C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At long last...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 09:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Odd because my car just got built last week and had the Carbon Fiber Spoiler. Granted I didn't get the areo pack I got it as a standalone option but i'm assuming its the same part.
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,677 Likes on 2,456 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by mrguitar
So, the current "official' update from the AMG Product Manager (in Stuttgart) is that the carbon fiber spoiler in the CF Package 2 is indeed holding up production...?!?!?! He says the supplier cannot deliver the quality "they need and want" so the car continues to be postponed, week after week.

It's definitely more validating hearing real news from a real source, but it's still incredibly frustrating...i mean, can't they build the rest of the car and just put on the spoiler later!?! SHEEEEESH.
That is frustrating. They must be using different suppliers for the Aero carbon parts vs. the standard carbon parts, or at least they don't seem to have this issue with the Aero carbon parts.

Originally Posted by Iversonbiatch
Odd because my car just got built last week and had the Carbon Fiber Spoiler. Granted I didn't get the areo pack I got it as a standalone option but i'm assuming its the same part.
That is somewhat odd, however, the Aero pack rear spoiler is a different part altogether. It's larger and has a devil horn design. The standalone CF spoiler should be the same, though as what @mrguitar is waiting on. It's the slimmer design standard spoiler in CF. I'm wondering if perhaps the trunk shape is slightly different for the cab, and therefore it's a different part. So far I haven't heard of any CF parts related delays on the coupe.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:47 AM

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
That is frustrating. They must be using different suppliers for the Aero carbon parts vs. the standard carbon parts, or at least they don't seem to have this issue with the Aero carbon parts.

That is somewhat odd, however, the Aero pack rear spoiler is a different part altogether. It's larger and has a devil horn design. The standalone CF spoiler should be the same, though as what @mrguitar is waiting on. It's the slimmer design standard spoiler in CF. I'm wondering if perhaps the trunk shape is slightly different for the cab, and therefore it's a different part. So far I haven't heard of any CF parts related delays on the coupe.
My coupe hit 'Produced Not Shipped' status 4 weeks ago but was delayed due to a missing part. After a couple of weeks of trying to get some clarification we finally learned earlier this week it was related to the CF spoiler. I ordered the CF and Aero packages and we were unable to determine if they meant the CF spoiler or the Aero spoiler in CF - only that there was a delay. It was a little frustrating because if it was the CF spoiler - that was going to come off when the Aero spoiler went on so why would they hold up my car for a part that I'm not even going to have in the end? Anyway I was told that because of the delays I was moved to 'Priority Status' which I figured was just something they tell people to shut them up (different from Priority 1 which just means the car is sold).

Then out of the blue yesterday I received a call that the spoilers had arrived at the factory and the car should be going to the port hopefully next week with little to no delay getting on a boat. So - 4 week delay overall plus however long it takes to get on the boat and then get to the East Coast. I ordered in late January.

Superswiss - we have an almost identical spec btw. Beautiful car!
mrguitar (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 10:43 AM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Originally Posted by Seis-Tres
My coupe hit 'Produced Not Shipped' status 4 weeks ago but was delayed due to a missing part. After a couple of weeks of trying to get some clarification we finally learned earlier this week it was related to the CF spoiler. I ordered the CF and Aero packages and we were unable to determine if they meant the CF spoiler or the Aero spoiler in CF - only that there was a delay. It was a little frustrating because if it was the CF spoiler - that was going to come off when the Aero spoiler went on so why would they hold up my car for a part that I'm not even going to have in the end? Anyway I was told that because of the delays I was moved to 'Priority Status' which I figured was just something they tell people to shut them up (different from Priority 1 which just means the car is sold).

Then out of the blue yesterday I received a call that the spoilers had arrived at the factory and the car should be going to the port hopefully next week with little to no delay getting on a boat. So - 4 week delay overall plus however long it takes to get on the boat and then get to the East Coast. I ordered in late January.

If you get the mirror spoiler cf package in combination with aero package you get the aero spoiler in carbon fiber.. my dealer ordered the cf side inserts but they weren’t aero.. so I rejected it.. they are $3500... they don’t have pricing on the side sill inserts that come in carbon fiber when you combine the diffusers and side inserts in carbon with aero like they will for the 2020... so I am waiting.. they are either holding it as an unknown credit or giving me the $3500 credit that the regular carbon fiber side inserts cost and I will just pay the difference for the aero design cf ones when they are available.. can’t imagine they are much more than $3500.. a Macau can’t and the parts guy and my sales manager all said they probably won’t see a part number for the 2020 for 6-7 months.. so I am gonna wait it out.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Iversonbiatch
WHAT. THE. HECK.

