Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Bad experience with Tirerack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bad experience with Tirerack

I just had some really bad experience with tirerack. I ordered 4 17" AMG new double spoke (new CLK55 is using this wheel)with tires. tirerack sent me the old style double spoke wheels (the C32 wheels). I was pissed and sent them e-mail. The sales rep said he didn't know why it happened, but he thought I have the wrong wheels. He said the customer service can arrange an exchange for me. The customer service called me. Let me tell you, that lady from customer service needs some training. She had really bad attitude and she was not professional at all. She was saying something like "What do you mean we sent the wrong wheels?", "Well, you need to be more specific!" I told her I didn't want to talk to her any more. Then I called my sales rep again. My sales rep told me they still didn't know what was going on and the customer service will call me again today. OK, that lady called me again today. The first thing she told me was "we sent you the correct wheels" . I was totally speechless. They wasted a whole day to look for an answer and endup telling me this ****. I told her politely that the wheels they sent me are not the wheels shown on the website. She said: I see that, but this may be a 18" wheel, your 17" wheel may not look the same . What the hell she was talking about? The size doesn't really matter, the style is totally different. She was so positive that they sent me the right wheels. She said I can return the wheels but they won't return the shipping cost. I know she wanted to say I ordered something and I don't want it after I see it. What kind of customer service is that? I told her I need to talk to someone else who KHOWS wheels. She said she knows wheels and has a lot of experience. I don't think so! She finally said this: I'll tell my supervisor to call you but you are not so cooperative!. What the fxxk! The sales rep called me later. I only spent 10 minutes to talk to him. He said they sent me the wrong wheels and they will refund everthing including shipping. That's easy! An employee like that lady is just killing the company. I would say if you want to order some expensive wheels, you may want to consider some other places. They just don't have enough knowledge to sell us the wheels. Because we know so much that we may endup getting pissed. BTW, this is the wheels I ordered: http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheel..._bs_ci3_l.jpg. This is the wheels they sent me: http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheel...oke_ci3_l.jpg. I think a kid can tell the difference.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:02 PM

Sorry, bad links. This is the wheel I ordered.
Attached Thumbnails Bad experience with Tirerack-amg_double_spoke_bs_ci3_l.jpg  
Old 06-10-2003, 09:03 PM

This is the wheel they sent me.
Attached Thumbnails Bad experience with Tirerack-amg.jpeg  
Old 06-10-2003, 11:11 PM

C- 230 Kompressor,C2,C7,Black,JL sub,A/D/S/ amps,Alpine hu and changer
That sucks, I have had really good luck with the tire rack, I wish company's would spend a little bit more time training people in customer service, it would make any problem much smoother, and could save them thousands of dollars in lost sales.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
I have never had any problems with Tire Rack. And anything that I have needed to return, it was always handled by the sales rep. I was never sent to any customer service reps. Your experience seems rare and is because of that stupid lady. I wouldn't want this to discourage anyone else from shopping at Tire Rack. Their sales reps are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C230 K , 2001 ML320
Sorry you had a problem. I have bought a lot a tires and stuff from Tirerack for some years now. Never had a problem, ever.

I deal with many companies as a manager at a power plant. I tell companies Presidents and CEO's that they are only as good as that sales representative or service rep. They are the point of the spear for any company, and can litterally cause a company to go under. I have seen two major companies fail because of poor service reps.

So take your complaints to a higher level, but be sure to praise the man who helped you out. He did his job, she alainated a customer who will never forget bad treatment.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:47 PM

2003 C230 K , 2001 ML320
So much for my spelling. Those are great looking wheels, if they had them in 18 inch they would sell a ton of them.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Had: 1987 300TD, Had: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, Have: 2014 E350 Sport, Have: 2019 S450
It only takes one person performing poorly to give a bad impression to a large group of people.

Unfortunately, if management doesn't know about the problem, nothing will change. If I was a manager at Tire Rack, and one of my Customer Service people was performing poorly, I would want to know about it, so that it could be corrected.

