What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by dodger63
chubbs i was with mthis today at the dyno i think his stok was 370s but im sure hell chime in soon

what you think abouyt the tcu is it b.s or 4rele
Old 02-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Banned

several
Tim, Andy would like for you to call him directly at 614 940 9523 (his number is all over the net btw). He also told me to post some answers and corrections they are copied and pasted from an email he sent me.

Originally Posted by Tim Milliken
Andy,
You can fool some of the people all of the time, you can also fool all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

You have dragged my name and information through the mud enough; it has come time to call you out. This will be my only post, so there is no need to reply with anything to attempt to save face, I will not respond.
"Tim, I have no idea who you are. I tried to pull up info on you/EFI solutions and have found no contact info or website. From what I can tell you tune Fords/Chevys.

[quote]
I have probably been reverse engineering automotive pcms longer than you knew what they are. I am not new to this at all. You have regurgitated information that you have gotten from Dave Kasper, and Dave Kasper has got from me during a phone conversation about providing Dave with a flash device, so that his customers would not be required to send their pcm in. I had told Dave about reflash protection that ONLY Bosch can generate. Dave told you , you told a potential customer and that customer repeated back to me. Some of the details were wrong as a result of going through three people before it got back to me but the fundamental story was the same. Dave Kasper boasts having the ability to generate the necessary key to pass the protection method. If this were true, he would have a capability not intrusted to Mercedes, AMG or GM. Yes, GM is using the ME97 ecu as well. Bosch supplies development ecus to the manufactures for calibration development but the final files that are distributed to dealers are all protected and ONLY Bosch can provide the protection key. Dave is not generating these keys. If he were, there would be no need for customers to send him ecus. It is literally that simple.
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. As any of our customers will tell you they have to send their ECU/TCUs in for us to flash. We will eventulally have a remote tool available (as I'm sure others will as well) but not in the immediate future.
As for the last part of the statement above highlighted in bold, how else would we tune a customers ECU/TCU, email it to them? What would they use to flash the file? You make no sense whatsoever.

Now my friend has dynode his car stock today and a car with an ecu tuned by you. The difference was 31 RWHP. What happened to the 80+ RWHP you have promised?? The 407 RWHP he got from your “Stage III” tune is exactly what a stock E63 gets so I suspect Dave has simply placed an E63 or similar file on the C63 as they have the throttle fully opened where the C63 is throttle limited. I think the rest of the world needs to know that there is a lot more in the ecu than just opening the throttle and real tuners use this to generate more power.
Being that we've kicked out FOUR v3 tunes (mthis, jrcart, java, and DadsC63) how the hell did you get your hands on one? None of them dyno'd 376rw stock and none dyno'd 407rw after. I love it when people suspect or assume...
We've NEVER claimed 80rw gains, on our site we claim 60 flywheel even though we've made 64rw peak gain (not peak to peak, going from 373 to 436rw SAE on straight 93) and many others have had similar gains: mthis 421rw, DadsC63 449rw (more to come with his since he has headers), jrcart 525rw, Andrey Kravchenko 435rw (dyno dynamics). In addition we have the 2 quickest/fastest C63s (soon to be 3) in the world, quickest/fastest CLK63 BS's, both power adder and N/A, N/A M6, and soon to be Lexus IS-F.

You and Dave are now on notice; we will get some of your flashed ecu’s. We will read them in an attempt to prove our theory that your customers are buying nothing more than a stock Mercedes file. Either way, we will post the results. Now as to what you might say about copyrighted information. Calibration data is not copyrightable, If you think it is, sue me and see who wins. I have already been down this road a few times, and I know the directions quite well.
"On Notice"??? LOL, We're shaking in our Keds that a reverse engineer (aka theif) will now be going through our cals. Feel free, we have nothing to hide and the dyno/track restults as well as our customer testimony negate anything you can possibly dream up or "suspect".

As an alternative, customers need only log OBDii data from their cars and compare mixture, timing and throttle angle between a stock C63, stock E or S63 and your product. If the only difference is throttle opening then they will know that no real effort was put into the “tune”.
We have nothing against that whatsoever unless you copy our calibrations and sell them or use them to your benefit.

Now for the TCU being inside the ECU. That is entirely false and an outright LIE. You will notice in the attached pictures that even the factory Mercedes repair information shows the TCU inside the transmission, just as I have told my friend. You told him that I was basically a fool. Who is the real fool?? There are some shift timers and desired shift times in the ECU, but this is relayed via the CAN bus. So unless the customer is shipping the entire transmission to you, how are you giving them a TCU reflash?? Sounds to me like you owe some refunds to your customers. You might want to refer to the documentation before letting the bile spill from your mouth. I have seen many like you before, you get a little bit of information, and you spread it and attempt to make yourself appear as “The Man”. I have news for you, I have ran across your type many times before, and I am still in business long after they have went bankrupt.
Tim, I've been on the net dealing with people like you (those that assume and run their mouths) for over a decade. I haven't gone anywhere, nor will I despite your best efforts. Again I know nothing of you, and I've never even spoken to you. All I can find out about who you are is that you're a Chevy/Ford tuner, we'll see how far that gets you around here, LOL. IIRC you used to be affiliated with Modular Powerhouse? That's great and all but it still means nothing compared to the actual results we've delivered.
As for your doubts about what we do with the TCU, how exactly do we raise shift points? Increase shift firmness, raise stall converter speed, eliminate TCU based TM, eliminate over 80% of the adaptive learning, etc? Feel free to contact: jrcart, JT55, mthis, DadsC63, rarfinancial, Fr33ken63, Jackpro1, C32AMGDTM, etc and ask them their feelings on our TCU tuning--as in is it real and does it work. The resounding answer (since you obviously don't know how to use the search function) is YES.
Honestly if you really knew what you claim to you'd be tuning MBs instead of attacking others that already are now wouldn't you?
As I've told you and others, open the 7G TCU up and you'll find a bunch of solenoids that require the TCU portion of the ECU to command them. Go ahead and rip those trannys apart and see what you get.

Anyway, to summarize, I don't know who you are, or why you felt the need to post misinformation (more like BS) about us and our products. If you think you have something better to offer meet us at MIR on March 1st and we'll race heads up. Otherwise you can call me anytime to talk and fill me in on exactly what your deal/issues are.

Though by the looks of the rest of your posts you're obviously working with a competitor and or preparing to bring out your own tuning (BEST of luck with that) so you should really look into becoming a legit paying sponsor.

Finally I spoke to Dave about the accusations you've made above that involve him and he laughed so hard he almost had to pull over (driving). Evidently you've got a bone to pick because he wouldn't share info with you??? Grow up.

Thanks
Andy"

Last edited by YNOT600; 02-09-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by chubbs032
If you got 421rwhp x 17.5% = around 500 hp right? Which is in line with the E63, SL63, etc. etc.?

Didn't your car start with 38Xrwhp? So roughly 35rwhp gain?
i think you did the math a lil wrong ther no. does anyone here know how to translate 421rwhp to crank flywheel what ever hp.

P:S. i know how and i got a diff number then him.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Old 02-09-2009, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by mthis
i think you did the math a lil wrong ther no. does anyone here know how to translate 421rwhp to crank flywheel what ever hp.

P:S. i know how and i got a diff number then him.
The most widely accepted driveline loss for Merc's is 18% the easiest Calc is 421/.82 = 513.41 Crank HP

Edit:YNOT you beat me to it..

Last edited by Thericker; 02-09-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Thericker
The most widely accepted driveline loss for Merc's is 18% the easiest Calc is 421/.82 = 513.41 Crank HP
i know how to do it but chubs dint. he did it 421x17.5
Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
My mistake.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Whats with this board and suspensions? So much for free speech.

-Troy
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Mr. Moderator,
Why would you allow an individual to create an entire thread including the name just to attack someone personally? This forum should have better control of crapp like this. It shouldn't be allowed no matter who it is, especially a sponsor.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Mr. Moderator,
Why would you allow an individual to create an entire thread including the name just to attack someone personally? This forum should have better control of crapp like this. It shouldn't be allowed no matter who it is, especially a sponsor.
keith nice time i see you only 1000th os a sec slower then andy. was that WITH THE MHP TUNE lol. next time dont drink the water before the race you would of had a 2000th faster j/k great job i think you and andy will be the 1st to hit 10 in the c63.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Mr. Moderator,
Be careful, big brother my be reading. So much for standing up for the sponsor (the guy who pays money, remember). BTW, if this is my last post because I am kicked, it's been fun.

-Troy
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by mthis
who are you. whats your friends naem that has his car tuned. he most likey dint break in the tune the RIGHT WAY.
Break in the tune????

You mean let it adapt to your fuel? A good tune doesn't "break in" If your car is leaning on the Long Term and short term adaptations then it wasn't done correctly. Those numbers should ALWAYS be close to zero
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
If Tim came here JUST to enlighten all of us members and tell us how Andy has been lying to us, scamming people etc that would be one thing - and appreciated. But what is not appreciated, is he clearly said the reason he is here is becasue someone told him Andy called him a fool. Seems to me that sort of personal BS needs to be addressed in private and not on a public forum. What is also very suspect is the fact that Tim works for MHP's competitors and that makes his post here even more unethical.
If you want to be taken seriously, and in the effort of full disclosure...you need to tell us who you are and who you work for.

Last edited by LZH; 02-09-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
This will be my only post, so there is no need to reply with anything to attempt to save face, I will not respond.
Current post count: 5
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Break in the tune????

