C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a good deal..How? Help me please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 SL550
Getting a good deal..How? Help me please.

Hello guys, I'm trying to lease or buy a new C63 coupe but I have a big problem for getting a discount.
I searched and found out that many guys got a great discount on C63
($4k~5k least $3k)
I asked two MB dealers in my area and sadly, $1500 is maximum discount they can get on MY12 and MY13 (AMG cars are usually NOT negotiable).
At first time, I understood. However, I was so frustrated after searching in this forum and I feel like I'm really bad at negotiating (English is my second language, this could be another reason..)
I really want P31 and LSD but that's almost a 10K and it's out of my budget range, but if I can get like $4k discount and I can go for it.
Any advice? What should I do to get a good discount?
Your helps will be greatly appreciated
Old 07-28-2012, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Yes, what you're asking for isn't unreasonable.

Go into the GM's office and say look, I want this car, but I want it at a $4k discount. If you can make it happen, here's my pen, I'm ready to buy right now. If you can't I will find a dealer somewhere across the country who can and who will. I would prefer to buy from you locally but hey for $4k savings I'll buy from the easter bunny if I have to. Can you make it happen?

If he/she doesnt do it right there, they will eventually. And in the meantime, you'll find someone else if you call around. Just be very serious, when they try to talk you down just say nope, $4k is the deal I want, can we do business?

You may be able to get even more with other tactics but with your mention of english being your 2nd language, this is probably the easiest way for you to approach without having to schmooze.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:41 AM

Segway
If you want a huge discount look for a 2011. I just bought one brand new fully loaded P31/LSD ect. and got 16k off MSRP. They are going fast now though my dealer sold the two they had in the same day which is when the discount was applied.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:51 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by slfmde
If you want a huge discount look for a 2011. I just bought one brand new fully loaded P31/LSD ect. and got 16k off MSRP. They are going fast now though my dealer sold the two they had in the same day which is when the discount was applied.
^ this. For discount a normal C63 can be 8% below MSRP, 10% if you get military discount, and 12% is like that dealer's absolute bottom line. So instead of thinking in terms of hard numbers, you should think about this by percentage. I am sure most dealers can do 4k off as it is not even 4% off MSRP. Good luck looking for a C63.

Sheep
Old 07-28-2012, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by TigerJK
Hello guys, I'm trying to lease or buy a new C63 coupe but I have a big problem for getting a discount.
I searched and found out that many guys got a great discount on C63
($4k~5k least $3k)
I asked two MB dealers in my area and sadly, $1500 is maximum discount they can get on MY12 and MY13 (AMG cars are usually NOT negotiable).
At first time, I understood. However, I was so frustrated after searching in this forum and I feel like I'm really bad at negotiating (English is my second language, this could be another reason..)
I really want P31 and LSD but that's almost a 10K and it's out of my budget range, but if I can get like $4k discount and I can go for it.
Any advice? What should I do to get a good discount?
Your helps will be greatly appreciated
This is BS. Dealer just wants you to think you are buying some kind of exotic. Negotiate like any other mercedes car. I got 6000 (8% off msrp) usd off my 2012 back in Jan! (although I had an Acura Integra, which helped me knock 2 grand right off the bat) Just be willing to walk out. My sales guy drop a couple grand everytime I said that I will go look at a different dealer lol.

if you can find a 12 you like I'd say aim for even higher discount, just gotta shop around different dealers.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
Look out of state. My local dealers were only willing to offer a small discount on non-P31 cars. One dealer hit me up for a $15k markup and wouldn't budge. I found a car out in CO, dealer offered $4k off and it was almost exactly what I wanted. Someone beat me to the deposit, I ended up ordering it and doing Euro Delivery.

Good luck.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:23 PM

1990 500SL-2002 C230 Coupe-2012 c250 Sedan SOLD-2012 C63 Coupe
I just bought a coupe as well. Had to make sure I got what I wanted for my trade-in 2012 c250 as well in thinking out my total cost but I got my new 12' coupe for about 7 or 8% off which was not hard to do.

4k off should be easy to do, although if you find the car you like I wouldnt mind just getting the 4k off and being happy instead of shooting for an amazing deal. But yeah they should be able to take something off.

EDIT: And your not too far away from California by the way...
Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 AM

ML320, 190E
Hey Sheep,

Do the percentages you posted above, include conquest/loyalty/fleet etc.?

For example: 8% off a 70k car is 5600 + 1000 (conquest) makes the deal ~10.6% off MSRP.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
need to contact some out of state dealers.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by SunnyPatel52
Hey Sheep,

Do the percentages you posted above, include conquest/loyalty/fleet etc.?

For example: 8% off a 70k car is 5600 + 1000 (conquest) makes the deal ~10.6% off MSRP.
In most cases this will include conquest/loyalty/etc. Dealer needs to make a reasonable margin on these cars somewhere, so they build it in to the negotiated price.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Go in on the last day of the month and 1 hr before they close, I, sure you can pull 5 - 6k off. My buddy had the same issue so I took him back in last month and got him 6500k off ..
Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Lots of helpful hints above. Definitely don't limit yourself to local dealer. For me, I was reaching out to dealers all over the US. Yes, everything in the world can be negotiated, so don't take that BS from them.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911
All you need to do is wear black leather shoes with no laces and park your car in the used car lot.
Walk into the dealership like you own the place and ask to speak to the GM of the dealership -- tell them you are in a hurry and that you are a kingpin.
When they ask you "What do you mean, a kingpin of what?", simply ignore them and repeat your demands to speak to the GM.
You can also mention, "Look, I am on borrowed time here."

When the GM greets you and smiles, you can shake his outstretched hand but make sure you do not smile back.
This is important, whatever you do, do not smile.
If you need to pass gas, do it now before you step foot in his office, because once you do, he will close the door and you will be forced to breathe in your own gas -- this is bad because it might cause you to smirk a little, and you do not want to do anything with your face that may resemble a smile.

As soon as the GM sits down at his desk, reach into your two front pockets and place 2 apples on his desk -- make sure they are of the red delicious variety, granny apples will not work.

Simply say, "How do you like them apples?" and then walk out of the dealership.

Whatever you do, resist all temptation to look back -- I know you will be curious about his reaction to your abrupt departure and apple presentation, but I repeat, DO NOT LOOK BACK.

By the time you get back to your car, check your voicemail.
You will have a new message from the GM offering you the car for whatever price you feel is reasonable.

You are welcome.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:38 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by rory breaker
In most cases this will include conquest/loyalty/etc. Dealer needs to make a reasonable margin on these cars somewhere, so they build it in to the negotiated price.
Generally yes. Also researching truecar.com might help.

Sheep
Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by bsmooth7
All you need to do is wear black leather shoes with no laces and park your car in the used car lot.
Walk into the dealership like you own the place and ask to speak to the GM of the dealership -- tell them you are in a hurry and that you are a kingpin.
When they ask you "What do you mean, a kingpin of what?", simply ignore them and repeat your demands to speak to the GM.
You can also mention, "Look, I am on borrowed time here."

When the GM greets you and smiles, you can shake his outstretched hand but make sure you do not smile back.
This is important, whatever you do, do not smile.
If you need to pass gas, do it now before you step foot in his office, because once you do, he will close the door and you will be forced to breathe in your own gas -- this is bad because it might cause you to smirk a little, and you do not want to do anything with your face that may resemble a smile.

As soon as the GM sits down at his desk, reach into your two front pockets and place 2 apples on his desk -- make sure they are of the red delicious variety, granny apples will not work.

Simply say, "How do you like them apples?" and then walk out of the dealership.

Whatever you do, resist all temptation to look back -- I know you will be curious about his reaction to your abrupt departure and apple presentation, but I repeat, DO NOT LOOK BACK.

By the time you get back to your car, check your voicemail.
You will have a new message from the GM offering you the car for whatever price you feel is reasonable.

