C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C350 with C63 Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:35 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by micropower99
Thanks for the tip. Your car does look great. It's not the fact that the bumper is AMG but I like the look of the front bumper compared to our regular C300/C350 bumper. It has those nice fins on the sides and looks more aggressive.
the sport bumper's also AMG
Old 12-22-2008, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
probably would be cheaper to just buy the C63...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by joshg1001
probably would be cheaper to just buy the C63...
Not if you read the posts that tell you how much a C63 costs in some markets. Not everyone's as fortunate as those of us in the U.S. and Canada.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by FrankW
the sport bumper's also AMG
C63 AMG (Apparently AMG means the whole car has to be AMG )
Old 12-22-2008, 03:07 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
C63 AMG (Apparently AMG means the whole car has to be AMG )
how much do you want to bet?

the entire sport package bodykit is "AMG".

for first time owner of MB I can't blame you tho for not knowing the AMG sport package is optional everywhere else around the world. It's something used to be called AMG Evolution package.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by FrankW
how much do you want to bet?

the entire sport package bodykit is "AMG".

for first time owner of MB I can't blame you tho for not knowing the AMG sport package is optional everywhere else around the world. It's something used to be called AMG Evolution package.
I Know the sport bumper is "AMG" but I'm talking about the AMG bumper on the AMG car.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:17 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I Know the sport bumper is "AMG" but I'm talking about the AMG bumper on the AMG car.
then just say the C63 bumper. makes people wondering less about if you know the difference.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Almost a Member!

W204 C200
Originally Posted by SuperDavid
Hello,

Here in Puerto Rico the C63 price with tax is more than $90K, with performance package is $99K, I paid for a C350 with P2, CD changer 6, AMG wheels 18" $55K. Your are in similar boat.
OK, The reason to modified the bumper is because is 1/2" more wide, for this reason, you need a proffesional shop to cut and fit. inside of the bumper you will see a black parts that adjust to the car CUT. The only foam that you can reuse (From C350) is the center foam, left and rt has to be replace, the front grille has to change with original C63 (aftermarkets grille do not fit). The others grilles are the bottom bumper grille, The basic carrier is the part in the bottom center of the bumper (inside) all these parts names are from the MB catalog parts (are rare parts names), I spent hours looking for which parts can be reuse or not, here you has the receipt, But need you NEED a excellent Body shop. You spent money and time, but the results are there. If you need additional help contact me, I made many modifications in similar car.
To all thanks for your comments, MY CAR IS DIFFERENT BUT SIMILAR.
Thanks David. Again, this part I don't quite understand. You said to change to the C63 front grille. (as in the one with the big star right?) But in your picture yours looks like the aftermarket grille that is the one-piece grille.

I know the original C63 grille has 2 parts. And if without changing the bonnet, there will be a gap in the grille when closed. So how do you eliminate that gap without changing the bonnet?

I want to only change the front bumper without changing the bonnet cause' it's too expensive. And one more thing. The C63 front bumper, does it comes with the lights or I have to get it separately?

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:52 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by eugenemon
Thanks David. Again, this part I don't quite understand. You said to change to the C63 front grille. (as in the one with the big star right?) But in your picture yours looks like the aftermarket grille that is the one-piece grille.

I know the original C63 grille has 2 parts. And if without changing the bonnet, there will be a gap in the grille when closed. So how do you eliminate that gap without changing the bonnet?

I want to only change the front bumper without changing the bonnet cause' it's too expensive. And one more thing. The C63 front bumper, does it comes with the lights or I have to get it separately?

Thanks!
looks like he has the 63 style aftermarket one.

as far as the gap goes, you can adjust the hood and hood latch to make the gap smaller.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:26 PM

'08 C350
Originally Posted by moparrbust
Yeah you're correct it's about as uncool as someone painting a sidemarker light instead of shaving it off the correct way.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you drive a crossfire. I don't mean to be a *****, but to me, that is the single most atrocious looking vehicle designed in the last decade. It doesn't matter if Chrysler or MB designed it. Its just plain god awful looking. So stop picking on the OP. He could put a Ford emblem on his car and it would look better than yours.

