Notices
W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017/2018
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 MB E63S AMG Worst AMG i have owned

 
Old 05-21-2019, 05:35 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 E63S AMG, 2017 GLE 63S AMG
2019 MB E63S AMG Worst AMG i have owned

The 2019 E63 S is the 6th AMG I have owned and by far the poorest execution of what AMG is all about.
After owning 2 CLS AMG 63S AMGs and MB decision not to continue the 2018-2019 CLS with a V8 I decided to try the 2019 E63S. We love performance and good handling. This is what AMG is supposed to be all about.
Complaints: Air suspension not compliant, bangs over speed bumps even at low speed, does not offer a typical AMG sporting ride
Tire road noise from front end. I have Michelin S-4s on other cars that do not make noise. On this vehicle the front suspension amplifies the road
the road surface so that the vibrations come up through the drivers side foot well and pedals. Had S-4s on my last CLS 63s AMG and no issue??
Seats. We have the standard seats not the sport seats. These are the most uncomfortable seats in any of the AMG vehicles that I have owned.
We took a trip form Newport Beach to Las Vegas (relatives) for Mothers Day and my wife reallly complained about the seats (she never
complains).
Wind Noise, one way to cover the road noise is to drive the car fast enough so the wind noise cancels out the road noise!!!!
Driver/passenger under seat storage; MERCEDES DELETED THIS FEATURE
Parking proximity lights front dash and above rear window. MERCEDES DELETED THIS FEATURE
CAUTION: If you are interested in a E63S make sure you drive one first and then make a choice. On trips we will now take our 2017 GLE 63S AMG with the
superior seats.
NOTE: The car is quick as hell and has a pretty dash however the nav system is a step backward from 2017 and earlier MB nav systems.
The 2019 E63S AMG to me is a work in progress, about 80% of what it could be. The 2015 CLS AMG 63S I had with the 5.5 ltr twin turbo and all wheel
drive is the superior vehicle by a wide margin, and it looks a way lot better.
Good Luck!
Debtodd1 is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 06:10 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 669
Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
19 E63s
Did you drive the car before you bought it?? It's an autobahn missile, not a comfortable cruiser. Buy an e43 if that's what you want. I disagree about the seats, they are incredibly comfortable for me and my wife. The handling is incredible for being a 4800lb sedan, yes it is too stiff but that's why you test drive cars before you buy them. You should use the camera for parking, not the beepers. Just trade the car back in actually.
jkob5 is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canda
Posts: 914
Received 154 Likes on 127 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
Trade / sell it now and move on to something else. Hopefully you donít take more than 15% hit in lost value, assuming the car has < 5000 km on the clock
bobblehead is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 08:11 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG E63s
Whether you love or hate this car depends on your perspective regarding what you think this car is all about and why you purchased it. I too have a 2019 and spent months researching it. I was torn between the E63s and the M5 (I have owned two M5s in the past). My guess is that the M5 would be much more to your liking--more compliant ride, much better electronics regarding ergonomics and user friendliness while at the same time offering the same or better performance. I chose the E63s because it is a much more exciting car than the M5--stands out more--doesn't look like a run of the mill E class. No matter where I am or where I go I have people admiring it, asking me about it--in fact it gets way more attention than my Porsche Turbo. The M5 on the other hand is virtually indistinguishable from other 5 series or for that matter every other BMW. I have an ML550 for long drives and a fairly compliant ride and a Porsche Turbo for pure sports car enjoyment. What I wanted was a 4 door sedan with performance similar to my Turbo. As I stated in another post I wanted a car I could use that could carry 4-5 passengers that was as fast as my Porsche and that could handle nearly as well--a car that would scare the S!*$ out of my passengers (just for a second or two by mashing the accelerator) I wanted a bad ***, crackling, roaring four-door super car and that is what I got. With all super cars there are trade offs. All that said, I have lowered the tire pressures to 44/34 and it has made a huge difference regarding ride harshness. I also feel that as I have put more miles on the tires the road noise has lessened dramatically. Anyway, hope your feelings change with time--the car is amazing.
amgliturbo is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Mandarin (05-22-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 09:45 PM
  #5  
Member
 
CanuckE63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 89
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
RS7
Totally agree with the suspension issues. This is what mostly drove me to the panamera sport turismo with it's lovely handling and feel. They need to work it out for sure.
CanuckE63 is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 10:18 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 162
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
'05 E55
Spend a few days at Laguna Seca driving the E63, along with the other awesome AMG cars they offer up. You will then understand how and why the E63 and the rest were built they way they were. It wasnt a mistake or an oversight. They were made for the track. Period. They also just happen to work on the street. If you bought it for street ride, yep, wrong choice.
EPower is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 10:31 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
2012 merc amg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Venice Florida
Posts: 2,816
Received 172 Likes on 155 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I agree with the Original poster. I had real high hopes for this car and it was a huge disappointment, I wanted to like the car so much but just could not. The reason I did not test drive was I ordered the car before it was even out. I had done lots of reading and research on the car and had high expectations. Ya it was fast and did handle well but no where near as well as a lighter car like a porsche 911. I had the wagon and I really hardly ever even got any comments on the car. People thought it was just regular wagon. I got a lot more compliments on my old 2012 E63 AMG. I was really sorry I traded that car for the 2018. The 2012 had 53K miles on it so I figured time for a new car, now I wished I'd just driven the 2012 over 100K miles as the car did seems quite reliable and durable. Anyhow, my solution was to dump the 2018 E63 AMG Wagon I had, I took a bloodbath of course as the car had more mileage than most, I drove it 14K miles in the one year I had it so I lost about 20 percent. The solution was to get 2 2019 E450's, one a wagon and the other a Cabriolet. No regrets. I just figured why keep on with a car with large depreciation that I did not even like. Both my E450's have that nice comfortable smooth mercedes feeling. Plus the performance of both cars has really surprised me and I like the sounds the twin turbo V6 motor makes in sport plus mode when the exhaust flap opens. Very Surprised at the handling too with the Michelin Primacy 3 run flats. I know it seems odd that I like a car that is 43 grand less so much better, but I do. One way that helps to look at it was I came out 20 grand ahead in the trade in for my E450 Wagon. The only thing I really miss a little is the Napa Leather int. the AMG had vs the MB tex in the E450, my Cabriolet has the leather though.
2012 merc amg is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 10:38 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BACnMercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 1,149
Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
19 E63s and 16 GLE400
Originally Posted by Debtodd1 View Post
The 2015 CLS AMG 63S I had with the 5.5 ltr twin turbo and all wheel
drive is the superior vehicle by a wide margin, and it looks a way lot better.
Good Luck!
Everyone has their own opinion but this statement is ridiculous. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.
BACnMercedes is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 12:50 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
chiromikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,548
Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by EPower View Post
Spend a few days at Laguna Seca driving the E63, along with the other awesome AMG cars they offer up. You will then understand how and why the E63 and the rest were built they way they were. It wasnt a mistake or an oversight. They were made for the track. Period. They also just happen to work on the street. If you bought it for street ride, yep, wrong choice.
For the most part this isnít what AMG sedans used to be about and why I finally left them after owning 3. They used to Autobahn brawlers, faster than anything else (including most supercars) in a straight line, full of luxury and comfort, with just enough sportiness to not have to slow down for high speed curves. I used to love hearing BMW owners that just got spanked tell me ďbut in the twistiesĒ. Now itís AMG owners offering up that excuse.
chiromikey is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Savage212 (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 07:06 AM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 243
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
'19 E63S Wagon, '17 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
So itís all fairly subjective right? And I appreciate the op take. I too, have a Ď17 GLE63s which I totally love. However, my comfort seats in my Ď19 E63s are a lot more comfortable than those in the SUV. Again subjective but my take. I like the massage feature and I think the seat cushion being less blosterered digs less into my thigh so it makes nicer long travel times.

I cannot argue about ride stiffness but I believe thatís what most owners who live in cities with poor road surfaces have mentioned. Also reviewers from Chris Harris to Jalopnik to many more have pointed it out. After about 2,000 miles I think Iím getting used to it.

Ultimately its a car car that feels completely different to my GLE63s. It has virtually no lean, and virtually little squat and dive. I took it to a twisty canyon road two weeks ago, and the thing would give my Corvette a run for its money. Of course you feel the weight but itís a very nicely put together, buttoned down package, that I can put my dogs in the trunk, son in the back and drive on the freeway for hours on end. So from that standpoint I got exactly what wanted. As far as the anonymity I agree my wagon goes mostly under the radar, unless you run into a car guy. Then they pull and give you thumbs up and stuff. But thatís sort of what I want in a white station wagon. I can beat anything that isnít a super car off a red light so Iím good. I donít want more attention. We debadged the fender emblems with my clear bra install and I think it looks better without but thatís just me.

To op, if you dislike it that much now, Iíd say get out of sooner than later if you can afford it. Itíll only depreciate more. See if the M5 is a better fit like the others said. Or wait for the new RS6/7s. Good luck.
Dunga is offline  
The following users liked this post:
V70cat (05-25-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 07:40 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,511
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Originally Posted by Debtodd1 View Post
The 2019 E63 S is the 6th AMG I have owned and by far the poorest execution of what AMG is all about.
After owning 2 CLS AMG 63S AMGs and MB decision not to continue the 2018-2019 CLS with a V8 I decided to try the 2019 E63S. We love performance and good handling. This is what AMG is supposed to be all about.
Complaints: Air suspension not compliant, bangs over speed bumps even at low speed, does not offer a typical AMG sporting ride
Tire road noise from front end. I have Michelin S-4s on other cars that do not make noise. On this vehicle the front suspension amplifies the road
the road surface so that the vibrations come up through the drivers side foot well and pedals. Had S-4s on my last CLS 63s AMG and no issue??
Seats. We have the standard seats not the sport seats. These are the most uncomfortable seats in any of the AMG vehicles that I have owned.
We took a trip form Newport Beach to Las Vegas (relatives) for Mothers Day and my wife reallly complained about the seats (she never
complains).
Wind Noise, one way to cover the road noise is to drive the car fast enough so the wind noise cancels out the road noise!!!!
Driver/passenger under seat storage; MERCEDES DELETED THIS FEATURE
Parking proximity lights front dash and above rear window. MERCEDES DELETED THIS FEATURE
CAUTION: If you are interested in a E63S make sure you drive one first and then make a choice. On trips we will now take our 2017 GLE 63S AMG with the
superior seats.
NOTE: The car is quick as hell and has a pretty dash however the nav system is a step backward from 2017 and earlier MB nav systems.
The 2019 E63S AMG to me is a work in progress, about 80% of what it could be. The 2015 CLS AMG 63S I had with the 5.5 ltr twin turbo and all wheel
drive is the superior vehicle by a wide margin, and it looks a way lot better.
Good Luck!
This is a prime reason on why I am not one who always has to trade up to something new or the latest and greatest. If you have something you like stick with it. Should of kept that CLS63 it sounds like. Sorry to hear about your bad experience and considering how much the car cost as well.

However, if you wanted comfort and lack of sound buy the E450 Or S560?
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 07:53 AM
  #12  
Super Member
 
cyclrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 841
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 18 E63s Wagon
I've had two GLS63s and moved to an 18 63s Wagon...

1. the seats in the E63 are way better than the GLS63 .. I've had two back surgeries and am very sensitive to bad seats. We have a summer house that is 100 miles away that we drive too every weekend... with the old car I always felt like sore and fatigued but with the E63... its never an issue. (btw.. my 2010 911 has the best seats out there for me)
2. the ride... well, riding around with tire pressures at 39 front and 44 rear will never give you any compliance... and if you follow the MB spec pressures (that most likely your tires are set too) will beat you to death. But the flipside is that you don't bend wheels....my wife hit a major pothole on the LIE... it was enough to chip-dent the wheel and leave a gash on the tire... but it didn't break. If I lived someplace with better roads, I'd drop the pressure to 36/40
3. I do wish that the NAV/radio had more "fixed" buttons as I hate having to go into to multiple menus to advance or choosing radio stations or similar using the appleplay.
4. as for grabbing attention.. nothing beats my wagon. Everybody looks and gives a thumbs up.

