C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

My Benz got STOLEN.... Help???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C300 4matic
Angry My Benz got STOLEN.... Help???

Last night i went to Burger king ( in CT )for quick in and out to go order, left key inside the car because i was charging my Ipod. One time in my life that i leave a key inside , and **** happened. I was inside few minutes or less and one car and mine were at the parking lot , did not see anyone suspicious. Very strange that it happened in matter of 30 seconds that someone showed up and took the car. Anyways cops showed up and did report on it and insurance claim.
Later in the night i was in the area with cousin and seen a car that was in the parking lot of Indoor sport ( place where we play soccer , mile away ) that was circling around. In few hours they showed up 5 plus times , each time spotting cars that were there. Where we play soccer , there is lot of guys who drive Benz , Bimmer , Acuras and Lexus. This was a well planned , i think they were there to steal car and it just happens it was mine. Reported it to police again later in the night about activity so waiting to see.
Now , i think they will part it out and sell it that way so i was wondering if someone comes up on Craigslist , around Hartford or New England area with Amg parts to send me alert. i will be looking every night to see if something comes up. I am pissed but again need to be cool until claim is over or police finds car. One of this nights where i thought its just bad dream , in seconds things happened. Just wanted to share it with you guys. Where least expected , **** will happen. Costly mistake and life long lesson.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:27 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
Sorry man that is horrible. Just stay in contact with the cops and like you said the best thing to do is constantly check your local craigslist for parts postings and for your car to show up. Maybe ebay as well. I would keep an eye out on the area, maybe even just go by Burger king in another car with a friend around the same time for a couple of days if they might be on a schedule. Maybe try to think if there was any witnesses, like any stores with open windows where employees could have seen something....its a long shot but I'm trying to help as much as possible. Even post on here in the Event's section of Northeast maybe some people on the forums live in CT possibly close to your area and can assist if they see your car since they know what it is and it will stand out more to them. This is all off the top of my head, so if anything sounds stupid, its all just frantic things that I would do if it was me. Good luck and keep us posted. And lesson to everyone, NEVER leave your keys in your car even if its 2 seconds.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
Any cameras around? Even across the street, a camera at an ATM or something might help identify these guys.

SUCKS that you left your key in the car as that is almost the only way to steal our cars...
Sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you end up with a positive resolution.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:31 PM

09 C300 4matic
There is Dunkin Donuts and Shell gas station next to it. Its strange , car was not more then 20-25 feet from the entrance of BK and main glass windows. two older people were sitting by the window and parking is very bright from many light poles. Few things that are bugging me. First when i ordered food i paid and kind of looked out side and remember seeing my marker lights on so at that point car was there . Only when i moved to the left to pick up my food and grab few napkins some1 just came out from the corner and took of. This is really seconds we are talking about and something tells me that employees have to know something. There was a person in the back smoking with 2 employees and when i showed up with the cop , which i called from shell gas station not BK , he knew that car was stolen.
I asked him how does he know when i haven even opened my mouth yet why i am here with the cop. I later told cops to check employees and staff there , they were all young early 20s and had that gangster wanna bee look. they werent shocked or showed any surprised look face on them. So there is a lot of things that dont make sense at all and i hope cops will find camera somewhere near.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Sorry about that.
I hope he/she gets caught and be thrown in prison
Old 11-10-2011, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
Sorry about that.
I hope he/she gets caught and be thrown in prison
+1
Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmm. Sorry for your loss. I will be on the lookout for c43 parts on ebay and socal craigslist. FYI the smart ones will tend to wait AT LEAST one month before they start to sell anything (in hopes the owner, aka you, will stop caring and move on), and they will most likely do it 100+ miles away from the location they took your car.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by thepinoc
Hmm. Sorry for your loss. I will be on the lookout for c43 parts on ebay and socal craigslist. FYI the smart ones will tend to wait AT LEAST one month before they start to sell anything (in hopes the owner, aka you, will stop caring and move on), and they will most likely do it 100+ miles away from the location they took your car.
Agreed. On that note, the OP I would suggest you give us more info on the car, color...stock wheels? Its a C43 right?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:17 PM

09 C300 4matic
here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails My Benz got STOLEN.... Help???-003.jpg  
Old 11-10-2011, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Awful news pal, I truly hope the car is recovered undamaged.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
I will keep an eye open where I am in NY. Who knows the things criminals do they could of driven it to another state. You just never know. Sorry to hear about this.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:12 PM

W209, E46 M3 (dead), S54 swapped E46 Touring
sorry to hear but leaving your key in the ignition is just asking for it. trust no one. i hope you get your car back in one piece.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Damn! I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
How long do you have to wait for the payout from your insurance company?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:28 AM

09 C300 4matic
well this is 1st time that this happened to me. And 1st time i make mistake leaving my key inside. I was on the phone with claims dept and they will contact me sometime tomorrow. They did not want to say anything regarding the process and time limit. I also want to be careful when dealing as i read that this can turn ugly. Car was bought for cash , and ever since my 04 repo , every car i bought was for cash and they have me on record since 05 i believe. I never had issues before so that should be my good side. I hope with in 30 days to have this resolved and no need for legal actions. I want this process to be hopefully quick and just move on.
Would any of you think of getting back in C43 again ?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Soo sorry to hear that man,, i hope they well catch him & through him in big acid tank......

