C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 Discount challenge!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
One of the salesman from Dealer A I've been negotiating refused to match the price of Dealer B and sent a pretty rude email in response to my offer for him to match the price.

In this situation is there anything I could/should do like reach other to other people at the other dealership? This particular salesman has been rude throughout the process, even though he had the best price until someone else beat him. Just looking to get the cheapest price.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by unprocessed
One of the salesman from Dealer A I've been negotiating refused to match the price of Dealer B and sent a pretty rude email in response to my offer for him to match the price.

In this situation is there anything I could/should do like reach other to other people at the other dealership? This particular salesman has been rude throughout the process, even though he had the best price until someone else beat him. Just looking to get the cheapest price.
He sounds like a delight. If you have the choice, walk away and don't give it a second thought.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:46 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205

Forward that email to MBUSA let them know how rude and disrespetful the salesman was; make sure you copy his dealer's General Manager. I'm sure it will go over well at their weekly sales meeting.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CLA-250, C-300
Originally Posted by miketc
Forward that email to MBUSA let them know how rude and disrespetful the salesman was; make sure you copy his dealer's General Manager. I'm sure it will go over well at their weekly sales meeting.
concur, that is just bad business, salesman needs to understand we hold the power (aka money).
Old 02-12-2015, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200T

Let's see the email

no need for names, I guess, if you don't want to show them...
Old 02-13-2015, 02:21 AM

None
Originally Posted by Raido31
Seems like great deal. What dealership is this and who did you talk with?

Went online wisimonson, a santa monica dealership. They have 'true pricing', basically 13% off the c300's. I requested the true price of one of vehicles, it came back at 38,111 (still does, actually). Sales guy contacts me and confirms an out the door price of around 42k. I call the next day to say im coming down and they tell me its a mistake. Really bummed but I figured the price was a little too good. They offered an extra 1k off in addition to the 13% off msrp but they havent called back and Im moving on. Might be picking up from an OC dealership tommorrow. They offered $6,222 off MSRP. Gonna reach out to a few others and see if the can beat it. We will see I guess
Old 02-13-2015, 04:49 AM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Shakeit
Went online wisimonson, a santa monica dealership. They have 'true pricing', basically 13% off the c300's. I requested the true price of one of vehicles, it came back at 38,111 (still does, actually). Sales guy contacts me and confirms an out the door price of around 42k. I call the next day to say im coming down and they tell me its a mistake. Really bummed but I figured the price was a little too good. They offered an extra 1k off in addition to the 13% off msrp but they havent called back and Im moving on. Might be picking up from an OC dealership tommorrow. They offered $6,222 off MSRP. Gonna reach out to a few others and see if the can beat it. We will see I guess
Aww that's disappointing. I feel like it should be possible to get around 8k off MSRP in the SoCal area. $6,222 definitely seems to be not enough. Have you tried Fletcher Jones? I think they're the largest MB dealership in the area. Let me know what happens. I'd be very interested in knowing what happens.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:10 PM

2015 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Vihzel
Aww that's disappointing. I feel like it should be possible to get around 8k off MSRP in the SoCal area. $6,222 definitely seems to be not enough. Have you tried Fletcher Jones? I think they're the largest MB dealership in the area. Let me know what happens. I'd be very interested in knowing what happens.
FJ does not budge. It is better to look at dealership's in inland OC. They do not even give out quotes or numbers over email. FJ is a totally waste of time for me. Try Walters MB/MB Foothill Ranch/Southbay MB.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:21 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Bradf
FJ does not budge. It is better to look at dealership's in inland OC. They do not even give out quotes or numbers over email. FJ is a totally waste of time for me. Try Walters MB/MB Foothill Ranch/Southbay MB.
Oh I see. Thanks! Would you say it's better to go to the smaller dealerships then in the LA area since they may be more inclined to work with you?

I'm hoping to get a $48,695 (includes destination) car for as close to $40,000 or below as possible. It's a configuration that seems to be pretty common based on the inventory that I've seen. Anyone know how realistic that may be?
Old 02-13-2015, 01:29 PM

CLA-250, C-300
If you are willing to drive, bay area beshoff - got 8k off on special order.
Email December Ward, she is great to deal with. Tell her Bruno recommended.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:45 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by bartola
If you are willing to drive, bay area beshoff - got 8k off on special order.
Email December Ward, she is great to deal with. Tell her Bruno recommended.
Ahh I wish I could but that is a bit too far away.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by miketc
I don't think it matters as they're all the same. One of the saleman was very rude to me too when I told him that other dealers were offering such and such discount. He basically told me that since it's the only car he's got, there's no reason for him to be that aggressive. Basically telling me to f*** off. I complained to his manager and he wished me well
Old 02-13-2015, 03:49 PM

c300
Originally Posted by Bradf
FJ is a joke. They bragged about the benefits of buying from them, but the internet sale guys don't know how to handle internet sale. All they do is to tell you to come in. If I want to come in, do I really need to email you for permission first? go figure.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:51 PM

c300
Oh I see. Thanks! Would you say it's better to go to the smaller dealerships then in the LA area since they may be more inclined to work with you?

I'm hoping to get a $48,695 (includes destination) car for as close to $40,000 or below as possible. It's a configuration that seems to be pretty common based on the inventory that I've seen. Anyone know how realistic that may be?
I got $8,400 off a $44.4K car last Dec. But that was with my company fleet discount + end of year sale. I just checked around and now nobody seems to be that aggressive. I'm kind of glad that I bought it at the right time. So, I don't think your expectation is realistic now, in my opinion.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:09 PM

CLA-250, C-300
Originally Posted by huyuci
I got $8,400 off a $44.4K car last Dec. But that was with my company fleet discount + end of year sale. I just checked around and now nobody seems to be that aggressive. I'm kind of glad that I bought it at the right time. So, I don't think your expectation is realistic now, in my opinion.
I am getting 8K off + additional $500 from MBCA membership, delivery in March, my build total was 48,575 - with discount I am paying 40,075.

I think it is still viable to get a great discount, might have something to do with my area (SF bay area) since they are everywhere.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:26 PM

BMW e60
Originally Posted by huyuci
FJ is a joke. They bragged about the benefits of buying from them, but the internet sale guys don't know how to handle internet sale. All they do is to tell you to come in. If I want to come in, do I really need to email you for permission first? go figure.
Originally Posted by bartola
I am getting 8K off + additional $500 from MBCA membership, delivery in March, my build total was 48,575 - with discount I am paying 40,075.

I think it is still viable to get a great discount, might have something to do with my area (SF bay area) since they are everywhere.

My first post here....
I'm trying to price out a C300 also. Just want the rear view camera. Ok with wood trim and maybe sunroof. I've used Edmunds and Truecar. So far I'm getting roughly 6k off msrp (~14-15%).

I have to agree that FJ will not give you a quote "directly". They play the come in 1st game. I did however get one from them via Edmunds and they are roughly in the -8% region.

vihzel-
Quotes I got were from Anaheim, Long Beach, Buena Park, and FJ and others which are not memorable. FJ has said they will match/beat any offer out there but they don't give me a good feeling. 1st contact, so far LB and BP are in the running.

bartola- I'll send you a pm/email to get the dealer info as I'm curious what their pricing/deal would be. How do I get this MBCA membership for the $500 discount?

Also, coming from a BMW with prepaid maintenance - how do I go about getting/pricing this out? I'm also considering buying ext warranty from MB and would like to find out what dealers I can contact via internet for it. Maybe they also sell the prepaid maintenance.

Anyone else with experience in the OC/LA area they can share?
Also is the 14-15% a decent deal?
Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Haven't take delivery yet but my deal worked out to:

$51,250 MSRP
$43,000 selling price

It will come out to just under $45K OTD.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:26 AM

CLA-250, C-300
Originally Posted by directcj
My first post here....
I'm trying to price out a C300 also. Just want the rear view camera. Ok with wood trim and maybe sunroof. I've used Edmunds and Truecar. So far I'm getting roughly 6k off msrp (~14-15%).

