C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Top of top end....prodject...wish me luck.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Top of top end....prodject...wish me luck.

Here's the plan. I'm kinda opening up the (top)top end minus the heads for now. The talk about 4.3vs5.5 heads being thinner makes me want to hold off. My hope is to transplant the 5.5 at some point so I may just wait till I find or purchase a 5.5L block and heads to do any real top/bottom end work.

So in the next few months I hope to.......

-Port and Polish the intake mani ala mbenzman. I hope to get a few pointers from him and I'm also going to look into getting it bench flowed or to see if this testing is even possible with this piece. Got a good deal on this one which allows me to work on it without removing my own.

-Extrude Hone the S/C intake and discharge piping to smooth out the rough cast surface. The interior looks like the inside of a cave with carrot looking things hanging and all. Before install I did my best of smoothing it with giant stainless bristle pipe brushes.

-Send out the blower to have a full port and polish on the case and TB within the blower. The blades will be stripped and polished to prevent chipping or flaking of the teflon. Cobra's and Lightnings get great gains doing this.

-Mill down S/C pulley for 6psi compared to 4psi. The increase in manifold flow and pulley diameter may or may not make 6psi but either way it should be an increase in air volume.

-Snow performance meth/H20 injection with dual nozzle config spraying into blower inlet(reason for stripped rotors) and 2nd nozzle at stock TB location on the intake mani. The system will read from the MAF signal for the spray. Spraying into the blower will act like chemical supercharging as well which will yeild a little extra boost while lowering IATs. It should keep the rotors cool as well as the little hot air pockets between them. Many magnesun setups as well as GN's have used this method with great result. Some get scared by the thought of methanol in the blower. Not me. It's 20% meth only, the blower is aluminum, and costs $250 to rebuild.

What do you guys think?? any concerns ideas?? I have alot more things I want to do but I decieded that I need to map it out and start somewhere. A heated garage is my next step holding me back. The intake work(off of the car) should start in a week or so.

Last edited by NitrogenBalance; 01-28-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Here's the plan. I'm kinda opening up the (top)top end minus the heads for now. The talk about 4.3vs5.5 heads being thinner makes me want to hold off. My hope is to transplant the 5.5 at some point so I may just wait till I find or purchase a 5.5L block and heads to do any real top/bottom end work.

-Port and Polish the intake mani ala mbenzman. I hope to get a few pointers from him and I'm also going to look into getting it bench flowed or to see if this testing is even possible with this piece. Got a good deal on this one which allows me to work on it without removing my own.

-Extrude Hone the S/C intake and discharge piping to smooth out the rough cast surface. The interior looks like the inside of a cave with carrot looking things hanging and all. Before install I did my best of smoothing it with giant stainless bristle pipe brushes.

-Send out the blower to have a full port and polish on the case and TB within the blower. The blades will be stripped and polished to prevent chipping or flaking of the teflon. Cobra's and Lightnings get great gains doing this.

-Mill down S/C pulley for 6psi compared to 4psi. The increase in manifold flow and pulley diameter may or may not make 6psi but either way it should be an increase in air volume.

-Snow performance meth/H20 injection with dual nozzle config spraying into blower inlet(reason for stripped rotors) and 2nd nozzle at stock TB location on the intake mani. The system will read from the MAF signal for the spray. Spraying into the blower will act like chemical supercharging as well which will yeild a little extra boost while lowering IATs. It should keep the rotors cool as well as the little hot air pockets between them. Many magnesun setups as well as GN's have used this method with great result. Some get scared by the thought of methanol in the blower. Not me. It's 20% meth only, the blower is aluminum, and costs $250 to rebuild.

What do you guys think?? any concerns ideas?? I have alot more things I want to do but I decieded that I need to map it out and start somewhere. A heated garage is my next step holding me back. The intake work(off of the car) should start in a week or so.