cyclrder is offline  
The following 8 users liked this post by cyclrder:
2 '02 S600 (05-22-2019), 24Hours (05-22-2019), E63S.Muc (06-10-2019), mmmamg (05-22-2019), ronin amg (05-22-2019), V70cat (05-25-2019), VPC_E63S (05-26-2019), Wassaby (05-24-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 09:00 AM
  #13  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 636
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
To OP: thanks for sharing. Hope you find something more agreeable to you.
Carac is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 09:05 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 472
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan
clickbait title is clickbait.

i like my car. it's better than my f10 m5 was and better than my m6 gran coupe as well.

i might be too young but... it's not that bad? the seats are comfortable, there are 50 camera angles/noises when you are parking, it's not as stiff as a rooster on 10 viagra...

the steering is light (could be a pro, could be a con), the exhaust note is fantastic, the power delivery makes me say "holy ****" all of the time

it slides when you want it, it grips

it has fancy schmancy over the top interior LEDs out the wazoo. the infotainment is sluggish and the stock sound system leaves some to be desired. sometimes i get weird wind/creaky noises from the doors/leather/windows but nothing terrible.

for $0 down, $1,800/mo, not a bad lease if you ask me. ton of car for the money. not sure what else i could have gotten that would have had some of these "great traits" of the e63s

Last edited by MuffinFlavored; 05-22-2019 at 09:21 AM.
MuffinFlavored is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 09:27 AM
  #15  
ON SUSPENSION
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 780
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 AMG E63s wagon 2016 AMG GTS
To the OP, dude you must be driving a different car..
ronin amg is offline  
The following users liked this post:
24Hours (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 10:00 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
24Hours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC area
Posts: 364
Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
Originally Posted by cyclrder View Post
I've had two GLS63s and moved to an 18 63s Wagon...

1. the seats in the E63 are way better than the GLS63 ...
3. I do wish that the NAV/radio had more "fixed" buttons as I hate having to go into to multiple menus to advance or choosing radio stations or similar using the appleplay.
4. as for grabbing attention.. nothing beats my wagon. Everybody looks and gives a thumbs up.
Agreed on all points here... I do wish the menus were more intuitive. It took me way too long to figure out how to FF a track in my play lists. >> buttons are nice. But this car rocks and I can't wait to be over 1,000mi to let it rip.
24Hours is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 05:21 PM
  #17  
Super Member
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts
2018 Mercedes-AMG E63S
Originally Posted by Debtodd1 View Post
The 2019 E63 S is the 6th AMG I have owned and by far the poorest execution of what AMG is all about.
After owning 2 CLS AMG 63S AMGs and MB decision not to continue the 2018-2019 CLS with a V8 I decided to try the 2019 E63S. We love performance and good handling. This is what AMG is supposed to be all about.
Complaints: Air suspension not compliant, bangs over speed bumps even at low speed, does not offer a typical AMG sporting ride
Tire road noise from front end. I have Michelin S-4s on other cars that do not make noise. On this vehicle the front suspension amplifies the road
the road surface so that the vibrations come up through the drivers side foot well and pedals. Had S-4s on my last CLS 63s AMG and no issue??
Seats. We have the standard seats not the sport seats. These are the most uncomfortable seats in any of the AMG vehicles that I have owned.
We took a trip form Newport Beach to Las Vegas (relatives) for Mothers Day and my wife reallly complained about the seats (she never
complains).
Wind Noise, one way to cover the road noise is to drive the car fast enough so the wind noise cancels out the road noise!!!!
Driver/passenger under seat storage; MERCEDES DELETED THIS FEATURE
Parking proximity lights front dash and above rear window. MERCEDES DELETED THIS FEATURE
CAUTION: If you are interested in a E63S make sure you drive one first and then make a choice. On trips we will now take our 2017 GLE 63S AMG with the
superior seats.
NOTE: The car is quick as hell and has a pretty dash however the nav system is a step backward from 2017 and earlier MB nav systems.
The 2019 E63S AMG to me is a work in progress, about 80% of what it could be. The 2015 CLS AMG 63S I had with the 5.5 ltr twin turbo and all wheel
drive is the superior vehicle by a wide margin, and it looks a way lot better.
Good Luck!
The compliant but sporting ride you describe is the 53 ride. The 63 is a very sharp machine that is tuned for sharp handling on good pavement. I'm not saying they couldn't do better, I'm just stating the facts. The old AMG ride wasn't very sporty in my opinion.

