C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

MB Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 08:45 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
MB Extended Warranty

With the number of QC issues and me picking up my C300 4Matic this coming Monday, would anyone wants to share their experiences (Cost, terms and is it worth it?) with buying MB extended warranty with their 2015 C300 or 400?

Thanks much.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 c300
Originally Posted by miketc
With the number of QC issues and me picking up my C300 4Matic this coming Monday, would anyone wants to share their experiences (Cost, terms and is it worth it?) with buying MB extended warranty with their 2015 C300 or 400?

Thanks much.
If you are worried about quality why don't you wait it out and decide when the factory warranty is about to expire. There is a 15% increase in the warranty cost if purchased down the road which amounts to a few hundred bucks assuming you are financing any of the purchase. This applies to the U.S. not sure about the policies elsewhere. Hope that helps.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Originally Posted by Matts2015c300
If you are worried about quality why don't you wait it out and decide when the factory warranty is about to expire. There is a 15% increase in the warranty cost if purchased down the road which amounts to a few hundred bucks assuming you are financing any of the purchase. This applies to the U.S. not sure about the policies elsewhere. Hope that helps.

If you wait beyond the first year to buy an extended warranty you will have to pay for an expensive multi point checkup on the car before they will sell you one. In Canada at least.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:31 PM

W205
I'm pretty sure I'm getting it at delivery; just wanted to get some feed back from those that has it and how others feel about it.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
I think it's a good idea Mike, if for no other reason, you're asking about it. I believe you can get it and refund if not in the extended portion. There's some dealers who have posted on this forum who are aggressive at pricing the official extended warranty who may best your own dealer.

Have you gotten close to delivery? I remember a post a while back that you got pushed back a bit. Get build or delivery date?

I have no idea how long after official "build date" narrows down from a "decade" before you actually get the car shipped to you.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by cidtek
If you wait beyond the first year to buy an extended warranty you will have to pay for an expensive multi point checkup on the car before they will sell you one. In Canada at least.
It depends on the dealership involved. The corporate dealerships would usually wave the 'inspection fee' for their customers. I was so advised by the Service Mgr. @ my Vancouver area corporate dealership.

Two other reasons not to buy in advance are if the car is totalled or stolen. In both situations (for Canada at least), there would be no refund for the unused EW policy. IMO, best to wait until 45 months has elapsed before purchasing EW, unless your car's mileage is nearing the limits of the standard factory warranty.

Last edited by DerekACS; 01-17-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200T
Originally Posted by DerekACS
It depends on the dealership involved. The corporate dealerships would usually wave the 'inspection fee' for their customers. I was so advised by the Service Mgr. @ my Vancouver area corporate dealership.

Two other reasons not to buy in advance are if the car is totalled or stolen. In both situations (for Canada at least), there would be no refund for the unused EW policy. IMO, best to wait until 45 months has elapsed before purchasing EW, unless your car's mileage is nearing the limits of the standard factory warranty.
Not so. They (corporate store) wouldn't waive it on my car when I wanted to extend (later it turned out that I can't extend, as per below).

Another quirk is that I bought my car when it was a year old from a non-Mercedes dealer (I think it was a Honda lot). After the service advisor looked into why he is unable to extend the warranty, he said that that since my car was not purchased (by me) from MB, I cannot get extended warranty (even though my car was still under factory warranty with no problems, and even if I do the aforementioned inspection).

I am very risk-averse and picky about little issues/noises that shouldn't be there, so extending the warranty was important to me (especially after reading about all the issues with the W245 on forums).
I even called MB Canada customer service, and later wrote (not emailed) them a letter about this, asking to extend my warranty, but they wouldn't budge.
I just got confused by this...Most car companies think of their customers as suckers for buying extended warranties....but MB didn't want my money
Old 01-19-2015, 07:48 AM

W205
Originally Posted by floridadriver
I think it's a good idea Mike, if for no other reason, you're asking about it. I believe you can get it and refund if not in the extended portion. There's some dealers who have posted on this forum who are aggressive at pricing the official extended warranty who may best your own dealer.

Have you gotten close to delivery? I remember a post a while back that you got pushed back a bit. Get build or delivery date?

I have no idea how long after official "build date" narrows down from a "decade" before you actually get the car shipped to you.
Yes, I'm going to pick it up this afternoon; excited!! It was originally quoted for 1st decade of December so I would have gotten it for XMas but it was delayed for a month so here I'm.

Here is the time line for my quoted 1st decade January build of 1/9/2015:
Actual build starts: 12/23/14
Completed build: 1/7/15
Delivered in Philly area dealer: 1/13/15
Pickup: 1/19/15 (delay due to sales person away for training)

Could you point me to those dealers with aggressive quotes?

Thanks much,
Old 01-19-2015, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Nice, lets see those photos when you get chance!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Congrats...Very exciting!

Here's link for discussion on the extension with a few contacts to try. It's a long one, some of the earlier posts may be out of date. I haven't had experience with any of them. If you do or find a deal, please let me know.

https://mbworld.org/forums/extended-...-warranty.html

Last edited by floridadriver; 01-19-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:21 AM

W205
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Congrats...Very exciting!

Here's link for discussion on the extension with a few contacts to try. It's a long one, some of the earlier posts may be out of date. I haven't had experience with any of them. If you do or find a deal, please let me know.

https://mbworld.org/forums/extended-...-warranty.html
Great link for anyone looking to get entended warranty; much thanks.