C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by DeeSass
Wow, that makes three of us...I'm in the Philly area also! Not gonna beat you guys to first though since my build isn't scheduled until November.

As for the "complimentary" night package, I believe MB is referring to the blacked-out mirrors and window frames that come standard on the C450. On my build sheet, the night package is listed as "Night Package Plus" which adds the black rear diffuser, front apron, black tailpipes, and supposedly darker tint on the 3 rear windows.
Do you know how much does the Night Package Plus costs?
Old 09-04-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Do you know how much does the Night Package Plus costs?
It was 300...but it dropped to 200.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:23 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by stolenfire
Hey autopal, I don't think the AMG Performance Seats are available here. Also, some of the items on the Canadian configurator are incorrect:

Notably, the 19" wheels do cost extra, the red seat-belts cost extra, there is NO carbon fibre nor silver matte option for the interior.
Sounds like they are still working out the bugs with M-B Canada. At least y'all the new vehicle being shown. We are still being displayed as a future vehicle.

I am still in a hold pattern. Mercedes is not releasing the cars yet even though my build is complete. I am guessing M-B is still working out some pricing details. My sales rep now expects the car by the ned of next week but who knows.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:38 PM

2019 E63S
It was 300...but it dropped to 200.
Damn, really wish my sales rep kept me posted on the options that came up during the ordering process. I'm receiving my car by 9/9 +/- 1-2days. I really want to paint my diffuser and front apron black, the exhausts, I'm indifferent.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:08 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Damn, really wish my sales rep kept me posted on the options that came up during the ordering process. I'm receiving my car by 9/9 +/- 1-2days. I really want to paint my diffuser and front apron black, the exhausts, I'm indifferent.
Maybe the sales rep will let you swap-out the parts once the car arrives. I almost had to do that with the 19" rims (606 19" AMG® Multi-Spoke Wheels) since they were not originally available on my order date.

I was able to add a list minute change on the interior package and rims but was denied adding the light package the following week. If you have been a loyal M-B owner which it sounds like you have been, I think the sales rep will work with you.

I want to thank everyone on this thread for being so proactive and providing such great feedback. I would have missed-out on a few options and sound advice without your opinions. THANK YOU!!

I don't think you are going to have too much success cutting the C450 loose on I-95 with all the construction/congestion around Philly. I think that we need to test the cars out on the US Autobahn (aka NJ Turnpike above exit 8A).
Old 09-04-2015, 07:03 PM

None
Since the package isn't even offered up here, i think i have to either paint both front and back or just paint the front and swap the rear out for the C63 diffuser + exhaust tips (black)
Old 09-04-2015, 07:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Since the package isn't even offered up here, i think i have to either paint both front and back or just paint the front and swap the rear out for the C63 diffuser + exhaust tips (black)
Akrapovic is working on a cat back exhaust system for the C450 AMG. I am guessing it will have a diffuser and carbon fibre tips, similar to the one they offer for the C63, and knowing the pedigree of Akrapovic, I suspect it will sound awesome, so let us all be patient!
Old 09-04-2015, 09:40 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC43
Originally Posted by autopal
Hey Stolenfire, can you check with your dealer if the AMG performance seats are available in Canada? My salesman is saying he doesn't think so, but I'm wondering if it's because he doesn't want to change my order
It is not even on the preview order list. Wish they were, I always prefer nappa leather. The looks of the seat is just a bonus.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by Xtrema
It is not even on the preview order list. Wish they were, I always prefer nappa leather. The looks of the seat is just a bonus.
The performance seat actually comes in whatever material you select for your interior (not shown is cranberry leather, crystal grey leather, and black leather w/o red stripes):

Old 09-05-2015, 09:41 AM

2019 E63S
Just got an update from my sales rep that the car has arrived at the distribution center in Baltimore on Sept 2, awaiting delivery by sometime next week. Hopefully Tuesday!!!

As for the Night Package, I think I will just get it vinyl wrapped in high gloss black (front lip and rear diffuser, leaving the exhaust tips chrome) when I get my front clear bra'ed.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
Just got an update from my sales rep that the car has arrived at the distribution center in Baltimore on Sept 2, awaiting delivery by sometime next week. Hopefully Tuesday!!!

As for the Night Package, I think I will just get it vinyl wrapped in high gloss black (front lip and rear diffuser, leaving the exhaust tips chrome) when I get my front clear bra'ed.
When was yor car originaly scheduled for production?
Old 09-05-2015, 11:41 AM

2019 E63S
Originally Posted by oldman&theC
When was yor car originaly scheduled for production?
originally scheduled for production on the 3rd decade of August.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:39 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s

It looks like both of our vehicles are sitting in the penalty box (Baltimore Processing Center) waiting for the all clear sign. Did your sales rep have any idea what the reason for the delay?

My vehicle was originally scheduled to arrive anywhere between today or and Labor Day. Once they are released I would not be surprised if both are vehicles on the same delivery truck heading north out of Baltimore.

Is your sales rep still going to honor your 5% discount?

Have a great holiday weekend. We are almost there!
Old 09-05-2015, 12:45 PM

2019 E63S
Originally Posted by iwork4wine
It looks like both of our vehicles are sitting in the penalty box (Baltimore Processing Center) waiting for the all clear sign. Did your sales rep have any idea what the reason for the delay?

My vehicle was originally scheduled to arrive anywhere between today or and Labor Day. Once they are released I would not be surprised if both are vehicles on the same delivery truck heading north out of Baltimore.

I already signed off papers beginning of July on the agreed price of MSRP -5% which came out to be a discount of $2900 plus I asked for free Wheel locks and free all weather floor mats, all of which are listed on the contract and signed off on. However, I am still charged $2480 for the interior package but being that the ventilated seats are deleted from the build, i'm not sure if I will receive credit for the difference as I've heard the price of the interior is now $2150? Not sure if that's true, because originally the interior package was $2880 but I was charged $2480 and it didn't list anything about ventilated seats then, just heated seats.

But irregardless, iwork4wine, will you be applying clear bra on your 450? if so and where? I am currently looking to get it done at High End Stereo in Center City, they're a client of ours and it seems like they're pretty credible as alot of Philly athletes have used their services and vouched for their work.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:46 PM

2019 E63S

And yes, our cars are probably side by side, chilling and waiting to be delivered. Best pals they are, brothers in arms, sorry im corny lolol
Old 09-05-2015, 01:03 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
I already signed off papers beginning of July on the agreed price of MSRP -5% which came out to be a discount of $2900 plus I asked for free Wheel locks and free all weather floor mats, all of which are listed on the contract and signed off on. However, I am still charged $2480 for the interior package but being that the ventilated seats are deleted from the build, i'm not sure if I will receive credit for the difference as I've heard the price of the interior is now $2150? Not sure if that's true, because originally the interior package was $2880 but I was charged $2480 and it didn't list anything about ventilated seats then, just heated seats.

But irregardless, iwork4wine, will you be applying clear bra on your 450? if so and where? I am currently looking to get it done at High End Stereo in Center City, they're a client of ours and it seems like they're pretty credible as alot of Philly athletes have used their services and vouched for their work.
You received a sweet deal. I did OK but could have done better. I am hoping mine will be a little better and my sales rep will throw in 3-4 years free prepaid maintenance when I turn my leased vehicle in 2 months early and with 9K miles under the allotted mileage. He did that when I turned in my 350 SLK well under the mileage mark.

I was not planning on applying a clear bra to the car. It probably is not a bad idea with all the debris that is airborne on the highways. I cracked a second windshield 5 days after the new one was installed. I was pissed especially since it occurred in generally the same spot on the PA turnpike (west-bound 2 miles from Willow Grove interchange). Let me know how yours turns out. Any paint issues, I will probably visit my buddies in Pennsauken at Concourse Auto Body in Pennsauken, NJ. Unfortunately I am a frequent flyer.

Definitely the C450s are in good company in Baltimore. Too bad we cannot take Amtrak down and pick them-up.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:14 PM

2019 E63S
You received a sweet deal. I did OK but could have done better. I am hoping mine will be a little better and my sales rep will throw in 3-4 years free prepaid maintenance when I turn my leased vehicle in 2 months early and with 9K miles under the allotted mileage. He did that when I turned in my 350 SLK well under the mileage mark.

I was not planning on applying a clear bra to the car. It probably is not a bad idea with all the debris that is airborne on the highways. I cracked a second windshield 5 days after the new one was installed. I was pissed especially since it occurred in generally the same spot on the PA turnpike (west-bound 2 miles from Willow Grove interchange). Let me know how yours turns out. Any paint issues, I will probably visit my buddies in Pennsauken at Concourse Auto Body in Pennsauken, NJ. Unfortunately I am a frequent flyer.

Definitely the C450s are in good company in Baltimore. Too bad we cannot take Amtrak down and pick them-up.
I wish I bargained a bit more than the 5% off the bat, it was offered to me as soon as my sales rep came back with the pricing..he showed me the paperwork and the details of the order and before I can even respond, he said "we can take 5% off" being that I'm not the type to haggle much, I thought it was a very fair offer and asked for free wheel locks and all weather mats to seal the deal and that was agreed upon. lol
Old 09-05-2015, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
You two are LIV'N!

I can't wait to see some pics and see what your initial impressions are.

Did you guys try to run your VINs through any of the VIN decoders? I have had mixed results with brand new VINs (a lot of them are too new to have any data outside of Mercedes). But running them through the Mercedes decoder will definitely produce all of the packages on the car.

I'm a little leery about some of my options (like the performance seats). Once I get my VIN, I am going to have the dealer read back all of the packages.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:24 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by Vipershade
You two are LIV'N!

I can't wait to see some pics and see what your initial impressions are.

Did you guys try to run your VINs through any of the VIN decoders? I have had mixed results with brand new VINs (a lot of them are too new to have any data outside of Mercedes). But running them through the Mercedes decoder will definitely produce all of the packages on the car.

I'm a little leery about some of my options (like the performance seats). Once I get my VIN, I am going to have the dealer read back all of the packages.
We are net Liv'n yet ... I am still buzzing around in the soccer dad car (2012 350 GLK). I have had more compliments on the old clunker in the past month than I had combined over the past 4 years. I tell everyone the car is available for sale in a month with low miles. The sales rep will check back with me this week on the status of the C450 in the penalty box. Out of all the bloggers I always thought Tmoney and myself would be the first off the production line.

Viper, your car is going to look amazing. I think you will be fine the designo seats. The seats have been around for a while just not on the C Class in the US. Too bad the C63 edition 1 seats were not available for the C450 edition 1 that would have been smok'n (black seats with red cross stitching). Definitely my first choice. I don't think these seats were even available in the US on the C63 or C63S just Germany.

I tried a few of the VIN decoders. The car is too new. Even the financing companies have no record of the vehicle at this time.

I will keep y'all posted on any updates.
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-iris-1.jpeg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-iris-2.jpeg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-iris-3.jpeg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-iris-4.jpeg  
Old 09-06-2015, 10:34 AM

2016 C450
C450 from David Morris

Originally Posted by GEMsMB
Hi AutoPal, I have ordered a 2016 C450 thru David Morris Fine Cars in Edmonton, - where did you get your good deal from? I haven't finalised prices etc yet so maybe I can work thru your salesman to get similar pricing. Please let me know. Thanks
I just dealt on a C450 from David Morris yesterday...... Which options and colours did you end up with? Who did you deal with?
Old 09-06-2015, 11:44 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Mark Harrison
I just dealt on a C450 from David Morris yesterday...... Which options and colours did you end up with? Who did you deal with?
I'm curious, what kind of deal did you guys get at David Morris? You had to pay full MSRP?
Old 09-06-2015, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
We are net Liv'n yet ... I am still buzzing around in the soccer dad car (2012 350 GLK). I have had more compliments on the old clunker in the past month than I had combined over the past 4 years. I tell everyone the car is available for sale in a month with low miles. The sales rep will check back with me this week on the status of the C450 in the penalty box. Out of all the bloggers I always thought Tmoney and myself would be the first off the production line.
This actually sounds just like the first set of 2016 C63S' builds from last month... they got "stuck" for a few days also, and then Mercedes finally released them... I would think they should be on the move soon.

Viper, your car is going to look amazing. I think you will be fine the designo seats. The seats have been around for a while just not on the C Class in the US. Too bad the C63 edition 1 seats were not available for the C450 edition 1 that would have been smok'n (black seats with red cross stitching). Definitely my first choice. I don't think these seats were even available in the US on the C63 or C63S just Germany.
I'm with you on the black designo seats in the ED1s (although apparently they weren't called designo - none of the 2015 C's "officially" had designo). The C63S that I spent the better part of a Saturday with, was an ED1 with those seats, they are sick.

My main concern is that the car shows up without them. There are a couple threads in the W205 AMG forum where the OP ordered the performance seats and got the sport seats instead. They ultimately didn't except delivery and got a new build spot...

Rebooting this build process would seriously suck

I tried a few of the VIN decoders. The car is too new. Even the financing companies have no record of the vehicle at this time.

I will keep y'all posted on any updates.
Yeah, I think the key will be checking this with Mercedes internal decoder.

Last edited by Vipershade; 09-07-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by oldman&theC
I do noy have a PO#.If it is needed I will get it
Send me the vin number and I can pull the info on my computer on Tuesday when I get to work and check for u.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 AM

2016 C450
Smile

Originally Posted by autopal
I'm curious, what kind of deal did you guys get at David Morris? You had to pay full MSRP?
My deal was somewhat convoluted with trade and finance buyout. Did I get much of a discount off MSRP? no. Did I get a good overall deal? YES

I will post final details after the vehicle is on the lot. I don't even have a VIN yet.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:25 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Mark Harrison
My deal was somewhat convoluted with trade and finance buyout. Did I get much of a discount off MSRP? no. Did I get a good overall deal? YES

I will post final details after the vehicle is on the lot. I don't even have a VIN yet.
Ok, I understand. I had no trade, so my deal was more straight forward. I am curious what dealers in Canada are quoting for freight and PDI. I am being charged $2,495. It seems high to me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.