W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged M157 Tune DIY notes (via MyGenius OBD programmer)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 12:14 AM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S, 4Runner
Eurocharged M157 Tune DIY notes (via MyGenius OBD programmer)

EUROCHARGED M157 TUNE DIY NOTES

BACKGROUND. I was looking to extract maximized performance from my car but wanted something off the shelf, had great value returns ($ spent/hp gained), didn't have to require moderate hardware installation, could be easily done, be safe, and not affect the long-term reliability of the car. After much researching, I decided that flashing via ECU tune was the way to go. Based what I've read on MBWorld and other online resources for feedback (biased or not), the most consistent quality tuners with M157 engine experience seemed to be AMS Performance (Chicago) and Eurocharged (headquarters was Houston but had a few franchisees across the US and Canada). Both tuners were advertising about the same retail price and had similar tune outputs and safety profiles. When I was interested in buying, Eurocharged happened to be advertising on their Facebook page a winter 2018 holiday special ($1190) and they had a relative network presence across the US so that sealed the deal. Eurocharged can also do additional tunes for only $35 if you got future mods--not that I'm interested in further changing my car, but that may a good option to have for other buyers. Of note, some MBWorld users have mentioned that AMS may match pricing, but you never know unless you ask.

https://www.amsperformance.com/
http://www.eurocharged.com/

PROGRAMMING OPTIONS. To re-program your car's ECU, there's basically 3 potential options. 1) Remove your car's ECU and ship it out to the tuner for reporgramming (luckily, it takes about 45 seconds for you to remove the ECU from the M157 engine bay--look for Youtube videos or check the tuner's websites; you'll get downtime until you get the ECU back; extra cost: shipping). 2) Take your car to the tuner for reprogramming (same day service, no car down time; you personally can't mess the flashing of the ECU; extra cost: none). or 3) Purchase a MyGenius OBDII programmer and program yourself (no downtime, highly recommend that you get a battery charger during flashing; issues can pop up during install, so only consider this option if you some minor computer skills and can follow instructions very carefully (see below); extra cost for programmer: $599 retail but I was able to get it for much less with the winter special from Eurocharged; Eurocharged may be the only tuner that offers this option to date but I would imagine other tuners will start offering this as well).

I went with option 3--programming my M157 engine with the Eurocharged stage 2 tune via MyGenius OBD programmer. This DIY will discuss how to tune your car using the MyGenius hand held programmer step-by-step and later on, my initial driving impressions.

Advantages of OBD programmer (MyGenius): no need to remove ECU and ship to tuner; the handheld programmer can store up to 10 tune profiles (i.e. stock vs tuned (say from stage I to stage II), race gas tune, or if you do additional mods for a custom tune) and can easily update from home with minimal downtime

Disadvantages: you’ll need some minor computer skills and follow instructions very carefully or you risk bricking your car's ECU

My car: 2014 E63 S (M157 V8 biturbo engine, AWD); this guide should applicable to all M157 engines
My mods: none, all stock

My tune: stage II Eurocharged M157 engine tune (see provided dyno at the bottom from Jerry from a stock 2014 CLS (baseline 543 HP/583 ft-lb tq to 646HP/755 ft-lb tq; although you can request a milder Eurocharged stage I tune (as forum member Brutus_TX has for theoretical improved reliability; 572HP, 703 ft-lb); from what I understand Eurocharged ships the stage II tune as a default (and per my discussion with Eurocharged, the tuned power output is about the max you can do to not cause transmission issues; of note, the stage 2 Eurocharged tuned power profile is similar with AMS Performance's tune and their website invariably states the same thing about reliability--if you wanted to make more power than the Eurocharged stage 2 tune, you'll need to build up your transmission with an aftermarket clutch plate system, which AMS Performance does sell, but that was a route I didn't feel comfortable with nor did I want to incur the extra expense)

MYGENIUS PROGRAMMER

The MyGenius programmer I received didn’t come with any instructions, so I had to contact Eurocharged, but they directed me to this website:

http://www.eurocharged.com/support/mygenius

A few notes:
  1. VERY IMPORTANT. Make sure your car’s main battery is fully charged during any write process to your ECU. If your battery goes out during the write process, it can mess up your car’s ECU. Personally, I used a NOCO Genius 3500 battery charger ($60) hooked up to battery (as the original battery is still on the car, and it may be nearing it’s end of life) during the programming write phase. While doing the initial read to get your MYGFile.fpf, it’s probably fine to not have a battery charger connected as it’s a very small file to read.
  2. The MyGenius programmer once hooked up to a car apparently will be locked to your VIN so you can’t use for any other car. So once you use it, you can’t return it. The programmer apparently can hold 10 tune profiles so it gives you flexibility on tunes. What’s nice about the programmer is that you can do future mods and you can get new profiles to save onto it.

Box contents of the MyGenius programmer. You get the programmer, USB cable (hooks up to laptop), OBD cable (hooks up to the car), and a blue wire (not needed for the M157 engine application).

Initial Programmer Prep (update programmer firmware and update client software)

Note: the programmer does NOT come with a USB drive with the client software, you must download it from Eurocharged.
  1. Download the MyGenius software from Eurocharged’s website: http://www.eurocharged.com/MyGeniusClient.zip
    1. (Eurocharged.com->Support tab>MyGenius Software Download)
  2. Unzip the file and install the MyGenius Client software onto your computer.
  3. Connect the included USB cable to the programmer and then connect up the programmer into a USB port on your computer. The programmer should power up.
  4. Start up the MyGenius Client software. As your haven’t linked up the car yet, the first 2-3 buttons will be grayed out. Just click on the fourth [Update] button. You’ll be given 2 options to update. Click the first option (Update MyGenius Device), it will do a download and restart the MyGenius programmer (will take a few minutes to complete—don’t unplug the device during this process). Once the first update is complete, restart the MyGenius Client and select the second option (Update MyGenius Software) and go through the update prompts. This will also take a few minutes for download and update.
  5. Once done (as of 3/24/19), I had the following versions for the client software and the handheld programmer:
MyGenius Client software version 1.0.1.28
MyGenius programmer version Gos 6.033 build 0001

Retrieving your Base Car ID File
(note, this is mostly from memory and it may not be spot on, but should be helpful; at this step, the MyGenius will only do a read cycle from the ECU, you can’t mess up your car)
  1. With the car off, connect the OBD cable to the top of the MyGenius Programmer.
  2. Plug the OBD cable to the OBD plug under your dash (just left of the steering column; by the front hood pull). There’s a hinged cover to the OBD port, expose the plug by swing the cover open, and you can then plug in the OBD cable.
  3. Turn the key to position 2 (all lights on) but don’t start the engine. If you have the Keyless Go, don’t push on the brakes, and push the engine START button twice to get all of the dash lights to power on. The programmer will power up.
  4. On the programmer, use the arrows to click to “WORK”, then click [SELECT]
  5. Next, click on PROTOCOL, then on ID, then [SELECT] button. It will do a read cycle (maybe 15 seconds). If successful, it denote as such. (**see notes below**)
  6. You can now shutoff your car (turn key to OFF or push the START button once)
  7. Remove the OBD cable and programmer.
  8. Connect up the programmer via USB to your computer that has the MyGenius client software.
  9. Start up MyGenius software. At this point, you’ll have all 4 software menu buttons available.
  10. Select the “Download from MyGenius” button. You’ll need to click through the items and select where to save the “MYGFile.fpf” (only 7kb) on your computer. I think this ties the programmer to your car’s VIN.
  11. You can close out the MyGenius program.
  12. Email your “MYGfile.fpf” file to sales@eurocharged.com for them to get your custom tune made. In your email, they’ll want your paid tune invoice bill, fuel type you use, any car mods you have, and any special requests. My car is bone stock and runs on 91/93 octane fuel.
  13. In 24-48 business hrs, you can expect a tuned file emailed back to you. I got mine the next business day. Of note, my TUNE.MYG file was 6956kb (significantly larger than the MYGFile.fpf).
***Note at Step E, the MyGenius programmer may ask you to "Switch off the dashboard" (just push the engine START button once to get all the warning lights to come off, then click [Select] on MyGenius) or it may ask you to "Switch on the dashboard" (just push the engine START button once to get all warning lights to come on, then click [Select] on MyGenius).

