Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb *!* New chip for C32 *!*

ASE has just developed a new chip for the C32,

IT FEELS AMAZING!

It helped me get into mid 12's!!!!!

Its not just a "flashed stock chip" It is easily removable at your convenience with simple hand tools!

A friend of mine road in my car after I had the chip installed and said "It feels more impressive than when you put the pullies on"

They have a chip for the stock C32 and ones with Pullies and mods, They custom tune the chips to your car!

Send me an email if you want more info!

Theloser0@aol.com
Nima M.
It feels incredible!!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
how much is the main question! :p

Jerry
Old 06-26-2003, 04:45 PM

The price of the chip is $999.00 regurlarly, But for a short time we can do the chips custom programmed for $899.00. Feel free to email me with any questions! THELOSER0@AOL.COM

ps. there is a typo on there web page, the chip is not $799
Old 06-26-2003, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally posted by N.M.M.
The price of the chip is $999.00 regurlarly, But for a short time we can do the chips custom programmed for $899.00. Feel free to email me with any questions! THELOSER0@AOL.COM

ps. there is a typo on there web page, the chip is not $799
Huh, we tried the ASE and it sucked! Maybe it has improved. I would be interested to see the car on the dyno and compare it to the powerchip software. BTW, Vadim's car is now pushin almost 340 at the wheels (70hp gain)!

Thanks

Brad
Old 06-26-2003, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Originally posted by otoupalik
Huh, we tried the ASE and it sucked! Maybe it has improved. I would be interested to see the car on the dyno and compare it to the powerchip software. BTW, Vadim's car is now pushin almost 340 at the wheels (70hp gain)!

Thanks

Brad
Brad, your back!
I had ASE in my C240, I think it werked..
Anyway,, They have dyno at ASE..Post results..
Old 06-27-2003, 07:16 AM

I will be at EvoSport at 5:00 on friday to have it dynoed,

Vadims car also has headers.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:18 AM

Also ASE says you never brought them a car to tune on. They just made you guys a chip with out dyno tuning the car.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:02 AM

Also Vadim never told me that ASE sucks... All he said to me was that "there was a flat spot on the dyno".... Not " it sucked! " I dont bad mouth your products. I have had problems with your products as well. A major problem at that.

You never posted anything about that and either did I.

Vadims 70 hp gain is with pullies and all your companies mods. Not just a chip.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
So Nima, is this YOUR product or ASE's? If this is YOUR's, then you are violating the Terms of Use by posting this thread. If it is ASE's, then you have no vested interest and should be happy to hear other input. Obviously ASE will make excuses, simply the product did not do what they said it would. The fact that we took it off of the car and decided not to sell them and wait over 6 months till we could find something that worked, should support our position. If the new version is better, awesome!

Yea, you had a problem on your car, we fixed it no questions asked. Talk about it or not, it has NO correlation to this discussion.

Also, no one has said anything about what comprises our gains. This thread was about ASE, and as a REAL USER of ASE, I am more then entitled to state our opinion!

Thanks

Brad
Old 06-27-2003, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
What's up with the continual hard selling and badmouthing of competitor products? This is quite a turnoff!
Old 06-27-2003, 04:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It has nothing to do with hardselling and badmouthing products. We tested several different companies' software before finding one that we found worthy of being on a Mercedes. In fact, if you search through the old posts, we were quite skeptical about Powerchips until we were able to verify that their software meets the gains they post. We questioned their ability, and then after confirming, admited that their gains are real. We tested ASE, and we were not happy with the results; which is why we didn't have software to offer 6 months ago. No one would have questioned us if we chose to resell their software, but once again, by being honest and forthright, our motives are questioned. We had Powerchip custom tune our car because they are the best; end of story.

If you take our posts to be nothing more than hard-selling tactics, then go out and buy the other product; after all we did several times. But most people want to do it right the first time, rather than purchasing software from multiple different companies until finding the best.

