C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:59 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Is he BSing you? Cuz our C450s are built in Alabama and MBUSA is not managed by MB of Germany
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Don't believe so, he's been to the AMG plant and MB HQ many times, believe he has some valuable contacts there now. My guess is that he's seeing if he can get around their stupid "once it's locked it's locked" policy by going to him. Who knows.

We'll see, I've come to terms with however it works out. At this point I like both options, however it finalizes is in fates hands haha
I followed up with him, his response:

"Excellent question, and yes a logical question as well. But indeed the inquiry route is Germany as they run the show literally as well as figuratively."
Old 04-25-2016, 10:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by david.kazman
Your car looks special and individual looks good
I also smoked the tail lights on mine c250
Thanks David!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:48 AM

Official word is in, can't make the change from Linden Wood to Silver Carbon Fiber. ****.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:57 AM
asc

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2023 E63s
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Official word is in, can't make the change from Linden Wood to Silver Carbon Fiber. ****.
It was meant to be. It's gonna look awesome!
Old 04-25-2016, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
That means your car is days away from its scheduled build date!
Old 04-25-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mike5215
That means your car is days away from its scheduled build date!
Oh really? Awesome! Wasn't sure what the usual lead time from build lock to production was -- this build locked last Friday. I was scheduled for delivery in very late May/early June, so hopefully this means they are running a bit ahead of schedule. Would like to have it by week 3 of May.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:21 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
I have the linden wood because my wife chose it and at build i wasnt too happy but once I saw it in person I was really impressed. Im glad I went with it. It also feels amazing to the touch
Old 04-25-2016, 11:40 AM

Agreed that the Linden looks great in person (saw it at the dealership with Saddle Brown when I was first there placing my order), I just like how the silver CF goes with the pedals, wheels, steering wheel and switches a bit better.

It's really just a matter of two different "looks", both of which look great...one is very classy and luxurious looking, the other is a bit sportier. I guess I'll just go for the Silver CF when I get a C63S after the lease on this C450 is up in 3 years -- the sportier look matches that car a bit better anyway, and I guess this gives me something to look forward to there.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Just a viewing notice: Motorweek will have the C450 AMG as the main review next week on your local PBS or Velocity stations..

just in time for it to officially become a C43 ;-)
Old 04-25-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Nice! So it turned out the GM was willing to give it up after all
Yep. Just had to work directly with them versus another dealer who decided to be lazy.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
Hello everyone! My first post here. Thanks for the great advice and discussions in this thread. It has been very helpful.

I ordered a pretty much fully loaded C450 with $68200 MSRP. I negotiated $6600 off completely by email without setting foot in the dealership thinking I got a good deal. But reading other threads, I realize the discount I got was pretty average My car had a build date of April 16 and should arrive hopefully in the first half of May. Is it possible for me to renegotiate the car price when I go to pick it up or is this unprofessional? Can I take advantage of current promotions and rebates? Can I ask them to sweeten the deal like giving me free 3-year maintenance?

I am also concerned about the 7G transmission's tendency to have trouble finding gears when rapidly accelerating from a slowdown after applying the breaks. It make me torn about accepting delivery of the C450 or waiting for the C43. But I am reluctant to wait another 5 months! Your comments and advice will be much appreciated!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Does anybody know what the warning light at the 11 o'clock position on the speedometer cluster is. I was driving yesterday and 2 loud warning beeps blared through the cabin and a red light flashed at the 11 oclock position inside of the speedometer cluster. I did not have time to see what the light said... It only flashed twice with the accompanying loud beep... Haven't seen it since but that was only yesterday... I can't tell by looking at the dash what the light is... Anybody know?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:42 AM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Originally Posted by iluvdaBenz
Hello everyone! My first post here. Thanks for the great advice and discussions in this thread. It has been very helpful.

I ordered a pretty much fully loaded C450 with $68200 MSRP. I negotiated $6600 off completely by email without setting foot in the dealership thinking I got a good deal. But reading other threads, I realize the discount I got was pretty average My car had a build date of April 16 and should arrive hopefully in the first half of May. Is it possible for me to renegotiate the car price when I go to pick it up or is this unprofessional? Can I take advantage of current promotions and rebates? Can I ask them to sweeten the deal like giving me free 3-year maintenance?

I am also concerned about the 7G transmission's tendency to have trouble finding gears when rapidly accelerating from a slowdown after applying the breaks. It make me torn about accepting delivery of the C450 or waiting for the C43. But I am reluctant to wait another 5 months! Your comments and advice will be much appreciated!

As far as price, you certainly can ask, but you'll need to look over your paperwork to see what the status of any deposit you made (if any). If you back out of the deal, is it refundable? Same question on waiting for a C43.

As far as negotiating more, your discount is good. Maybe not the best ever, but you aren't significantly over paying for a car. Personally, I try to use everyone else's price as a guide and be happy or not with MY price. I you got the highest discount anyone has ever gotten, would you be happy buying that car for that price? If the answer is yes, then you should still be happy with the price even if other people get more off. There is always a better sale or discount, and if you are happy with YOUR price, ignore the noise. Same thing buying electronics or negotiating salary. Someone somewhere always does better.

I think it would be totally fair to ask them to apply current incentives (if any). Because my first car was damaged before delivery, my initial deal, which was very good at the time I made it, isn't as great now as I wait for the second car to come in. I am not planning on re-negotiating. I made the deal, was happy with it, and if the dealer tried to renegotiate in their favor at this point because transaction prices swung the other way, i would be screaming from the mountain top how unfair it was. But your money is only yours to decide what to do with.

On your last point, I'm waiting for the C450 to show up, hopefully any day now, so that shows my thoughts on waiting for the C43.
The following users liked this post:
iluvdaBenz (04-27-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by nvestr
Does anybody know what the warning light at the 11 o'clock position on the speedometer cluster is. I was driving yesterday and 2 loud warning beeps blared through the cabin and a red light flashed at the 11 oclock position inside of the speedometer cluster. I did not have time to see what the light said... It only flashed twice with the accompanying loud beep... Haven't seen it since but that was only yesterday... I can't tell by looking at the dash what the light is... Anybody know?
Were there any cars ahead of you applying their brakes?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:25 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
Dapper hit it right on the head! That was the accident avoidance kicking in. It has saved my *** (or really the *** on the car in front of me) a few times!
Old 04-26-2016, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450 AMG
W205 C63 Exhaust Tips Interchanegable for C450AMG

Hey All,

New to the forum, and pretty excited about the content up here. Anyway, taking possession of a Polar White C450AMG later this week.

I have seen ebay and ali express selling the W205 C63 quad exhaust tip on their own. I was wondering if those tip are interchangeable with the tips on the C450AMG - without having to change the read diffuser?
Old 04-26-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe (previous), 2016 C450 AMG Sport (previous), 2020 GLE450 (previous), 2021 S580 (now)
That'd be your first Collision Prevention Assist warning. The second would be the vehicle autonomously braking itself to avoid the collision, if you didn't already take control of the vehicle and slow or brake on your own before it was too late.

You'll get these initial collision warnings like that of possible impending collisions up to even 500 feet ahead of you if:

- You are cruising at a certain speed. Vehicle(s) ahead of you slow down, but you maintain the same speed -- the car will warn you to give you time to slow or stop
- Vehicle ahead of you suddenly brakes or begins to brake while you are cruising along
- Vehicle suddenly cuts in front of you in your lane
- You'll also sometimes get that warning once in awhile if there is some object on or near the road ahead of you, even some object on the side of the road (big sign, lamp post, garbage disposal, etc).
Old 04-26-2016, 03:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
No, nobody ahead of me... I don't have the Driver Assist package so I don't think that's it!

EDIT: I guess that feature is standard and not part of Driver's Assist... so that is probably it. There was nothing ahead of me so maybe a false alarm?

Last edited by nvestr; 04-26-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:40 PM

C450
I would think it's probably the attention assist warning. Happens to me once in a while if I'm gazing off into space. Hence the reason I'm not quick enough to see which dash warning is flashing
Old 04-26-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MB C450 - June 2016
Originally Posted by z28lt1
As far as price, you certainly can ask, but you'll need to look over your paperwork to see what the status of any deposit you made (if any). If you back out of the deal, is it refundable? Same question on waiting for a C43.

As far as negotiating more, your discount is good. Maybe not the best ever, but you aren't significantly over paying for a car. Personally, I try to use everyone else's price as a guide and be happy or not with MY price. I you got the highest discount anyone has ever gotten, would you be happy buying that car for that price? If the answer is yes, then you should still be happy with the price even if other people get more off. There is always a better sale or discount, and if you are happy with YOUR price, ignore the noise. Same thing buying electronics or negotiating salary. Someone somewhere always does better.

I think it would be totally fair to ask them to apply current incentives (if any). Because my first car was damaged before delivery, my initial deal, which was very good at the time I made it, isn't as great now as I wait for the second car to come in. I am not planning on re-negotiating. I made the deal, was happy with it, and if the dealer tried to renegotiate in their favor at this point because transaction prices swung the other way, i would be screaming from the mountain top how unfair it was. But your money is only yours to decide what to do with.

On your last point, I'm waiting for the C450 to show up, hopefully any day now, so that shows my thoughts on waiting for the C43.
Did you get a fleet discount as part of your original price discount? If not, check to see if you are eligible via work or organizations like USAA. I negotiated 13.4% off the MSRP plus any fleet incentive at time of delivery. Currently USAA is at $2k so approx. another 3.1% off my initial MSRP. Hoping it stays the same or even increases when my late May build arrives!
Old 04-26-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport
No, nobody ahead of me... I don't have the Driver Assist package so I don't think that's it!

EDIT: I guess that feature is standard and not part of Driver's Assist... so that is probably it. There was nothing ahead of me so maybe a false alarm?
I did not have Driver Assist on my previous M-B and I had the same experience. It is indeed the Collision Prevention Assist. You can indeed get "false positives"; there is one spot on a local side street where the slope of the road is just right to set off the warning even with no car in front of me. The warning light in the instrument cluster is a red triangle, BTW...
Old 04-26-2016, 05:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by bretpfair
Check out this link for reviews on the aftermarket CF pieces. Also has good info on the Authentic CF AMG Accessories as well if you want to go that route. http://c450amg.com/mods/

There is a rear diffuser available through Mode Carbon but is not advertised on the site. User Cgerm has it installed on his c450 and it looks really nice. Looks like you can email nicholas@modecarbon.com to get more info.

Car looks great man! Congrats!

Das me!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450, 2017 Porsche Macan
I've had this same thing happen to me a few times. I finally decided it was the median on the left side of certain curvy sections of road setting it off because there were no other cars or anything else anywhere near me.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:18 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by z28lt1

Many thanks for your response. I can live with the price I negotiated. But I still feel a little irritated that my negotiation was not good enough.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:19 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by tan70ri
Did you get a fleet discount as part of your original price discount? If not, check to see if you are eligible via work or organizations like USAA. I negotiated 13.4% off the MSRP plus any fleet incentive at time of delivery. Currently USAA is at $2k so approx. another 3.1% off my initial MSRP. Hoping it stays the same or even increases when my late May build arrives!
Yes, the fleet discount was included.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.