Old 10-11-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63 S
A 'TopGear' Take on the C63 PP

http://www.topgear.com/uk/mercedes-b...erfomance-pack
Old 10-11-2008, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So, if you only drive it on the streets and don't track the car it doesn't make sense?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Another Stooge reports in......

Ceramic front brakes??

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 10-11-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
The 60's must have been real good to this guy...
Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by Sincity
So, if you only drive it on the streets and don't track the car it doesn't make sense?
He meant that the PP is only needed for the track. On the street the car handles and performs well enough.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:48 PM

'09 C63 , '09 R8
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
He meant that the PP is only needed for the track. On the street the car handles and performs well enough.
I am all about a firm suspension and just picked my C63 w/ PP up last week. On most roads the car is fine, take the car into a city like Philly or NYC and it will beat the living crap out of you
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Honestly - these TopGear IDIOTS make me wanna puke with their Anti-American BS and snide comments all the time.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:04 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by gsmps
I am all about a firm suspension and just picked my C63 w/ PP up last week. On most roads the car is fine, take the car into a city like Philly or NYC and it will beat the living crap out of you
I live and drive in NYC and guess what? The crap is still in me It is stiff on some bumps (if you go over many But Not enough to annoy me) but then it is a sports car right? I was worried at first, it worked out just as I expected. I now have my car a couple of weeks and I'm very happy with it, would not change a thing

Last edited by dlbello; 10-11-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:33 PM

AMG C63
I noticed the stiff ride right away. Now after a month I like you am very happy with it. The thing is though I got one of the *******ized PP and dont know what exactly I have as far as suspension goes. If someone WITH a PP with suspension wants to take off a front tire I will too and compare with pics.
Is the PP suspension even different or just stiffer? different spring rate? or different suspenders all together?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Almost a Member!

C63 AMG
I just had PP retrofitted yesterday. Different Springs altogether. Much stiffer now, but corners better. The suspension might be stiffer than the Z51’s in corvettes. The car used to eat speed bumps, but now I have to drive much slower over them. Probably still worth it, but I’m not sure yet. The steering wheel is awesome. I have not beat on the new breaks yet, but as long as they are at least as good as the regular ones were, I happy.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:15 PM

AMG C63
XXXC63XXX

how did you do that and how much? was it just springs?
can you detail how you had the PP retrofited. Since I have a screwed up PP
I was thinking of asking AMG to complete it on mine.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:30 AM

STi
Originally Posted by xxx_C63AMG_xxx
I just had PP retrofitted yesterday. Different Springs altogether. Much stiffer now, but corners better. The suspension might be stiffer than the Z51’s in corvettes. The car used to eat speed bumps, but now I have to drive much slower over them. Probably still worth it, but I’m not sure yet. The steering wheel is awesome. I have not beat on the new breaks yet, but as long as they are at least as good as the regular ones were, I happy.
The PP has to be a serious upgrade if it's even stiffer than the Z51/Corvettes. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by LZH
Honestly - these TopGear IDIOTS make me wanna puke with their Anti-American BS and snide comments all the time.
I think they're funny as hell. Definitely my favorite show on TV. The only reason I'm getting digital cable and Tivo in my new house.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:04 AM

AMG C63
My favorite too, I just wish we could get the British version so I dont have to download it. The BBC america version is a shorter version and behind by like a year.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:32 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
I think they're funny as hell. Definitely my favorite show on TV. The only reason I'm getting digital cable and Tivo in my new house.
Then clearly you liked being talke down to and being referred to as inbread. That's a quote from the episode when they drove the Ford Lightening. Not to mention the way they spoke about the US while on their tour of the southern US. Maybe you're not an American, I don't know. But they really offend me, sorry for the rant....just hate those guys.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Originally Posted by LZH
Then clearly you liked being talke down to and being referred to as inbread. That's a quote from the episode when they drove the Ford Lightening. Not to mention the way they spoke about the US while on their tour of the southern US. Maybe you're not an American, I don't know. But they really offend me, sorry for the rant....just hate those guys.
Thats the part that makes this show so successful, they are allowed to speak their mind without consideration for sponsors because BBC is not sponsorship funded. That is one of the main reason why American based autoshows blow because they will praise everything no matter how ****ty in real life it is. If you are truly offended, turn off the televison, no one is holding up a gun to your forehead and making you watch it. Everyone has a right to be offended, that is the beauty of freedom of speech.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by LZH
Actually I was born and raised in L.A. I can see why you get offended. But there are two things you need to know about me.