You mean let it adapt to your fuel? A good tune doesn't "break in" If your car is leaning on the Long Term and short term adaptations then it wasn't done correctly. Those numbers should ALWAYS be close to zero
i may not know much about tuning but i do know alot of my friend that have vw and audi's that do odb2 tuning to ther cars (someone does for them) and they same the samething as i did, i dont know about you but i know for my self that everytime i drive the car it get faster. i just went to bring the gf home and i was like wow. the more miles i put on the faster it goes i dont know maybe its my car, or i got a speacial car or something anyway i like it thanks MHP you did a great job
Old 02-09-2009, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by LZH
If Tim came here JUST to enlighten all of us members and tell us how Andy has been lying to us, scamming people etc that would be one thing - and appreciated. But what is not appreciated, is he clearly said the reason he is here is becasue someone told him Andy called him a fool. Seems to me that sort of personal BS needs to be addressed in private and not on a public forum.
+1000
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by LZH
If Tim came here JUST to enlighten all of us members and tell us how Andy has been lying to us, scamming people etc that would be one thing - and appreciated. But what is not appreciated, is he clearly said the reason he is here is becasue someone told him Andy called him a fool. Seems to me that sort of personal BS needs to be addressed in private and not on a public forum. What is also very suspect is the fact that Tim works for MHP's competitors and that makes his post here even more unethical.
If you want to be taken seriously, and in the effort of full disclosure...you need to tell us who you are and who you work for.
Andy is STEALING from all of you. He cannot tune the TCU!! Plain and simple. I said that I do work for many companies. I do not promote anyone for Merc. tuning. Do I tune myself, yes I do, my race car, which is a Ford that makes more RWHP at 3500 than a whole line of C63's all strapped to one dyno. If you guys would open your eyes and really learn in in's and out's you would see the writing on the wall that you are getting robbed. But it is your hard earned cash that you throw away for TCU tuning that never finds it's way form your ECU to the TCU inside the transmission. Yes there are a few things in the ECU that is shift related, but if Mr Andy is really tuning the TCU, lets see him change the shift points by a lot (not 100-300 RPM), or lets see him change the torque conv. lockup. Let have the conv. lock in all gears at 100% at full throttle. He can't do that, that can only be done via a TCU flash, not a "MHP TCU flash".

What I have done here is enlighten everyone what is going on. If I would have told the NYSE about Enron deal before it happened, they would have been happy. And now I am not promoting or saying that any of you should go to any shop to get your car tuned. Go where ever you please. But now you can go armed with the facts.

Tim
Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
now that you are here y dont you call him who you sceard of

Last edited by mthis; 02-09-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
That's more like it....

The "I heard from a guy that Andy called me a fool" bit was not necessary. If you go back and look at my past threads regarding this, you will see that I in fact questioned Andy about how exactly the TCU is tuned VIA THE ECU and it's been discussed before - many times. If that is your only beef with MHP tuning, it's a valid one and a point well taken as we all know the TCU is buried in the transmission. But, to say that MHP is simply giving C63 owners the factory tune/tables from a STOCK S63 or CL63 is, well, a bit of a reach and if you are wrong you are gonna have mud on your face and a heafty lawsuit. Sure, you might win...but it's gonna be money out of your pocket for no reason.

You and Dave are now on notice; we will get some of your flashed ecu’s. We will read them in an attempt to prove our theory that your customers are buying nothing more than a stock Mercedes file. Either way, we will post the results.
I look forward to seeing these results ASAP.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Hey what this guy does kinda makes sense. It seems like the c63 guys are happy with their tunes but Ive been doin my research and most of the complains ive read are from E class owners and clks too. Then there is Famoso, where MHP claimed their tune for a e55 was going to "kill" and "rip off mikeys bumper" couldnt even make a pass. Im not at all condoning whats going on, im just saying Tim does have some evidence backing what hes saying. I think alot of people just have a tough time admitting they dont know much about cars or admitting they got scammed and paying a whole lot of money for something they could have got cheaper elsewhere. The proof is in the pudding MHP tunes can make an improvement in HP but not for everybody.

Last edited by JYOO; 02-09-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
mthis,

Stop being Andy's "B" love child....
Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Break in the tune????

I would also like someone credible (ummm... ) to elaborate on why an ECU tune on the 6.2l needs to be "broken in" in order to get the "full benefit." I hadn't heard this until MHP's customers said so.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MACHC5
mthis,

Stop being Andy's "B" love child....

nice one jim i wont say nothing i still got a "LIL" respect for you.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
I would also like someone credible (ummm... ) to elaborate on why an ECU tune on the 6.2l needs to be "broken in" in order to get the "full benefit." I hadn't heard this until MHP's customers said so.
tell you the truth i had p/c tell me the samething when i got the ecu and also when i dynoed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?