I have to agree that FJ will not give you a quote "directly". They play the come in 1st game. I did however get one from them via Edmunds and they are roughly in the -8% region.

vihzel-
Quotes I got were from Anaheim, Long Beach, Buena Park, and FJ and others which are not memorable. FJ has said they will match/beat any offer out there but they don't give me a good feeling. 1st contact, so far LB and BP are in the running.

bartola- I'll send you a pm/email to get the dealer info as I'm curious what their pricing/deal would be. How do I get this MBCA membership for the $500 discount?

Also, coming from a BMW with prepaid maintenance - how do I go about getting/pricing this out? I'm also considering buying ext warranty from MB and would like to find out what dealers I can contact via internet for it. Maybe they also sell the prepaid maintenance.

Anyone else with experience in the OC/LA area they can share?
Also is the 14-15% a decent deal?
Just replied to your PM, check out www.mbca.org

All I can say is try not to leave money on the table, 6k would have been great 4 - 5 months ago.

I know what I want and nothing on the lot will do, so ordering for me is the only way and I did not want 4matic, it's overkill even for norcal.

I have owned 2 5 series and 2 3 series, my last was an E46 (kept for 13 years). I bought a CLA 250 loaded "for my wife" and got hooked on how much Mercs have improved (we had an 04 kompressor sedan).

Anyway, good luck on your deal, stand your grown or come up north and make it easy on yourself
Old 02-14-2015, 03:22 AM

None
I didn't win the challenge, but overall I am happy with how things went. Luke warm deal. Purchased from laguna mb in OC

MSRP:47825

300 4matic sport package
premium pkg
open pore black ash
19 inch black multi spoke
pano roof
camera
illuminated star (haha)
heated front seats
rear spoiler

Final price: $41,566
Discount: $6259

Spoke with 5 other dealerships, most was 14% off msrp, but no cars matched what I was looking for.

Good Luck!
Old 02-14-2015, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by jolt8631
Just got an EM from my broker, in the UK. Seems MB are increasing prices in UK from Monday (13th Oct) - no details on how much and I cannot find any other sources to verify.

Good deal though, on a C220 AMG line, with Premium Plus, 19s, Airmatic, Intelligent Lighting and Privacy in Polar White. List is £39,449, with a discount of £6311, so costing me £33138 - which is 16% off Retail. That price including taxes, MB Delivery and delivery to home.

Just need to persuade my wife that it's too good a deal to turn down......

Anyone else heard about this price rise?
If my maths are correct that's actually 19% off and just £500 or so shy of the discount I just got on my s205 (w205 estate)
Old 02-14-2015, 10:30 PM

2015 C300
Hmm... I will have to go with a $47k set up then instead of the $48.5k set up if I can't really get it down to $40k since my budget tops right around $40k. If I can get $7k off MSRP, then I would be happy. My only worry is that my particular specification, while definitely not really unique, is definitely not as common based off of the inventories that I've looked at. Maybe that'll change as more and more non-4MATIC C300s come to dealers.

I will not be able to do a special order since I will not be back in LA until early June and will have to leave LA by the end of the first week of June to move to another state.

Last edited by Vihzel; 02-14-2015 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:07 AM

Mazda Rx8
Hey just created an account. I'm looking to buy a C400 for my dad in NJ,specs attached below. I have pin# that saves me 12.25% but looking through this forum that seems to be just about average with some people posting numbers near 20%. I'm also a USAA member but my dealer told me those discounts do not stack is that true? Is the 12.25 a good deal or should I try and go lower? Thanks!

Last edited by ober1010; 02-17-2015 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Edit Attatchments
Old 02-17-2015, 12:03 PM

W205
Ober,

12.25% is good for custom order and I would look for 14-15% if it's off the lot. What part of Jersey?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:06 PM

Mazda Rx8
This one is off the lot. I'm over in central Jersey. Do you know if the USAA discount stacks or are these deals mutually exclusive?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:08 PM

W205
Pretty sure the USAA is on top of your best price. I didn't have USAA but my other discounts were stack. Should shoot for 15% for off the lot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W205 Discount challenge!