C32 vs M3 vs S4

VIDEO: http://golem.s4biturbo.com/vids/s4_m3_c32_amus.wmv

AMS test:
http://nfs4-forum.gamigo.de/attachme...?postid=244988
Old 06-23-2003, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, C32, ML320
This is getting old....

Do a search. There are many videos and tests that go one way or another.

What the car is like on the street, in the real world, is what counts. C32 performance is easily repeatable by normal drivers on normal roads.

Furthermore, the cars appeal to two different audiences.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:26 AM

2003 C32
Figures..

Just about the time we get the Audi apologist to take a break from posting, along comes someone who wants to quote M3 stats.

Someone with some free time translate "Best of luck with your engine not exploding" into Italian and send it to him.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:31 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Just a note: M3 with SMG can reproduce the 4.8 seconds all day long. Launch control on SMG will provide optimal acceleration all day long.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally posted by Thai
Just a note: M3 with SMG can reproduce the 4.8 seconds all day long. Launch control on SMG will provide optimal acceleration all day long.

All day long? as long as you don't do more than 2 of these launches in a day. Then the computer shuts it down because the clutch has overheated
Old 06-24-2003, 04:51 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
For US M3, there is no limit on the launches. BTW, never heard of computer shutting down SMG. Have you?? Can you show me please.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:03 PM

E55, C32, ML320
SMG not that great

Originally posted by bverotti
....there are 5 or 6 modes to choose from and there is a 'slow' gear shift mode and driving normally.
After changing to 'fast' mode the gear shift were very fast, but not as smooth as the C32. We did not test the 'launch' mode because the BMW mech said that using this mode in WOT often would wear out the tranny parts very quickly.
Wonder why the SMG hasn't sold so well...
Old 06-25-2003, 01:31 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
For US M3, there is no limit on the launches. BTW, never heard of computer shutting down SMG. Have you?? Can you show me please.
there's a time limit between each launch, but no limit on the launches. Multiple launches in a single day however is not recommanded.

btw, I've seen that video, the M3 ranked LAST because it's not as comfortable and pratical enough for everyday.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:21 AM

I can't beleive this...

blando- So is it that street driving is the only thing that counts, what about the track? Could you please explain this to me, I am having a hard time w/ it.

AlpharretaC32- You guys still can't get over the fact that for a LIMITED time period M3 engines were prone to blowing up? You make it sound like a brand new 03' is gonna blow up right when you drive off the lot. Why are you getting so defensive?

The amount of idiots out there sure do amaze me!

Cheers.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:36 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Re: I can't beleive this...

Originally posted by AmgBoy
blando- So is it that street driving is the only thing that counts, what about the track? Could you please explain this to me, I am having a hard time w/ it.

AlpharretaC32- You guys still can't get over the fact that for a LIMITED time period M3 engines were prone to blowing up? You make it sound like a brand new 03' is gonna blow up right when you drive off the lot. Why are you getting so defensive?

Cheers.
agree with what you said especially what you said about the blown engine comment. except, well, he didn't say street driving is the only thing that counts, but it is in fact what 99% of the people buy the cars for. People buy the M3 because they like the car or maybe they got the car because it offers them a manual transmission, and people that buy the C32 like their cars as well for comfort while having the similar type of performance as the M3 or maybe because they want a 4-door.

btw, wow, the AMS test showed the C32 run 13.2 second for 400m (1/4 mile) and the M3 ran a even more impressive 13 flat...WOW. also 4.8 second for the M3 to reach 100km/h (62mph) and 5 flat for the C32.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-25-2003 at 03:41 AM.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:03 AM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
SMG sucks, yes.

SMG II is Awsome!!!!

But I still like the C32...and the M3....oh whatever they are both great cars.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:32 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
M3 with SMG has sold very well...in fact, according to my dealer, MOST M3's they order are SMGII M3.

Most M3 SMG owners do NOT use the automatic mode, except when answering cell phones. SMG is just as smooth as a TRUE manual transmission. So, if you love the torque converter, then you would not like a manual transmission nor SMGII. However, if you want pure performance with no power-sapping torque converter, then SMGII or MT is the way to go.

Last edited by Thai; 06-25-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:52 PM

FrankW...

Now that I look back on it I agree w/ your comment about 99 % of drivers only care about road driving. I am glad there is atleast 1 C32 driver out there who can respect both cars and get past the blown engine deal.

Cheers.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:23 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Re: FrankW...

Now that I look back on it I agree w/ your comment about 99 % of drivers only care about road driving. I am glad there is atleast 1 C32 driver out there who can respect both cars and get past the blown engine deal.

Cheers.
AmgBoy,

So then you'll be apologizing for completely misinterpreting my post and then calling me an idiot.

You should watch what you call people. You never know when you may run into them in the real world.

Last edited by blando; 06-25-2003 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:28 PM

E55, C32, ML320
M3 with SMG has sold very well...in fact, according to my dealer, MOST M3's they order are SMGII M3.
The dealer here had given me the exact opposite information, saying that MT was the strong preference. Wonder what the worldwide sales data indicates? I have a contact at BMW USA and will see if he has the #s.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:37 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Originally posted by xyzpl
SMG sucks, yes.

SMG II is Awsome!!!!

But I still like the C32...and the M3....oh whatever they are both great cars.
I agree. They are both great cars. That's why this thread is a waste of time. In fact that was my first comment and this thread should have ended there!

Are we going to go through this everytime a BMW owner starts yet another one of these threads? Don't they have anything better to do? Aren't there boards for BMW owners? If not, shouldn't the M5 guys be trolling the E55 board? Or is the competition too stiff there?

Last edited by blando; 06-25-2003 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:22 PM

Blando...

If you feel that I misinterpreted you statement, I am sorry. I probably changed what you said a little bit, and a little bit is too much. On the matter of calling you an idiot, there is a reason why I made that statement at the end of my post and didn't direct it at anybody specifically. I wasn't calling you an idiot in all honestly, I was more disgusted with the other person I wrote to who made a statement about engines blowing up.

I apalogize if I was rude and if you didn't understand what I was saying. The fact is there is no reason to argue on the internet especially with the C32 vs. M3 topic, it will never be settled.

I am not even gonna respond to the last sentence of your post.

Cheers.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:05 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Well AmgBoy, if you wanted to call the other guy an idiot you could have done a much better job of it. You grouped us both together with that comment. And anyway, the other guy was poking fun with his comment if you didn't get that.

Furthermore, I don't understand what you had to gain by taking the conversation in that direction. Do you believe your comments were constructive? Do you think people will respond well when you shift from discussing the cars to personal attacks? Why call anyone an idiot in an open forum designed for people to enjoy conversing about their cars? Except possibly to insult somebody that you may end up running into some day at, perhaps, a group driving event. Especially once you give up that M5 in favor of the E55....
Old 06-26-2003, 10:19 PM

Well...

Why can't you except my apology and move on, I don't understand.

As far as the comment about the E55, I would rather drive a manual, I am not a pus*y!

Good luck in life man.

Cheers.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:53 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Re: Well...

As far as the comment about the E55, I would rather drive a manual, I am not a pus*y!

Good luck in life man.

Cheers.
So if by extension, all AMG owners are pus*ies, then why troll these forums? You must have an awful lot of time on your hands.

I'd say you're the guy who needs luck in life. Hopefully you only pull this crap when you're behind a keyboard.

Old 06-27-2003, 02:39 AM

Well....

There is this one thing and a lot of people do it and it's called joking! Ofcourse I don't think just because you drive an auto your a sissy, thats ridiculous and I was just kiddin around. You need to lighten up, I opologized for my post and you wouldn't accept it and now you get all offensive over this, just relax! As for the reason I browse this board, because I think AMG cars are well built respectable cars and I enjoy reading about them. I happen to highly respect a lot of members on this board, your just not one of them.

I agree this thread is a waste of time, I can't beleive I am breaking my own rule of arguing on the net! I guess I just couldn't let a joke like you get in the last word!!

Cheers buddy!
Old 06-27-2003, 05:59 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Re: Well....

I happen to highly respect a lot of members on this board, your just not one of them.
I guess I just couldn't let a joke like you get in the last word!!
Cheers buddy!
Yeah, I wonder how many people around here respect you with comments like those.

Like I said, I guess it's easy for you to talk crap when you're hiding behind a keyboard...
Old 06-28-2003, 12:22 AM

Well....

A lot of the members show me respect and I am pretty sure they do respect me. Just because I dislike you, why would they not respect me for that, that would be ridiculous!

You act like I am scared of you or something, this just isn't the case, I'll talk sh*t to your face, I am not intimidated.

This thread is getting ridiculous. I tried to apologize, you wouldn't accept it and kept pushing me and I am not gonna let myself fall to your level.

Good luck buddy, and no need to reply because I won't check this thread anymore.

Cheers.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:06 AM

E55, C32, ML320
Re: Well....

A lot of the members show me respect and I am pretty sure they do respect me.

This thread may not have been a waste of time after all. Your comments speak volumes about you. Let me know if you're ever in NYC, I'd love to meet you.