MyGenius software startup screen. You won't get all software buttons to light up until you have the initial file from the car uploaded or until you get the tuned file from Eurocharged.

Installing the Eurocharged Tuned File

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Before you flash your car’s ECU with a new tune, plug in a battery charger to your car or at least drive it around for 30 minutes (to ensure that your battery is well charged). If the battery is low and goes out during the write process, you can potentially brick your car’s ECU. If needed, Eurocharged can also remotely control your computer to help with the process as needed as well using TeamViewer software.
  1. Once you get the tune file emailed from Eurocharged, save the TUNE.MYG to your desktop that has the MyGenius software.
  2. Connect the programmer via USB to the computer.
  3. Start the MyGenius software.
  4. Click on “Upload to MyGenius” button.
  5. Select the tune file (TUNE.MYG) and click the prompts to save it onto the MyGenius handheld (about 30-45 seconds). It will convert the TUNE.MYG to a MYGFileXX.MOD file locally on the MyGenius programmer. Once the software is upload is complete, the software will let you know.
  6. Close the MyGenius software and unplug the MyGenius programmer from the laptop.
  7. ***Before proceeding, make sure you connect up a battery charger or drive your car for 30 minutes to ensure that your battery is charged up (or you risk bricking your ECU)****
  8. With the car off, connect the OBD cable to the top of the MyGenius Programmer.
  9. Plug the OBD cable to the OBD plug under your dash (just left of the steering column; by the front hood pull). There’s a cover to the OBD port, and you can plug in the cable.
  10. Turn the key to position 2 (all lights on) but don’t start the engine. If you have the Keyless Go, don’t push on the brakes, just push the engine START button twice to get all of the dash lights to power on. The programmer will power up.
  11. Click on the “Work” tab, then [SELECT] button.
  12. Click on the “Writing” tab, then [SELECT] button.
  13. Select the tune file and follow the screen prompts. For the first time flashing, you'll highlight and select MYGFile0.mod--this the only option if it's your first time; if you have previously tuned the car by MyGenius OBD programmer, you'll instead get ORIGINAL or MODIFIED tune as options). This part is somewhat nerve-wracking as the programmer will give a few messages "Wait. Operation Progress.." And it will ask you to "Switch off the dashboard" (just push the engine START button once to get all the warning lights to go off, then click [Select] on MyGenius), and it will then ask to "Switch on the dashboard" (push the engine START button once to get all warning lights to come on, then click [Select] on MyGenius). Once the MyGenius starts the actual programming, your speedometer cluster will alternate the display with a few errors and malfunction lights ("Service Required", Lane keeping assist inoperative, etc.)--it's scary, but just be patient with the process. The first time you flash, the MyGenius will do 2 things: 1) backup the original stock tune file to the MyGenius, and it will ask you switch off the dashboard, then switch it back on, then 2) it will write the tuned file (it will ask to switch off the dashboard, then switch the dashboard back on). It took about 5-7 minutes to backup the original OEM stock tune and write the modified tune. Be very patient with this writing step as it’s a very large file (almost 1000x larger than the initial baseline file acquired) and don’t shut off your car at any point until the software says it’s complete.
  14. Once the writing is complete (the programmer will tell you), you can now shutoff your car (turn key to OFF or push the START button once to get the warning lights off)
  15. Disconnect the MyGenius programmer.
  16. Start up the car and enjoy the new tune!

Note: If you wanted to switch tunes (say back to stock), just following the steps A-O, but you'll have the option to choose the ORIGINAL tune or the MODIFIED tune in step M (again, only if you've already done previous OBD programmer tune using the MyGenius.

Again, here are the expected gains for the same M157 engine in an unmodified 2014 CLS per Jerry.

2014 CLS dyno with the shipped stage 2 tune (bone stock car per Jerry at Eurocharged; this is not my car). 534HP, 583 ft-lb baseline. 646 HP, 755 ft-lb tuned. My 2014 E63S (same M157 engine) should produce similar tuned power. You can request a milder stage I tune from Eurocharged if you'd like for theoretically better long term reliability (see post by Brutus TX for his actual dyno; 572HP, 703 ft-lb Stage I tune, 93 octane).

