Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by 430
Any updates on the project?
Well, it's funny you ask. I picked up all of the sensors today and I started taking her apart. The reason I wanted to do it this weekend is because the car is idling rough again and power is not there. Jack (from here) came by yesterday and we did a quick run from 5-80 and he beat me by a car length. He has a stock C32....he got a slight jump, but I should have taken him if the car was back to normal.

Any way, I got the S/C and Intercooler removed from the car.

Something is not right and there is a large amount of grimey oil all through the system. I did have the crimped PCV line on the drivers side of the car, but I'm not sure this could cause this, but it's the logical choice....I have put about 5k on the car since I picked it up from MB, so that it plenty of time for this to happen.

I have another S/C and Intercooler that I'm going to install this weekend, along with the new sensors and EGR valves if I can confirm that the PCV line caused this.

Notice that the intake ports (by the valves) are clean, so I'm sure it's not coming from the intake ports.

Take a look...

http://www.renntechc32.com/oil/

I need to get the car back together to either take it to MB on Monday, or drive it to work as usual if we all can agree that the problem was the PCV line. I guess I could vent those lines somewhere and plug the bottom of the throttle body.

If you want to see a specific pic, to get a better idea of what it could be, let me know and I'll run outside. This is my #1 priority.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:51 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Take a look at the IAT temp sensor. It is on the bottom of page one. I wonder if it is working correctly??? hahaha j/k

The MAP sensor is clogged and looks just as bad. It's right next to the IAT sensor, but you can't see it in the pic.

Secondly, look at the Intercooler...this can't be good for it.

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.com; 07-06-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:55 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shell gasoline says that if you use their gas it will stop gunky build-up like that...
Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Any ideas???

I got the car back together and drove it half a day on Saturday and almost all day Sunday with no major issues. The car is pulling harder and is not detonating at the top of the RPM range. However, that could change if the problem was not resolved.

I ended up putting the newer S/C and intercooler on, along with new sensors.

The S/C is not engaging from a dead stop 100% of the time, so there must be something going on.

At this point, I'm almost out of options. If I can't figure out what is going on without spending $2k in diagnostic charges, then my only other option is to part ways with the car. Wifey has been wanting me to get rid of it anyways.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG sold!
Not that I'm trying to jinx you or anything, you're still married?

GF will KILL ME if if I did 1/2 of the things you've done so far...

That's why she said get a EVO & stop modding the C32
Old 07-09-2007, 10:08 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
I love my wife!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:54 PM

SLK32
Good Luck.

I would hate to see you get rid of the car prior to completing the project.

If it makes you feel any better I had a friend go through a huge Supra buildup and he went through many of the same types of problems you are going through. If I remember correctly the heads were off 3 time in trying to trace and correct the problems. Despite the fact that there was a performance shop and a reputable machine shop involved he ended up tracing down a number of problems himself.

If it makes you feel any better his issues were all fairly small issues but they caused huge drivability issues.

All I can suggest is take your time tracing through the systems.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by 430
Good Luck.

I would hate to see you get rid of the car prior to completing the project.

If it makes you feel any better I had a friend go through a huge Supra buildup and he went through many of the same types of problems you are going through. If I remember correctly the heads were off 3 time in trying to trace and correct the problems. Despite the fact that there was a performance shop and a reputable machine shop involved he ended up tracing down a number of problems himself.

If it makes you feel any better his issues were all fairly small issues but they caused huge drivability issues.

All I can suggest is take your time tracing through the systems.
Thanks!

I installed a catch can tonight that allowed me to get rid of the PCV lines on each valve cover. I ordered the catch can today with overnight delivery, so I went ahead and ran the lines (3/8 inch PCV hose) and got them routed correctly. Thanks to Erick, I was able to get a rubber cap to put over the fitting on the throttle body. I ended up mounting a temporary catch can in front of the ESP / brake control on the drivers side. I pulled the intake plenums back off and they looked normal. Under full throttle I could smell gas, so I traced that down to a busted screw clamp on the IC Y-Splitter.

All is well and the car is running good. It pulls harder than it has in a long time. I just hope this trend continues...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:09 PM

SLK32
Jerry -

What is going on with the C32? Still running strong?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Also cannot remember but did you also mention that you upgraded all the valves to bigger valves Jerry?

I'm sorry you are having these issues but with persistance you will find it. don't give up. Make sure any sensors pertaining ti the S/C are fine.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:41 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by 430
Jerry -

What is going on with the C32? Still running strong?
Sorry guys! I've been on vacation for the last few weeks and haven't really tried anything new with car.

I've asked for help from Finny in the E55 forums and he has given me a few things to try.

The car seems to have it's moments. One minute it will feel really strong, and the next it seems to be lacking power.

The S/C is still not engaging 100% of the time.

While I was on vacation, I told myself (numerous times) that when I got home I was going to trade it on something else.....then I drove it for the first time in a week.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:07 AM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
Jerry dont trade that car in! expecially with all those mods you've come so far with it why quit now!! if you do sell it though i would part it and then sell it...ill buy some of the stuff from you if you do
Old 07-26-2007, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
[QUOTE=AMG-Jerry;2338300]Sorry guys! I've been on vacation for the last few weeks and haven't really tried anything new with car.

The car seems to have it's moments. One minute it will feel really strong, and the next it seems to be lacking power.

The S/C is still not engaging 100% of the time.

Hello Jerry:

I too have had my wits shaken from headaches like these on my 91 whipple charged mustang. I hate to raise this issue for you, but on my car, with Aftermarket heads, larger injectors, 10 pounds of boost, different igintion, large headers+exhaust, the STOCK computer could no longer keep up with all of my mods.

Is there the posiability that you are running into this with our C32's?

My brainstorming here is that you have achieved a level of performance that might be OUTSIDE the stock computers range.

I had this on my stang as it would run REALLY strong, dynoed at 476hp at the wheels, and some days it would run like crap.

I had several noted authorities inform me it was time for a stand alone computer.

Some of the sensors may include, manifold temp, exhaust sensors, on my stang the MAF, etc, etc. My manifold temperature sensor could only read to 200 degrees farenhiet, while the blower was dumping presurized air in at over 250!

Sometimes the stock electronics just don't have enough range to handle an additional 25% or more power due to range limitations.

Good luck on your quest, you have really done an amazing job on modding a C32

See yeah
Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by p rossi
Jerry dont trade that car in! expecially with all those mods you've come so far with it why quit now!! if you do sell it though i would part it and then sell it...ill buy some of the stuff from you if you do

Dude! Where have you been? You live like 2 blocks from me but I haven't seen you in like six months!

1FastC32 is coming up in August and depending on what happens over the next few weeks, we might be removing all the parts off the car. I'll let you know first if I decide to parts ways with her.

Originally Posted by MRAMG1

Hello Jerry:

I too have had my wits shaken from headaches like these on my 91 whipple charged mustang. I hate to raise this issue for you, but on my car, with Aftermarket heads, larger injectors, 10 pounds of boost, different igintion, large headers+exhaust, the STOCK computer could no longer keep up with all of my mods.

Is there the posiability that you are running into this with our C32's?

My brainstorming here is that you have achieved a level of performance that might be OUTSIDE the stock computers range.

I had this on my stang as it would run REALLY strong, dynoed at 476hp at the wheels, and some days it would run like crap.

I had several noted authorities inform me it was time for a stand alone computer.

Some of the sensors may include, manifold temp, exhaust sensors, on my stang the MAF, etc, etc. My manifold temperature sensor could only read to 200 degrees farenhiet, while the blower was dumping presurized air in at over 250!

Sometimes the stock electronics just don't have enough range to handle an additional 25% or more power due to range limitations.

Good luck on your quest, you have really done an amazing job on modding a C32

See yeah
Thanks for the support!

I think that the ECU can handle it. The Bosch ME2.8 ECU is in most of the MB's from 02-05, including the E55, CLK55, SL55, and other powerful cars. There have been some E55 guys that have ported heads and have more mods than me with no issues. I do agree that there would be power to gain from a stand alone EMS, but I wouldn't dare try it.

I'm going to try a few things this weekend and will drop the car off on Monday to have the big boys troubleshoot one more time.

Stay tuned!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:04 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
I know bro tell me about it. Ive had alot going on this summer but we need to get together. Ill give you a call maybe i can come hangout this weekend and give you a hand working on the car.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:50 PM

C32 AMG
Jerry what is going on with your car?
No updates ???
Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by jacek9478
Jerry what is going on with your car?
No updates ???
I have another Dyno scheduled for next Saturday. 1FastC32 will be in town and helping me with a few projects and wanted to see the car on the Dyno.

We will be installing:

1. Larger Heat Exchanger
2. Evosport Sway bars
3. Ported / Polished Supercharger and Intake Plenums
4. New IAT sensor
5. Transmission Flush with new filter and fluid
6. Porterfield R4S Brake Pads
7. Secret Mod that will be released soon by 1FastC32!
8. C&R Racing Radiator
9. Modded Thermostat

I have a detailed leak down test scheduled for this Tuesday, so I will know for sure if there is an issue with the valve train. I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the valve train...then again, only time will tell.

I wanted to finish the project before I did anything else, so the new ported / polished S/C and intake plenums will finish this project so I can start posting some numbers.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:02 PM

C32 AMG

This I got to see!
Old 08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dkflipse

This I got to see!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned

German
cant wait for the new dyno! ..and maybe some pics/vid..
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
OK, we got most of the work done this weekend. I wanted to thank everyone for coming by the house and helping out.

Thanks to:

1FastC32 - Dude flew in from Houston to help me out!
P_Rossi - Thanks for lending a hand....I know you had a late Friday!
C32Used - Thanks for clearing your schedule and making time to come by!
Vadim - Thanks for answering the phone!
_PTE_ - The thermostat works great!

I'm sure my neighbors thought I was running an MB dealership most of the day.

Here is what we got done:

1. Larger Heat Exchanger - Done! This thing rocks!!
2. Evosport Sway bars - Doing these today.
3. Ported / Polished Supercharger and Intake Plenums - It looks awesome!!
4. New IAT sensor - Done! easy replacement
5. Transmission Flush with new filter and fluid - Done! easier than I thought
6. Porterfield R4S Brake Pads - Decided to take it somewhere to get done.
7. Secret Mod that will be released soon by 1FastC32! - OMG was this a pain in the ****.....will have dyno numbers soon.
8. C&R Racing Radiator - Not done Didn't make it to me in time
9. Modded Thermostat - Thanks _PTE_ for hooking me up! Easy to do with the car apart.

We only ran into a few problems. Some where easy to overcome, but there were a few that took a bit of thought.

I ended up not using the ported intake plenums because MB was right, they were warped. After we swapped intake plenums, the car ran perfectly. I had a rough idle for a few minutes last night, but for the most part, it seems like a different car. The car pulled harder than ever on the way to work this morning, and the rough idle is almost nonexistent today.

We took a few pics and I will try to get them posted up later.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
sounds good Jerry! get some pics up

did the plenums warp from the evosport spacers?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:13 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by rlee02135
sounds good Jerry! get some pics up

did the plenums warp from the evosport spacers?

Yeah, I didn't use any spacers for the bolts on the outside of the fuel rail. I seem to be the only one with this issue though.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:30 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
FYI - Before we did any work, Erick and I went to the Dyno. With the IC and S/C cleaned up, the car picked up 18WHP on a dynojet. Not bad....

Considering I have heavy 19's on the car, I would say that I'm losing about 20Whp on the dynojet because of the rims.

+38Whp from my last dyno is much better.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Jerry,

I'm glad your car is gaining back all the power. I am confident that it will gain more and more as you go. Soon, you will have the most powerful C32 in the U.S.

Please keep us updated. This was very good news.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porting, Polishing, and Cams project