C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
Originally Posted by cajun1689
Nice review, perfect vid.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
I've been following you on your search for this emblem as I have some interest as well. Have you considered the AMG badge that is in the front grill on the C63? It's one piece that is similar in size and all you'd need to do is shave off the two female parts and add double-sided tape.

I've never inspected the C63 console emblem in person so I don't know if there is a curvature but I'll see it soon at the dealer when I pick up my 450.

Otherwise good luck on your hunt.
The grill AMG badge is bigger size. I think it won't be nice in the interior cover. Worth to try as there are many replicas for few bucks.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by Bourne
The story continues with the adventure of finding the AMG badge of the C63 ashtray cove.
I went to MB detailing and I have the confirmation that the badge existed as a separate item but MB stopped selling it.
If anyone of you can find it in the US I will be happy to buy it from you.
Here are the details and parts number. It is item 125.

id assume you have searched amazon. i saw this:
Amazon.com: Abs Plastic Decal Sticker for Cla C63 C E S Class Amg (Size 19cmX2cm (Chrome2)): Automotive Amazon.com: Abs Plastic Decal Sticker for Cla C63 C E S Class Amg (Size 19cmX2cm (Chrome2)): Automotive

I know the german cars were never built with cup holders in mind, but i constantly have a water bottle in the car. so the little compartment is always up for me. i also found it to be the only place to have my phone. i have the I phone 6plus and it sits nicely just above the cup holders resting on the flipped up cover.

not sure of your day to day driving habit, but you may never see it, if you have the lid up all the time.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:36 PM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
I usually keep the cover closed on my Audi. No bottles or cup except for long trips and I know US drivers are more keen to have this than drivers in Europe.
For my iPhone 6 I use a clip that grips to the air diffuser and it is quite stable.
The AMG badge you found is too large. The one of the cover is imo between 5 and 7 cm wide.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:42 PM

C450
Winter tires

Anyone equip their car with winter tires? If so, which ones? Non-RF or RF? 18 or 19in?
Old 12-14-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by DrC450
Anyone equip their car with winter tires? If so, which ones? Non-RF or RF? 18 or 19in?
i got 19" Blizzak LM-32 tires on the stock wheels, had them on my S4 and really like them.....non-rf
Old 12-14-2015, 10:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by nadeau
i got 19" Blizzak LM-32 tires on the stock wheels, had them on my S4 and really like them.....non-rf
What size are you running for tires? Staggered or did you find a width that fits on both front and rear?
Old 12-14-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by nvestr
What size are you running for tires? Staggered or did you find a width that fits on both front and rear?
i went with the OEM sizes 225/40 front and 255/35 rears
Old 12-15-2015, 04:12 AM

2016 C450
I got ceramic tint 35% and a complete front partial hood clear bra put on today. Looks good on the iridium with night package.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:27 AM

None
Thanks for the pointer - ordered a set yesterday.

P
Old 12-15-2015, 08:29 AM

None
Originally Posted by willywonka
I got ceramic tint 35% and a complete front partial hood clear bra put on today. Looks good on the iridium with night package.
PICS!!!!
Old 12-15-2015, 09:01 AM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by willywonka
im think im going with 15% ceramic this weekend. thats what i have on my wifes ML and what we had on the Audi. i was thinking about 5% but that might be too dark. wish there was a 10%.

Car got dropped off at the detailer yesterday. will have some updated pics sunday with the tint and the polished/coated finish.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe (previous), 2016 C450 AMG Sport (previous), 2020 GLE450 (previous), 2021 S580 (now)
Hey guys. Just put the order in for my C450 and I'm super pumped for it.

Polar White
Black Leather w/ Red Stitching
Natural Grain Black Ash Wood Trim
P2 Package
Multimedia Package
Lighting Package
Interior Package
Night Package
Panorama Sunroof
Rearview Camera
Blind Spot Assist
AMG Performance Steering Wheel
Illuminated Star
18" AMG 5-Spoke Wheels - Black
[Also going to have the spoiler wrapped in black]

I'm very happy with my configuration, but there's just one thing that I really wrestled with (and I'm still wrestling with), which is the wheel option.

I REALLY love and want those 19" AMG Split 5-Spoke Black wheels on this car, but I've never had Summer Tires on a car before and I was hesitant to get them this time based on the mixed opinions/facts I've heard about them. While my configuration is still changeable, I figured I'd see if I could get some informed opinions from you guys.

Based on the research I've done on the web, reading through this thread, and talking to people who have experience with them, it seems the main issues with Summer Tires arise from very cold weather (below 0 or 40 degrees), snow/ice, greater potential for blowouts, and also poor tire tread in general for all situations. I'm not crazy about the headache that comes from potentially needing to change them out every single winter. I'm also leasing this car and not crazy about spending the extra money for an extra set of tires that I'll only be using for short period of time, and only twice during my lease.

I live in NJ, where can can sometimes get a decent amount of snow and have some fairly cold winters, but not nearly to the extent of many other places in the country. Also, it's currently 60+ degrees here on the 15th of December. Beyond that, though, the roads in the NJ/NY area pretty rough in some places, with potholes galore. Currently driving a 2014 E350 Coupe with 18" wheels. Haven't had one blowout in 2.5 years, and only once need to replace a tire because I spotted a nail in one. (My W+T Protection hasn't exactly been cost effective, but whatever.)

I've spoken to some people with 19" wheels and summer tires who have had virtually no issues or blowouts in 2-3 years of driving their vehicles, and a couple who don't even bother changing them in winter time and say its fine. I've also spoken to some people who have had multiple blowouts within the first few months of getting their cars and claim that summer tires are absolutely awful in the rain and during the winter time, and that it's absolutely essential to change them out every winter with winter tires or some other kind of tires. In essence, some folks are telling me to steer away from them and others are telling me to go for it.

What I have going for me is that I don't do a crazy amount of driving. I'll have a low-mileage lease and my daily commute to and from work is like 8 miles total, with no need to even get on a highway. But I want to have fun with this car and not always be worried about my wheels/tires, nor do I want to always feel the need to be overly cautious and careful. And of course, who wants the headache of getting stuck and dealing with a bunch of blowouts every year?

My questions to you guys are:

What are your thoughts on the 19" summer tires vs. the 18" all-season tires? Do you think it's worth it and safe to get them? Do you think it's absolutely essential to change them every winter? Or would it be best to simply stick with the 18s?

Also, does anyone know of a set of 19" all-season tires that I could simply throw on the car and leave them on year-round? Maybe something with better tire tread that gives the car a smoother ride, but would still allow me to have the rims I want? (And also not be ridiculously expensive)

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:26 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by LOGOSDJ

Polar White
P2 Package
Multimedia Package
Lighting Package
Interior Package
Night Package
Panorama Sunroof
Rearview Camera
Blind Spot Assist
Illuminated Star

I'm very happy with my configuration, but there's just one thing that I really wrestled with (and I'm still wrestling with), which is the wheel option.

I REALLY love and want those 19" AMG Split 5-Spoke Black wheels on this car, but I've never had Summer Tires on a car before and I was hesitant to get them this time based on the mixed opinions/facts I've heard about them. While my configuration is still changeable, I figured I'd see if I could get some informed opinions from you guys.

Based on the research I've done on the web, reading through this thread, and talking to people who have experience with them, it seems the main issues with Summer Tires arise from very cold weather (below 0 or 40 degrees), snow/ice, greater potential for blowouts, and also poor tire tread in general for all situations. I'm not crazy about the headache that comes from potentially needing to change them out every single winter. I'm also leasing this car and not crazy about spending the extra money for an extra set of tires that I'll only be using for short period of time, and only twice during my lease.

I live in NJ, where can can sometimes get a decent amount of snow and have some fairly cold winters, but not nearly to the extent of many other places in the country. Also, it's currently 60+ degrees here on the 15th of December. Beyond that, though, the roads in the NJ/NY area pretty rough in some places, with potholes galore. Currently driving a 2014 E350 Coupe with 18" wheels. Haven't had one blowout in 2.5 years, and only once need to replace a tire because I spotted a nail in one. (My W+T Protection hasn't exactly been cost effective, but whatever.)

I've spoken to some people with 19" wheels and summer tires who have had virtually no issues or blowouts in 2-3 years of driving their vehicles, and a couple who don't even bother changing them in winter time and say its fine. I've also spoken to some people who have had multiple blowouts within the first few months of getting their cars and claim that summer tires are absolutely awful in the rain and during the winter time, and that it's absolutely essential to change them out every winter with winter tires or some other kind of tires. In essence, some folks are telling me to steer away from them and others are telling me to go for it.

What I have going for me is that I don't do a crazy amount of driving. I'll have a low-mileage lease and my daily commute to and from work is like 8 miles total, with no need to even get on a highway. But I want to have fun with this car and not always be worried about my wheels/tires, nor do I want to always feel the need to be overly cautious and careful. And of course, who wants the headache of getting stuck and dealing with a bunch of blowouts every year?

What are your thoughts on the 19" summer tires vs. the 18" all-season tires? Do you think it's worth it and safe to get them? Do you think it's absolutely essential to change them every winter? Or would it be best to simply stick with the 18s?

Also, does anyone know of a set of 19" all-season tires that I could simply throw on the car and leave them on year-round? Maybe something with better tire tread that gives the car a smoother ride, but would still allow me to have the rims I want? (And also not be ridiculously expensive)

Thanks in advance.

There has been quite a bit of talk in these pages regarding tire sizes, winter tires etc. I live in florida, so I don't have your same concerns.

My build originally had the 19" multi spoke black wheels, but when i saw them in person, i didn't like black on them. it was a glossy black not a matte black. in my opinion, it just didn't look like the same quality, so i changed it.

and driving up in salted roads, i would think the black would chip easily.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:29 PM

C450
Originally Posted by LOGOSDJ

Polar White
P2 Package
Multimedia Package
Lighting Package
Interior Package
Night Package
Panorama Sunroof
Rearview Camera
Blind Spot Assist
Illuminated Star

Thanks in advance.
That's my car, except for cranberry leather. I'm telling you now, run for distronic plus!
Old 12-15-2015, 02:09 PM

2014 E350 Coupe (previous), 2016 C450 AMG Sport (previous), 2020 GLE450 (previous), 2021 S580 (now)
Originally Posted by Brutus2015
My build originally had the 19" multi spoke black wheels, but when i saw them in person, i didn't like black on them. it was a glossy black not a matte black. in my opinion, it just didn't look like the same quality, so i changed it.

and driving up in salted roads, i would think the black would chip easily.

Well, the standard 18s like yours are also gloss-black, so if that is actually an issue in terms of the black chipping, it would be an issue regardless for either the 18s or 19s. I'm really not worried about that, though.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Johnathanswift
That's my car, except for cranberry leather. I'm telling you now, run for distronic plus!

Nah, the DA Package is completely unnecessary for me as I virtually never use cruise control. I'm cool with Blind Spot Assist, Attention Assist, and CPA+, but thanks for the advice!
Old 12-15-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of all-season tires, I think they are too much of a compromise, I always use dedicated winter and summer tires, but hey, I live in Canada, with 4 to 5 months of winter every year. I see your point though, the fact that you are leasing, and don't want to spend for two sets of wheels and tires. If you are not going to get winter tires, avoid the 19s and get the 18s with the all-seasons. I would strongly recommend you NOT using those 19s in the winter. Once the road gets cold, doesn't have to by snowing, they get rock hard, and your braking distance will be much longer. The summer tires are great in in warm weather and rain, but they are allergic to the cold
Old 12-15-2015, 08:46 PM

2016 C450 (on order)
Anyone have any news if Apple CarPlay will be available on the C450?
Old 12-15-2015, 08:49 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Originally Posted by osubeaver
We are still waiting on an official press release from Mercedes. I think you along with most of us here are waiting for the same news. Once we get something it will be on the c450 website and then im sure posted here
Old 12-15-2015, 09:22 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by osubeaver
I was curious if I was getting it as it was built after dec 1. But my dealer told me 1st of the year, but that it's not available with the c

But he got the heads up on it Friday and didn't have a ton of info. But so far it looks like it's not available for us
Old 12-15-2015, 10:10 PM

Passat
We are still waiting on an official press release from Mercedes. I think you along with most of us here are waiting for the same news. Once we get something it will be on the c450 website and then im sure posted here
I have a January build w/o multimedia. If this comes out I would check that option. But with my luck it won't be available until February builds. I will wait patiently (yeah right).
Old 12-15-2015, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I asked this in a thread I started but got no response, so I'll try it here..Anyone have continental DWS06 all season NON-RF tires on the optional 19" rims? Just wondering if the tire pressure should be different for these tires than the stock summer RF tires that is listed on the fuel door? I'm have the same size tire as stock but just all season NON RF continentals DWS06.. Any recommendations on tire pressure for these on the 19" rims?
Old 12-16-2015, 05:24 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Anyone knows when the AMG sport lounge will be created? It seems AMG sport are not eligible to the AMG clients lounge.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:20 AM

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
2016 c450 msrp 62,510$.
dealer gave me 8000$ off msrp.

here is more detail.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6645551

i'm in the san francisco bay area.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.