SIDE NOTES ON SPARK PLUGS

Bosch ZR6SII3320 are the OEM plugs (Bosch heat range 6) for the W212 E63 M157. From what I understand, with the tune, especially if you drive it really hard all the time, the spark plugs may fail prematurely over time due to excessive heat buildup and will cause misfires. If you push the car every now and then, I presume you should be fine with the OE Bosch plugs, but once your car starts misfiring, you should look to change the spark plugs out to a colder plug.

From what I can tell based on chart cross-references, alternative plugs you can use are:

1 step colder: Denso 3495 (FXU22HR11; Denso heat range 22)
2 steps colder: NGK 97506 (SILZKBR8D8S; NGK heat range 8)

https://www.briskusa.com/spark_plug_...at_range_chart

Using a colder plug prevents premature failure due to excessive heat buildup when the engine is ran hard, but if you drive with lots of short trips, the colder plugs have the caveat that they can foul up sooner as they won't burn off deposits as easily. So there’s definitely a balance on deciding on OE or the alternative colder plugs. For now, I’ll run the OE Bosch plugs but will consider the 1 step colder Denso plugs (based on my occasional spirited driving) as replacements down the road (or if my car starts misfiring). Of note, although not required, Eurocharged recommends the 2 step colder NGK plugs with the tune.

The 3 above plugs are 'long-life" iridium plugs (they are constructed of either double iridium (Bosch) or iridium/platinum (Denso/NGK) center electrode/ground electrode combinations).

To get the OEM Bosch plugs out, it requires a different spark plug tool, and I would suggest getting the CTA 1061 tool (about $20 from Amazon/eBay). Lastly, stick with buying parts from a major automotive reseller (like RockAuto.com) or the local parts stores as some lesser known Amazon and eBay resellers can sell high-quality appearing, cheap Chinese fake reproductions (you can damage your cars with them).

Last edited by amg_w211; 03-30-2019 at 01:20 PM. Reason: updated programming instructions for clarity
The following 8 users liked this post by amg_w211:
brutus_tx (03-28-2019), cij911 (08-07-2019), kponti (03-28-2019), loungn14 (03-28-2019), Saleh.63 (09-23-2021), san40 (12-13-2022), sl500london (03-31-2019), TexasBenzBandit (05-30-2019) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-28-2019, 06:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,034 Likes on 1,420 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Freakin' sweet write up man --- how do you like the new power?
The following users liked this post:
TexasBenzBandit (05-30-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Freakin' sweet write up man --- how do you like the new power?
^^^ What he said!
TexasBenzBandit (05-30-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 576 Likes on 248 Posts
2014 AMG E63S and 2020 AMG GTC
Looking forward to your driving impressions... will you be putting the car on a dyno anytime soon?
How difficult is it to switch tunes? Go from Stock to Stage 2 for instance, and back?
Old 03-28-2019, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
I also heard Eurocharged are starting to recommend BMW plugs (do not know which ones). I have seen the plugs in the turboed I6 BMWs and I can imagine they will be better than the MB ones...would like to try those
Old 03-29-2019, 12:15 AM

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
C63 W204 / E63S W212 / E63S W212
A very informative write up, thank you
Old 03-29-2019, 11:43 PM

2014 E63 AMG S, 4Runner
M157 Stage II tune: First Impressions

Holy s**t! Those are the first words out of my mouth. With the Eurocharged stage 2 M157 tune, the engine is very responsive with less lag and the torque improvement is incredible. The throttle is quite a bit more sensitive as well as I feel like I need to feather it more (i.e. the gas pedal is quite more precise in the control) but you get a more immediate connection to the car. On the stock OEM tune, the car seemed slightly more sluggish with a "lazy" accelerator pedal. Now with the tune, when you hit the gas, the car just moves with a sense of immediacy and urgency like never before. The tune makes the car drive like a totally different beast. It was very fast stock, but Eurocharged unleashes it to the max.

