Sponsored by:

Several questions about 2019 AMG E63S before ordering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 AMG C63S EDITION ONE
Several questions about 2019 AMG E63S before ordering

Hi, I am new here. I have several questions to ask about 2019 AMG E63S before I order.
I try to order a new 2019 AMG E63S, there are a lot of options to choose. Just wondering if it is useful.
1. Active multicontour front seats with massage compared to performance seat, which one is better?
2. Acoustic Comfort Package, does it block the exhaust sound?
3. AMG Head-Up Display, is it useful since the new digital instrument cluster looks extremely good?
4. AMG units, it seems a common feature on new C63S, but is it included in new E63S?
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:19 PM

Received 294 Likes on 144 Posts
E63S Wagon
I’ll answer a few as I wait for my wagon order to come in:

1. Personal preference. I spec’d the comfort seats without massage or active bolster because my wife and I found them to be more gimmicky than relaxing. But some people love the massage so go check it out at the dealer.

2. Don’t know but I spec’d it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. I spec’d hud because I personally think the bezel-less screen of gauges is the biggest styling miss on the car, really dislike it so I hope to focus on HUD .

4. Drive units are available on most wheels for 2020 in the e63s, some wheels come with them standard and one wheel makes drive units unavailable...I forget the specifics here but my car will have them on the Napa wheel.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by b0rderman
I’ll answer a few as I wait for my wagon order to come in:

1. Personal preference. I spec’d the comfort seats without massage or active bolster because my wife and I found them to be more gimmicky than relaxing. But some people love the massage so go check it out at the dealer.

2. Don’t know but I spec’d it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. I spec’d hud because I personally think the bezel-less screen of gauges is the biggest styling miss on the car, really dislike it so I hope to focus on HUD .

4. Drive units are available on most wheels for 2020 in the e63s, some wheels come with them standard and one wheel makes drive units unavailable...I forget the specifics here but my car will have them on the Napa wheel.
Thanks for reply. That's a good point to experience the massage function.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GTS, AMG E63S, GLC300
I went for the multicontour front seats (massage and active bolsters). Glad I did. Ride on the E63S is quite firm, even in comfort mode. I have an AMG GTS so wanted the E63S to stand by itself more as a more comfortable sedan, so multi contour massage/bolster seats fit the bill.
Acoustic comfort does not block the exhaust sound. Sport+ and the sound is there! Worthwhile.
HUD---glad my E63S has it. Easy to get used to and a nice feature. Wish I had HUD on my GTS. Helps keep your eyes on the road.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 180 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by hu1547
Hi, I am new here. I have several questions to ask about 2019 AMG E63S before I order.
I try to order a new 2019 AMG E63S, there are a lot of options to choose. Just wondering if it is useful.
1. Active multicontour front seats with massage compared to performance seat, which one is better?
2. Acoustic Comfort Package, does it block the exhaust sound?
3. AMG Head-Up Display, is it useful since the new digital instrument cluster looks extremely good?
4. AMG units, it seems a common feature on new C63S, but is it included in new E63S?
Thanks in advance.
My 2c:
1. Tried both, and in my opinion performance seat is too rigid and blocking the view for rear seat passengers. My usage model is fast luxury car and not a race car.
2. Does not block exhaust sound, but helps reduce the tire/wind noise. Based on 2k mi driven on autobahn.
3. Head up is a must have as it lets me keep eyes on the road. And I can see it through the polarizing sunglasses, unlike competition.
The new digital instruments are great to look at when parked, or driving at the low speed.
Hope this helps!
Old 07-01-2019, 01:51 PM

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 E63S Wagon
Options

Wife absolutely loves massage seats. I enjoy them also.

Does not block exhaust sound.

I use the HUD all the time. Very useful. Can be set to include GPS info and radio info, in addition to actual speed and speed limit.
Does not work well with polarized sunglasses. My glasses are not polarized and it works great.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:04 PM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Hate to be pedantic but if you're ordering one now it will be a 2020 model (if they haven't stopped producing the 2019s yet then it will be any day now). And if the past two years are any indication, they won't go on sale until Nov/Dec. this year.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:32 PM

Received 294 Likes on 144 Posts
E63S Wagon
Carac is correct, all A4 or B1 status build slots available right now are M/Y 2020.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Doo
I went for the multicontour front seats (massage and active bolsters). Glad I did. Ride on the E63S is quite firm, even in comfort mode. I have an AMG GTS so wanted the E63S to stand by itself more as a more comfortable sedan, so multi contour massage/bolster seats fit the bill.
Acoustic comfort does not block the exhaust sound. Sport+ and the sound is there! Worthwhile.
HUD---glad my E63S has it. Easy to get used to and a nice feature. Wish I had HUD on my GTS. Helps keep your eyes on the road.
Thanks for reply. I am going to experience the massage function later.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 6G Schnell
My 2c:
1. Tried both, and in my opinion performance seat is too rigid and blocking the view for rear seat passengers. My usage model is fast luxury car and not a race car.
2. Does not block exhaust sound, but helps reduce the tire/wind noise. Based on 2k mi driven on autobahn.
3. Head up is a must have as it lets me keep eyes on the road. And I can see it through the polarizing sunglasses, unlike competition.
The new digital instruments are great to look at when parked, or driving at the low speed.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for reply. Performance seat is too hard for long journey, at least for my C63S.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Carac
Hate to be pedantic but if you're ordering one now it will be a 2020 model (if they haven't stopped producing the 2019s yet then it will be any day now). And if the past two years are any indication, they won't go on sale until Nov/Dec. this year.
Thanks for reply. You are right, I have to wait at least 16 weeks to have one, but a good news is I am not hurried.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mocha15
Wife absolutely loves massage seats. I enjoy them also.

Does not block exhaust sound.

I use the HUD all the time. Very useful. Can be set to include GPS info and radio info, in addition to actual speed and speed limit.
Does not work well with polarized sunglasses. My glasses are not polarized and it works great.
Thanks for reply. Seems all people think HUD is useful, definitely I will include one in my order.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
1) massage seats are great. Keep in mind the performance seats are not only harsher riding, but the holes in them are NOT function. You may not fit a harness through those holes and would still need a racing seat if that is a factor in your consideration.
2) my car has acoustic comfort but someone else had specced it. I would save the money. The car already sounds quieter without the M157. For a true testament you need someone who has driven one with and one without back to back.
3) the HUD is great.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 E63s
Originally Posted by hu1547
Thanks for reply. Performance seat is too hard for long journey, at least for my C63S.
I picked up my car in Indiana & drove back to the DC area. 9 hours or so in performance seats, I found them more comfortable than my '14s regular seats.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63 S
Originally Posted by IGotId
I picked up my car in Indiana & drove back to the DC area. 9 hours or so in performance seats, I found them more comfortable than my '14s regular seats.
what's the possibility that's due to numb buttocks 5 minutes in?

to OP:
- performance seats are among the list of frequent complaints for this vehicle. it's a harsh ride...make up for it by not sitting on a horse saddle.
- i have acoustic comfort package and would recommend it if you're not too concerned with weight.
- 100% get the HUD. i look at my (faux) cluster so infrequently that i often have to remind myself what i looked down for in the first place.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:18 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 E63s
I've had numb buttocks in my '14 AMG wagon before & certainly didn't find that comfortable!
Old 07-04-2019, 12:09 PM

2019 AMG E63S, Chevy ZR1
Massage seats are supportive and feel great.

I would skip the acoustic package. I have trouble with the radar detector placement and mirror garage door opener has problems. Windshield signal openings are in odd places.

Love the HUD, but not for polarized sunglass wearing people