C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Has anyone ordered the Kleemann swaybar set for ccoupe yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 02:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Has anyone ordered the Kleemann swaybar set for ccoupe yet?

I was going through all of the information that I could about the Kleemann swaybar combo, and noticed that KLEEMANN had changed the thickness measurements in his original post from 28/21 to 24/22, which is the same sizing as the Eibach.

First, thought that I'd mention the revision - their website doesn't list the measurements, so I'll have to call to verify the measurements. Second, wanted to see if anyone has had them installed on their ccoupe yet, before I take the plunge.

Accord/MB-BOB (assuming you're not the same person ) - please leave here for at least a couple of minutes until you move to the performance forum - this topic had a good deal of interest to the ccoupers awhile ago, and it IS c class specific. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2002, 02:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Jeff, I talked to someone at Eibach about 3 weeks ago, and he didn't see any in the pipeline headed to the US, so October sounds like a realistic timeframe to me.

Called Kleemann, and the 24/22 measurements are correct - very good step up from 20/13ish. And the price is $475, too, just so everyone knows.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How would the ride comfort be affected? I don't want to feel every ant I run over on the freeway.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Ant killer!

The only real way that swaybars negatively impact ride quality is that there will be a transfer from one side to the other more, so if you hit a pothole on the left side, it'll be felt more over the entire car, since your left and right sides will be more working in concert, instead of seperately. Did that make sense?

The upside is that there won't be as much plowing on one side when you take turns; the car will have more of a tendancy to stay square on turns, which is a good thing.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230
Kleemann Pulley, Springs, and Sway Bars Arrived

I received my Pulley Kit, Springs, and Sway-bars from Kleemann Yesterday. Yes the sway bars are 24/22mm. They look exactly like the ones posted by Kleemann a few weeks back, Red with Red Urethane bushings. Same as the Eibach units. The Springs are Kleemann (Pepto like Pink~Purple) colored and the Pulleys are black anodized with white lettering. Kleemann recommended the suspension setup for my c230 Coupe, 24/22mm bars with Kleemann .7” Dropped springs and the stock shocks, after we discussed my wants and needs in some detail over the phone. I purchased these sway bars and their springs as that was the configuration Kleemann recommended given my need to retain as much of the stock ride, comfort, and height but dramatically improve the cornering capabilities (flatten the car) especially the front end. I don’t track race this car but I do like to push it sometimes and I think the Pulley and Suspension setup will help me enjoy it more predictably when I do push it. Oh I can’t wait.

I have not yet had a change to get everything installed, as I am traveling on Business, but as soon as I get it all installed hopefully this weekend I will provide pictures and feedback for everyone to read and ultimately criticize.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Are you saying that they're re-badged Eibach bars? If so, that's cheesy.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:28 PM
gab

How much will Kleemann spring lower the car? How's the ride comfort??
Old 07-30-2002, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tommy, why is that cheezy, that's what tuners do, seek out the components and mark them up. I figured most people knew that. I don't think any of the tuners actually make this stuff, think of the costs to buy the equipment, shop space and engineering to produce springs, pulleys, floor matts, wheels, keychains, stickers when there are perfectly good manufacturers to outsource to. Even Mercedes doesn't make their own pulley, the crank pulley in your car is made by another company in the UK. So if Eibach makes good springs and sway bars and Kleemann asks them to make those products for them to his specs then what's the big deal. It may not be the same specs as their direct products so buying an Eibach spring may not be the right shade of pink.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Originally posted by gab
How much will Kleemann spring lower the car? How's the ride comfort??
Edvpt's post says .7" dropped springs.

Edvpt, your setup sounds a lot like what I'm looking for. Keep us posted.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
It may not be the same specs as their direct products so buying an Eibach spring may not be the right shade of pink.
It's the shade of green that I'm more worried about.

Tirerack lists the Eibach (same thickness, so I don't see any reason to doubt that they're not the same thing) set at $373; that's a savings of $102. That's 5 lapdances and 2 hotdogs! I've got a call in to Luke to see if he knows anything about availability.

While I hate to say this out loud, you do have good points about the tuners and their markups every so often, but don't go and get a big head about it.

NOTE: Luke said that they're listed as "under development" in their inventory system, so it'll probably be a while until they get 'em in.

Last edited by tommy; 07-30-2002 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by tommy

While I hate to say this out loud, you do have good points about the tuners and their markups every so often, but don't go and get a big head about it.
I was born with a big head, nothing I can do about it now. It does qualify me for disabled person's parking though.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone knows if Kleemann has a sway bar set for the C32???
Old 07-30-2002, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by Harris
Anyone knows if Kleemann has a sway bar set for the C32???
not sure, but did you see the post by vadim@evosport? they're working on a set for the c32.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12583
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12638

--

btw, here's the original thread regarding the sway bars by kleemann
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12256

Last edited by young; 07-30-2002 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:55 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Re: Has anyone ordered the Kleemann swaybar set for ccoupe yet?

Accord/MB-BOB (assuming you're not the same person ) - please leave here for at least a couple of minutes until you move to the performance forum - this topic had a good deal of interest to the ccoupers awhile ago, and it IS c class specific. Thanks!
Dude, Accord is 20, I'm 50... 20+50=70/2 =35 avg years... within a year or so of your age, so we understand you...

We move perf. mod. threads if they're not C-Class specific. This thread is certainly appropriate for this forum. So, chill...
Old 07-31-2002, 05:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by young

not sure, but did you see the post by vadim@evosport? they're working on a set for the c32.
btw, here's the original thread regarding the sway bars by kleemann
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12256
Thanks young. Yes, I know Evosport is developing the sway bar for the C32, I've received quotations from Ben already. I'm just listing out my options.

As for the Kleemann thread, there's no conclusion or confirmation as to whether Kleemann has a sway bar for C32 or whether the Kleemann C-coupe sway bar will be a direct bolt on to the C32. I would love to see KLEEMANN responding to this himself!!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:02 AM

2002 c230k
Originally posted by Buellwinkle

I was born with a big head, nothing I can do about it now. It does qualify me for disabled person's parking though.
Now, if they had just put something in it!LOL Congrats on the parking BTW! Hey, I'm just kidding...
Old 07-31-2002, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by Harris

Thanks young. Yes, I know Evosport is developing the sway bar for the C32, I've received quotations from Ben already. I'm just listing out my options.

As for the Kleemann thread, there's no conclusion or confirmation as to whether Kleemann has a sway bar for C32 or whether the Kleemann C-coupe sway bar will be a direct bolt on to the C32. I would love to see KLEEMANN responding to this himself!!
The C-Coupe is a W203 chassis- as is the C32AMG. The bars will fit one to the other.

We dont make our own swaybars- just as Buell mentioned. The price is retail as per Eibach. TireRack buys in huge volume- we cant touch them for price. Funny isnt it - however- that I have them already and they dont???
Old 07-31-2002, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brandon, it's easy for them to sell something they don't have for a lower price. It makes Eibach the good guys. If you lower the car and put the sway bars on, who makes makes rear camber kits for the Coupe? I know MB sells camber adjustment bolts for the front.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

No offense, but what's really funny is that you didn't mention that they were Eibachs when you initially posted your pics of the bars. Well, at least that's funny to me.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

No offense, but what's really funny is that you didn't mention that they were Eibachs when you initially posted your pics of the bars. Well, at least that's funny to me.
Tommy-

No offense taken- do you see BRABUS saying "buy our shocks- they are BILSTEIN's?" Do you see RennTECH sharing where their hard parts come from? Etc etc.

Buell-

REAR camber is still within spec- the geometery of the arms is such that lowering the car does not create a great deal of neg camber. The FRONT however is a different story- the factory "taxicab" bolts will take out or put in .5 deg. KLEEMANN springs dont lower as much as others so setting the toe after lowering is usually all that is needed. The ride is nominally stiffer than with springs alone-