Iversonbiatch, would you mind answering a few questions for me:

1. What was your build date?
2. Did you order a cabrio or coupe?
3. Assuming by your post you didn't get the CF trim package (includes mirror housing and rear spoiler)?
4. Where are you located?
5. Did you experience any delays at all? If so, what were they?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to interrogate the AMG people and ask why it seems like they made only 1 CF spoiler for the entire world (i.e. yours)...haha thanks
Old 05-25-2019, 05:42 PM

c63s

Yes, that was my thinking regarding the cab and coupe being different...but if Iversonbiatch ordered a cab too, this makes no sense at all...and if he did, I wonder what AMG is lying to me about...
Old 05-25-2019, 05:47 PM

c63s

Wow, this is really helpful. Thanks for sharing. So, it seems by your story there could in fact be a spoiler supply issue...that said, the problem for me is that it seems like your car was "only" delayed 4 weeks as a result. Mine is going on 8 weeks! Not sure if other factors have been involved in mine but hearing that the spoiler is the problem right now, along with the other experiences on this thread, makes me wonder why my car is taking so much longer than others'...
Old 05-26-2019, 12:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WHAT. THE. HECK.

Iversonbiatch, would you mind answering a few questions for me:

1. What was your build date?
2. Did you order a cabrio or coupe?
3. Assuming by your post you didn't get the CF trim package (includes mirror housing and rear spoiler)?
4. Where are you located?
5. Did you experience any delays at all? If so, what were they?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to interrogate the AMG people and ask why it seems like they made only 1 CF spoiler for the entire world (i.e. yours)...haha thanks

1. Build date was 5/11
2. Coupe
3. I didnt get the CF package just the $700 addon CF Spoiler
4. In East Coast US
5. Well I had a build date of 5/11 and got an email from my SA that the car was built and waiting for a boat on 5/23 so a few weeks but not major.

I did read from a few other threads that they have the parts now so maybe the timing just worked out. The other folks mentioned they are expecting it to be installed next week.
mrguitar (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 06:09 PM

c63s
Since you guys are so interested in this ongoing saga...haha! I just got a call from AMG saying that the CF spoilers are en route to the factory and should be there within 2 weeks. My car is now scheduled to *START* production on 6/19/19. The dates are kinda laughable at this point, but it is most definitely more positive news than in weeks/months past. At least it does sound legitimate that there was a spoiler supply chain issue based on feedback from others in this group...this car better fly and make margaritas at this point.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:19 PM

c63s
As a quick update, I've been staying away from the forums just because the wait has been so excruciating and I'm reminded of the delays every time I visit...it doesn't help seeing others getting their cars now (but congrats anyway). And yes, I STILL don't have a car yet. However...I HAVE A VIN NOW! hahaha. whatever.

I guess the AMG manager felt sorry for me so she sent this special "gift" in the mail, which is cool, but I'd still rather have a car soon. Has anyone else seen this? Some pretty interesting stuff...supposedly, the book is not available in the US. Some excerpts pictured, for your viewing pleasure...

Book cover

Who wants a road-going GT3? ME

This guy.

LOL would love to see this car...
Old 06-25-2019, 12:21 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
I'm guessing you feel that they should spend more time building your car and less time writing books! Sorry it's dragging on so long for you...
mrguitar (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 12:27 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by bob_ham
I'm guessing you feel that they should spend more time building your car and less time writing books! Sorry it's dragging on so long for you...
LOL. Ya think?! I tried to sit on the book and drive it around the house, but my "putt putting" sounds weren't convincing enough to make me feel like I was in an AMG...
Old 06-26-2019, 12:13 PM

c63s
UPDATE: AMG rep says production is "scheduled to be complete on Friday." We'll see...

For those that have received their cars, what is the approximate timeframe (minus delays of course) from production completion to delivery to the US west coast again?
Old 07-01-2019, 08:21 PM

c63s

Old 07-01-2019, 08:34 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
So... Progress?
Old 07-01-2019, 08:36 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by bob_ham
So... Progress?
bob_ham, it's all just smoke and mirrors to me until I can look out the window and see the boat arriving with my car in it. LOL.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,677 Likes on 2,456 Posts
2019 C63CS
UPDATE: AMG rep says production is "scheduled to be complete on Friday." We'll see...

For those that have received their cars, what is the approximate timeframe (minus delays of course) from production completion to delivery to the US west coast again?
I just dropped off mine in Bremerhaven on June 28. It's been assigned to a vessel already, the Martorell due to depart on July 6 with an estimated arrival in Long Beach on August 7. From there it will have to go through Customs and the VPC, so I'm estimating I'll be reunited with it mid to end of August. In your case it will have to leave the factory first, get to Bremerhaven and be assigned to a vessel, so perhaps an additional 2-3 weeks.

Here's a picture of the port of Bremerhaven. If you zoom in you can see the RORO vessels in the distance where the cars get loaded. My vessel is off the coast of Spain at the moment heading to Brussels and then I'm guessing Bremerhaven to pick up its load. This pic is from the hotel at the port where we stayed. It had a nice viewing platform. At least you know where it's coming from .

Last edited by superswiss; 07-02-2019 at 06:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
FLC63s (07-02-2019), mrguitar (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 08:58 AM

c63s
I just dropped off mine in Bremerhaven on June 28. It's been assigned to a vessel already, the Martorell due to depart on July 6 with an estimated arrival in Long Beach on August 7. From there it will have to go through Customs and the VPC, so I'm estimating I'll be reunited with it mid to end of August. In your case it will have to leave the factory first, get to Bremerhaven and be assigned to a vessel, so perhaps an additional 2-3 weeks.

Here's a picture of the port of Bremerhaven. If you zoom in you can see the RORO vessels in the distance where the cars get loaded. My vessel is off the coast of Spain at the moment heading to Brussels and then I'm guessing Bremerhaven to pick up its load. This pic is from the hotel at the port where we stayed. It had a nice viewing platform. At least you know where it's coming from .

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if euro delivery had the same shipping process as regular cars for the US; sounds like it is...yeah I was thinking mid August at the earliest, but you’re thinking mine will be more realistically September-ish? Man that would suck to have to wait another 2 months from now. Is it the quality checks that you think would delay my not being able to get it on the same boat as yours? How long after “produced not shipped” does it typically take to get assigned a boat?
Old 07-02-2019, 09:36 AM

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S
Thanks for the info! I was wondering if euro delivery had the same shipping process as regular cars for the US; sounds like it is...yeah I was thinking mid August at the earliest, but you’re thinking mine will be more realistically September-ish? Man that would suck to have to wait another 2 months from now. Is it the quality checks that you think would delay my not being able to get it on the same boat as yours? How long after “produced not shipped” does it typically take to get assigned a boat?
I don't know how standard this timeframe is but it was about a week from 'Produced Not Shipped' to being at the port and another 5-7 days until it got a ship assignment. From there it was about 3 weeks until it arrived in Baltimore and another 3-5 days to be released from the VPC and picked up by the carrier. Should arrive at the dealership today or tomorrow and picking up on Saturday.
mrguitar (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 306 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
@mrguitar Man I am semi new to the group, and I must tell you , my anxiety is thru the roof waiting on your car in your view.. lol
mrguitar (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 10:27 AM

c63s
I don't know how standard this timeframe is but it was about a week from 'Produced Not Shipped' to being at the port and another 5-7 days until it got a ship assignment. From there it was about 3 weeks until it arrived in Baltimore and another 3-5 days to be released from the VPC and picked up by the carrier. Should arrive at the dealership today or tomorrow and picking up on Saturday.
Sounds about right...it’s another week or so more to get to the west coast.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:31 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by FLC63s
@mrguitar Man I am semi new to the group, and I must tell you , my anxiety is thru the roof waiting on your car in your view.. lol
Hahaha, you and me both! I can’t wait to post real pics one day and not a computer rendered image of my car.

Are you getting one soon?
Old 07-02-2019, 10:40 AM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 C63s Coupe
Man I hope mine gets on that ship to Long Beach. Even so, sounds like it will be almost September before I see it.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 306 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Hahaha, you and me both! I can’t wait to post real pics one day and not a computer rendered image of my car.

Are you getting one soon?
This is mine :-)

Old 07-02-2019, 11:27 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by Radon
Man I hope mine gets on that ship to Long Beach. Even so, sounds like it will be almost September before I see it.
Radon, let's create a support group. We'll call it "Annoyed, Frustrated, and Impatiently-Waiting AMG Buyers Group." We can talk about our woe-is-me stories for years to come (even after we get our cars)!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: At long last...