AMG Performance Center, any advantage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
AMG Performance Center, any advantage?

I noticed that from the Mercedes dealerships in my area, only one, Rockville center advertises having an AMG performance center.
Beyond the advert, what does this Actually mean?
One of their mechanics was trained by AMG?
Do they have an employee from Affalterbach on site?
And what does this do, charge you even more money than the regular dealer price, in hopes of better quality work?
Can anybody confirm that they had an advantage by bringing the car to the AMG center rather than a regular dealer?
Old 04-01-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
Press Release from '08

PRESS RELEASE

Affalterbach – AMG, the performance brand within Mercedes-Benz Cars, is establishing 175 new AMG Performance Centers worldwide by the end of next year thus offering a more personalized service to customers. A commitment to first-class service quality at every stage in the customer relationship is one of the key elements of the AMG brand promise of "Performance". This focus on developing an even closer relationship with customers extends to a total of 15 countries. A very special brand experience is also delivered by the AMG Performance Roadshow.

The redesigned sales showrooms of the AMG Performance Centers are characterized by a consistently applied and unique AMG brand identity. Highquality materials, exclusive furnishings and a palette of colours that is representative of AMG create an exclusive atmosphere for sales discussions. An oversized AMG engine badge serves to remind visitors of the company's philosophy of "One Man – One Engine": The assembly of each powerful AMG engine by just one engineer. The individualization options available through the designo programme are also reflected at the AMG Performance Centers in the form of paintwork and leather samples.

The targeted training of AMG Sales and Service experts all over the world through a uniform coaching partner ensures first-class service delivery at every touch-point throughout the customer relationship. A 'hotline' to the home of AMG in Affalterbach also guarantees that the high standards of service expected by AMG customers can be met: Every AMG Performance Center can make direct contact with an AMG expert, should they have any questions about the product or specific configuration possibilities.

AMG Performance Roadshows with exclusive appeal
A special brand experience will be provided by a series of AMG Performance Roadshows. These exclusive events will allow some 200 customers at each of the 175 AMG Performance Centers to experience the world of AMG in more detail. Expert presenters will talk to customers and prospective customers about the history and the fascination of the AMG brand. High-performance vehicles from the current AMG range will be available for intensive test drives; while a display of exclusive vehicles from the AMG Performance Studio, such as the SL 63 AMG "Edition IWC" will serve to underline AMG's expertise in the development and design of extraordinary sports cars.

Training for AMG Performance Centers in two waves
Training for the 175 Mercedes-Benz Sales Partners to become AMG Performance Centers will be undertaken in two waves: While these comprehensive measures are already well underway in the key AMG markets of Germany, the US, Japan and China, AMG is currently preparing the roll-out in further regions.

I suppose one should expect a deeper level of AMG knowledge, better selection, allotments, etc......in the end, they are a dealership
Old 04-01-2017, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Sounds like pure marketing. It's just a veneer to generate more "luxury" sales. They wear nicer suits and you sit in a nicer leather chairs for signing papers. That's all.

I suppose that they would naturally put their better AMG technicians there, as those sites may generate more revenue so they can pay talent to relocate. I'll admit that there might be more to this. How to compare levels of service?

Last edited by BLKROKT; 04-01-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Sounds like pure marketing. It's just a veneer to generate more "luxury" sales. They wear nicer suits and you sit in a nicer leather chairs for signing papers. That's all.

I suppose that they would naturally put their better AMG technicians there, as those sites may generate more revenue so they can pay talent to relocate. I'll admit that there might be more to this. How to compare levels of service?
The marketing hype would lead you to believe that they would put their better techs there, but in reality, it just means that they have an AMG certified tech on site. Most dealerships have a few AMG certified master mechanics working onsite. All it really means is that the dealership has a separate area to show off their AMG's and charge you a premium for that....
Old 04-01-2017, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
There are a couple AMG techs on here who can answer this for sure
Old 04-01-2017, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
You know, I was thinking, what would make me reach extra deeper in my wallet, or get in debt, as far as my AMG, how would they be guaranteed to .. get me?
Here's how:
Fly in the boy that put the engine together, at least to look and advise the mechanic that woks on it.
Extra Customer Service, Really tight customer experience brilliantly tailored to.... ?
Bring in the AMG dude that bolted the engine, or his coworker if he's out! That's when it's wonderful and worth the money I see that you want to charge..
And you know what? if a different AMG guy re-bolts it (say like for head bolts upgrade), change the plate with the different guy's name.

Obviously, the above is daydreaming, but I hope AMG monitors this and reads this.

Last edited by Vladds; 04-01-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
There are a couple AMG techs on here who can answer this for sure
And if not, we can always ask at the Lounge
Old 04-01-2017, 10:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 C63 1998 ML430
Originally Posted by Vladds
I noticed that from the Mercedes dealerships in my area, only one, Rockville center advertises having an AMG performance center.
Beyond the advert, what does this Actually mean?
One of their mechanics was trained by AMG?
Do they have an employee from Affalterbach on site?
And what does this do, charge you even more money than the regular dealer price, in hopes of better quality work?
Can anybody confirm that they had an advantage by bringing the car to the AMG center rather than a regular dealer?
it's a area in the showroom dedicated to amg vehicles. Dealer pays in order to say it's amg performance center. MB will direct customer to that center, a benefit to that dealer. Marketing is all it is. Use a dealer your comfortable with. Every dealer will have a few amg trained employees
Old 04-02-2017, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by AwdthisC63
it's a area in the showroom dedicated to amg vehicles. Dealer pays in order to say it's amg performance center. MB will direct customer to that center, a benefit to that dealer. Marketing is all it is. Use a dealer your comfortable with. Every dealer will have a few amg trained employees
EXACTLY.

My dealership consists of an extra large main building, and a smaller but still large secondary building. THat second building is where they have put the CPO cars, and moved them out as need be for events. That is now being converted into an AMG Performance Center. Same guys out front, and same guys out back. Just a little more prominent and "exclusive" display of the AMGs.