Just keep those fingers crossed otherwise you might not be buying another new Chrysler again. (with cars like the crossfire, people still wonder why Chrysler is in the shape they're in)
Old 12-23-2008, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Peter Ruby
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you drive a crossfire. I don't mean to be a *****, but to me, that is the single most atrocious looking vehicle designed in the last decade. It doesn't matter if Chrysler or MB designed it. Its just plain god awful looking. So stop picking on the OP. He could put a Ford emblem on his car and it would look better than yours.

Just keep those fingers crossed otherwise you might not be buying another new Chrysler again. (with cars like the crossfire, people still wonder why Chrysler is in the shape they're in)
Ouch.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM

C350 2008
Originally Posted by eugenemon

Thanks!
The Picture show the aftermarket grille, but was change later because did not fit perfect in the C63 bumper, because the C63 is more is not flat, like C350, the bumper 63 has a big different and look very nice, you have to see from the fender side to compare boths bumpers. The original grille was installed without problem, the grille has 2 section the lower fit perfect in the bumper (of course), and the top has the same 6 holes location that you bonnet has with a black rubber, remove the rubber and fit the upper part of the grille, you need to add a plastic shim to lower a little bit, to close the space between the grille parts. RE-ENGINEERING,
Old 12-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Almost a Member!

W204 C200
The Picture show the aftermarket grille, but was change later because did not fit perfect in the C63 bumper, because the C63 is more is not flat, like C350, the bumper 63 has a big different and look very nice, you have to see from the fender side to compare boths bumpers. The original grille was installed without problem, the grille has 2 section the lower fit perfect in the bumper (of course), and the top has the same 6 holes location that you bonnet has with a black rubber, remove the rubber and fit the upper part of the grille, you need to add a plastic shim to lower a little bit, to close the space between the grille parts. RE-ENGINEERING,
I see. I understand, tried to put a C63 grille into the normal advantgarde body kit. The grille is more aero-dynamic like the C63 body kit. Care to show pictures with the original C63 grille? Thanks
Old 12-26-2008, 06:44 PM

c200 kompressor
tell us about fog lights.are the same or different?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:54 PM

C350 2008
The fog lights are the same the only difference is the C350 use 4 screws and C63 use 3, we add one hole in the C63 bumper and the fog lights fit perfects. The outside chrome ring has to be change. If you need the p/n: I can forward to you. For a complete bumper, We can do another one with all the parts need to replaces.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:53 PM

c63
nice
i like it
Old 12-27-2008, 12:36 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
The fog lights are the same the only difference is the C350 use 4 screws and C63 use 3, we add one hole in the C63 bumper and the fog lights fit perfects. The outside chrome ring has to be change. If you need the p/n: I can forward to you. For a complete bumper, We can do another one with all the parts need to replaces.
how was the fitment around where the fender and the bumper? The 63 is suppose to be about 15mm wider on each side. did you had to modify it or just bend the bumper a little bit to conform to the shape?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:46 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by AWD247
Ok i have a question for everyone.

I have a Red 2008 C300 4matic Sport, I specifically purchased the sport version because i LOVE the AMG stylings.
But here's the thing, I removed one of the "0" from the c300 to make it C30
I removed the 4matic and put an AMG badge, on my side fenders i put 3.0 AMG, identical to the 6.3 AMG badge, other than that I have black powder coated AMG wheels.

Now obviously MB doesnt make a 3.0 AMG, Im not trying to act like a have a 6.3AMG monster, I just love the "Styling". I dont drive like i own one either.

Now dont get me wrong, i have every respect for the people who have spent $$$$ on and actual 6.3 AMG (which i openly cannot afford), but i feel what ive done only accents the AMG styling i paid for with my sport edition even if it is 3.0 and I put it on not MB.

