New Member - LSB C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
New Member - LSB C32

Hello all!

I guess we will consider this my introduction thread...

I purchased this 2003 C32 AMG about a month and a half ago, it was posted for sale here. Originally this car was a member on this forum, "Aho" for quite a while.

It now lives in West Michigan.

The car has a Code 3 Pulley, Code 3 Intake, Green filters, LET Tune, CM30 IC Pump, and deleted secondary cats / resonator. It's a quick car.

I bought the car for a fantastic deal with a few caveats that I have since fixed and made as good as new:

- The Bose amplifier was "blown". It was non-responsive, and their was no audio. I was very close to throwing away a bunch of money on a replacement amp, but decided I might as while open up the amplifier to see if I could spot anything. I repair vintage analog music equipment as a hobby, and thought I might as well see if their was any obvious water damage. YUP! There was carbon fouling along the ribbon cable that runs between the two PCB's inside the amplifier. A little alcohol rub down with some cotton swabs cleaned it up. The carbon was causing the pins along the ribbon cable to short. Put it all back together, and back in the car, and VOILA. Audio is good as new. If anyone else has a dead amp that they attribute to "water" damage, I can probably put together a DIY repair guide, I would very much so surmise carbon fouling along this ribbon cable accounts for a vast majority of "failed" amplifiers. Price - FREE

- Car had a CEL for Secondary air injection. Stock air pump was toast. First replaced the air pump relay with a brand new one to verify, pump was definitely dead. Replaced the air pump with brand new unused AMG pump (Manufacture date of 2008). Unplugged the air outlet line and tested the air flow on a cold start, blows SURPRISINGLY hard. All CELs are cleared! Price - $250.

- The car is slammed. Looks BA, but rides like it has no suspension. The car has CUT H&R springs. Ouch. Still haven't fixed this... rather just have to drive it gingerly and look out for uncomfortable roads, or else things get bumpy. Will either go for some plain old H&R springs, or go for a H&R coilover setup to preserve its stance.

So far, I LOVE this car. Looking forward to being part of the community! Any other C32 AMG owners in the area?
Attached Thumbnails New Member - LSB C32-c32.jpg  

Last edited by JNeidlinger; 07-26-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by JNeidlinger
Hello all!

I purchased this 2003 C32 AMG about a month and a half ago, it was posted for sale here. Originally this car was a member on this forum, "Aho" for quite a while.

The car has a Code 3 Pulley, Code 3 Intake, Green filters, LET Tune, CM30 IC Pump, and deleted secondary cats / resonator. It's a quick car.

I bought the car for a fantastic deal with a few caveats that I have since fixed and made as good as new:

- The Bose amplifier was "blown". It was non-responsive, and their was no audio. I was very close to throwing away a bunch of money on a replacement amp, but decided I might as while open up the amplifier to see if I could spot anything. I repair vintage analog music equipment as a hobby, and thought I might as well see if their was any obvious water damage. YUP! There was carbon fouling along the ribbon cable that runs between the two PCB's inside the amplifier. A little alcohol rub down with some cotton swabs cleaned it up. The carbon was causing the pins along the ribbon cable to short. Put it all back together, and back in the car, and VOILA. Audio is good as new. If anyone else has a dead amp that they attribute to "water" damage, I can probably put together a DIY repair guide, I would very much so surmise carbon fouling along this ribbon cable accounts for a vast majority of "failed" amplifiers. Price - FREE

- Car had a CEL for Secondary air injection. Stock air pump was toast. First replaced the air pump relay with a brand new one to verify, pump was definitely dead. Replaced the air pump with brand new unused AMG pump (Manufacture date of 2008). Unplugged the air outlet line and tested the air flow on a cold start, blows SURPRISINGLY hard. All CELs are cleared! Price - $250.

- The car is slammed. Looks BA, but rides like it has no suspension. The car has CUT H&R springs. Ouch. Still haven't fixed this... rather just have to drive it gingerly and look out for uncomfortable roads, or else things get bumpy. Will either go for some plain old H&R springs, or go for a H&R coilover setup to preserve its stance.

So far, I LOVE this car. Looking forward to being part of the community! Any other C32 AMG owners in the area?

There's several in the Chicagoland area.................Western Michigan is like the boonies to us!!

Those frost bitten Michigan roads are going to ruin your fillings with that set-up...........

MSP and counties are going to be all over that car!!! He's got/had the same engine mods I do, so it should be relatively quick. If and when we get a US 41 Track Day, you can drive her down there. I think they may have changed their name recently though like to "Ultimate Speed" or something??

Last edited by Newzchspy; 07-26-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:19 PM

C32, 911 SC
Welcome and congrats on your purchase!

I think H&R coilover is affordable and has great reviews from users here. I have been looking for a good setup as well, so do share if you find one for cheap.

Any planned mods?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
welcome!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/U][/I][/B]
There's several in the Chicagoland area.................Western Michigan is like the boonies to us!!

Those frost bitten Michigan roads are going to ruin your fillings with that set-up...........

MSP and counties are going to be all over that car!!! He's got/had the same engine mods I do, so it should be relatively quick. If and when we get a US 41 Track Day, you can drive her down there. I think they may have changed their name recently though like to "Ultimate Speed" or something??
Yeah the roads are definitely ****, and that is being nice. Luckily it stays in town / highway mostly.

I'm down in Kalamazoo, not too far from the Chicagoland area at all. It definitely attracts the attention of just about everyone... US 131 Motorsports Park is one of the nicer dragstrips in the Midwest, and its only about 15 minutes away
Old 07-27-2011, 12:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Welcome to the forum!!!! car looks SSSSEEEEEXXXYYYYYY!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
haha seen this car many times, always loved the color!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by JNeidlinger
Hello all!

Basically, with the CUT springs, it doesn't
Old 07-27-2011, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
welcome!
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...coilovers.html
Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Laguna Seca Blue
Wonder what happened to that car
Another X-Country purchase
Old 07-27-2011, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
awww Aho's ride, glad you love the car amigo! and welcome to the forums!