Sponsored by:

What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Nothing really constructive to add to this thread but if you Google "Tim Milliken" you're directed to Mustangs forums, of at least one that username has been banned. And also he's linked to something called EFI Solutions. Which appears to be a tuning company that specializes in Ford Mustangs.

That is all, carry on.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 02-09-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Originally Posted by mthis
nice one jim i wont say nothing i still got a "LIL" respect for you.
mthis,

Glad you took it the right way, now put your MHP Pom Pom's down...

Jim
Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
RENNtech confirmed it to me the other day: The TCU is located inside the Transmission on 63's.
I was told by Renntech, in order to get a TCU tune it would have to have the whole trans shipped out. However some small adjustment can be made in the ECU, but nothing to constitute a TCU tune. I tend to think validity to the story.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by JYOO
Hey what this guy does kinda makes sense. It seems like the c63 guys are happy with their tunes but Ive been doin my research and most of the complains ive read are from E class owners and clks too. Then there is Famoso, where MHP claimed their tune for a e55 was going to "kill" and "rip off mikeys bumper" couldnt even make a pass. Im not at all condoning whats going on, im just saying Tim does have some evidence backing what hes saying. I think alot of people just have a tough time admitting they dont know much about cars or admitting they got scammed and paying a whole lot of money for something they could have got cheaper elsewhere. The proof is in the pudding MHP tunes can make an improvement in HP but not for everybody.
"The proof is in the PUDDING" I wonder who posted that first?

BTW... Tim is the real deal, I don't know him personally but through professional drag racing friends of mine. What makes this more interesting is that he is Not here to make a Penny but just to enlighten everyone to the pure facts of tuning. For those of you whom which have gotten tunes then in the coming days/ weeks more crap may hit the fan in regards to TCU tunes... Stay Tuned plz excuse the Pun
Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MACHC5
mthis,

Glad you took it the right way, now put your MHP Pom Pom's down...

Jim
comon Jim, im just saying that the tune that andy MHP give is not b.s, i dont know if you had it or not and dont care. im just trying to tell everyone on here that cares, if you dont mine you bizz,

if anyone wants a ride and want to feel the shift firmness, p.m, and you will see the diff from a stock shift to this one.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by dlbello
For those of you whom which have gotten tunes then in the coming days/ weeks more crap may hit the fan in regards to TCU tunes...
.....more than you could ever imagine.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
LOL

There are 56 members currently viewing this thread. Is that a record?
Almost a Member!

so now ynot600 from mhp is on suspension now too? kind of funny that they are board sponsors. anyways i'd tend to believe renntech wayyy over mhp considering that hartmut actually worked for amg and still has a lot of close connections there.
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
OP,

You seem to be referring to the TCU as a part on the transmission valve body from the diagrams posted. I thought the TCU or ETC was the part under the floorboard. I have 3 TCU/ETC units in my possesion and they were located under the passenger floorboard of my W203. My TCU/ETC uses a part made by Siemens EGS52 Q01.

Your reference to the TCU location is confusing. Are you confusing this with a different part than the Electronic Transmission Control unit?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 PM

a g
Originally Posted by YNOT600
So even though he's never met you, talked to you, or even seen you, you're angry because he "basically" called you a fool? (how does that work??) And to top it off you work for a competitor...Wouldn't this entire thread then be a sponsor attacking another sponsor? Isn't that illegal and one of the reasons Andy was allegedly suspended?

Talk about double standards...
Nothing is illegal about condemning a competitor, although it isn't the most professional thing to do, definitely NOT illegal.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Whats with this board and suspensions? So much for free speech.
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Mr. Moderator,
Why would you allow an individual to create an entire thread including the name just to attack someone personally? This forum should have better control of crapp like this. It shouldn't be allowed no matter who it is, especially a sponsor.
So let me get this straight - you want free speech, but you want Tim to be censored?

What is it? Free speech or censorship? Please tell me - as you guys are in agreement, but sending totally different signals!

For the record, this site has never deleted posts like these. Regardless of if they attack a sponsor or a member. Tim is not a competitor, he is a highly regarded engineer that has material fact on a situation that MAY or MAY NOT benefit the user base.

If you don't believe him or care what he is saying, then ignore it.

But calling for him to be "controlled" at the same time you are claiming the the board has too much "censorship" is just plain hypocritical.

mthis,

Stop being Andy's "B" love child....
Now posts like this certainly do nothing to help the forum or the tone of a thread. PM sent, and I will ask everyone to attempt to respect each other and not attack in this manner. Even if an inside joke or an attempt at humor, the majority of the board will see it as an attack.

Thanks
Brad
Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Merged ECU/TCU??? TCU inside the tranny??? Just confirms that I know nothing about 63s. :/
Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Brad, are you going to give the boys from MHP (or Andy, more specifically) a chance to retort though?

David

Originally Posted by otoupalik
So let me get this straight - you want free speech, but you want Tim to be censored?

What is it? Free speech or censorship? Please tell me - as you guys are in agreement, but sending totally different signals!

For the record, this site has never deleted posts like these. Regardless of if they attack a sponsor or a member. Tim is not a competitor, he is a highly regarded engineer that has material fact on a situation that MAY or MAY NOT benefit the user base.

But calling for him to be "controlled" at the same time you are claiming the the board has too much "censorship" is just plain hypocritical.

Now posts like this certainly do nothing to help the forum or the tone of a thread. PM sent, and I will ask everyone to attempt to respect each other and not attack in this manner. Even if an inside joke or an attempt at humor, the majority of the board will see it as an attack.

Thanks
Brad
Old 02-09-2009, 11:21 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Brad,

Thanks for the clarification on Mr.Tim.

I assume most people spending a lot of money (thousands) for a basic 2 minute ECU flash should have all the help passable in regards to what you're actually getting Not what you think you're getting...

There should be more people like Tim that stand up for peoples right to know...
Old 02-09-2009, 11:21 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
LOL

There are 56 members currently viewing this thread. Is that a record?

Thats why PAC and Biggie, 50 cent vs others...sold so many records.

EVERYBODY LOVES BEEF!!

WEEEEST SIDE!!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8

EVERYBODY LOVES BEEF!!

WEEEEST SIDE!!
Certainly beats most of the drivel we're stuck with on this forum most days. LOL

Oh, and now we're up to 62!!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I didn't catch why MHP/Andy got suspended on his MBWorld account???
Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

EVERYBODY LOVES BEEF!!

WEEEEST SIDE!!
i dont know i might have to go with the east on this one
east sideeeeeee lol fity and biggie, and alot more.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Originally Posted by otoupalik

Thanks
Brad
I'm sorry guys... I think I was having low blood sugar when I posted and it was a little insensitive and crass....
I just had my late night cookies and milk since then, so I'm better now.
Jim
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by dlbello
Brad,

Thanks for the clarification on Mr.Tim.

I assume most people spending a lot of money (thousands) for a basic 2 minute ECU flash should have all the help passable in regards to what you're actually getting Not what you think you're getting...

There should be more people like Tim that stand up for peoples right to know...

i dont think that it take 2 min to change my shift from 8 to 10. or to do a v1 to v2,
Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
I'm sorry guys... I think I was having low blood sugar when I posted and it was a little insensitive and crass....
I just had my late night cookies and milk since then, so I'm better now.
Jim

Old 02-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
This is pure speculation, But I think MHP got suspended for a past thread beef with LET Motorsports, MHP compared the LET tune for the C32 the "Holiday Inn" and their tune the "Four Seasons" Needless to say LET Motorsports did not take to that comment well at all.

As a member who hangs out in the C32/55 section. Most members know their C32 tuning gets alot of respect.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 PM

bike
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
This is pure speculation, But I think MHP got suspended for a past thread beef with LET Motorsports, MHP compared the LET tune for the C32 the "Holiday Inn" and their tune the "Four Seasons" Needless to say LET Motorsports did not take to that comment well at all.

As a member who hangs out in the C32/55 section. Most members know their C32 tuning gets alot of respect.
LOL...you gotta give it to MHP. He is funny.

Last edited by bigbodybeeenz; 02-09-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by hooleyboy

Whose? LET's, or MHP's?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:47 PM

08 e90 m3/09 c63/ 06 cls55 /
mthis I'm sure your car is quick. I'm hardly an authority on ecu tuning. But as a computer programmer, to change an electronic variable that relates to 'shift firmness' is about as simple as punching in a series different numbers. It would probably take a while the first time you're figuring out all the proper values to put into the car, but once you have a 'tune' it should be something that could be done in less than a few minutes once you have all the necessary real world equipment hooked up.

As for breaking a tune in, in all my time as a wrx owner with all the cobb accessport flashes, and retunes I've never heard of someone having to 'break in' their tune to get the most out of it. And those old 02 gda's have adaptives too. What you may be experiencing is some self-perceived performance gains over time, but I'd be willing to change my view on the whole break in procedure if someone has actual concrete evidence rather than anecdotal word of mouth "someone said this other guy.." "or I'm feeling its stronger". After any purchase people always tend to rationalize and become somewhat biased to their acquisition, I mean just look at gsmarena, if people can get rabid over a 600 dollar phone one could only imagine the amount of justification one would have to have with a $4000+ purchase.

I'm sure the MHP tune produces results as was seen in the videos posted by Andy on youtube, and from Dadsc63 account, but the question is whether or not its worth the price premium (which comes from the TCU tuning and break-in improvements).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?