Sponsored by:

Official exhaust software upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Quick update, I picked up my car yesterday and had a decent time to drive it around to compare in all the driving modes.

I have previously owned a 2015 sedan and now a 2016 coupe. My Coupe is already a big change to the sedan, the pops bangs and the cabin noise in general. I decided earlier this year to have the secondary cats deleted, which was a pretty good decision. It made my car even louder.

This update has taken it to the next level... I had the 'ME' and 'Transmission' software updated - Took them about 3 hours for the update. When I went to pick it up I decided to drop it into spots+ and rev it in neutral.... holy sh*t! Previously there used to be one big bang (that was already loud due to deleting the secondary cats)... Now there are multiple loud bangs (even louder than before).

Driving feedback - Car drives the same in Comfort, no change. Sports+ and Race modes seem to be much more refined due to the transmission update (I assume). Gears change more seamlessly, there is no hopping and less jerking than before. The biggest difference however is the noise. Downshifting gears have multiple pops, which was never the case before. Also, when driving at a steady speed and letting go off the gas you can hear multiple loud bangs go off. I had people looking at my car (more than usual).

I was hesitant earlier this week after reading someone having issues with their update. I can happy vouch this update is EPIC to say the least and anyone who feels their 2015/16 models don't need this update... all I can say you don't know what you're missing out on. It's free, why wouldn't you get the most out of what you've paid for.

Will get some videos for you guys over the weekend!
The following users liked this post:
Andyroo (06-29-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Sanch
Quick update, I picked up my car yesterday and had a decent time to drive it around to compare in all the driving modes.

I have previously owned a 2015 sedan and now a 2016 coupe. My Coupe is already a big change to the sedan, the pops bangs and the cabin noise in general. I decided earlier this year to have the secondary cats deleted, which was a pretty good decision. It made my car even louder.

This update has taken it to the next level... I had the 'ME' and 'Transmission' software updated - Took them about 3 hours for the update. When I went to pick it up I decided to drop it into spots+ and rev it in neutral.... holy sh*t! Previously there used to be one big bang (that was already loud due to deleting the secondary cats)... Now there are multiple loud bangs (even louder than before).

Driving feedback - Car drives the same in Comfort, no change. Sports+ and Race modes seem to be much more refined due to the transmission update (I assume). Gears change more seamlessly, there is no hopping and less jerking than before. The biggest difference however is the noise. Downshifting gears have multiple pops, which was never the case before. Also, when driving at a steady speed and letting go off the gas you can hear multiple loud bangs go off. I had people looking at my car (more than usual).

I was hesitant earlier this week after reading someone having issues with their update. I can happy vouch this update is EPIC to say the least and anyone who feels their 2015/16 models don't need this update... all I can say you don't know what you're missing out on. It's free, why wouldn't you get the most out of what you've paid for.

I'm jelly.
My car is neutered.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by auditoamg
I'm jelly.
My car is neutered.
Sorry to hear mate, that is just not acceptable. I would take it back and have them run a full diagnostic on the car and let them figure out the issues. If it's under warranty it should be a burden on their shoulders.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Sorry to hear mate, that is just not acceptable. I would take it back and have them run a full diagnostic on the car and let them figure out the issues. If it's under warranty it should be a burden on their shoulders.
Exactly!
Thanks, man!
Old 06-29-2017, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe

Hey Sanch, I've been keen to do this as well and as my car is going in for the diff oil change next week I might try and get it done. What am I actually asking for from the dealer to get him to do this for me, my car is a late 2016 build. Cheers mate.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Aussie Zinga
Hey Sanch, I've been keen to do this as well and as my car is going in for the diff oil change next week I might try and get it done. What am I actually asking for from the dealer to get him to do this for me, my car is a late 2016 build. Cheers mate.
Hey Mate, that would be ideal. I was straight up with them, I told them I felt like my exhaust note seemed lower than usual and I had heard on the forums that there is a update that fixes it. All they had to do was search it and they found the exact update. Doesn't take them long at all either. Good luck, don't think there will be an issue.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:44 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
W205 C63 AMG
Hey Mate, that would be ideal. I was straight up with them, I told them I felt like my exhaust note seemed lower than usual and I had heard on the forums that there is a update that fixes it. All they had to do was search it and they found the exact update. Doesn't take them long at all either. Good luck, don't think there will be an issue.
So weird how different dealers have behaved with this update. Some act like you're asking them to give away their children!
Old 06-30-2017, 05:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe
Thanks mate, I will give it a go, much appreciated
Old 07-01-2017, 03:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
polarwhite AMG C63s W205
After 600 kms

I have now done about 600kms after the software update (+ annual maintenance).
Sport+ and Race nice cracks and pops - eg. second gear, 40->55KM/h, 3000rpm, release pedal, 2 loud pops.

