First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG

Hey members,

As you read, this will be my first Mercedes Benz. I'm pretty excited to say the least. I found a 2004 C32 AMG with 40,383 miles that I flew to Dallas for and drove back to Houston this past Saturday. I've done as much research into the car as I can but figure who would know it better than other owners.

Like I said it's got 40,000 miles and I checked with a local MB dealership to confirm all scheduled maintenance has been performed at an authorized dealership. It's a few parts replaced and problems fixed through Mercedes and the Carfax is a clean 1-owner vehicle. I had the Infiniti dealership take it down to the local Mercedes Benz dealership for a multi-point inspection and they said it could use new valve cover gaskets in the near future and a brake flush, nothing mechanically wrong though.

It's about due for Inspection-B and I'm not sure if I should continue using the dealership or go to a very reputable shop here that works on Mercedes. I want to purchase a warranty from NationWarranty, does anyone have one? What does it cover? I've looked over the policy and prices and it seems to be a really good company and coverage plan.

So I'm not too sure what to ask but am hoping you all can just start giving me the information I should know and what to expect from the car. If there's a new owners guide already posted for a C32 AMG I apologize, I couldn't find one.

Thanks for you help,
Chris
Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Congrats on your new car and lets see some pix.

Andy
Old 04-26-2010, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Welcome!

c32used started a good thread, called "Newbies start here!" or something along those lines. Best of luck; feel free to post any questions you (inevitably will) have.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C32, '08 ML63
Agreed - the thread by c32used is the best starting place by far.

Congrats on the car and enjoy it. I'll give it about a month before you start modding it.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:58 PM

C32
Welcome to your addiction. You are going to love it.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
I would say get a warranty because our cars have a few electrical problems that can be quite expensive to fix. I have heard a lot of people getting warranties from Chrylser, but I do not have any experience with them. I was fortunate enough to have a starmarked warranty from Mercedes when I bought the car and I definitely got some use out of it.

Thread on MBWORLD about Chrysler warranty: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-warranty.html

Our cars are relatively easy to work on and there is a lot of how to information on this forum. I would suggest that you do a lot of your own work if you are remotely, mechanically inclined, other wise you will be spending a lot of money and you will not know if the job was done correctly. Invest in a good ratchet set, torx sockets, inverse torz sockets, and a good jack.

I have not had a lot of good experiences with the dealerships in Houston, the only one that I liked was the Alex Rodriguez dealership close to League City. One of the reps there really would take care of me. They will pick up and drop off your car as far as Huntsville and they will provide you with a loaner when it comes to warranty work.

Houston use to have a lot of people with c32's and they were very mod crazy, but it seems like lots of them have sold theirs and have gone to other thing. It's good to see another Houston member and remember if you have any questions, most likely there is some one on the forum that has gone through it. Good luck and watch out for the modding because it's extremely addictive.

Last edited by loudandheard; 04-26-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:51 PM

a car.
Wow, thanks for the responses and information. I put a similar thread up on benzworld over a week ago and got no replies at all, I doubt I'll be going back to that forum.

I'll be sure to check out that starter thread for some information. As you mentioned, I can't wait to swap the pulley, install an intake, change the springs, install an exhaust and whatever else might come along. The original owner installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 with bluetooth adapter, steering control adapter, iPod connection kit, Alpine crossovers and I'm pretty sure the speakers are aftermarket but don't know yet for sure.

I've attached the only picture I have on me at the moment but will get more up soon. I can't wait to get familiar with the MB crowd here in Houston and see what it's all about. I hope to make the Texas meet in Centerville this June as well.

Thanks again for the info guys, can't wait to drive home from work today.
Attached Thumbnails First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG-clean-c32-amg.jpg  

Trending Topics

Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
congrats on the C32, you'll love it. thats very low milage, your a lucky guy to get one with only 40,383 miles. (other than those who bought it new of course)
Old 04-26-2010, 02:27 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
congrats on the buy definetly get a warranty cause it will cost you. allot of money to repair you might want to find a copy of wis plus visit the DIY colum on the non AMG side, these cars have been around for about years now so there is nothing that hasnt happened yet before you start posting do a search you might find your answers. keep the C32 alive I just clocked 120k miles last night
Old 04-27-2010, 01:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
welcome to the forum

John
Old 04-27-2010, 01:44 AM

2005 C55 AMG
Welcome! These little C classes are a blast to drive. They can be very rewarding, but be sure to keep some $$ in the bank for maintenance.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
nice color and welcome.. I would suggest you try the maintenance on the car yourself, try to understand it and get to know it better, mechanically. You will be surprised how much knowledge these guys here on the forum have about the c32's. Feel free ask any questions..
Old 04-27-2010, 10:20 AM

a car.
I've searched my owners manual along with the forums, can't find the answer to this next question.

What is that on my dashboard that looks like a huge speaker grill? Does it house speakers?

Second question which may take a call to MB or Pioneer but I'll try here first.

I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in the car and when I switch to the Audio Menu using my steering column controls it shows the word Pioneerne, not Pioneer as I've seen with other pictures around here. And also the next menu for navigation is just blank.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
I've searched my owners manual along with the forums, can't find the answer to this next question.

What is that on my dashboard that looks like a huge speaker grill? Does it house speakers?
That's the speaker for the navigation as well as a vent of some sort. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got a good one. Good service records are priceless.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by chris.bachman

Second question which may take a call to MB or Pioneer but I'll try here first.

I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in the car and when I switch to the Audio Menu using my steering column controls it shows the word Pioneerne, not Pioneer as I've seen with other pictures around here. And also the next menu for navigation is just blank.
it says Pioneerne because its a european adaptor to have the steering wheel control work via canbus. You cant change it

The nav menu is going to be blank, you removed the factory nav

Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM

a car.
Originally Posted by loungn14
it says Pioneerne because its a european adaptor to have the steering wheel control work via canbus. You cant change it

The nav menu is going to be blank, you removed the factory nav

Thank you so much for the answer. I have been searching since I posted.

This forum is great, everyone is very helpful. I'm sure I'll have some questions in a month or two when I get ready to make a few performance modifications to the car.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
Welcome to MBW. You are in the right place for all your C32 questions.

There is a plethora of knowledge here.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
welcome!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:25 PM

a car.
Here are a few pictures I've been randomly snapping these past few weeks of owning the car. I've put in smoked side markers and mirror finish turn signal bulbs. I'm exploring my options to change the color of the chrome accent strip that runs around the entire car...not a huge fan of chrome on anything other than black. I am waiting on all new badges to arrive so I can paint them black and replace the chrome ones currently on the car. Oh yeah and a new grill should be coming in soon.
Attached Thumbnails First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG-c32-3-.jpg   First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG-c32-5-.jpg   First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG-c32-8-.jpg   First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG-img950966.jpg   First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG-c32-9-.jpg  

First Time MB Owner - '04 C32 AMG-c32-10-.jpg