You are welcome.

man you're too much lol
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
When I ordered my car I asked for 5% which was about 4k. They wanted to give me 3k. I said no thanks and walked out. GM ran after me after I left the building and accepted the offer.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 PM

Porsche 911
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
man you're too much lol
What, you don't agree with parking in the used car lot?
Old 08-30-2012, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Get an internet sales price negotiation going. I've bought all my cars that way. Ask for the internet sales manager. Just tell them that you are willing to come from outside their sales area if they can get you the price you want. It will take lots of phone calls and email, but eventually if your price is fair you'll win out.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
There are significant shortages on all AMG engines right now, an issue that didn't exist for MY12.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
You can decide whether or not this is too much for you, but here is a what a wealthy colleague of mine does...every time. He buys lots of high end cars this way.

1) go online and find 4-5 cars that you would be willing to buy...have to be flexible a little on options, etc. obviously. need to be reasonably same price category (i.e. +/- 5% MSRP)

2) send an email to the internet sales manager confirming availability of each car individually

3) then send an email to all of the internet sales managers, show their addresses on the to: line. In the email, indicate "I have communicated with each of you about your C63 #inventory car. I am going to purchase a C63 in the next 72 hours. I will buy from whichever of you offers me the greatest discount. Please send your best/final discount to me privately. I will only read one email, there will no be any back and forth and negotiating. If you do not want to participate, no hard feelings, just please do not respond then."

He swears by this system. Basically gets multiple dealers competing for your business. Gives the dealers transparency to their competition. Makes them think long and hard about providing their very best and final discount offer to you. Some will get pissed and not participate/respond, but who cares? I think its actually very fair and above board. Just creates a bit of an auction for you, in your favor.

Last edited by jtrichel; 08-30-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:28 PM

Porsche 911
Gonna pick up the 2015 c63 next year.
Might even use the apple trick.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Originally Posted by jtrichel
3) then send an email to all of the internet sales managers, show their addresses on the to: line. In the email, indicate "I have communicated with each of you about your C63 #inventory car. I am going to purchase a C63 in the next 72 hours. I will buy from whichever of you offers me the greatest discount. Please send your best/final discount to me privately. I will only read one email, there will no be any back and forth and negotiating. If you do not want to participate, no hard feelings, just please do not respond then."

He swears by this system. Basically gets multiple dealers competing for your business. Gives the dealers transparency to their competition. Makes them think long and hard about providing their very best and final discount offer to you. Some will get pissed and not participate/respond, but who cares? I think its actually very fair and above board. Just creates a bit of an auction for you, in your favor.
This (above) is my exact technique when I order cars. I specify they must have a an early allocation slot or incoming slot that is changeable to my specs available and see which of the three salesmen I email will get the closest to my requested discount. I send one email showing the names and locations of all three recipients so it's clear I'm being fair. I base the request on the best discount owners post they got on the various forums I frequent. Always works. The same Audi salesman replied each time "Let's get it done!" He recently confided in me saying he's fine selling to me near cost since he rapes most of the unsuspecting customers that walk through the door.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 10-13-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 AM

2013 c63
I just bought a 2013 c63 that a dealer had on the lot, only 63 miles on it. I waited for a few days after coming in, then asked for 10k off... Then waited another 4 days and asked for another 3 off. He only budged off an extra 1k, but 2 days later said ok to the 3k I wanted! Sticker was 72k but got it for 59k!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by Swamyg1
I just bought a 2013 c63 that a dealer had on the lot, only 63 miles on it. I waited for a few days after coming in, then asked for 10k off... Then waited another 4 days and asked for another 3 off. He only budged off an extra 1k, but 2 days later said ok to the 3k I wanted! Sticker was 72k but got it for 59k!
Damn

Just paid 51k for my stupid lexus, if I only knew that 8k more would get me a C63
Old 10-14-2013, 03:27 PM

2008 Mercedes ML63 AMG
keep shopping around.