E63 is much faster, safer, and does everything with less fuss, but lacks the exotic appeal I think, sharing the same chasis with the E350 and E550. Not sure if I should make the transition.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:01 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by speedydriver
Thanks guys. I really wonder if I should sell this car.. I've invested a lot of time and money on this one and it does so well with the AWD up here in the PNW. The GT with the dual clutch transmission and the interior makes me want one though, but the GT would probably kill me (RWD, rain) what do you guys think? The E63 is much faster, safer, and does everything with less fuss, but lacks the exotic appeal I think, sharing the same chasis with the E350 and E550. Not sure if I should make the transition.
Gotta be honest, with the epic amount of depreciation you get hit with on these cars, I feel like if you don't need a sedan/space then I would absolutely buy something else. If you need to have a people hauler, then it's whatever floats your boat (M5, RS7 etc.)...but sports cars of equal values will probably depreciate at a slower rate AND turn more heads. My 2 cents.

I've driven my wagon for a year and I don't think that a single stranger has commented on it to me yet. My 911 got comments every other week or so by some random.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 E63S Wagon, 2005 E500
Originally Posted by ajs76
Gotta be honest, with the epic amount of depreciation you get hit with on these cars, I feel like if you don't need a sedan/space then I would absolutely buy something else. If you need to have a people hauler, then it's whatever floats your boat (M5, RS7 etc.)...but sports cars of equal values will probably depreciate at a slower rate AND turn more heads. My 2 cents.

I've driven my wagon for a year and I don't think that a single stranger has commented on it to me yet. My 911 got comments every other week or so by some random.
The wagon is only gonna get comments from true "car people". If you are looking for comments every time you drive, you bought the wrong car. I have had my car almost a year and have had probably 10 comments on it total. I'm ok with that.... cops don't know much either.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by Silverp30wagon
The wagon is only gonna get comments from true "car people". If you are looking for comments every time you drive, you bought the wrong car. I have had my car almost a year and have had probably 10 comments on it total. I'm ok with that.... cops don't know much either.
No no, fair point. I guess I was hoping to meet car people that thought it was cool, you know? I've found that it's not just car people...it's a specific breed of car people that think it's cool. Mine is actually debadged also if that gives you an indication that I don't care all that much about randos.

I do sometimes miss the feel of a smaller, raw-er car though.

Last edited by ajs76; 12-06-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:50 PM

E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by ajs76

I don't need the room, I'm 23 so I don't have a family to haul around. Just worried about the weather here in WA, where it would be much more practical to drive the E. True that though. No one really notices my car, or probably even cares, not that it matters though. I've had many more comments/looks when I drove my friend's M5 around. More M fans out there I suppose, but the E is by far the more superior car. I bought the car bc it reminded me of the W212 E350 my parents bought me. This was the first car I bought on my own, so the familiarity was a nice touch.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:57 AM

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 E550 4MATIC TUNED - Turbo Upgraded Stage 3
I don't need the room, I'm 23 so I don't have a family to haul around. Just worried about the weather here in WA, where it would be much more practical to drive the E. True that though. No one really notices my car, or probably even cares, not that it matters though. I've had many more comments/looks when I drove my friend's M5 around. More M fans out there I suppose, but the E is by far the more superior car. I bought the car bc it reminded me of the W212 E350 my parents bought me. This was the first car I bought on my own, so the familiarity was a nice touch.
You are 23 and you bought E63S on your own. I am jealous of $$ you make at such young age.

You should definitely go with AMG GT-R or W213 E63S. You will get a lot attention for sure!!
Old 12-07-2017, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
CLS63 AMG
odd why would an M5 get any more attention than an E63S as both are pretty tame in the looks of them?

New W213 is really tame, once again.

You would get alot of looks in something like a M6GC, RS7 or CLS63S by comparsion, i would guess.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:02 PM

E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by cocobeex
You are 23 and you bought E63S on your own. I am jealous of $$ you make at such young age.

You should definitely go with AMG GT-R or W213 E63S. You will get a lot attention for sure!!
Hah I don't make a lot of money so there's nothing to be jealous of. I'm actually working in business valuation freshly graduated with ~1.5 years experience so far. Analysts don't make a lot of money.

Growing up, I was the kid that would always annoy my mom by naming every car on the road even in the dark. By the time I drove my first sports car, I had to have one for myself. I told myself in my first year of high school that I would buy a sports car by the end of college and I followed through (rest is history). I earned enough doing random side stuff to buy myself the car. My biggest vice (or not) is that I'm a no compromise type of guy, so I couldn't have bought another car although I probably should have bought something cheaper. It helps to have no student loans and a fully paid for house though.

I bought a car not for the attention, but the satisfaction it gives me when I drive it. I love driving period. Being able to turn heads and see people smile are a nice bonus though It sucks these cars mostly instill jealousy in other drivers on the road though so it's hard to enjoy as much. Can't comfortably afford a GT-R but maybe a used GTS. Gotta take it slow, just started off working out there. Gotta make myself somewhat good decisions to have a better future haha but GTS is calling me transmission is significantly better
Old 12-07-2017, 03:03 PM

E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by Amg63-
odd why would an M5 get any more attention than an E63S as both are pretty tame in the looks of them?

New W213 is really tame, once again.

You would get alot of looks in something like a M6GC, RS7 or CLS63S by comparsion, i would guess.
You'd be surprised, big BMW M fanbase out there I suppose. Some people may think MB not a driver's car or that they're for rich old people lol
The following users liked this post:
Amg63- (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC63
You'd be surprised, big BMW M fanbase out there I suppose. Some people may think MB not a driver's car or that they're for rich old people lol
Huge M fanbase out there, I was one of them, though my fandom has been tempered lately with all the M variants BMW has churned out. I love the M3, just too damn small for my current needs. If they brought the M550d Touring (four turbos!) over here though......

I've gotten a couple of thumbs-up at stoplights and someone who chased after me, actually kind of creepily, for about a mile.

Without degenerating the thread, I have to say that I love the driving dynamics of my wagon.

Back on topic, I love the wrap. GLWS, though frankly I'm not quite sure what you'd replace it with. There isn't something out there that's making me wish I had it. Well, maybe the GTC4Lusso could fit a hockey bag.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:19 PM

E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by goodmaj
Huge M fanbase out there, I was one of them, though my fandom has been tempered lately with all the M variants BMW has churned out. I love the M3, just too damn small for my current needs. If they brought the M550d Touring (four turbos!) over here though......

I've gotten a couple of thumbs-up at stoplights and someone who chased after me, actually kind of creepily, for about a mile.

Without degenerating the thread, I have to say that I love the driving dynamics of my wagon.

Back on topic, I love the wrap. GLWS, though frankly I'm not quite sure what you'd replace it with. There isn't something out there that's making me wish I had it. Well, maybe the GTC4Lusso could fit a hockey bag.
Thank you. Nice cars bring the crazy out in people. You're right though. It's hard to replace an already good car that is so capable in all weather situations. Love the lusso, the interior is top notch but so is the price