Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Atten: Steve or anyone w/ COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Atten: Steve or anyone w/ COMAND

Hey Steve or anyone w/ euro comand installed.
You guys Steve installed my euro comand in my car and I hadn't bought a navigation cd up until yesterday. Well, to make a long story short.... the cd keeps on trying to read.... and it says a message "Not Navi CD, Please put in another Navi Cd !" and it takes forever to bring that message up. It's like searching for like 25 min. The cd is brand new part number is Q6460155 and it says it's for any car incl. CLK from 2000-2002. Another thing is that before I put the cd in.... it says.... Put in Navi-CD "type DX"..... Get this.... after it loaded.... I was able to view the map ONCE.... after that nothing... I kept on getting the first message I posted above or Error reading CD!... I'm telling you I could hear the thing spinning inside. The guy said..... it's probably the headunit. Please give me instructions on this. I might be doing something wrong. The cd is from the dealer. So.... I don't know.

Steve, Please help me w/ this man.... I have no idea what is going on. If it's the headunit.... just send me a PM and we'll discuss how to get it fixed.

by the way car is 2001 clk cab.

Later

C-Los
Old 05-30-2004, 04:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2003 SL
I'd try borrowing another DX type nav cd and trying, and see if it does the same thing.

Also, get a can of the spray duster (find in computer places) and blow out the drive - careful, don't shake the can to get liquid out.

This should tell you if it's the drive or the cd itself.

Greg
Old 05-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Sounds like your COMAND system is a "DX" Type. You need a DX Navi CD which if I remeber correctly were revisions 2002 and later.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the reply guys. I thought that the new cd was a DX type cd.

You guys think I have the wrong cd then? All I know is that the dealer gives BQ6460155 as the number for the latest cd for a clk. I didn't know they make a different one for this car.

I really hope it's not the comand that is jacked up. When Steve installed it... I borrowed someone that was at his place.... his cd.... and it worked fine.... didn't give me that much trouble.... what took long was to get satelite signals... but other then that.... nope.... all I had to do was drive around for a while.

I don't use it for cd's just for the navi. before anyone asks. Thanks guys.

C-Los
Old 05-31-2004, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Steve installed my Euro Comand also. I bought a MB nav disc and I had the same problem. But then after a while it worked. I think the lense might be dirty.

Dan
Old 05-31-2004, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally posted by Dan ****
Steve installed my Euro Comand also. I bought a MB nav disc and I had the same problem. But then after a while it worked. I think the lense might be dirty.

Dan
Usually, the lens isn't dirty when the unit is first installed. Part of Steve's "revalidation" is having every unit cleaned, lubed and tested (there are several parts in the COMAND that need cleaning for proper functioning).

But that's not to say that it doesn't happen...

-s-
Old 05-31-2004, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It could be my CD, but its practically brand new.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:26 PM

Hey Dan, so you think I should just clean out the heads? I'll just go buy a cd cleaner and clean the heads then. See if that helps. I would think it would work even w/ the head a bit dirty. If the problem persists then I have to worry and contact steve for sure. Did you get the same cd that I have ? Thanks guys

C-Los
Old 05-31-2004, 07:13 PM

2003 SL
Did you try another nav disc yet? If you are anywhere near San Diego or Newport Beach I can make you a backup copy to try.

Greg
Old 05-31-2004, 10:18 PM

Oohhh man that would be so cool. I actually am in pasadena but I would be willing to drive down to Newport Beach or you could send me a pm and we could work something out. Thanks alot man

C-Los
Old 06-01-2004, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In my case, it might be just a little glitch. If i leave the CD in the unit, after a while it reads the maps.

Once in a while while the nav is on, the Map on the screen doesnt complete read out.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by toymr2trd
Hey Dan, so you think I should just clean out the heads?
That won't help as all these units were cleaned before I shipped them...
Originally posted by Dan ****
It could be my CD, but its practically brand new.
I myself have 2 pretty new california CDs (original)...1 won't read on 9 of 10 comands...I have 1 Benelux CD with a crooked file which gets stuck before showing the map...

try a different CD (original and lent it from somebody) and if it still has the same problem - contact me per email!

greetingz,
Old 06-04-2004, 06:55 PM

2003 SL
Dan, I work in Tustin, warner and 55 freeway... I MIGHT have a backup copy of california (DX) you could "test" for a while, like 20 or 30 years...

Greg
Old 06-07-2004, 12:57 PM

Hi Steve,
I sent you an e-mail earlier today. Please check it and let me know what you can do. Still waiting for the adapter bud. hee hee.... but I guess we need to fix this first....
I used it to go to san diego sat. morning.... and it worked perfect.... coming back about say.... 2pm.... it didn't do jack... it kept on saying no navi cd found...I was looking for a gas station and was getting pissed w/ this thing skipping.... it wouldn't help me... man.... I was kinda worried I was running really LOOOWWW on gas..... overall.... good day off in SD but no navi.....

anyways... read your e-mail it's all detailed.

Lata

C-Los

HELPPPPP !!!!!