Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Ericsson handsfree w/ ML320 (year 2000) ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ericsson handsfree w/ ML320 (year 2000) ?

I simply don't want to use the V60 phone for my car. I have a newer Ericsson T68i phone I'd like to use with its own handsfree unit.

The handsfree unit has signal lines to mute audio, as well as microphone/speaker lines.

How do I splice into the pre-wired system ? So that I can use the built in microphone and speakers. I don't need integration with the rest of the COMMAND system.

Thanks !
Old 07-10-2002, 11:12 PM

Ho hum, I guess there aren't electronics techies here
Old 07-12-2002, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
one way is to plug the "audio out" from your phone into the auxillary input phono jack in your glove compartment. When you go to sytem and hit AUX, your phone should come in through your car speakers. Problem is that it won't do so automatically. You have to do this each time. You can probably use your phones hands fee kit microphone but not the Mb microphone. Except if you really hate the Mb phones for some particular reason. You can easily integrate not just the v60 but Mb startac or timport phone to your command and they cost less than v60.

Ted
Old 09-02-2002, 10:33 AM
Almost a Member!

ML500
Actually you can fairly easy add Ericsson t68i to any (especially European vehicle). t68i will need HCA-20 handsfree kit, cradle for t68i and cable to controler(do not know both parts #, but you can easily find them at WWW.SONYERICSSON.COM), and most important Advanced Music Mute (model# KRY1011004/02). AMM is an adapter which allow to connect between your headunit and speakers muting them when call comes through. It uses standard ISO interface comonly used to connect speakers to HU. Muting actually work better than industry standard Yellow lead mute -using this interface the front speakers will carry your telephone conversation and rear will continue play music but at reduced volume. I tried this installation - works great, the only problem - you can not dial from MCS - not a biggy - t68i has voice recognition so you do not have to take you hands of the steering will. To install a cradle I purchased "Indash mount 75128-300" from Canyonriver.com (BTW they got all the hardware I mentioned above). Good luck
Old 09-02-2002, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
..............The problem is that many modifications that may be possible in other vehicles are just not that simple to do in an MB. I will be interested if you did this on an Mb with stock MB head unit. If so, then kindly give more info regarding the Advanced Music Mute(AMM). I went to the Ericson website and found no info on this. Do you have a picture of this adapter and how will it fit into a stock MB head unit?

Ted
Old 09-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
Wink

This is a picture of the AMM box. I did not want to post pic of the unit itself - picture on the box is better. As you can see the AMM is plugged between head unit and speakers, so you do not have to worry about HU at all as long as connector is ISO. Small white connector goes into control unit (HCA-20) and the rest is simple - find red wire for power and place to hookup ground - that is it. I am sorry that it sounds so easy, but in reality your biggest trouble would be to hide all the wires and get to places where you have not been before - behind your dash. I will post pictures of my installation possibly within a week (got places to go people to see - you know) Meanwhile if you have any other questions I will be more than happy to answer if I can.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
I just took the HU out and I have to admit MB is different from all others. I guess I have to start working on getting pin-out to get AMM into it. Anybody out there with pinout diagram? Another thing is my HU is tide into Bose amp. I think it is located somewhere under armrest but I am not sure. Any input would be apreciated. Thanks
Old 09-04-2002, 06:14 AM

2000 CLK 320
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=7346

Thats for the regular COMAND though. Maybe its similar.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
I just took the HU out and I have to admit MB is different from all others. I guess I have to start working on getting pin-out to get AMM into it. Anybody out there with pinout diagram? Another thing is my HU is tide into Bose amp. I think it is located somewhere under armrest but I am not sure. Any input would be apreciated. Thanks

...........wellcome to the world of MB electronics. The amp in the CLK is in the body panel in the trunk right above the right rear tires. I don't know what car you have. Good luck!

Ted
Old 09-04-2002, 08:49 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
The only thing is that in 2000 it was much easier without all the fiberoptics and even in my HU there is an ISO plug B and if in charliez ML320 it has been used he should have no major problem installing HCA-20 Ericsson handsfree kit. I am certain that there is a way to incorporate this kit in even newer MB's. Currently I am looking into adapting it past Bose amp. There are couple issues though like what kind of plug Bose used to connect speakers, how many chanells e t.c. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. It is very disappointing that MB would not consider even any remote possibility of aftermarket installs in their cars.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
.............Actually, the 2000 MB's have the fiberoptics. You have to go back to the 1999 and 1998 models to find Mb's without the fiberoptics. By the way, the AMP on CLK's is on the left, not right body panel.

Ted
Old 09-04-2002, 10:25 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
I see, but was that middle plug used (Connector B)? If yes that is the plug to tap into. As you can see on mine it does not have any wires in that connector. I would like to see the plug connecting Bose amp with speakers that might be the only place where Advanced music mute can be installed. I did contact Bose (yeh, right they will tell me something!) - we will see how that goes. I spoke to dealer about location of the amp on ML - it looks like it is above throttle pedal but I did not have a chance to check it out and glance at speakers connector. If anybody ever worked on that amp - I would appreciate some info on panel removing (if there is anything unusual about it).
Old 11-10-2002, 12:46 AM

Hi Peralex, have you had any success with your phone integration into your M class ?

Would be great if you could post the cable connector uses (mic, speaker mute, speaker input, etc.)

Seems to be such an incredible pain just wanting to do this with an MB car.

Thanks, Charlie.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:46 AM
Almost a Member!

ML500
Yes, I did integrate my phone (SonyEricsson t68i) into my ML. The only wire I used was Mute. I could use Tele-aid speaker but decided not to touch it yet. I currently looking into integrating Nokia 6310i into it. Supposedly it is being used on MB in Europe instead of Motorola's in US.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:27 AM

2013 E350 Sport P2
00 ML320

I have the 2000 ML320 and it does not have fibre optic. I have hooked up my timeport b ut still does not work correctly. I really need a pin out diagram showing the wires and there uses. Any help is appreciated with this diagram. I also am having problems with my CD changer. It powers up and I can here it cycling to look for a CD but the head unit does not recognize it.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
For those interested in integrating non-MB phones into audio system - check Dasmount.co.uk . They have a harness which plugs after Bose amp. I did not do it, but I e-mailed a question and they even quoted a price on the harness.