You might want to contact Tire Rack (not via customer service), and ask to speak with a manager. You can then explain your situation to them, and they can take corrective action. It probably won't do anything to help your situation personally (as you state it has already been resolved), but it will help others in the future.

I have purchased many wheels and tires from Tire Rack, for several different cars; as have many of my friends. To date, none of us have had a negative experience with Tire Rack.

Let's hope that your case was an isolated incident, and that it will be dealt with by management.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:44 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
I'm sorry that you had a problem ..... I would be more than happy to assist you in any way that I can ...... I would also like the info pertaining to your order to have your customer service concerns addressed immediately so, that this is not a common or re-occuring problem ,,,, I am on the site everyday and if you ever have a concern please feel free to call me at any time ....

has everything been resolved to your satisfaction ?
Old 06-11-2003, 04:07 PM

Luke,

I'm not very happy with the lady from customer service. I think you never tell the customer he is not so "cooperative". She kept saying I got the correct wheels. She was not trying hard enough to find out what was going on. If I was wrong and being unresonable, why the sales rep agree I got the wrong wheels and to refund everything. I think you will agree I got the wrong wheels after seeing my pictures. I really want someone can take care of this problem. I think no customer will like the attitude she had. BTW, the lady is called Penny. Do you know if tirerack has the wheels I want. I really want someone who knows AMG wheels to tell me. Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Almost a Member!

C230k Coupe
whats the price of that wheel? what sizes do they come in will they fit the coupes
Old 06-12-2003, 01:36 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
Originally posted by hint2
Do you know if tirerack has the wheels I want. I really want someone who knows AMG wheels to tell me. Please let me know. Thanks.

The 18" stlye IV's are scheduled to arrive 6-13-03

let me know if you need to order a set

Last edited by Luke@tirerack; 06-12-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:17 PM

Luke,

I would like to have the 17".
Old 06-12-2003, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll have those available in 2 weeks.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:06 AM

I drive what I drive
i cant beleive a company that sponcers this website could be soo soo rude!
Old 06-13-2003, 10:04 AM

2003 C230 K , 2001 ML320
Please, this was just one person who was rude. Don't blame the company. I have spent a lot of time on the phone talking to Luke about tires, he and other Tirerack people have always been excellant to deal with. They have NEVER steered me wrong.

We often ask for their recommendations and then ignor them.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:06 AM

Hint2, why didn't you go thru Luke directly?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:11 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
Originally posted by darkLCD
Hint2, why didn't you go thru Luke directly?

good question ....
Old 06-18-2003, 10:34 AM

The answer is I didn't know Luke is in this forum. I would like to order the wheels from Luke directly now. Luke, please let me know if you have the 17" in stock. The customer service told me there is something wrong with the database. I don't know if you are able to get the correct wheels for me even you enter the right part number.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:59 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
the Styling IV wheel is the AMG C32 wheel which is the second picture you posted .... AMG has changed the finish from that picture and the machined lip is no longer available. They are using a brilliant silver over the entire wheel at this time
Old 06-19-2003, 11:00 AM

I want the wheel from the first picture. Do you have it in stock? The wheel from the second picture is what they sent me, this is not what I ordered.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:07 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
the first picture is of the 18" Styling IV which is available next week
Old 06-19-2003, 03:02 PM

Luke,

I want 17" of the first picture wheel.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:36 PM

Some update. Tirerack sent me e-mail saying the style I want (new double spoke) only comes in 18". I don't know why tirerack is still showing the wrong pictures and information on the web if they don't sell the 17". Does anyone know if this is correct. Luke, do you know? They simply said they cannot get the wheels I want. I've seen the new 17" double spoke on ebay and some online stores. This is the wheel I want:
Attached Thumbnails Bad experience with Tirerack-amg_double_spoke_bs_ci3_l.jpg  
Old 06-23-2003, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The CLK55 comes standard with the same style that you want in 17". It's not they only come in 18", perhaps Tirerack hasnt been updated/notified yet.

Well, I've said a couple of times, I can get them, but if you want to wait for Tirerack, thats ok.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Tirerack