What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Jim, I have to be honest, I find what you're implying to be ridiculous. You act like you just found out Santa is dead, so now you're suing. It's so dumb. Honestly, everyone was questioning MHP/Andy, even people you have worked with and were friends with, yet you didn't care or listen. You were AT THE FRONT CHEERLEADING MHP and Andy. You were probably responsible for most of his business here. And NOW you act like you somehow got the shaft?

WTF?

Caveat emptor.
Find it to be whatever you wish, there is nothing ridiculous about my reasons for switching back to Powerchip. You don not have even the slightest idea of what is going on so I suggest you don't even attempt to go there with me.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by stefario
I, like everyone else, are following this thread - seems you gotta get in quick before some posts are deleted.

I am a bit confused though - OP said
"Now for the TCU being inside the ECU. That is entirely false and an outright LIE. You will notice in the attached pictures that even the factory Mercedes repair information shows the TCU inside the transmission, just as I have told my friend. So unless the customer is shipping the entire transmission to you, how are you giving them a TCU reflash?? ..."

But then we have been given evidence that it in fact can be done without sending the entire transmission.

So the OP who apparently knew more than God was just proven wrong by facts ... then JRCart drops in to say (in not as many words) they have revealed this is all a fraud, there is a massive law suit going on and he cant say any more ... but he will give random useless pieces of dramatic information to continue the saga.

I have an MHP tune, i would be fairly pissed off if i was scammed, wouldnt surprise me too much though, i mean sh*t like that happens all the time. I can see it going either way for many reasons.

Andy hasnt been on any other forum for a while, and club lexus has caught on to this post ... you think he would defend the claim on another forum, someone would link to it and then this thread would get shut down....

thats what i would do - but i might have just got scammed so what do i know??

PS - Someone should start the poll, "is MHP tune a scam" hahaha i would vote.
I suggest you modify your statement, DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!

WHERE DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A FRAUD OR ANYTHING ABOUT A LAWSUIT?. THE ONLY THING I HAVE SAID IS THAT I AM NOW RUNNING A REVISED POWERCHIP ECU TUNE.

I SUGGEST YOU CLARIFY SO YOU DO NOT END UP PART OF A LAWSUIT
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550 4m
Originally Posted by jrcart
I thought some of you guys might be interested in knowing that I am changing back to a Powerchip tune in my Black Series as we speak. There are many factors playing into my decision. That is all I can say on this matter at this time.
More info should be flowing in the next several days, I really can not go into much detail at this point.
Trust me, there are only one or two people posting on this thread that have the inside knowledge that I hav on this entire issue...and it is much bigger than any of you can even imagine.
We are way ahead of you........
Find it to be whatever you wish, there is nothing ridiculous about my reasons for switching back to Powerchip. You don not have even the slightest idea of what is going on so I suggest you don't even attempt to go there with me.
JRCart - what happened to thats all you could say? you might as well just tell us what is up
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
From one popcorn-munching onlooker to another, be careful what you say in this thread. Thus are the ways of the internets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel
Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 PM

e550 4m
I suggest you modify your statement, DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!

WHERE DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A FRAUD OR ANYTHING ABOUT A LAWSUIT?. THE ONLY THING I HAVE SAID IS THAT I AM NOW RUNNING A REVISED POWERCHIP ECU TUNE.

I SUGGEST YOU CLARIFY SO YOU DO NOT END UP PART OF A LAWSUIT
there ya go.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Oh well, guess my joke is not so funny after all.
In fact, it's comical because an IB employee is helping Andy to skirt the rules.
Give him a full voice Adrian or let him serve his penalty.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM

e550 4m
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
From one popcorn-munching onlooker to another, be careful what you say in this thread. Thus are the ways of the internets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel
this whole thread's basis is libel - it wasnt my intent - my mind got ahead of the actual words printed on the screen ... i thought that was the intent of his post.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:46 PM

e55
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Hey Tim,
I'm not real sure what your beef is with Andy but its obviously serious. I just received my ECU back from Andy and finally got it on the dyno today. It pulled 449rwhp and 400rwtq today. Those numbers are corrected and smoothing was done. Those are some serious numbers and as far as I know there are none higher to date. I have deleted the secondary cats and have the MKB headers. Otherwise the car is stock. Andy did a good job building power for my car and its proven. I also ran an 11.596 last Friday night in Orlando which is not the optimal conditions and it was the first day I had the ECU back. Why bash Andy/MHP and run off. What happened that caused the beef? Some of us have had great results but yet you bash him? The results are on the dyno and track so far for me.
talking to someone u know who told me about this and try to catch my car if u can lol u know who this is heheheeh

Last edited by vinnyz; 02-10-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There I go what???

You have no idea what you are talking about, I know what I have said and its not much, I suggest you find someone else to nit pick with, I will dominate you like a lettle b!tch
Old 02-10-2009, 08:50 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG

Can we bash Renntech next.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Now now, let's stay on topic....we're on to some good info.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 PM

2004 E55
There I go what???

You have no idea what you are talking about, I know what I have said and its not much, I suggest you find someone else to nit pick with, I will dominate you like a lettle b!tch
Just out of curiosity, why can't you explain what's going on to all us popcorn munchers?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:03 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by stefario
this whole thread's basis is libel - it wasnt my intent - my mind got ahead of the actual words printed on the screen ... i thought that was the intent of his post.
This is where you and I differ. What part of he cannot flash your TCU, when he only has your ECU in his hand do you and others not understand? I have not said that he could not make shifting related changes via the ECU. That is in the ECU, they are called shift comfort controls, depending on the translation. That does not flash your TCU. NO ONE CAN FLASH THE TCU, so far. I know all the sources that everyone else uses for their infomation, and even they do not have TCU infomation yet. So please everyone that speaks that I have posted untrue facts, slander, libel, malicious words prove me wrong and I will eat the crow any way you prepair it, else accept the facts! I thought I would do you MB owners a justice and spill the beans on what has/is being done to you, and many on here have came at me with thier guns out throwing led at me. Why? It has been proven by me, and others that what you are paying your hard earned cash for is not what you are getting. So someone either prove my statments wrong, or sit silent and watch.

Tim
Old 02-10-2009, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Hmmmm...... very interesting stuff keeps pouring in here, and I'm glad information is finally coming out

Okay, so now we at least know that the TCU can be flashed without having any components removed from the car at all.

EDIT: Another question here would be: does everything that gets flashed from the OBDII scanner go through the ECU first or can a flash by-pass the ECU and go directly to the TCU

Next, we need to find out if someone can update the TCU by only flashing the ECU....
Start reading at page 61 of my first link. Continue reading from there.

From what I read, the TCU is a seperately addressable control unit. From looking over the shoulders of AMG engineers working on one of the cars at the event, the process of programming each processor seemed similar.

• If transmission control module is new or transmission is replaced, then part of the installation process would be to release transport protection
and personalize (marry) the module
• Once transmission control module is married to the vehicle, it will not work correctly in another vehicle (only limp-home mode)
Since it is necessary to program the new TCU after installation, I find it highly unlikely that the ECU carries any code that get automatically downloaded to the TCU. Also, given the marraige of the 2 devices, I would have to say any change to the TCU program would have to be done with the car in hand. Sending an ECU to someone for programming would only result in the ECU being programmed and have no change to the TCU program. HOWEVER, I would consider it very likely that the information being sent to the TCU by the ECU could be modified in order to get the TCU to do something different than it normally would.

Now, for my advice to the OP, MHP, and the Mods. Take it off line and then if you can all come to a happy place post the result. If not, keep it to yourselves.

jrcart, just stating that you are changing your tune is like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Recognize the position and responsibility you have given the reputation you have created with your modifications.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:22 PM

e550 4m
So if we are all arguing whether the TCU Flash is, by strict definition, a "TCU Flash" and not a transmission optimization i dont give a flying **** - its like calling diet pepsi diet or a whole bunch of other things that i cant think of right now.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:23 PM

Gremlin
You're gonna get in trouble!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 PM

e550 4m
I assume this thread or that linked post will be deleted shortly....

or maybe i will .... or maybe i wont for saying this ... where's my tin hat
Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
In fact, it's comical because an IB employee is helping Andy to skirt the rules.
Give him a full voice Adrian or let him serve his penalty.
He was given the opportunity to reply in one clear and concise post that the board owner would post for him. This was a decision that the board owners and the admins made in order to give him due process. That was his reply.

Additionally, please remember that if he had not violated board policy, he would not be on suspension and could post himself.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Hmmmm...... very interesting stuff keeps pouring in here, and I'm glad information is finally coming out

Okay, so now we at least know that the TCU can be flashed without having any components removed from the car at all.

EDIT: Another question here would be: does everything that gets flashed from the OBDII scanner go through the ECU first or can a flash by-pass the ECU and go directly to the TCU

Next, we need to find out if someone can update the TCU by only flashing the ECU....
It would make sense to me that the only way to access a ECU or TCU would only be from the OBDII interface, unless you physically pull the ECU or TCU and then flash them. As some of us which do not have much experience on car technology (as myself) but I think a good part of us are technical or electronic engineers hardware/software like myself can make sense of all of this... For everyone else, its more like smoking mirrors. Look at it this way, has anyone ever done an update or flash on a PC bios? or update an internal device driver for a raid CU or a video CU? its the same difference. What MHP is saying is he can flash a Raid controller and then slap it back into a PC and the Raid CU will flash or update another device circuit controller (AKA TCU) Technically speaking, its impossible, when flashing an External device, in this case the (ECU)... So stay tuned, I still haven't talked about what I found in the "Pudding"
Old 02-10-2009, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Wow, you Admins are fast. Good job.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 PM

Gremlin
Not as fast as ours They shut our **** down already...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by CL#1
Not as fast as ours They shut our shiet down already...
CL#1> If you're here for the sole purpose of fanning the flames, I think you should stop.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Keeping the TCU issue separate, as this seems to be the only gripe by the OP, I am assuming that MHP's ECU tune is NOT in question...as has been proven by multiple 3rd party consumers through dyno and track results, and even independent video of a stock C63 vs a MHP tuned C63.

I have to admit though, jrcart's comments thus far leave me very confused as I do respect his reviews and opinions as I believe he cuts through all the b.s., therefore whatever is revealed in the next few days will carry some weight. However for all I know, it could be exactly the opposite of what anyone here is thinking.

I'm really disappointed all this drama has to happen now, just as MHP is about to release their headers/full exhaust and put out some new numbers. The timing of everything, the nature of some of these posts, the people involved in this thread, the 30 day suspension given to MHP for a reason I still do not know (yes I've read the thread in question) just makes no sense at this point.

Personally, I feel MHP should be allowed to defend themselves in this thread at least. As a potential customer who wasn't interested in the TCU portion of the tune anyhow, I would like to get all the facts so I can make an informed decision. I'm sure some stuff will be revealed later on this week, but without any representation by MHP nothing will be even close to being resolved.

Last edited by nrgy; 02-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
CL#1> If you're here for the sole purpose of fanning the flames, I think you should stop.
And who is CL#1?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 PM

Gremlin
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Not sure how my quote is "fanning the flames..." Injecting a little humor never hurt anyone so loosen up. We share a common interest here and one that I suspect will reveal itself very soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?