ZAYED,,

Last edited by cm60k; 11-11-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by CT320
well this is 1st time that this happened to me. And 1st time i make mistake leaving my key inside. I was on the phone with claims dept and they will contact me sometime tomorrow. They did not want to say anything regarding the process and time limit. I also want to be careful when dealing as i read that this can turn ugly. Car was bought for cash , and ever since my 04 repo , every car i bought was for cash and they have me on record since 05 i believe. I never had issues before so that should be my good side. I hope with in 30 days to have this resolved and no need for legal actions. I want this process to be hopefully quick and just move on.
Would any of you think of getting back in C43 again ?
Honestly after it's been stolen, getting it back is like getting your wife/gf back after she spent the weekend making **** movies. When you get paid out, think of stepping into a C55. On the used market the prices between a C43 and C55 are getting very close. You could consider a C32 (which is easier to mod) but you lose the V8 rumble.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 11-11-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
There is Dunkin Donuts and Shell gas station next to it. Its strange , car was not more then 20-25 feet from the entrance of BK and main glass windows. two older people were sitting by the window and parking is very bright from many light poles. Few things that are bugging me. First when i ordered food i paid and kind of looked out side and remember seeing my marker lights on so at that point car was there . Only when i moved to the left to pick up my food and grab few napkins some1 just came out from the corner and took of. This is really seconds we are talking about and something tells me that employees have to know something. There was a person in the back smoking with 2 employees and when i showed up with the cop , which i called from shell gas station not BK , he knew that car was stolen.I asked him how does he know when i haven even opened my mouth yet why i am here with the cop. I later told cops to check employees and staff there , they were all young early 20s and had that gangster wanna bee look. they werent shocked or showed any surprised look face on them. So there is a lot of things that dont make sense at all and i hope cops will find camera somewhere near.
Good point.If I would have thought the employees might have been envolved I would have asked the manager for a head count of his employees.A employee may have moved your car to another location and phoned a friend to come pick it up.Just a thought.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
that really sux! hope you find the dirtbags
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Wow, that is horrible. Shocked you left the key in your car. Heck I even lock my car when it is in the garage.

This is my worst fear for my W209 CLK55, sure I will get the money if it is stolen, but will I really be able to find another one? I doubt it, took 2 years to find this one.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
That sucks

What town in CT did this happen? I'm in CT and I'll keep my eyes open. It's probably in pieces or being painted or sent to Philly or mars!

Get a good insurance settlement and go for a '55. The market has stupid low prices if you take your time. You'll get the right car!

Last night i went to Burger king ( in CT )for quick in and out to go order, left key inside the car because i was charging my Ipod. One time in my life that i leave a key inside , and **** happened. I was inside few minutes or less and one car and mine were at the parking lot , did not see anyone suspicious. Very strange that it happened in matter of 30 seconds that someone showed up and took the car. Anyways cops showed up and did report on it and insurance claim.
Later in the night i was in the area with cousin and seen a car that was in the parking lot of Indoor sport ( place where we play soccer , mile away ) that was circling around. In few hours they showed up 5 plus times , each time spotting cars that were there. Where we play soccer , there is lot of guys who drive Benz , Bimmer , Acuras and Lexus. This was a well planned , i think they were there to steal car and it just happens it was mine. Reported it to police again later in the night about activity so waiting to see.
Now , i think they will part it out and sell it that way so i was wondering if someone comes up on Craigslist , around Hartford or New England area with Amg parts to send me alert. i will be looking every night to see if something comes up. I am pissed but again need to be cool until claim is over or police finds car. One of this nights where i thought its just bad dream , in seconds things happened. Just wanted to share it with you guys. Where least expected , **** will happen. Costly mistake and life long lesson.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
99 c43,90 mustang gt supercharged convertible,07 acura tl type s, Hummer H3t pickup
left keys in car...Srry for the loss hope you recover your vehicle
Old 11-12-2011, 12:24 PM

09 C300 4matic
Car was stolen in East Windsor , CT. Did report yesterday with claims dept and waiting time is 21 days before being considered loss. They said that in 21 days most cars are found , but i also told her there is only handful of these cars and i hope she is right. So wait for now but i will be in touch with police and see if they have any news yet.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM

09 C300 4matic
Great news , my car was located. Got the call from police , it was in MANHATTAN , NYC midtown ( DUMB ). Don't know much details , its impounded in the Bronx. Going tonight to the city to pick up some info from NYPD. My guess is it was E-Z Pass , they said there was no keys found. It makes no sense or he is dumb , but to go midtown Manhattan with surveillance cameras on every turn , just dumb. And there is no parking there so you get the parking ticket in minutes. Now i will be Monday in the Bronx to take a look at the car. I will take camera and snap pics but will not pick up the car even if i could. i want more info from investigation and adjuster before i go ahead.

Now question is will my car have theft recovery title ? That does bring down the value of the vehicle. What else i should be watching out for ? If car doesn't run good or has tranny or engine issues , or anything that is not body damage do i need to request inspection of the vehicle at the dealer or certified shop ? Just want to be careful about the process. Will keep you up to date with info tomorrow when i get back from Nypd.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:02 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
99 c43,90 mustang gt supercharged convertible,07 acura tl type s, Hummer H3t pickup
Great news! I wouldnt doubt it was some young kids who grabbed it and drove into the city to hang out...Probably just out for a joy ride...Inspect your car and drive it...Hopefully it will be ok...Keep your head up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Benz got STOLEN.... Help???