Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Beating a dead horse about BiXenons >

Beating a dead horse about BiXenons

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Beating a dead horse about BiXenons

 
Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
jmsspratlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very FAST!
Beating a dead horse about BiXenons

Sorry,
but I am wondering of those that have had the stealership order and replace their lamps with the BiXenons, how much did you pay? Also, when you install something like this, is it automatic that it has auto-leveling? I love the lamps on my wife's BMW X5, and I'd like the same outfit on the Benz. And yes...maybe I should-ve bought a BMW instead...
jmsspratlin is offline  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by jmsspratlin View Post
Sorry,
but I am wondering of those that have had the stealership order and replace their lamps with the BiXenons, how much did you pay? Also, when you install something like this, is it automatic that it has auto-leveling? I love the lamps on my wife's BMW X5, and I'd like the same outfit on the Benz. And yes...maybe I should-ve bought a BMW instead...
Someone will probably chime in soon, but I think I've heard other members say they've paid over $1000 each for them. I saw some on ebay a while ago for around $700 and I think they were bi-xenon. I've heard that you don't get the auto-leveling feature unless you order P2. I guess that sounds odd to me since I would guess that functionality in built in to the headlights but maybe not. Be interesting to hear for sure one way or the other.
Krytech is offline  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
jmsspratlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very FAST!
Thanks.
jmsspratlin is offline  
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 AM
  #4  
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA
Posts: 3,986
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
headlight levelling

Originally Posted by Krytech View Post
Someone will probably chime in soon, but I think I've heard other members say they've paid over $1000 each for them. I saw some on ebay a while ago for around $700 and I think they were bi-xenon. I've heard that you don't get the auto-leveling feature unless you order P2. I guess that sounds odd to me since I would guess that functionality in built in to the headlights but maybe not. Be interesting to hear for sure one way or the other.
Cars with OE Xenon headlights have had automatic leveling of the headlights since at least 2001. It's European law. There are level sensors on the right front and right rear suspension which provide the leveling signal to the headlights. My 2001 C320 and 2008 C300 have these sensors which are nothing more than a lever arm off a potentiometer. It's unlikely that the wiring for them would exist in cars without factory installed Xenon headlights.
RLE is offline  
Old 04-02-2010, 08:51 AM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Jerzeee
Posts: 923
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS 350 F Sport
If you're used to BiXenons then you would certainly need the P2 package or else you'd be fairly disappointed with the lighting ?!?! When i got my ride there wasn't a car with P2 package unless you'd special order it and i didn't want to wait so i went the aftermarket route with Phillips HIDs installed costing me about $500 which i've been very happy with !!

In the future i'd probably just get the factory BiXenons just to avoid questions like yours and the countless of threads regarding them.

Good luck with your choice
omgitselaine is offline  
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 PM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
jmsspratlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very FAST!
Originally Posted by omgitselaine View Post
If you're used to BiXenons then you would certainly need the P2 package or else you'd be fairly disappointed with the lighting ?!?! When i got my ride there wasn't a car with P2 package unless you'd special order it and i didn't want to wait so i went the aftermarket route with Phillips HIDs installed costing me about $500 which i've been very happy with !!

In the future i'd probably just get the factory BiXenons just to avoid questions like yours and the countless of threads regarding them.

Good luck with your choice

E,
Where did you get the HIDs from? Do you have more of the white or the blue affect? I'm looking for classy in a poor man's luxury car.
jmsspratlin is offline  
Old 04-02-2010, 10:26 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Jerzeee
Posts: 923
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by jmsspratlin View Post
E,
Where did you get the HIDs from? Do you have more of the white or the blue affect? I'm looking for classy in a poor man's luxury car.
I had them installed at an aftermarket shop in Brooklyn ... Phiilips 8000K
omgitselaine is offline  
Old 04-03-2010, 08:29 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Richard2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 1,128
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2009 C300 Sport
But the light pattern with aftermarket HIDs is SO horrible! It's horrible enough for me to want to go with tinted halogens.
That's why I want to get the OEM bixenons, but they are too expensive.
Does parts for the w204 get less expensive as time goes on or when the w205 comes out?
Richard2011 is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 12:31 AM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
jmsspratlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very FAST!
jmsspratlin is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 01:29 AM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: washington, d.c.
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
yes. used parts are already much cheaper now.
as of today.. full assemblies will cost you roughly $700-$900/pair for ones with no tab damages.
absolutleo is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beating a dead horse about BiXenons


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: