IBTL
Old 02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Old 02-11-2009, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a new toy.
I can't believe I just read all this....sounds like a facking knitting circle. Ah well, entertaining on a boring night shift if nothing else.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I don't know about you guys but I am in suspense on the finale.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Can't we find a single AMG engineer to give us just the facts on whether the TCU can be tuned or not?

I'm getting a huge headache reading about everybody's claims, assertions and speculations. Please somebody that is a true AMG automotive engineering and software seasoned professional present such credentials before posting the truth.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by jrcart
I understand your concern and trust me when I say I am treading very lightly around this situation. I have been "enlightened" to certain facts pertaining to this topic for several weeks now, I am very heavily involved in the matter(s) at hand and it affects me directly. I do not think my actions can be compared to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, however I can see how someone on the outside of the situation looking in could think that. I have had a few weeks to ponder my decision and there are lots of solid facts that I based my decision on. Unfortunately that is all I care to comment on at this time. When the time is right, I, as well as some other members will let the perverbial cat out of the bag.
Can I presume that the tune is too aggressive perhaps via such an extremely advanced timing? I can only recall when several HPS cars with a custom tune may have caused the engines to blow-up. Of course, the SC kit could also have contributed. My buddy's CL55 was one of them.

I know for a fact that Vadim would never push the envelope of power to the edge of safety, reliability or driveability even though I pressure him to do so constanlty for the last year or so. Heck I wanted him to tune for my methanol injection and he refused although he knew it would make much more power but was unsafe. He also is very conservative on how to proceed with the Twin-Charge set-up despite me constantly pushing him to do it. . He can easily make more money off me but advises against power mods that do not add much value. Examples include my latest request for ALL titanium engine upgrades, bigger exhaust, etc...or short-cut ways to further lower compression by using thicker gaskets which causes improper combustion.

I know I'm in good hands with Vadim because he has the customers LONG TERM interest in mind. I'm always wary of tuners that want to make a one-time big number at the track or on the dyno just to promote their product or service without any regard for the long term consequences a few months or years down the road when it's too late for the customer to do anything about it when something goes wrong. Vadim always tells me I'm a customer for life and he will treat my car as his own for as long as I own it!

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-11-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by dlbello
It would make sense to me that the only way to access a ECU or TCU would only be from the OBDII interface, unless you physically pull the ECU or TCU and then flash them. As some of us which do not have much experience on car technology (as myself) but I think a good part of us are technical or electronic engineers hardware/software like myself can make sense of all of this... For everyone else, its more like smoking mirrors. Look at it this way, has anyone ever done an update or flash on a PC bios? or update an internal device driver for a raid CU or a video CU? its the same difference. What MHP is saying is he can flash a Raid controller and then slap it back into a PC and the Raid CU will flash or update another device circuit controller (AKA TCU) Technically speaking, its impossible, when flashing an External device, in this case the (ECU)... So stay tuned, I still haven't talked about what I found in the "Pudding"
Thank you! You said pretty much everything I said in my post.. however I tried to make it a bit more dummy proof. Either way, I hope that people here can read our posts and understand.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:00 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
So that's an Italian Hand Job then?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Banned

Hyundai Sonata
I call myself Dr. Jones cause like Indy I HATE SNAKES, and boy is this place filled with em.
Now I hope someone reads this before it gets taken down by the owners/operators/dictators of this board.
If there is anyone who thinks this board is fair or nonbiased please just refer to this entire thread when you do.
First of all let us just pretend that the guy who started this thread has no other agenda other than to call out ANdy because he called him a fool. Ummm....Ooooookkayyy.
Everyone on this board has at one time or another insulted or said much worse things to fellow members. So far I have yet to see anyone else respond in this manner.
Now to be clear I am not Andys buddy chearleader or even friend, but this guy has gotten a rawer deal than A-Rod.
Anyone who has ever played the game Clue can put this together and figure out Andy is not being done by the Candlestick but clearly the keyboard instead.
I think the final piece of the puzzle fell into place when IndyJoe said maybe this has something to do with JRCarts car being over at EvoSport.
Hmmmmm..............
Than read another thread that said Evosport is going to start tuning the TCU - Hmmmmmmmmm...............Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............ ..
Then Jim chimes in that he's going back to a Powerchips tune boy the Spidey senses are tinglin now.
Powerchips dont they tune for .... ??? Wait its coming to me - YES! Evosport! Can u believe that?
Could Evosport have pulled a Jedi Mind Trick on old Jim while his cars has been there for over 3 weeks?
Now Tim said its nothing more than a stock 63 tune - now if Jim was one of only 3 in the country to have this - How would Tim have known this?
Could it be that Evosport jacked the MHP tune from Jims car?
Could it be that Evosport told people that it was a stock 63 tune - could it be that they told Jim the same thing?
Wow lots of questions here - lots.
NOw -This guy Tim comes out of no where after being called a "fool" and posts semantic issues ab ANdys tune - is it a flash - is it a tune?
Does it matter what its called? TOmato - Tumato - same thing to me.
Tune/Flash - are we splittig hairs over terms. The facts remain that Andy said that you would get raised shift points - CHeck! (according to those that have it) and firmer shifts - CHeck! so far I fail to see the fraud here?
ANyone?
If ANdy is frauding people by calling it a flash instead of a tune -Ok.
And if the tune is indeed too expensive and your getting ripped off - Ok again - dont buy it.
Seems to me that before Andy came along nobody was even talking about "adjusting the transmission" as Tim even admits can be done thru the ECU.
SO lets dig a little deeper shall we?
Andy comes along and makes alot of noise with his BIG MOUTH and obviously uncontrollable hands.
Starts making claims that nobody else does or even claims to be able to do.
Andy becomes a sponsor. Andy starts to get customers. Can anyone answer who runs this board - Times up - EVOSPORT!
Now at the end of the day folks what does everything boil down to?
YES - M O N E Y $! Every tune that Andy sells is one less tune that Evosport or anyone else is getting. And in this horrible economic climate its every man for himself. There is much more at stake here folks than bragging rites - Companies are on the line here - families that eat off these companies and if an upstart comes along and steals some of the thunder - well thats a bit of a problem isnt it?
THink this is far fetched well lets go to the post made by the M6 guy who stated how Wayne at Powerchips was relentlessly calling him to try his tune over ANdys - and i seem to remember a certain JRCart claiming the same thing here too. The same Jr CArt that is now back in bed w them.
Wow this really stinks man.
So if Andys tune was such garbage why was Wayne calling alot of the MHP guys to try and persuade them hell even offering free reflashes to get his customers back? ANyone care to venture a guess?
BECAUSE MAYBE ANDYS TUNE ISNT GARBAGE.
Maybe they were all running scared of this loudmouth pain in the *** who now managed to be a sponsor on the very board that you manipulate so well.
What better way of controlling him than constantly banning or suspending him for absurd "TOU" violations. PLEASE PLEASE - everyone here has violated the TOU and i only see a handful hell less than that getting banned or suspended or put on probation. There is only one guy here that is constantly put on suspension or probation constantly.
Do you think its a coincidence that this revelation has come at a time when Andy is banned for 30 days? THink again. Seriously read thru the thread that his latest ban came from - its absurd that hes banned.
Any ANdy member that comes to his aid has a probation next to their name. How about this unbelievable bit about the dictators at IB who listen to Brad and Simon allowed ANdy one post thru them to respond to allegations that could potentially end his tuning career. COME ON PEOPLE!
You think this is fair?
Bashing him and not allowing him to respond - how about not closing this thread - Please Vic has closed threads for absolutely nothing and this thread remains open - anyone care to guess how long a thread against Evosport like this would last? 2 seconds? Maybe.
Before I forget - When was the last time anyone remembers Brad jumping in to support the claims of a completely anonymous unknown guy who just joined here and makes outrageous slanderus comments about a sponsor. That answer folks would be zero. Now one more thing - Andy is about to release his header and full exhaust for 6k - anyone check the price on Evosports full header and exhaust for the 63? that would be 13k.
YEs thats more than double the price. WHy hasnt anyone cried RIPOFF to that? ANdys tune at $4500 is a ripoff but their exhaust at 13k isnt?
OK.
Could it be that if you applied my principle of MONEY being the bottom line you could see that this could be a disaster for Evosport and their charging practices?
Am i the only person here that sees this?
This is much more than whether Andys tune is good or not or whether he flashes or tunes TCU's - I think this should be quite apparent now.
Now Im going to copy this so when it gets taken down i can repost at
Absolutelydriven and 6Speed. Watch out for those snakes....
Old 02-11-2009, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i know everyone is interested...so the "other" side of the story is posted on the absolutely driven forum.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:54 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition