030 - Performance Pack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
030 - Performance Pack

Just wanted to let you enthusiasts know that I just got off the phone with MBUSA, 030 will not be offered as an option upon initial release...perhaps for MY 09 10...in regards to the rest of the build possibilities, options are exactly the same as a normal C Class...We are anticipating a $65K MSRP, Multimedia and P2 pushing the price point up to $70K...

Thanks for believing in the beauty of an AMG..

Chris
Old 01-11-2008, 03:16 PM
jt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so...

No performance pack
No Keyless Go
No Parktronic

No sale.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
No Sale, No performance pack, no go, no fun for you...3.9 0-60, dont see what the problem is
Old 01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
No Sale, No performance pack, no go, no fun for you...3.9 0-60, dont see what the problem is
If those options never existed, it would be one thing. But since those options are offered in other markets, it's clear that the only reason we don't have them is because MBUSA doesn't want us to have them on the C63.

That's really what's outrageous. No sale here as well. I'll hope that the MY09 catches up.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 PM

C32
the problem with AMGs up until recently is the lack of a differential. I really have no idea what MB is thinking besides worrying about the tanking dollar. AM I correct that almost all of the said options are sold elsewhere?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
how is that outrageous? if you had a product that had an average lifecycle of 6-9 years, and your clients were continually looking for bigger and better things, you don't think that you'd hold a few cards to support sales near the half life of your product? seems to me like mbusa is educated. for someone that really wants a c63, lack of keyless go is not going to deter them from purchasing the car. if anything, i would think that an owner would take pride and enjoyment from starting up one of the fastest, badest cars on the road. but then again, thats just my opinion.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
first off, last time i checked all driveable cars have differentials, operative word being a LIMITED SLIP diff in the 030 pack...correct about which options being sold where?

Originally Posted by ultraseven
the problem with AMGs up until recently is the lack of a differential. I really have no idea what MB is thinking besides worrying about the tanking dollar. AM I correct that almost all of the said options are sold elsewhere?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
I'll pass. Way too much power not to offer PP.

The lack of the other options is also concerning in a 70k vehicle.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
jt2

Originally Posted by SolidGranite
I'll pass. Way too much power not to offer PP.

The lack of the other options is also concerning in a 70k vehicle.
Exactly.

The whole point of the AMG is the blend of luxury, utility and performance.

Not having PP (specifically the LSD part), PDC and keyless go would be compromises.

I don't feel I should have to compromise on a $70k car. I have to make a poop-or-get-off-the-pot decision in the next few days on this car now that slots are opening up, and I'm really not sure at this point.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:36 PM

C32
Originally Posted by jt2
Exactly.

The whole point of the AMG is the blend of luxury, utility and performance.

Not having PP (specifically the LSD part), PDC and keyless go would be compromises.

I don't feel I should have to compromise on a $70k car. I have to make a poop-or-get-off-the-pot decision in the next few days on this car now that slots are opening up, and I'm really not sure at this point.
It's absolutely stupid that giving a car with that much torque without a limited slip. Heck, even a G35 has that option. That pretty much drops this car from any further consideration.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:38 PM

Acura MDX
...you don't think that you'd hold a few cards to support sales near the half life of your product? seems to me like mbusa is educated.
Actually, the educated thing to do is understand your competition and make sure your offering in the market is competitive. Lack of LSD, memory seats, etc. at a higher MSRP makes the C63 quite unremarkable when compared with the competition. It seems quite obvious to me MB isn't serious about this market segment.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:53 PM

how is that outrageous? if you had a product that had an average lifecycle of 6-9 years, and your clients were continually looking for bigger and better things, you don't think that you'd hold a few cards to support sales near the half life of your product? seems to me like mbusa is educated. for someone that really wants a c63, lack of keyless go is not going to deter them from purchasing the car. if anything, i would think that an owner would take pride and enjoyment from starting up one of the fastest, badest cars on the road. but then again, thats just my opinion.
In a way you're right but the point is that it should be an option. I don't care about keyless go but I do care about the pano-roof. It should be an option and it's not. I don't care that it makes the car heavier, and It's just stupid that you can get a pano-roof on a c300 but not on the c63.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:00 PM

2010 ML63
Would the LSD in the C63 be the same as that for the E63? Would a Quaife unit work? If so, how does the price of the Quaife compare to the 030 package (typically)?