1. I agree with most of the things they say about Americans. As far as America as a whole goes, I think they're right about a lot of what they say.

2. I have thick skin. I'm a Persian Jew born and raised in L.A and I can put up with most Persian jokes, most Jew jokes and most American jokes. They dont offend me.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by LZH
I am a born and raised American and TopGear is one of my favorite shows on TV. I have to agree with most the things they say about our country. Look at the state of our economy and look at our election. Americans have absolutely NO clue about the economy, how it works, how to resolve our current situation, or how to elect a person who might be able to get things back on course.

Now when I say I agree with their comments I say that a large percentage of "americans" are absolute idiots with virtually no clue about how the work works let alone how the free market enterprise system functions. Yes there are many people in America who are beyond intelligent but even I can say that we are heading towards a very bad next 10 years and I think its being caused by terribly stupid decisions by both the affluent and the poor.

As I sit here writing this I hear my TV in the background babbling about how the government wants to go buy up home mortgages to the tune of 300 billion and this they think will get us back on track. Do they ever slow down to look at the causes of this issue? No they just pray that by shooting a shot gun in every direction they hit the solution but I think we will all be broke before we get to that point.

Get ready for 20% inflation next year. Printing presses are pumping out money faster than ever and its doing nothing but making everyone more freaked out than before.

Lets figure out the credit default swap markets and lets see about keeping corporations afloat for the minute they all go under unemployment will hit double digits and then what? That tax cut being mentioned by Obama wont do anything sine the common place worker wont have a job on which they need to be taxed.

Sorry I had to say this stuff as I wish it were not true. America is slipping quickly. Its time to look after ourselves and take some heart filled actions. Stop passing bills for spending filled with little trinkets to buy votes. I mean I love road racing but that 700 billion "bail out bill" had 4 million in money to help renovate and build new race tracks. WTF is that?

I think we need to laugh at ourselves and see our flaws and fix them. Well now our automotive industry is looking like the big 3 might be the big one.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:01 AM

They poke fun at everyone, not just the US........and it is "inbred", not "inbread".

Dick Fogg
Old 10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
I like Topgear. The PP is a great option for some of you. Get it. I don't have it and I don't miss it. This is coming from a guy who doesn't mind a firm suspension. I'm not tracking my car and the suspension is great for me.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:08 AM

C63, Scuderia, 599, 16M, AEV Hemi Jeep, '57 Porsche Speedster, '55 300SL, SLS on order
Originally Posted by dlbello
I live and drive in NYC and guess what? The crap is still in me It is stiff on some bumps (if you go over many But Not enough to annoy me) but then it is a sports car right? I was worried at first, it worked out just as I expected. I now have my car a couple of weeks and I'm very happy with it, would not change a thing
Me too - in the short time I have had it, my crap is firmly intact notwithstanding flights up and down the FDR and the mean streets and potholes of NY.

I like a firm ride and appreciate how the C63 with PP handles the bumps and potholes! My wife also likes the way it rides on the city streets.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:48 PM

Lotus 7 S4, 09 C63 Palladium with Black leather interior
Originally Posted by LZH
What anti American BS?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Don't worry about TopGear, real car enthusiasts in the UK know they talk crap.

It's just a sensationalist entertainment show aimed at the great unwashed masses.