Speaking of increased torque, while cruising (using “C” mode) the car likes to upshift to a higher gear sooner than before (not necesarily a bad thing) and I think this may be related to how much more torque it's developing so holding the lower gears at higher RPM isn't needed. I haven’t spent much time on the S and S+ modes so I can't fully comment on the how soon the car automatically upshifts in those modes. Time will tell how this increased torque will affect the transmission long-term (per Eurocharged, the stage 2 tune holds the engine max torque just a little bit below the stock transmission rated maximum rating), but based on how I conservatively drive most of the time, it should hold up just fine.

Boost PSI. From what I've read on Car and Driver (article from a few years back) and MBWorld posts, here are the stock turbo PSI (E63 (13.0 psi), E63S (14.5 psi) [Car & Driver magazine article]) vs the tuned Eurocharged PSI (stage I (21.6 psi), stage II (22.2 psi) [MBWorld post]). I do not know what the max boost capacity of the factory turbos are but, I am guessing the Stage 2 tune is pushing the max they are designed for to extract maximum performance. Again, time will tell on the long-term reliability.

Gas mileage impressions. From what I can tell from my 25 mile cruise—gas mileage while highway cruising is about the same as stock, if not a little better. However, with the tune, given that you can now yield more power (i.e. burn more gas per second), you can find yourself burning more fuel as you’re gassing it more for the fun factor on the city streets. Nonetheless, we bought the car for fun and no so much gas mileage but I thought I'd at least mention it.

Switching Tune notes. You can easily switch the modified tune to the stock tune but reconnecting the MyGenuis and select WRITE, then choose your tune (in this case, the ORIGINAL tune vs MODIFIED), then go through the above write procedure for flashing the tune (I’ve updated the procedure in the original post a little bit). The programmer allows you to store multiple tune profiles (again up to 10), so you could theoretically have 91/93 octane tune, a race gas tune, stage I tune, stage II tune, etc. on the MyGenius. However for me, stock tune and stage II is good enough.

Last edited by amg_w211; 03-30-2019 at 12:49 AM.
cotmfk (08-01-2020)
Old 03-30-2019, 12:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Awesome: sounds a lot like my impressions of the AMS tune

keep us updated in any issues if you have them
Old 03-30-2019, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
How much was it and where from?
Old 03-30-2019, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,148 Likes on 601 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Nice!

I just sent in my stock tune too for a Stage 2. I was going to do a write up but you beat me to it.

I'm curious on plugs - Eurocharged said if I get misfires change them, if I don't, don't worry about it. Problem is, I'm a worrier.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:37 PM

2014 E63 AMG S, 4Runner
Awesome--you'll love the tune as it transforms the car to a totally different level. Like you, I like to know as much as possible what I get into before I do something and the spark plugs were something I researched as well. The OEM Bosch spark plugs are pretty good plugs. Eurocharged recommends colder plugs (like the NGK) as the engine can produce much more power than stock. With the tune, when you do a WOT, you will produce more power than stock, which will produce more heat production than stock. If you are driving the car normal most of the time, the OEM plugs will be fine as the heat produced is at a normal stock level. However if you are hot lapping your car for extended periods with the tune on the OEM plugs, the increased heat build up in the OEM plugs won't be able to be dissipated very easily and cause them to fail (cracked ceramic base, warping electrodes to cause gap changes, etc.) and then cause resultant misfires. Colder plugs are made to handle more heat production and will perform optimally under those more stressed conditions. However, if you daily drive the car around town with an occasional punch here and there, putting in colder plugs can foul up more as they won't burn off deposits as easily (takes longer to get up to temperature). For now, I'm running the OEM plugs and based on my relatively conservative driving habits with the occasional spirited driving, I don't expect issues. Again, when I need to replace my spark plugs, I'll probably go with the 1 step colder Denso plugs as they are in the middle between the OEM Bosch and the NGK heat ranges.

Would like to get your impressions with the Eurocharged stage 2 tune when you get your car flashed--enjoy!

Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
Nice!

I just sent in my stock tune too for a Stage 2. I was going to do a write up but you beat me to it.

I'm curious on plugs - Eurocharged said if I get misfires change them, if I don't, don't worry about it. Problem is, I'm a worrier.

