Sponsored by:

What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by mthis
so you saying you spoke to him on the phone to andy?
MTHIS... This maybe over your head, but trust me Tim is on your side.

Your ECU tune seems to be ok... but surely I can't say that for the other guy we know whom which was with me at the Dyno pull party (No names mentioned)!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
what ever i think most people got it,
Yeah, I guess it was a "mute point".
Old 02-10-2009, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by dlbello
MTHIS... This maybe over your head, but trust me Tim is on your side.

Your ECU tune seems to be ok... but surely I can't say that for the other guy we know whom which was with me at the Dyno pull party (No names mentioned)!
you know what funny, i pulled the same numbers as that guy did that you are talking about the 1st time i went there, and now they up to 421

comon why you trying to start something or WAIT YOU DID START IT.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
i dont understand why everyone is jumping on the tcu tuning for.
if my car shifts harder then yes to me its a tcu tune i dont care if it has to do with the ecu or not.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
On the subject of Tim Malliken: Some people including myself wonder just who this guy is. I asked a few people today and basically got this response.... "Tim Malliken knows his stuff, and he is a well respected guy in his field."

I think all of us get a bit suspect when some one with not to many posts does a write ups with lots detail either bashing a product or promoting a product.

To me when someone puffs up a product and has very few posts it looks like someone asked them to do it to send a positive vibe out = suspect.

However when a bash of a product comes out in a post by a new or low ranking member that also = suspect too, At least in my book.

Not choosing any sides on this issue, I have to say what Brad said about Tim Malliken on the first page of this thread I also heard from people unrelated to Evosport and mbworld.

Hypothetically, What would you do if it was true that you were being duped on a TCU tune that you payed for?

Tell you what... If by chance it is true that members were duped by MHP. That should make you pissed.

IMO, The Benz-tax is making some people alot of money. Its very easy to think someone who tunes other car would want to jump into a market with big profit margins on ECU tunes like Mercedes.

MHP was non-existent in the Mercedes world until the C63 hit and BAM! MHP claims to have the best tune you can get for a Mercedes hands down? That my friends = Suspect too.

One things for sure.. If the puffery is to big it has an even bigger chance of blowing up in your face.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 02-10-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Seems to me Tim Milliken is probably the only person who could have brought this out into the open, given his non-affiliation with any of MHP's competitors. Even though it's unclear at this time whether there is enough validity to the claims to warrant any further action, just as it's also unclear what that "further action" might entail, until more information is forthcoming, what is becoming clear is that there is much much more at work here than merely someone coming to MBWorld simply because he was referred to as a fool.

This is better than those Nancy Drew novels I've been reading to my kids.
dude someone payed him big bucks for this, just bc some call someone else a fool dont do that, you know this is not 2nd grade. and its very funny how this thread is still open bc if it were someone else this would be CLOSED.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:08 PM

you know what funny, i pulled the same numbers as that guy did that you are talking about the 1st time i went there, and now they up to 421

comon why you trying to start something or WAIT YOU DID START IT.
Where did you pull 421? LI? NJ? you said your original pull was in LI. What was your final pull in LI... I don't care what you did in NJ... as you said those #'s didn't matter because the orginal was in LI.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
What would you do if it was true that you were being duped on a TCU tune that you payed for?
dude the tcu works, i have it in my car. if its not a tcu tune and its a ecu tune, i dont care as long as i have what he toled me im happy.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
On the subject of Tim Malliken: Some people including myself wonder just who this guy is. I asked a few people today and basically got this response.... "Tim Malliken knows his stuff, and he is a well respected guy in his field."

I think all of us get a bit suspect when some one with not to many posts does a write ups with lots detail either bashing a product or promoting a product.

To me when someone puffs up a product and has very few posts it looks like someone asked them to do to send a positive vibe out = suspect.

However when a bash of a product comes out in a post by a new or low ranking member that also = suspect too, At least in my book.

Not choosing any sides on this issue, I have to say what Brad said about Tim Malliken on the first page of this thread I also heard from people unrelated to Evosport and mbworld.

Hypothetically, What would you do if it was true that you were being duped on a TCU tune that you payed for?

Tell you what... If by chance it is true that members were duped by MHP. That should make you pissed.

IMO, The Benz-tax is making some people alot of money. Its very easy to think someone who tunes other car would want to jump into a market with big profit margins on ECU tunes like Mercedes.

MHP was non-existent in the Mercedes world until the C63 hit and BAM! MHP claims to have the best tune you can get for a Mercedes hands down? That my friends = Suspect too.

One things for sure.. If the puffery is to big it has an even bigger chance of blowing up in your face.
I agree, however, if you buy something from a sponsor and/or vendor, then you have the product tested independently, then you make your own claims about how great the product is based on your tests and your seat of the pants feelings, don't you hold some responsibility? Even if the end product isn't exactly built the same way it was described, but still performs as you expected?

My simple question is how are all these guys that kept saying: "Drive my car, drive my car, the difference is night and day, look at the records, look at the records", and then act like they're not happy?