Is there still hate on what ive done? Is it still considered being a poser?
also spare me the if its not an AMG motor its not an AMG etc etc. thats why i show 3.0 on my trunk and fenders, I just admire the stylings.
IMO, I don't know why anyone tries to front like they're driving something they're not. These are nice cars to begin with, to put a 6.3 badge and pretend it's a C63, or a C30 badge which makes no sense, just takes away from the positives the car has to offer. Anyone who notices that the car isn't what it's displaying itself as, will completely overlook ANY good points about the car (for example, when the owner is displaying it in a car Forum), and nit-pick at those faults.

I personally have no problem with enhancing the car to ones liking, for example, like putting on a C63 bumper, etc. but to rebadge it and promote it as something else, IMO is ludacris and disrespects the car, which will allow more people to disrespect it as well.

Also, the car superiority thing is pointless, just like a C-Class owner may brag about the almighty Star on their hood to someone with a "lesser" car, other M-B owners may slam a C-Class for being the entry level, cheapest form and least-engineered of M-B's. It's all pointless anyway as we all have reasons for what we chose (or had to choose for that matter), and some enjoy proclaimed "lower" level cars than what are deemed higher by the vast public.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 AM

2012 Mercedes SLS and 2014 Mercedes S63
I agree with everything that K-A said except the comment about "least engineered". I just came out of a $100k Wald BMW 650ic and wanted an E63, Since this is the last year for this E63 model the Benz manager convinced me to wait. So put my name on the list for the new E amg when it comes out in 10 months. In the meantime the Store Manager at Palm Beach Mercedes (who I've dealt with for years) convinced me to lease the C350 until they E's come in. I really didn't want to because I was coming out of such a nicer car and I thought I'd be embarrased (stupid me)he assured me that this is the most upto date engineered car of all the models and I'd be really happy. Let me tell you, this car is 100X better than my BMW, in every single way, it has every bell and whistle you can imagine. I'm soo throughly impressed with this car that I have a major bug up my butt to get the C63. This car maybe entry level but it is top of the line when it comes to engineering.....I really love it and will recommend it to anyone, way more car than anything in the price range, no doubt.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by popejp41
I agree with everything that K-A said except the comment about "least engineered". I just came out of a $100k Wald BMW 650ic and wanted an E63, Since this is the last year for this E63 model the Benz manager convinced me to wait. So put my name on the list for the new E amg when it comes out in 10 months. In the meantime the Store Manager at Palm Beach Mercedes (who I've dealt with for years) convinced me to lease the C350 until they E's come in. I really didn't want to because I was coming out of such a nicer car and I thought I'd be embarrased (stupid me)he assured me that this is the most upto date engineered car of all the models and I'd be really happy. Let me tell you, this car is 100X better than my BMW, in every single way, it has every bell and whistle you can imagine. I'm soo throughly impressed with this car that I have a major bug up my butt to get the C63. This car maybe entry level but it is top of the line when it comes to engineering.....I really love it and will recommend it to anyone, way more car than anything in the price range, no doubt.
Good post.

I'm not sure about the rest of the C Class cars, but with the C63, when you downshift manually (in M mode, of course), the car automatically blips the throttle to match revs, just like you would have done in a manual. When the C63 first came to market in 2008, it was the only Mercedes Benz production car that did that. I believe the newer MCT transmissions also do that now, but this feature was indeed first introduced in the "entry level" AMG car.

Sometimes, you don't get the latest engineering with the most expensive models.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:11 PM

c200 kompressor
please send me the p/n of outside chrome ring for the fog lights(by message)
Old 12-27-2008, 05:56 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by popejp41
Good point and agreed, I actually wasn't being very specific with using the word engineered, or at least I wasn't using it in the right context. I just mean that within a company, they will obviously build more expensive cars to higher standards and pay for more R&D on them (which is basically engineering of course), i.e the cheaper ones get the cheaper parts, less luxury, less features, louder interior (less insulation and less "air-tight") I guess less "refined" is mainly the word I was looking for.