Last edited by amg_w211; 03-30-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:52 PM

2014 E63 AMG S, 4Runner
It's been a good modification so far. Will be out more this weekend enjoying the tune. I also highly considered the AMS tune, but the sale with Eurocharged tilted the table.

I'm curious as you've had the AMS tune for some time, have you had any issues crop up? How's your transmission holding up?

Enjoy the ride!

Awesome: sounds a lot like my impressions of the AMS tune

keep us updated in any issues if you have them
Old 03-30-2019, 02:04 PM

2014 E63 AMG S, 4Runner
Originally Posted by E6376
How much was it and where from?
See recently added, updated notes above in the original thread. Check the Facebook page for Eurocharged for history of sales to see when you might get one at a reduced cost. It’s a great tune.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by amg_w211
It's been a good modification so far. Will be out more this weekend enjoying the tune. I also highly considered the AMS tune, but the sale with Eurocharged tilted the table.

I'm curious as you've had the AMS tune for some time, have you had any issues crop up? How's your transmission holding up?

Enjoy the ride!
The sale and the ability to self-flash back to stock made me do it.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:49 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Great post!!! If anyone wants the hookup let me know!
Old 03-31-2019, 09:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 Audi A4 2012 E550
Originally Posted by loungn14
injust ordered my tune for my ‘12 E550. Is it the same principal? There was no mention of needing a mygenius.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:20 PM

2014 E63 AMG S, 4Runner
Originally Posted by sok454
injust ordered my tune for my ‘12 E550. Is it the same principal? There was no mention of needing a mygenius.
Based on Eurocharged's website, you can either do any of the 2 tune programming options: mail in the ECU or go to a local Eurocharged for tune. No mention of the MyGenius option but who knows, they may have that capability now for your M278 engine, as they didn't state the MyGenius option for my M157 either on their website.

http://eurocharged.com/ecutuning/mer...-software-2014

Last edited by amg_w211; 04-01-2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

My AMS tune is flawless so far ... smooth trans no slipping ... this is my daily driver

looking forward to your feedback OP when you spend more time with it
Old 04-01-2019, 12:16 AM

2014 E63 AMG S, 4Runner
My AMS tune is flawless so far ... smooth trans no slipping ... this is my daily driver

looking forward to your feedback OP when you spend more time with it
That's great to hear. I don't expect issues to crop up either but time will tell. Loving the tune quite a bit so far (and will report back later for my long-term experience with the tune)--I want to take the E63 out more but the daily driver 4Runner is more aptly and better suited for the outdoor sports/mountain duties.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

That's great to hear. I don't expect issues to crop up either but time will tell. Loving the tune quite a bit so far (and will report back later for my long-term experience with the tune)--I want to take the E63 out more but the daily driver 4Runner is more aptly and better suited for the outdoor sports/mountain duties.
im not going to lie to you, I definitely have a bit of "tune anxiety" driving around with the tune... will I get a CEL? But it's worth it
Old 04-01-2019, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
So when are we finally going to see some race gas 1/4mile times for the W212?
Old 04-01-2019, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by chiromikey
So when are we finally going to see some race gas 1/4mile times for the W212?
I have a track event Memphis May 8-12 with road racing, drag racing, the whole shebang. Anyone want to come?

I may go to a local 1/4 track before then, because I HAVE TO KNOW
Old 04-01-2019, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 595 Likes on 341 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Decent write up, but here is a PDF with pictures and screenshots.

http://eurocharged.ca/wp-content/upl...o_mygenius.pdf
Old 04-01-2019, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
CLS63 AMG

are you planning to go to the track with it? Would love to see the numbers this stage 2 EC tune is doing.

Also, you said the tune is maxing out the engine reliability, so what happens when you add catless downpipes to the EC stg2 tune?

this will easily add another 20-40wtq under the curve, on top of what the tune is already doing on its own.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:45 AM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
Originally Posted by loungn14
How much for the OBD tune/hand held unit?

I sent an email to the Toronto EC but have heard nothing in return.

2015 E63S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged M157 Tune DIY notes (via MyGenius OBD programmer)