However in Confort and Sport, no cracks or pops during downshifts. During rapid acceleration in Sport, Sport+ and Race clear bang between the gear-changes.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:53 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
duplicate post

Last edited by Uga Uga; 07-01-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:59 AM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Andyroo
So weird how different dealers have behaved with this update. Some act like you're asking them to give away their children!
I took my car in yesterday (dealer Orpington Mercedes)

They claim the update applies to cars built before December 2016.

The bulletin says UP TO December 2016.

My car was built on 13 December 2016, what do you guys think.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 07-01-2017 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Originally Posted by Uga Uga

2 things to check out on your car to determine if you need the update Uga. How 'lively' is the exhaust and do you find that the transmission is jerky when at low speeds in sport+?

When I say lively; put the car in sport+ then accelerate and lift your foot off the gas at different revs from 2.5k upwards. from 2.5-3.5k you should get 1 or 2 pops and crackles when you lift your foot off.
Higher than that and you should get an almighty crescendo of really loud pops and crackles

Alternatively you can follow the same process but rev the car from standstill.

If you don't experience any of these and your transmission feels jerky then you need the update
Old 07-02-2017, 05:38 AM

W205 C63 AMG

Sounds pretty clear cut to me unfortunately. Up to December doesn't include December. You could try harassing them (nicely) until they try it anyway, but I doubt they will.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:53 AM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Trim105
2 things to check out on your car to determine if you need the update Uga. How 'lively' is the exhaust and do you find that the transmission is jerky when at low speeds in sport+?

When I say lively; put the car in sport+ then accelerate and lift your foot off the gas at different revs from 2.5k upwards. from 2.5-3.5k you should get 1 or 2 pops and crackles when you lift your foot off.
Higher than that and you should get an almighty crescendo of really loud pops and crackles

If you don't experience any of these and your transmission feels jerky then you need the update

Thanks for your response Trim.

My car is also in for a 'Jerky' 3rd to 4th gear change, as well as a something very strange with the bonnet/hood alignment.

The bonnet/hood seems ok all round front edge and sides, until it meets the 'A-PILLAR.

One side has a gap of about 2-3mm, the other has virtually no gap at all, Fender to door gaps also seem ok.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 07-02-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:01 AM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Andyroo
Sounds pretty clear cut to me unfortunately. Up to December doesn't include December. You could try harassing them (nicely) until they try it anyway, but I doubt they will.
Thanks Andy.

I will get clarification from MB Customer assistance centre in The Netherlands.

On the issue of UP TO, If in an exam I was asked to count UP TO 3, and I said 1, 2.
my answer would be wrong. perhaps my logic is flawed.

Or say, you are asked to count the months UP TO December, leaving out December will not be correct.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:06 AM

W205 C63 AMG
Thanks Andy.

I will get clarification from MB Customer assistance centre in The Netherlands.

On the issue of UP TO, If in an exam I was asked to count UP TO 3, and I said 1, 2.
my answer would be wrong. perhaps my logic is flawed.

Or say, you are asked to count the months UP TO December, leaving out December will not be correct.
If you were told to walk up to the wall, you wouldn't walk into it though

Worth pushing in any case!
Old 07-02-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Mazdaspeed
I would say if it included December the bulletin would say "through" December.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Thanks for your response Trim.

My car is also in for a 'Jerky' 3rd to 4th gear change, as well as a something very strange with the bonnet/hood alignment.

The bonnet/hood seems ok all round front edge and sides, until it meets the 'A-PILLAR.

One side has a gap of about 2-3mm, the other has virtually no gap at all, Fender to door gaps also seem ok.
Same body panel issues here...
Old 07-03-2017, 05:14 AM

2019C63S coupe
Thank you gentlemen.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:25 AM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Same body panel issues here...
Hi AuditoAMG

I'll let you know what they say about the uneven gaps.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Hi AuditoAMG

Please follow up in a PM or new thread. Body gap discussion doesn't belong in this thread.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:05 AM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by ezatnova
Please follow up in a PM or new thread. Body gap discussion doesn't belong in this thread.
Thank you. That is my plan.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Hi AuditoAMG

Thank you!!!!!
Old 07-03-2017, 01:16 PM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Trim105

Update.

Trim you were spot on mate.

I picked my car this afternoon, and YES the engine and transmission software needed updating, and so it was done.

I now get multiple crackles on lift off. It used to be just the one.

Throttle response in S+ is now more controlled.

Exhaust sound in S+ is deeper with more crackles.

Only downside now for me is in comfort with performance exhaust on:
The car sounds quieter. It used to rumble and sound deeper before the update.
I suppose what it means is the parameters between comfort and sport+ are now wider apart.

3rd to 4th gear changes now seamless.

Interesting thing, I just got a call as I was typing this from AMG, following up on my complaint.

Thank you all once again.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s
Good for you guys, I just visited dealer today, they still keep saying this update is not for Canada...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official exhaust software upgrade