Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gremlin
One thing I know for sure, there are some real low life's out there and the truth is only just starting to come out. Certain people/companies on here should be ashamed of themselves and they will get what is coming to them for their roles in this mess... MB World should be cautious who it hitches its' caboose too.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:41 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG

This is great, keep it comming. This is just like the Jerry Springer Show.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 AM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by W204+M156
I find Tim's claim's plausible, on my thread "why 451 hp?" I asked specifically what is the difference between the 63's engines. I wrote it basically to MHP, and I was disappointed he didn't add anything insightful. But Tim here actually gave me the stuff I was expecting, in the beginning of this thread where he talks about throttle positions. Makes sense, thanks Tim.
Tim is the man.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Doctor Jones = JT55.

That 2nd user is now banned for posting under alias, against the TOU.

Just so that everyone is clear, the allegations that he puts forth are 100% fiction, and can be supported as such in any court in the country. I will tell you that Andy threatens to sue everyone that says anything against him. He has threatened me, IB, other sponsors and many customers of his. This is why you do not see more info posted - people are scared. That will likley change as more people come forward.

FYI, At this point I see no reason to delete that post as many thought would happen as it is unsupportable and frankly, MBWorld and evosport have nothing to hide from. This thread is about something that may or may not be very real to customers from a sponsor. That is why is is open. There could be a lot of people who are effected and not allowing this to be discussed would not benefit the community as a whole.

Also, for those that do not know Tim - Google him or PM him.

Thanks
Brad
Thanks for the info Brad.

JT55, you owe me.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doctor Jones = JT55.

That 2nd user is now banned for posting under alias, against the TOU.

Just so that everyone is clear, the allegations that he puts forth are 100% fiction, and can be supported as such in any court in the country. I will tell you that Andy threatens to sue everyone that says anything against him. He has threatened me, IB, other sponsors and many customers of his. This is why you do not see more info posted - people are scared. That will likley change as more people come forward.

FYI, At this point I see no reason to delete that post as many thought would happen as it is unsupportable and frankly, MBWorld and evosport have nothing to hide from. This thread is about something that may or may not be very real to customers from a sponsor. That is why is is open. There could be a lot of people who are effected and not allowing this to be discussed would not benefit the community as a whole.

Thanks
Brad
Brad, don't you think this whole thing smells pretty fishy? As you know, I've never liked Andy, and never believed the hype, but it was so coincindental that right after Jim's Cali trip he decides to do a complete 180 on Andy and MHP. I mean, I came up with the Evosport getting ahold of MHP's tune before Andy even mentioned it.

I have a lot of respect for Evo, and have been a huge detractor of MHP, but this just seems really shady. I hope you can understand that.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 AM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Orlando Florida - yesterday 2/9/09. Temps were in the high 70's. All these runs came from the new MHP tune. Back to back runs with some delay between a few. All in all probably done in an hour long process. The last two were made right behind each other when the car was the hottest and it made the most power. I'm just sharing what my results were. If you have similar results then you are making good power also. Any other questions?
Again, I don't think anyone is saying Andy is selling bad product, just that Andy is full of BS and wants everyone to believe he is the mastermind, rather than a "lowly" reseller or something. That was my take on this. Wrong?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:50 AM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by FishtailnZ
I can't believe I just read all this....sounds like a facking knitting circle. Ah well, entertaining on a boring night shift if nothing else.
Knit 1, pearl 2.
Knit 1, pearl 2.
Knit 1, pearl 2.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 AM

Gremlin
Originally Posted by groupB
Again, I don't think anyone is saying Andy is selling bad product, just that Andy is full of BS and wants everyone to believe he is the mastermind, rather than a "lowly" reseller or something. That was my take on this. Wrong?
Your **** stinks! We all know where your loyalties lie...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 AM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by LZH
Not a bad idea...at least it would demonstrate his authenticity and help us all make a decision one way or the other.
I hope he does - might help a lot of people before they get taken in.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:58 AM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by CL#1
Your **** stinks! We all know where your loyalties lie...
I didn't think that was any kind of secret? I recommend RENN or Brabus to anyone who asks, Kleeman for BASIC V6 stuff (their V8 superchargers are garbage), and Lorinser (for bodywork).

My message here: try to keep things to "the big 3". A money-back warranty is pretty worthless if you lose an engine/tranny - you'd better have a good company standing behind that!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Keep the hate alive!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Is anyone else getting exactly ZERO done at work today because of this thread?

I'm gonna need I.B. to reimburse my employer because I'm feeling very guilty about this.

Please PM me for my paypal address and I'll forward your payment along to them.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 AM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Keep the hate alive!

Doing my best!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:35 AM

'12 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones
Does it matter what its called? TOmato - Tumato - same thing to me.
Tune/Flash - are we splittig hairs over terms. The facts remain that Andy said that you would get raised shift points - CHeck! (according to those that have it) and firmer shifts - CHeck! so far I fail to see the fraud here?
ANyone?
If ANdy is frauding people by calling it a flash instead of a tune -Ok.
And if the tune is indeed too expensive and your getting ripped off - Ok again - dont buy it.
I appreciate your post (I may be in the minority on this one, but I really do).

Let me say first off that I have absolutely NO BEEF with Andy, MHP, Evosport or any other tuner...nor I am affiliated with any of them. I'm just a consumer looking for the best possible "tune" out there for my beloved C63 (i.e. the most bang for the buck I can get).

It seems like u and certain others who are supporting Andy while he's unable to post here (and rightfully so) are missing a critical point: Andy claimed that he could "tune" the TCU...and used this not only as a MAJOR selling point for his product, but also to justify the hefty premium he was charging over his competitors. If this is not true (and I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt here), then that's a problem to me.

Is his product great? Sure seems like it.

Does it perform better than the others? Various members' results seem to indicate that.

Can we choose to ignore his claims and not buy his product? Sure.

Is it fair and ethical to say u can do something no one else can, not do it...and then charge consumers a premium for something that doesn't exist? I think we all know the answer to that one.

I for one am anxiously awaiting Andy's side of the story. I believe he at least deserves that. Aside from the above, I like what I've seen and heard from him so far. But I defnitely don't like being lied to. And I suspect everyone else on here feels the same way.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
As I have said many times, Andy was allowed to reply, and he chose to only offer a bit about tuning via the OBD2 port.

Brad how come my link that i posted got deleted.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Brad, don't you think this whole thing smells pretty fishy? As you know, I've never liked Andy, and never believed the hype, but it was so coincindental that right after Jim's Cali trip he decides to do a complete 180 on Andy and MHP. I mean, I came up with the Evosport getting ahold of MHP's tune before Andy even mentioned it.

I have a lot of respect for Evo, and have been a huge detractor of MHP, but this just seems really shady. I hope you can understand that.
I can understand that perception. However, the truth is the ultimate defense. I think your statement will prove itself to be quite false in the next few days.

Evosport is not a material party in all of this, but we have seen first hand a few things that make me sick. I came into this industry to make it fun and be better then the shops that I was using when I was a kid. All of my partners and I gave up 6-figure salaries to do this company. We have advanced degrees from top schools and we were in the professional world. Seeing what has happened to a few people disappointments me and saddens me that our industry is like that, and more so that people will defend what they don't know based on assumption, hearsay and a justification of their spending.

Personally, I work off of facts. I believe half of what I hear and question what I see. But when you forensically direct problematic issues and all the arrows point the same direction, it becomes compelling.

It is not my story to tell, but it will be told I suspect shortly and it should clarify a lot of the questions that people have.

As for who people should believe, well I guess that is a hard one. I tend to look at people who post with REAL names, people who have LONG established ties to the industry and to look at the motivation of people.

I am not sure how this turned into an evosport v. MHP thing, as it is hardly that. We are not a software tuner or provider. We re-sell Powerchip. I don't have a dog in this hunt. And in fact, JRCart bought Powerchip software a LONG time ago, and as a Powerchip customer, you can always get the latest tune for a re-flash fee of $100-150. He has chosen to do that, and he can tell you why.

It also is not a Powerchip/Renntech/LET/etc v. MHP thing. Nobody is using this thread to promote another source. This thread was started by someone speaking about their findings on ONE vendor.

thanks
Brad
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by mthis
Brad how come my link that i posted got deleted.
Oh, because it is against the rules of just about every forum on the internet to cross link to other forums.

Andy had a chance to reply here, and decided against it. That is his decision.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:54 AM

2002 ML55 AMG
Oh, because it is against the rules of just about every forum on the internet to cross link to other forums.

Andy had a chance to reply here, and decided against it. That is his decision.

Brad is right here. I just received a private message from YNOT600 - Stating the following:

Would you be willing to sign an affa davit stating what you posted on the forum regarding what was said about me by the powerchip employee?

I don't want to offend you if he's your friend, but I have to ask. This thread has gone way beyond the net at this point.

Thanks and apologies if I offended you.

I will not sign any affa davit about anyone. This is a public forum. Everyone including evosport, Kleemann, brabus, hps, renntech, powerchip have been bashed.

After reading this I think MHP is a fraud!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:00 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes/ BMW/ Audi

Thanks
Brad
+1

LET Motorsports has heard nothing but good things about Tim. We talk to many tuners / industry professionals and all of them think highly of him.

I wouldn't discredit him.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
This is getting old, can't we bash someone new. How about Roger Penske?

I am just wondering if we will have any people left to post that are not on probation.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Here is my story on the situation. I will try to answer question to the best of my ability.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...est-story.html
Old 02-11-2009, 11:43 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG

This is great, just like some kind of harlequin romance novel with a little Morry Povich thrown in for good measure.

KEEP THE HATE ALIVE!!!!

Hate is good!, hate is good!, hate is good!, Everybody now................
Old 02-11-2009, 12:03 PM

Looking for a new toy.
Well, I know one thing for certain - when/if my C63 order works out, I can gaurantee I won't be buying ANYthing from ANY sponsor on this board as I don't know who to believe at this point. Things look suspect from every angle as far as I can read what with all the innuendo over he said/she said, proprietary insider information, and just the whole mechanism of how all this is playing out.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jrcart
Here is my story on the situation. I will try to answer question to the best of my ability.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...est-story.html
More lost productivity for me. Everyone head over there....it is getting interesting as Jim promised.

Last edited by Sincity; 02-11-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by groupB
I didn't think that was any kind of secret? I recommend RENN or Brabus to anyone who asks, Kleeman for BASIC V6 stuff (their V8 superchargers are garbage), and Lorinser (for bodywork).

My message here: try to keep things to "the big 3". A money-back warranty is pretty worthless if you lose an engine/tranny - you'd better have a good company standing behind that!
FYI - you ARE someone at RENNTECH, so it is no surprise that you recommend RENNTech.

Again, please let people know who you are. Posting as a customer recommending them to your company is not acceptable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?