I just don't get it.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
dude someone payed him big bucks for this, just bc some call someone else a fool dont do that, you know this is not 2nd grade. and its very funny how this thread is still open bc if it were someone else this would be CLOSED.
Not true: AMS motorsports (sponsor) has received its share of bashing by newbies and some others and those threads were not closed. People have a write to say how they feel about a product newbie of fanatic. This is an open forum. Good or bad we should hear all the angles.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Where did you pull 421? LI? NJ? you said your original pull was in LI. What was your final pull in LI... I don't care what you did in NJ... as you said those #'s didn't matter because the orginal was in LI.
421 was in L.I i also pulled in N.J 389, so dont go saying that you know what u talking about b/c you dont, you have no clue you ask things and then try to anwer yourself. you are rite doen numbers dont matter b/c the tune was not broken in, not i dont think that persons tune was broken in that you were with. i dont get why you being a wiseguy for.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by indyjoe
I agree, however, if you buy something from a sponsor and/or vendor, then you have the product tested independently, then you make your own claims about how great the product is based on your tests and your seat of the pants feelings, don't you hold some responsibility? Even if the end product isn't exactly built the same way it was described, but still performs as you expected?

My simple question is how are all these guys that kept saying: "Drive my car, drive my car, the difference is night and day, look at the records, look at the records", and then act like they're not happy?

I just don't get it.
thats something i dont get my self bc i remeber someone here toled me that mhp is great and all and now

but you know what i know for my self that it works. i wish it were not drizzling here i would go made some vids
Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 PM

thats something i dont get my self bc i remeber someone here toled me that mhp is great and all and now

but you know what i know for my self that it works. i wish it were not drizzling here i would go made some vids
Maybe if you learned how to type you might be better at getting your point across?
Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrcart
There I go what???

You have no idea what you are talking about, I know what I have said and its not much, I suggest you find someone else to nit pick with, I will dominate you like a lettle b!tch
ahahah i just had to laugh how sad that makes you sound. anyways considering how your posts are all innuendo about the situation, if your information is that sensitive, then why the hell would you make cryptic posts about it on an f-ing message board.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
i been working since 11am i just got home i dont care what everyone thinks about my spelling this is not a spelling bee contest
Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 PM

Question for all... If the ECU tune has been noted as "a Great tune" with high dyno #'s 10-15% gains, would the shift points increase automatically because of the much higher HP and Tq??? Can this be what mthis is possibly experiencing?
Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
dude the tcu works, i have it in my car. if its not a tcu tune and its a ecu tune, i dont care as long as i have what he toled me im happy.
I agree with you 100% I have adjusted shift points too, but that came with my tune I picked up 500RPMs more at redline over stock.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:22 PM

Question for all... If the ECU tune has been noted as "a Great tune" with high dyno #'s 10-15% gains, would the shift points increase automatically because of the much higher HP and Tq??? Can this be what mthis is possibly experiencing?
No.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
you guys have a good night bc if i keep reading here tonight i will get banned. before that happen im leaving.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
With all of these posts by Jim (JrCart), I am very curious on why he flipped a 180.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
you guys have a good night bc if i keep reading here tonight i will get banned. before that happen im leaving.
mthis,

Don't forget your cookies and milk before bed...

MachC5
Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 PM

421 was in L.I i also pulled in N.J 389, so dont go saying that you know what u talking about b/c you dont, you have no clue you ask things and then try to anwer yourself. you are rite doen numbers dont matter b/c the tune was not broken in, not i dont think that persons tune was broken in that you were with. i dont get why you being a wiseguy for.
I'm not even close to being a wise guy (yet ) I'm just trying to figure what you did that day, when we all went out and did dyno's...

Just a few days before you would't even release your corrected #'s only uncorrected, I still don't get that???? and trust me I know you have a good tune.. as your #'s show the increase and the great feel ...but be advised in the months to come I'll try get a ECU tune along with a TRUE TCU tune which will be superior. Only then, I think it will all be all worth the wait
Old 02-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I think MHP should def get a chance to reply to this thread, Suspension or not, Bending the rules in this case will do a greater good for the members IMO.

Also by no means was my past (long) thread^^^^ meant to bash anyone. My typing as of late seems to be coming off that way when read back to myself.. Andy should get a chance to say his part and address the nail salon.

We should get back to talking cars and let this thread go to the wasteland.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 02-10-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MACHC5
mthis,

Don't forget your cookies and milk before bed...

MachC5
if i recall dint you have no blood presure and the 1 that need to eat cookies, or was that big daddy speaking for you lastnight
Old 02-10-2009, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
I'm not even close to being a wise guy (yet ) I'm just trying to figure what you did that day, when we all went out and did dyno's...

Just a few days before you would't even release your corrected #'s only uncorrected, I still don't get that???? and trust me I know you have a good tune.. as your #'s show the increase and the great feel ...but be advised in the months to come I'll try get a ECU tune along with a TRUE TCU tune which will be superior. Only then, I think it will all be all worth the wait

i cant wait till that day comes. i hope im still in this board for that 1.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?