Other than stiffer suspension, what else would be in the performance package? I understand that the 19" wheels would have been additional options, anyways (only available to those with PP). Given that the wheels are the same width, gimme the 18's, anyways (less rotating mass). I'll upgrade the wheels to something wider (more traction) on my own.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Its funny that everyone sqwaks about a LSD. I don't have one on my CLK55 and I could care less. I'm just your average joe. I don't track my car. I just like to go fast from stop lights. I don't think I need a LSD. I don't think I would opt for this oiption. Is it just me. How can I miss a LSD if I've never had one. How big of a deal is it if Inever use it? I don't go to the track! I like to go fast on the highway.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by IwantA124
In a way you're right but the point is that it should be an option. I don't care about keyless go but I do care about the pano-roof. It should be an option and it's not. I don't care that it makes the car heavier, and It's just stupid that you can get a pano-roof on a c300 but not on the c63.
FYI

Pano roof is an option on the C63. It is listed in the MB Dealer Ordering Guide. Probably will be $1K cost, same as the cost option on the regular C-class models but all pricing on the C63 has not yet been announced.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Its funny that everyone sqwaks about a LSD. I don't have one on my CLK55 and I could care less. I'm just your average joe. I don't track my car. I just like to go fast from stop lights. I don't think I need a LSD. I don't think I would opt for this oiption. Is it just me. How can I miss a LSD if I've never had one. How big of a deal is it if Inever use it? I don't go to the track! I like to go fast on the highway.
+1
Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by amg07
FYI

Pano roof is an option on the C63. It is listed in the MB Dealer Ordering Guide. Probably will be $1K cost, same as the cost option on the regular C-class models but all pricing on the C63 has not yet been announced.
Sweetx2
Old 01-12-2008, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I dont know who informed you that the C63 will offer pano roof, but it isn't included on the ordering guide.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Guys, I think it is way too early to predict Mercedes' plans for the C63 Performance Package. I truely believe that Mercedes will eventually offer the Performance Package on the C63 later down the road. They're holding back initially but I believe they'll still release it when sales go back down after the initial spike in an effort to raise it bback up again. They did this with the E63. Almost all 2007 E63 models could not be ordered with a Performance Package until the ones built from April to June of 2007 (almost 1 full year after the release of the car in June of 2006).

But even with worst case scenario, a Performance Package equivalent can be added after-market. All that really matters in the Performance Package is LSD and suspension. I bet Quaife will have an LSD ready for the C63 soon after release, and then RennTech or Kleemann will probably come out with an even stiffer suspension than the one offered in the Performance Package.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:38 PM

You know whats even crazier. If you buy a CL65, you still have to pay 500 more for bluetooth! I know ifyou have that kind of money, 500 is nothing. But still why should you have to pay for that while paying 150+
Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 PM

I dont know who informed you that the C63 will offer pano roof, but it isn't included on the ordering guide.
I spoke with my dealership and have seen the order guide. Order Code is "413 Panomora Sunroof", MSRP is TBD. Straight from the MB Dearer Ordering Guide for MY 08.

Now unless they cancelled this option within the last week it's available.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Almost a Member!

06' SLK55 w/030 pack
As a owner of two MB- if 030 is not offered, hello CTS-V. MB better get their head out of their ***- the competition is passing them!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Now unless they cancelled this option within the last week it's available
Strange, my dealership just said the ordering guide was officially made available yesterday? But either way, I didn't see Pano, but wasn't looking for it that hard.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Strange, my dealership just said the ordering guide was officially made available yesterday? But either way, I didn't see Pano, but wasn't looking for it that hard.
My dealer shared with me as soon as they got it - maybe dealers process these things a bit differently?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I will take a screen shot of the ordering guide on NetStar so that you all can confirm that there is no pano roof on the first issue of the c-class...MY 09 is only like 6 months away so things will change then

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 030 - Performance Pack