But to each their own though, everyone has different reasons for choosing the car they do and gains different feelings from different cars. I remember how when going from an S500 to an E350, albeit missing some nice extra Options and interior insulation, I was amazed at how much more quality and solidity I felt with the E. I didn't go with a C because it was too small, and felt too bare-bones and not luxurious and refined enough to me, then I have a friend who recently tried making fun of me for driving an E-Class when "a real Benz is an S-Class an up". I guess that's just goes to show even further how anyone can knock anyone.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:10 PM

C-300, XC70, Wrangler
Originally Posted by K-A
Good point and agreed, I actually wasn't being very specific with using the word engineered, or at least I wasn't using it in the right context. I just mean that within a company, they will obviously build more expensive cars to higher standards and pay for more R&D on them (which is basically engineering of course), i.e the cheaper ones get the cheaper parts, less luxury, less features, louder interior (less insulation and less "air-tight") I guess less "refined" is mainly the word I was looking for.
Your post raises an issue we've seen a few times on this forum. Americans have been led to believe that bigger is better. Not true. In the case of automobiles, European roads, taxes, and etc., have long led to some fine vehicles that are, by American standards, small cars. It makes a lot of sense to pour good engineering into those cars that will outsell the others. So, MB has poured 7 years of development time into the C. The C is it's best seller.

Logically, it does NOT follow that cars like the S and E will benefit directly. In fact, it is likely that the more limited production runs of those more expensive cars will actually dictate that there's less engineering investment in them. If an S breaks down, there's a world-famous MB support organization to jump right on it and fix the car. If 20 Cs break down, that's a crisis, and if there's a recall on the C, it's a disaster. You put your money where it does the most good.

The E will probably benefit next. In the pecking order of sales, it's second, right? A few years ago MB made a drive to Beijing to demonstrate the reliability of the E. Now they'll move some reuse (from the C) into that stable platform for the new E. It might just be a great car.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:04 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by jstaneff
Your post raises an issue we've seen a few times on this forum. Americans have been led to believe that bigger is better. Not true. In the case of automobiles, European roads, taxes, and etc., have long led to some fine vehicles that are, by American standards, small cars. It makes a lot of sense to pour good engineering into those cars that will outsell the others. So, MB has poured 7 years of development time into the C. The C is it's best seller.

Logically, it does NOT follow that cars like the S and E will benefit directly. In fact, it is likely that the more limited production runs of those more expensive cars will actually dictate that there's less engineering investment in them. If an S breaks down, there's a world-famous MB support organization to jump right on it and fix the car. If 20 Cs break down, that's a crisis, and if there's a recall on the C, it's a disaster. You put your money where it does the most good.

The E will probably benefit next. In the pecking order of sales, it's second, right? A few years ago MB made a drive to Beijing to demonstrate the reliability of the E. Now they'll move some reuse (from the C) into that stable platform for the new E. It might just be a great car.
I hope the new E will, however so far the Pictures are not so promising IMO.

I agree that bigger definitely doesn't mean better, and I agree that M-B must ensure its bread and butter model/s show well, however of course if M-B stopped seling as many higher priced cars (such as is the case now), they'd (i.e are) be in big trouble, as they profit much less from a C-Class due to the more affordable price they sell them for.

I do like the new C's, however it was bitter sweet for me when they came out, as I heard they had gotten bigger (I'm a tall guy), but when I looked at them, and a while later, when I had lived with one for a couple of weeks (Loaner), I was shocked at how much cost cutting M-B seemed to put into the new interior, and how raw and unrefined (IMO) they made it compared to their other cars, also interior noise, etc. I understand some people do in fact enjoy a more raw feeling as well (I used to be like that a few years ago), but those are my thoughts anyway, not trying to "put down" the car to enthusiasts, just some car-talk.

I was really hoping the new E would take the new C, and improve on what IMO would make the C perfect for me, however so far, it seems it kind of has regressed on some of the styling, i.e uglier tail-lights (the tali-lights are IMO the worst part of the W204's exterior), they made them even more Japanese/generic looking, that's exactly what I was hoping they wouldn't do.

I guess we'll see what happens, I'm also curious to see what the W204's face-lift brings as well, could be interesting.

Last edited by K-A; 12-27-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:43 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by jstaneff

Americans are also led to believe AMG only puts badges on ones with the motor. the "C63" "E63" "6.3" badge, YES. but not the "AMG" badge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C350 with C63 Front Bumper