Nevertheless, as NMM posted, his car will be dyno'd in our shop next week, where all his modifications will be noted and accounted for everyone to see.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 06-27-2003, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
ASE is not a compeitor of Evo Sport.
Evo Sport is a distributor.
If ASE had a chip that they felt was good, they would sell the heck out of it..
Evo Sport is doing a product line (Wheels and stuff)
Old 06-27-2003, 05:06 PM

Thumbs down

C'mon guys, open a new thread if you want to bash each other.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:44 AM

I deffinetly reccomend a computer chip by ASE,

I just got back from the dyno , The chip on the dyno today gave me 38.2 horse power at the wheels!! No other company has come close to these numbers! And it proves that Power Chip is not "the best" in MY OPINION, The chip belongs to ASE and it is there product not mine I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.

I was at Evo today and if you want to know what happened call Vadim! Ask him personally what horse power I made today!

He asked me not to post the dyno graph yet, but I will say that the ASE chip made alot more power at the wheels than the Power Chip.

I am not bashing anyone! Just stating my opinions about the result I got from the ASE chip. To me it is simply amazing!

ASE has not started to sell this chip until now because they just made this file.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:50 AM

2002 C-32 AMG Renntech
And the Evosport response is?
Old 06-28-2003, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by N.M.M.
I deffinetly reccomend a computer chip by ASE,

I just got back from the dyno , The chip on the dyno today gave me 38.2 horse power at the wheels!! No other company has come close to these numbers! And it proves that Power Chip is not "the best" in MY OPINION, The chip belongs to ASE and it is there product not mine I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.

I was at Evo today and if you want to know what happened call Vadim! Ask him personally what horse power I made today!

He asked me not to post the dyno graph yet, but I will say that the ASE chip made alot more power at the wheels than the Power Chip.

I am not bashing anyone! Just stating my opinions about the result I got from the ASE chip. To me it is simply amazing!

ASE has not started to sell this chip until now because they just made this file.
You seem much more defensive than a simple customer would be. What is your relation to ASE beyond that of being a customer? What involvement do you have with them?
Old 06-28-2003, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
OK, lets clear a couple of things up.

As many of you are aware we have been searching for MB software for number of years now.

In the field of software companies that offer "chips" there are two kinds. One kind are resellers, they simply buy premade files from other companies and resell them. They are the ones that typically make inflated claims.

The other kind is the one that is actually able to modify the file and tune to car's particular needs. Most of those companies are in Europe and between the distance and time difference are very hard to deal with in timely manner.

Last year we came accross ASE Chips that claimed big numbers. They were local in SoCal, so we gave them a try. After installing their chip in our C32's DME we took the car to the dyno.

No gains, no even 1HP. There was however a dead spot at certain throttle angles that made the car feel underpowered. So we went back in for another version. Same story, no gain and dead spot was still there. After trying several more times we finaly gave up with them.

There was another company that claimed to have "special" AMG files, but the car would not even start with any of them.

Now lets fast forward to today. We are working with Powerchips because they have the software to modify the files and they in SoCal. Their program downloads factory file, runs a special algorithm that identifies ignition, fuel and other maps. Than they are displayed in 3D and are easily modified on the dyno.

So far we were able to get 12HP with a very, very mild ignition maps. Since we ran out of time on that particular day we have been working with part throttle maps over the last several months.

Next week we are going back for further WOT tuning, so the current HP gain is nowhere near finalized.

Now, about Nima's dyno numbers. In May his car made 315HP/313TQ with ODPS and some other small mods to intake and exhaust. We only made one run as we were out of time. Typically the DME will get a bit more aggressive as more runs are made.

Last night on the first run it made 340HP/337TQ. We added four gallons of 100 octane which brought total octane to 94. After two more runs we were at 353HP/350TQ.

Impressive indeed. Just to make sure it is not a fluke, we are going to redyno his car on Tuesday with stock software and ASE back to back.

My guess is that his stock number will be higher than 315HP.

Lets wait 'till Tuesday. Stay tuned.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:15 PM
av2

C32 AMG
Regardless if N.N.M is being defensive or offensive towards EVOsport's skeptical responses, he is trying to point out how this chip works for him. As we all know, his car is the fastest among C32s on this board, right? EVOsport wants to point out Power Chip is better, so let's all see if this is true or faulse. As a potential client, I want to know what chip works the best consider they aren't cheap.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
The big problem with all these tests is that no one knows what octane gas is in these cars. Someone may say there is 91 octane in his tank but who knows for sure. My car makes 308hp on 91 octane gas with the ODPS, but with 94 octane it will make 325hp.

It will be interesting to see what the car makes for horsepower with the stock chip. Guess we will wait and see.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:50 PM

Thank you very much Av2, finally someone listens and comprehends what I am saying.

I dont even want to reply anymore to all this! Im sick of it!

To me it is this simple:
Whichever chip manufacturer makes to most hp for my car, I will buy there chip. Chips are expensive, and I am not a multi-billionare. I just want to get my moneys worth.

I am over all this bickering, I will be there on tuesday.

One more question Vadim, You said that you guys are still working on the chip? I thought you chip was already for sale?

Either way I care very little about everything, See you on Tues
Old 06-29-2003, 01:04 AM

I want to see this ASE chip dynoed with normal premium (91 to 93) octane gasoline with stock intake, exhaust, headers, etc. Show me those results and then I might buy the chip. Otherwise, most all of these numbers don't mean a thing to me.

Last edited by AMG Fan; 06-29-2003 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
We are still finalizing settings. They will be complete this week.

On a stock car I do not expect much of HP/TQ gain to justify the software change. When more boost is added and intake/exhaust opened up then there is more gain to be had in retuning the car.

We will see what happens on Tuesday.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
Originally posted by AMG Fan
I want to see this ASE chip dynoed with normal premium (91 to 93) octane gasoline with stock intake, exhaust, headers, etc. Show me those results and then I might buy the chip. Otherwise, most all of these numbers don't mean a thing to me.
C32 varies from car to car... eventhough it may show significant HP on one car, it might not show on another car.

btw... what intake?? where can we get an aftermarket intake for C32???

Jerry
Old 06-29-2003, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
NMM,

I am not doubting your horsepower levels of 360rwhp, I think it is fantastic. If it is done on 91 octane even more amazing. I guess what I am doubting is how you got there. There is no way you got 38hp from any chip running only 91 octane gas. The stock chip with it's less agressive timing is pulling back some of that timing due too detonation. So I do not see how any aftermarket tuner can get much more out of the car on 91 octane.

Now if you have some intercooler upgrades other than the Evosport reservoir mod, like a new design intercooler core(between SC and intake) or cams/headwork then maybe these numbers are possible on 91 octane.

ASE is only stating a 16hp gain, I would think that they would want to state 45hp (at the crank) like yours got to get more sales.

I guess we shall wait and see the dyno results when the stock computer goes back in. Hopefully the dyno's are done with the stock vs. ASE chip on the same tank of gas.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:43 PM

HERE IS A QUESTION.... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT I AM SICK OF THIS ONE POST?

I HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT I WILL BE THERE AGAIN ON TUESDAY WITH THE STOCK CHIP, ASE'S CHIP, AND ANOTHER ASE CHIP (BETA)
IF YOU GUYS ARE SO SKEPTICAL ABOUT EVERYTHING SAYING THINGS LIKE

WHAT IF HE PUT PLATINUM SPARKPLUGS IN HALF THE PLUGS HOLE AND RACEING PLUGS IN THE REST OF THE HOLES THEN I CAN SEE HIS HP GAIN.....

AGAIN IF YOU ARE SO SKEPTICAL ABOUT THE HP FIGURES FROM THE ASE CHIP AND WOULD RATHER TRY TO FIGURE OUT SOME BS REASON WHY I MADE SO MUCH POWER, WHY DONT YOU GUYS MEET ME AT EVOSPORT TUESDAY!

I WISH I HAD CAMS AND A PORTED HEAD AND ALL THAT STUFF

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *!* New chip for C32 *!*