The acoustic comfort package should reduce the noise issue. Did you order that?

Did you order the contoured massage seats or stick with the standard seats? The premium seats are very comfortable and have won several awards for the comfort. I have them and they are the most comfortable seats I have had in a car. They are very similar to the S-Class seats.
stealth.pilot is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by stealth.pilot:
E634Me (05-22-2019), Mandarin (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 10:31 PM
  #18  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 E63S AMG, 2017 GLE 63S AMG
First i would like to thank the community for responding to my post. You cannot imagine the agony i spent parting with the CLS AMG 63s. What sold me on the
2019 E63s AMG was i hate to say it Vehicle Virgins. I bought the whole deal...... Problem is i wanted another CLS AMG 63s and was about to place an order only
to find out that MB only made a few 2018 units and canx production early.
There were no cars to drive so I placed an order expecting an AMG type of vehicle. I have previously owned a E63 with the 6.2 ltr natural V8. Fun car, sounded great, with performance and comfort.
So my choices are to: get rid of the car and buy a BMW M-5 performance (which i did drive-great), or mod the s--- out of the E63s and blow out a 911 turbo s/tesla 100d.
I need your input.
What should I do.
Depressed but with hope.
Debtodd1 is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 10:39 PM
  #19  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 E63S AMG, 2017 GLE 63S AMG
The seats in the 2019 E63s AMG are the seats with massage. The seats in the 2015 CLS AMG 63s are the same massage seats that are in my 2017 GLE 63s AMG.
Debtodd1 is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 11:50 PM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 243
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
'19 E63S Wagon, '17 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Originally Posted by Debtodd1 View Post
The seats in the 2019 E63s AMG are the seats with massage. The seats in the 2015 CLS AMG 63s are the same massage seats that are in my 2017 GLE 63s AMG.
See my GLE 63s has regular non massage seats so I found them less comfortable than the E 63s massage seats. At any rate. My recommendation is, get rid of it based on what I think you feel about the car.

Yeah you can sink in more cash and mod the crap out of it but you're still driving a $120k car that you really donít think is all that great. Only now it cost you more. Or you can cut your losses and try and get out, and into something that excites you everytime you get into in the morning. The risk here is despite whatever mods you may end up doing, thereís no guarantee that itíll be enough to make you happy.
Dunga is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 12:38 AM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
chiromikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,548
Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Debtodd1 View Post
First i would like to thank the community for responding to my post. You cannot imagine the agony i spent parting with the CLS AMG 63s. What sold me on the
2019 E63s AMG was i hate to say it Vehicle Virgins. I bought the whole deal...... Problem is i wanted another CLS AMG 63s and was about to place an order only
to find out that MB only made a few 2018 units and canx production early.
There were no cars to drive so I placed an order expecting an AMG type of vehicle. I have previously owned a E63 with the 6.2 ltr natural V8. Fun car, sounded great, with performance and comfort.
So my choices are to: get rid of the car and buy a BMW M-5 performance (which i did drive-great), or mod the s--- out of the E63s and blow out a 911 turbo s/tesla 100d.
I need your input.
What should I do.
Depressed but with hope.
To beat a Tesla you can, like you said, mod the sh*t out or your E, which would also require you to drop a sh*t load of cash on a car that you donít like and will never get back when you sell it...and will still ride as crappy as it does now or you can do the M5, spend pocket change (relatively speaking) on a tune and beat the Tesla without even having to add a single bolt-on. The decision seems easy to me
chiromikey is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 12:59 AM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG E63s
For what it is worth I think your only real choice is to go with the M5. No matter what you do to the E63s it will always have the harsh ride which from your post seems to be your biggest disappointment. I understand your issue--almost forced me into the M5. I am willing to live with the ride quality because everything else about the E63s excites me but for the infotainment/nav system. The M5 is the less exciting but better rounded car.
amgliturbo is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 01:03 AM
  #23  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 24
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e63 Wagon | Porsche 964 | 1949 Chevy Restomod | Range Rover (soon to be sold)
Originally Posted by cyclrder View Post
I've had two GLS63s and moved to an 18 63s Wagon...

1. the seats in the E63 are way better than the GLS63 .. I've had two back surgeries and am very sensitive to bad seats. We have a summer house that is 100 miles away that we drive too every weekend... with the old car I always felt like sore and fatigued but with the E63... its never an issue. (btw.. my 2010 911 has the best seats out there for me)
2. the ride... well, riding around with tire pressures at 39 front and 44 rear will never give you any compliance... and if you follow the MB spec pressures (that most likely your tires are set too) will beat you to death. But the flipside is that you don't bend wheels....my wife hit a major pothole on the LIE... it was enough to chip-dent the wheel and leave a gash on the tire... but it didn't break. If I lived someplace with better roads, I'd drop the pressure to 36/40
3. I do wish that the NAV/radio had more "fixed" buttons as I hate having to go into to multiple menus to advance or choosing radio stations or similar using the appleplay.
4. as for grabbing attention.. nothing beats my wagon. Everybody looks and gives a thumbs up.

That looks SO GOOD with the roof box on top! And yes, somehow Porsche makes really, really comfortable sport seats...
JODE63 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
cyclrder (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 01:10 AM
  #24  
sjb
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 166
Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts
S213 E63
i'm sorry, but exactly what advice are you looking for from this forum? you come on here barfing about what an unbearable piece of garbage car the E63 is because of its uncomfortable seats and road noise, wishing the rest of us "good luck" in the sign-off, and now you suddenly want to "mod the **** out of it" to road race a Tesla.

just move along and buy an M5. good luck.
sjb is online now  
Old 05-23-2019, 04:54 AM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 115
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'14 E63SP
Originally Posted by Dunga View Post
See my GLE 63s has regular non massage seats so I found them less comfortable than the E 63s massage seats. At any rate. My recommendation is, get rid of it based on what I think you feel about the car.

Yeah you can sink in more cash and mod the crap out of it but you're still driving a $120k car that you really donít think is all that great. Only now it cost you more. Or you can cut your losses and try and get out, and into something that excites you everytime you get into in the morning. The risk here is despite whatever mods you may end up doing, thereís no guarantee that itíll be enough to make you happy.
Originally Posted by chiromikey View Post
To beat a Tesla you can, like you said, mod the sh*t out or your E, which would also require you to drop a sh*t load of cash on a car that you donít like and will never get back when you sell it...and will still ride as crappy as it does now or you can do the M5, spend pocket change (relatively speaking) on a tune and beat the Tesla without even having to add a single bolt-on. The decision seems easy to me
Originally Posted by amgliturbo View Post
For what it is worth I think your only real choice is to go with the M5. No matter what you do to the E63s it will always have the harsh ride which from your post seems to be your biggest disappointment. I understand your issue--almost forced me into the M5. I am willing to live with the ride quality because everything else about the E63s excites me but for the infotainment/nav system. The M5 is the less exciting but better rounded car.
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
i'm sorry, but exactly what advice are you looking for from this forum? you come on here barfing about what an unbearable piece of garbage car the E63 is because of its uncomfortable seats and road noise, wishing the rest of us "good luck" in the sign-off, and now you suddenly want to "mod the **** out of it" to road race a Tesla.

just move along and buy an M5. good luck.
I agree with all of the above posts
IGotId is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 MB E63S AMG Worst AMG i have owned


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: