Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Just Returned from Sindelfingen....C350W >

Just Returned from Sindelfingen....C350W

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just Returned from Sindelfingen....C350W

 
Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C350W on EDP
Just Returned from Sindelfingen....C350W

I have just returned from picking up my 2009 C350W (Paladium,Grey/Black Tex, P2, MM) via the European Delivery Program.

I will be posting some experiences talking with MB techs during the factory tour, some additional undocumented changes between the 2008 to 2009 models (thanks to my MB delivery instructor/tech), plus some info regarding the Black Forest/Aps Rally trip and navigating around in Germany and Austria.

My car is just a plain vanilla 350 but I am including a few photos that show the Grey/Black interior and the new OEM tires for USA bound cars originating in the German assembly plants.

Todd
Attached Thumbnails Just Returned from Sindelfingen....C350W-front-side.jpg   Just Returned from Sindelfingen....C350W-grey-black-interior.jpg   Just Returned from Sindelfingen....C350W-side-rear.jpg  
TRauppius is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 10:07 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Spec_Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,439
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
i lke the color of your interior
Spec_Davis is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 11:27 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
white_glass_top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 366
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 C300 SPORT (white)
C350W???

the factory is crazy!!! plus the lil museum they have inside while u wait to pick up ur vehicle. i didnt get a chance to go on the factory tour, due to work. but plan on going back and check it out. But i am curious what is a C350W??
white_glass_top is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 AM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C350W on EDP
Just the MB numerical model designation for a C350 Sport. I think they call these Avantgarde models in Germany.
TRauppius is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 12:51 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
tanktube67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SFV CA
Posts: 4,434
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
so your car has C350W badge?
tanktube67 is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 01:14 PM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C350W on EDP
Nope, that is just the designator on the paperwork.
TRauppius is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 72
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000 CLK430 Cab - sold; 2009 C350 White with Mocha P2,MM,18" AMG,Pano roof
How exciting for you. Congratulations. I see you have a windshield mount - what was that for, GPS? Didn't they give you the Europe maps on the NAV during your trip?

How long were you in Europe and how long is the boat ride going to be for your car? And yes, describe all changes in the 2009 model if you would.
SDGuy is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 02:47 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
who8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Reston, VA
Posts: 328
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
15 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Spec_Davis View Post
i lke the color of your interior
+1. Very interesting look.
who8888 is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 02:52 PM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C350W on EDP
GPS Loaner.....

Originally Posted by SDGuy View Post
How exciting for you. Congratulations. I see you have a windshield mount - what was that for, GPS? Didn't they give you the Europe maps on the NAV during your trip?

How long were you in Europe and how long is the boat ride going to be for your car? And yes, describe all changes in the 2009 model if you would.
The windshield mount is for a MB branded Garmin GPS navigator unit. This is provided at no charge (you do need to use a credit card as a security deposit) for NAV equipped cars as the built-in NAV does not have a European database. I tried to preplan the trip with Google maps printed out with detailed instructions but would have been unsuccesful in finding my way around the country roads and the big cities based on these maps. The reason being that the local and regional road numbers almost never are shown on the local road signs. The GPS based NAV saved us from what would have an otherwise been a tense and frustrating navigation exercise.

When you complete the trip the GPS unit is packed into a the original box and placed in the glove compartment. The shipping agent remove the GPS unit and sends it back to Sindelfingen where it is recyled for the next customer.

I was only in Germany and Austria for 6 days, and drove about 600 miles. The return voyage for the car is normally 6-8 weeks before you can pick it up at your local dealer.

I have another posting on this site describing the more minor 2008 to 2009 model year changes.

And yes, I like the car very much and fell that I made the right choice for me.

Last edited by TRauppius; 09-14-2008 at 06:09 AM.
TRauppius is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 06:25 PM
  #10  
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA
Posts: 3,986
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Factory pickup

Originally Posted by TRauppius View Post
I have just returned from picking up my 2009 C350W (Paladium,Grey/Black Tex, P2, MM) via the European Delivery Program.

I will be posting some experiences talking with MB techs during the factory tour, some additional undocumented changes between the 2008 to 2009 models (thanks to my MB delivery instructor/tech), plus some info regarding the Black Forest/Aps Rally trip and navigating around in Germany and Austria.

My car is just a plain vanilla 350 but I am including a few photos that show the Grey/Black interior and the new OEM tires for USA bound cars originating in the German assembly plants.

Todd
Thanks very much for the informative posts which have brought back pleasant memories. I have taken factory delivery of two Porsches but no MBs as yet.

There is something about a factory delivery followed by driving your very own new German car down the autobahn at high speed (flat out in Italy) that you never forget. And for me the personal connection to the car is very different than a local pickup.

Next month marks the 25th anniversary of the delivery of my Porsche at Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. During the two weeks I drove it in Europe, we drove to Venice and on the way stopped at Monza to drive on the track. For about four dollars, you can use the track apparently as long as you want and I drove it for about an hour on street tire pressures and full of baggage.

The entrance ticket for the track is still in my car's ashtray.

Thanks again.
RLE is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 06:58 PM
  #11  
Super Moderator
 
Glyn M Ruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Llandudno, Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 19,903
Liked 91 Times in 75 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by TRauppius View Post
I have just returned from picking up my 2009 C350W (Paladium,Grey/Black Tex, P2, MM) via the European Delivery Program.

I will be posting some experiences talking with MB techs during the factory tour, some additional undocumented changes between the 2008 to 2009 models (thanks to my MB delivery instructor/tech), plus some info regarding the Black Forest/Aps Rally trip and navigating around in Germany and Austria.

My car is just a plain vanilla 350 but I am including a few photos that show the Grey/Black interior and the new OEM tires for USA bound cars originating in the German assembly plants.

Todd
Is that a lighter grey upholstery than the 07/08s or is it just the exposure? Looks great!
Glyn M Ruck is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 07:21 PM
  #12  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C350W on EDP
New Grey/Black

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck View Post
Is that a lighter grey upholstery than the 07/08s or is it just the exposure? Looks great!
I think you are corrected in noting the "revised" shade of grey. The MY09 order confirmation noted that this interior now includes Ash leather inserts in the center portion of the seats. To tell the truth I barely noticed any difference between my new 2009 and a 2008 that I drove earlier at the local MB dealer; the difference is subtle.

The 2009's also allow Sport models to select the Burl Walnut Wood trim, and it looks good on the Black/Black interiors. I saw this combo in the delivery center.
TRauppius is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 07:24 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,408
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by white_glass_top View Post
the factory is crazy!!! plus the lil museum they have inside while u wait to pick up ur vehicle. i didnt get a chance to go on the factory tour, due to work. but plan on going back and check it out. But i am curious what is a C350W??
W is the technical model designation for a a sedan, T for station wagon, C for coupé, A for cabriolet, V for long wheel base (S-class).
Untertürkheim is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 03:04 AM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,093
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 C250 sport
Havent they always used the Pilot HX's on German build W204's?
akbro93704 is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 06:17 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Carsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 1 hours drive north of Sydney Australia
Posts: 3,714
Liked 41 Times in 40 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by akbro93704 View Post
Havent they always used the Pilot HX's on German build W204's?
My German built W204 came with Bridgestone 205/55 R16 Turanzas which were made in France!!
Carsy is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 06:18 AM
  #16  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 C350W on EDP
Only Relaying MB Tech's Info...

Originally Posted by akbro93704 View Post
Havent they always used the Pilot HX's on German build W204's?
You may be correct, but the MB Tech noted this as a minor build revision.

Maybe they just use whatever is in good supply. Do you know if the Michelins are a good choice as I noted the DOT sidewall markings rate these tires as average to OK at 300/A/A.

Also, the non 18" AMG C300 and C350 models I test drove at dealerships had Continentals. The VIN on these cars were for the Bremen plant.
TRauppius is offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 02:51 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
 
dubulup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1974 Bronco
Originally Posted by TRauppius View Post
The windshield mount is for a MB branded Garmin GPS navigator unit. This is provided at no charge (you do need to use a credit card as a security deposit) for NAV equipped cars as the built-in NAV does not have a European database. I tried to preplan the trip with Google maps printed out with detailed instructions but would have been unsuccesful in finding my way around the country roads and the big cities based on these maps. The reason being that the local and regional road numbers almost never are shown on the local road signs. The GPS based NAV saved us from what would have an otherwise been a tense and frustrating navigation exercise.

When you complete the trip the GPS unit is packed into a the original box and placed in the glove compartment. The shipping agent remove the GPS unit and sends it back to Sindelfingen where it is recyled for the next customer.

I was only in Germany and Austria for 6 days, and drove about 600 miles. The return voyage for the car is normally 6-8 weeks before you can pick it up at your local dealer.

I have another posting on this site describing the more minor 2008 to 2009 model year changes.

And yes, I like the car very much and fell that I made the right choice for me.
they didn't even offer me a GPS...I had to use old fashion maps, ha!

one thing I wish I did was study up on road signs. very fun trip however...1st class all the way.
dubulup is offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 02:53 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
dubulup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1974 Bronco
Originally Posted by RLE View Post
There is something about a factory delivery followed by driving your very own new German car down the autobahn at high speed (flat out in Italy) that you never forget. And for me the personal connection to the car is very different than a local pickup.
yep


then the Nurburgring

dubulup is offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
RickP330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 468
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes C250 Coupe, 1998 SL 600 sport
Hey, did they take off the 135mph speed govener? I see 120 every day on my way to work
RickP
RickP330 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Just Returned from Sindelfingen....C350W


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: