Wheels and Tires The archived forum for wheels and tires for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: MB Part Haus
Mark this thread as Unsold

Feeler: HRE 840R 19x9 19x10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLK500
Feeler: HRE 840R 19x9 19x10

Up for a feeler is a set of pristine HRE 840R. Wheels had just been refinished and tires were used for less than 2,000 miles. They were taken off a CLS model and I confirmed with HRE that they will fit SL and E. They will fit other models such as CLK with the correct spacers.

Specs:
19x9 ET35 with 225/35/19 Avon M500
19x10 ET33 with 255/30/19 Pirelli PZero Nero

I am testing the current market for these wheels so any reasonable offer will be welcomed. Price is set at $3,800 with tires. Local pick up in Illinois is preferred so the buyer can see personally what he/she is buying.

I don't want to crowd the thread so please feel free to ask if you need more pictures to help your decision.

Thanks for looking

Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
dude they look great on your car. Any pics from the back ? like your car man

Andy
Old 11-05-2009, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK550
BUMP for a sick wheel. Quick Q, are the made for a SL/CLS?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
BUMP for a sick wheel. Quick Q, are the made for a SL/CLS?
Its in the first paragraph Amir.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:43 PM

R8 V10
more pics please....what are you dropped on, and what spacers are you running? what are F/R lip sizes....car looks sick...wonder how they would look on a black CLK hmmmm
Old 11-06-2009, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLK500
Sorry no pics from the back, Andy.

Thanks Kiamcoj. Yes, they have CLS/SL fitment.

Originally Posted by njzprettyboy
more pics please....what are you dropped on, and what spacers are you running? what are F/R lip sizes....car looks sick...wonder how they would look on a black CLK hmmmm
I have Eibach springs currently and H&R spacers 10mm (F) / 12 mm (R).

Front lip is about 1" and rear 3".

They will look sick on a black CLK

PM sent with more close up pictures.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Always here to help!

Good to know that you ran 10" rears with a 33 offset. I just picked up a set of 9.5 rears with a 33 offset. Hopefully it all works out with no rubbing.

Good luck with your sale!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 PM

CLK 320
Fresh wheels! I'd consider copping these if my parents and family promised not to disown me for their X-mas presents from the 99 cent store.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:46 PM
htn

sl55
35 and 33 mm offsets are actually a little high for sl and cls ,,,,,,,consider HRE usually make them more aggressive than that
Old 11-07-2009, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
'16 E350, gone: '03 c230k
You peeps be careful out there...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...t-coin-ed.html
Old 11-07-2009, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLK500
mtnman82: I sold other parts from my W203 more than a year ago and also parts for W209 on this board without any complaints. I thought I had made it clear the decision that I made regarding this issue. I hope you will feel better after this posting.

htn: Since HRE doesn't post their offsets and widths on the rim, I called and made sure that they were made for CLS/SL application. I can forward the HRE serial numbers to anyone who's interested.

Kiamcoj: I think 9.5 ET33 should be perfect for W209. I actually added 12mm spacers to bring down the offset to 21 and they are flushed with the fenders now.

Astropat: Thanks

Last edited by coin; 11-07-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Originally Posted by mtnman82
I have to say that even though I dont know Coin nor have I had any dealings with him, I am puzzled by your need to post something of that nature on his post.
I read the link you provided and all of us here should in fact watch out for one another in case of bad dealings and thats appreciated .. I am not sure though that your post fits in that category, sorry.. I am sorry for your experience with your brakes but it just doesnt sound like the seller was intentionally deceitful ,
so your post is really just trying to sabotage his post. At least thats how it comes across to the rest of us. I do hope that your brakes issue has been ironed out.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not being derogatory, just want prospective buyers to make sure they double check the details. The brakes were mis-represented from the get go in my case (what they came off and what they would fit). I'd hate to see someone spend 10x what I did and get burned, that's all. This will benefit coin too, will it not?

Edit: mis-represented what they originally came off (or came from).

Last edited by mtnman82; 11-08-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not being derogatory, just want prospective buyers to make sure they double check the details. The brakes were mis-represented from the get go in my case (what they came off and what they would fit). I'd hate to see someone spend 10x what I did and get burned, that's all. This will benefit coin too, will it not?

Sir, first , I am sorry for your experience with your brakes and I am glad no harm was done to you or your car. But listing your incident on the post where the seller is selling something else a year later, when no other members have reported a bad experience with him is not fair ( thats just my 2c ) , you are in fact " though in a seemingly impartial way are " getting back at him " and insinuating that he " intentionally " sold you parts which were misrepresented , the whole thing could have been an honest mistake on both parties not any more than you not checking that parts when you installed them... ALSO, it is obvious that you couldnt reach a compromised arrangement with coin " a year later " and now you are posting your experience on an entirely different and non related post a year later. Frankly if I was the seller ( and I have been successfully in the past ) I would be quite upset and I think you would be too. Now if I bought something from someone who INTENTIONALLY deceived me, rest assured I would do what you are doing and more, but I just dont see this being the case here. Again, I dont know Coin personally nor have I had any experience with him, and best of luck to you both.

Last edited by maxwerks; 11-07-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLK500
Maxwerks: I apologize that you get dragged into this but I definitely appreciate your honest comments.

mtnman82: I think I have expressed enough opinions through the exchanged PMs that we have two months ago. All parts that I sold last year were taken off my W203. The used calipers were sold to you and the used rotors/pads were sold to another member on this board. I can try digging the receipts from the shops that installed and removed those brakes if you're eager to see. I am amazed when you said "I'd hate to see someone spend 10x what I did and get burned, that's all." This is not my first time selling high-priced items on the board, in fact, all other W203 parts that I sold (wheels, bixenons, coilovers, AMG bumper and CF spoilers) were more expensive than the calipers that you bought. As Maxwerks and the rest of us may have noticed, the possible reason for your continued posts here is to sabotage this thread. I am sorry that our transaction didn't turn out well but I hope that we can all move on now.

Back to the thread, I will provide the HRE serial numbers and encourage prospective buyer to check with HRE for fitment issue.

I will also welcome test fit if you're local and then maybe we can go for a burger

Last edited by coin; 11-07-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 (sold), W204 (sold), W124
I may know someone who is interested..
Nice ride you have there..
Old 11-19-2009, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Done Deal Coin, Thanks for everything , my car is very excited!!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLK500
Originally Posted by maxwerks
Done Deal Coin, Thanks for everything , my car is very excited!!
Thanks, Maxwerks. Sold - pending payment.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I posted on this thread because I felt it was my duty to the forum to keep all informed. I would expect no less if the situations were reversed, and I'm sure coin expected it. Some may disagree, but I'm sure many will agree. Coin may not have had any issues with his other sales, but the fact of the matter is there was definitely a problem with ours, definintely at his end, and a refusal to accept responsibility.

coin - yes, you have plenty of opinions (and funny pics), but the fact is that you advertised & told me those calipers came directly off your friends '04.5 c230k. This is absolutely NOT TRUE, as Mercedes would never mount unmatched calipers on a car. I'm guessing they came from a scrap yard or some other 3rd party (in which case I would have asked for more pics and checked more diligently when received). The fact that you and your mechanic weren't observant enough to notice and mounted/ran them anyway means diddly squat - they're still a mis-matched set. And, why would I feel better about getting burned now?

max - Best of luck with the transaction. I sincerely hope there are no issues with the wheels. Seriously.

Last edited by mtnman82; 11-21-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Congrats on the sale Coin!

I posted on this thread because I felt it was my duty to the forum to keep all informed. I would expect no less if the situations were reversed, and I'm sure coin expected it. Some may disagree, but I'm sure many will agree. Coin may not have had any issues with his other sales, but the fact of the matter is there was definitely a problem with ours, definintely at his end, and a refusal to accept responsibility.

coin - yes, you have plenty of opinions (and funny pics), but the fact is that you advertised & told me those calipers came directly off your friends '04.5 c230k. This is absolutely NOT TRUE, as Mercedes would never mount unmatched calipers on a car. I'm guessing they came from a scrap yard or some other 3rd party (in which case I would have asked for more pics and checked more diligently when received). The fact that you and your mechanic weren't observant enough to notice and mounted/ran them anyway means diddly squat - they're still a mis-matched set. And, why would I feel better about getting burned now?

max - Best of luck with the transaction. I sincerely hope there are no issues with the wheels. Seriously.
Sorry for your transaction with Coin, but why didn't you check to make sure the calipers were exactly what you needed? There is due diligence that needs to take place by the buyer and the seller. Buyer needs to make sure that the part is what he/she needs, during the negotiation period and once the item is received. I am sure that Coin, would have taken the necessary steps to make everything right, if the time that elapsed wasn't that long.

Unfortunately, buying and selling used parts isn't as black and white as most people hope that it is, so people must take the necessary steps to ensure they are buying/selling the right parts. This includes checking the persons feedback for themselves and balancing the risk of dealing with the member. I personally didn't think you should have posted in the FS thread and thought a PM might be more appropriate, since your feedback seems to be the only negative one I have seen of Coin. If it was a case of a "serial" scamming then your post would be more than helpful. Again, just my 2 cents, for what its worth.

I definitely do not want to sound like I am taking sides, I just wanted to inquire and see where the breakdown happened. Good luck to everyone involved and once again, congrats on the sale Coin!

Jon

Last edited by kiamcoj; 11-21-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

update

Just as an update..
I did in fact ended up buying Coin's HRE wheels , and let me tell everyone , Coin has been nothing but a gentleman through out our deal, his correspondence was prompt, the responses and disclosures were timely and honest, the care taken in the packing and shipping was outstanding , most importantly the description of the condition of the wheels was spot on... buying a used item sight unseen.. one couldnt ask for more. I would buy from Coin again any time.
Coin I thank you for an honest and courteous transaction , and my best regards,
Max

PS. it is ones own duty to be properly responsible & fair when posting about transactions with other members ....most of us are not here to make a couple of bucks to peddle bad parts or " misrepresent " items .. so our own feedback for one another must also be taken with care and responsibility.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLK500
Originally Posted by maxwerks
Just as an update..
I did in fact ended up buying Coin's HRE wheels , and let me tell everyone , Coin has been nothing but a gentleman through out our deal, his correspondence was prompt, the responses and disclosures were timely and honest, the care taken in the packing and shipping was outstanding , most importantly the description of the condition of the wheels was spot on... buying a used item sight unseen.. one couldnt ask for more. I would buy from Coin again any time.
Coin I thank you for an honest and courteous transaction , and my best regards,
Max

PS. it is ones own duty to be properly responsible & fair when posting about transactions with other members ....most of us are not here to make a couple of bucks to peddle bad parts or " misrepresent " items .. so our own feedback for one another must also be taken with care and responsibility.
Glad to hear that your feedback. Max is an excellent buyer with instant payment and good communication. Thanks for the smooth transaction again. Don't forget to take pictures of your beast once you slap those HREs on. Best regards!

Mod - please lock the thread.