Thanks for outbidding me Once I noticed your name I decided it was best not to start bidding each other thru the roof but to just let you have it. At least it went to a good home.
Are you going with Steigmeister for the supercharger porting? I'm am interested in hearing the results of his work.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

91' 300e // 99 300e TD // 00' ML55 AMG
aww ****ty, man thats beautiful!
Old 01-30-2007, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
Thanks for outbidding me Once I noticed your name I decided it was best not to start bidding each other thru the roof but to just let you have it. At least it went to a good home.
Are you going with Steigmeister for the supercharger porting? I'm am interested in hearing the results of his work.

Sorry bud...I didn't even think that someone here would be thinking the same thing or found the same item. I figured it was some poor soul who needed this part to fix a broken daily driver. You should have outbid me!! You were not far off. Anyways, once I get this one worked over you are more than welcome to my original that I will be removing, I'll sell it to you for what the ebay auction stopped at to be fair

Yes, I'm going with steigmeier for the blower porting/polishing.

Anyone know alot about our EGR system?? I'm looking into the possibility of removing this. I will be using a crankcase vacuum system so the only thing left to contaminate the intake charge is the EGR. I've heard of many removing this, just haven't thought about it.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Sorry bud...I didn't even think that someone here would be thinking the same thing or found the same item. I figured it was some poor soul who needed this part to fix a broken daily driver. You should have outbid me!! You were not far off. Anyways, once I get this one worked over you are more than welcome to my original that I will be removing, I'll sell it to you for what the ebay auction stopped at to be fair

Yes, I'm going with steigmeier for the blower porting/polishing.
Thanks for the offer. As luck would have it I scored an intake on Ebay. It just arrived today. Check out the killer price I got it for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6082759&rd=1,1

It's even cleaner then it looks in the photos. I am amazed at just how lightweight these are.

Also my Gen1 HPS is out at Steigmeier being ported and they said they said it should ship out tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
Thanks for the offer. As luck would have it I scored an intake on Ebay. It just arrived today. Check out the killer price I got it for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6082759&rd=1,1

It's even cleaner then it looks in the photos. I am amazed at just how lightweight these are.

Also my Gen1 HPS is out at Steigmeier being ported and they said they said it should ship out tomorrow.
Nice find! Cheap and clean. I guess I paid for being greedy as mine sat for days in a parts cleaner which barely helped. I too was surprised how light these are, it's kinda strange. As slopy as it was it did come with the TB also which I may look into porting as I now have two.

Post some pics or update of the blower when you get it back from steigmeier!! I hope to do the same. Did you go full port and polish?? and how much?? I think I recall around $490ish??
Old 03-26-2007, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Find a 5.5L motor. Put the S/C on it and be done like Mario!
And this is in NJ:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...spagenameZWDVW

Cheap compared to what I paid for just my motor!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 03-26-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Post some pics or update of the blower when you get it back from steigmeier!! I hope to do the same. Did you go full port and polish?? and how much?? I think I recall around $490ish??
The bill at Stegmeier was 525.25 including shipping back to me. It was supposed to be done already but we have been playing phone tag and I guess they have some questions they need answered before they can finish it. Unfortuantly I have close to zero phone access during the day so its a pain in the ***.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I thought about this. The 4.3 with the HPSgen1 I made more than Mario did with his initial install using the 5.5. I grabbed 342whp right out of install. The blower is a little stretched to fill the 5.5 but is well suited for the 4.3 with a little room for more boost without over spinning or heating up the blower as seen in 5.5's. If I follow 2 simple mods that Mario has used including meth injection along with a smaller pulley and I would very much think that I would see close to 400whp...without the need to swap motors.

See where I'm comming from??

However, if I ever get sick of the maggie blower and switch to a vortech head unit (similar to GreggC) I would very much entertain the 5.5 swap as I could fill it effeciently in regards to boost using a centrifical S/C.

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Find a 5.5L motor. Put the S/C on it and be done like Mario!
And this is in NJ:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...spagenameZWDVW

Cheap compared to what I paid for just my motor!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430

What supercharger are you running?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
What supercharger are you running?
It's an HPS Gen 1. A very simple and effective product they should have stuck with..........................