Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205) > C63/C63S AMG
Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter >

Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter

Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter

 
Old 07-12-2019, 03:26 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter

Well I took my c63 coupe to Mercedes for some recall repairs and a tpms issue. While it was there they said there was a navigation update, and the service rep mentioned a software update a few times but my paperwork only shows navigation update.

however on the instrument cluster display , the image for the tire pressure is different now. It used to show an aerial view with all 4 corners to tire pressure, now itís a picture of a c63 at 3/4 view with the tire pressures listed. This leads me to believe there was some sort of additional software update beyond the navigation.

anyway, the exhaust sounds extremely muted in sport + and itís driving me crazy. I pretty much only drive in sport + , so I am very aware of the sound and the amount of crackle and pop I usually get. It now sounds like itís in the other dynamic modes even though I clearly have it on sport + and the exhaust is open.

any ideas? I contacted the service rep and she said nothing they did affected the exhaust? Could she be misinformed?

Thanks
C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 03:49 AM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 48
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
believe this has been discussed many times on previous threads, best to do a search
Profomo is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 07:30 AM
  #3  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63s
What year?
Defiant81 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:01 AM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 62
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Defiant81 View Post
What year?
Their profile says 2017.
playalistic is online now  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:38 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 415
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C63S
Ask for the code for the update that was applied. Also ask if it involved the recall. Sometimes if it’s reset it just needs to relearn a bit, but so,e have reported that the latest recall software rushes up shifts and removed some exhaust pop noise.
ezatnova is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 11:35 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
Itís a 2017, and the code for the update on my paperwork shows 829900
C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 11:57 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 415
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver View Post
Itís a 2017, and the code for the update on my paperwork shows 829900
That does just seem like a Navi update. You might need to call and have the writer grab the tech and ask if they did the recall campaign on the engine/trans software.

Iíve even had it go the other way due to dealer incompetence, and the writer told me it was updated, and I could tell it wasnít, and sure enough after asking the tech, they admitted they didnít do it lol
ezatnova is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:22 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
I just inquired and she said she spoke to the tech and they didnít do anything besides the NAV update.

does the graphic for the tire pressure change on the instrument cluster from the NAV update? This is whatís leading me to believe that something else was done that she is either denying or has no clue about.
C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:25 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 415
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver View Post
I just inquired and she said she spoke to the tech and they didnít do anything besides the NAV update.

does the graphic for the tire pressure change on the instrument cluster from the NAV update? This is whatís leading me to believe that something else was done that she is either denying or has no clue about.

Personally not sure about that one. I can tell you that I also was surprised to see the much nicer, changed graphic randomly one day when I decided to look at my pressures. I have no idea when it changed, but I am quite sure mine used to be a more plain overhead data display too, and then changed to the 3/4 view with my actual car, color and all!
ezatnova is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:21 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 573
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
Personally not sure about that one. I can tell you that I also was surprised to see the much nicer, changed graphic randomly one day when I decided to look at my pressures. I have no idea when it changed, but I am quite sure mine used to be a more plain overhead data display too, and then changed to the 3/4 view with my actual car, color and all!
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I'm 99.9% sure my '15 C63S has always had the 3/4 car view on the tire pressure screen. It has never had the generic view you guys are talking about. I had my NAV software updated early last year, and I'm 100% sure that didn't change the graphic. I check my pressures pretty much every time I drive the car (Home button -> Up button 3X -> OK -> Down button 1X -> OK), so I would have noticed a difference immediately.
msd3075 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:20 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by msd3075 View Post
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I'm 99.9% sure my '15 C63S has always had the 3/4 car view on the tire pressure screen. It has never had the generic view you guys are talking about. I had my NAV software updated early last year, and I'm 100% sure that didn't change the graphic. I check my pressures pretty much every time I drive the car (Home button -> Up button 3X -> OK -> Down button 1X -> OK), so I would have noticed a difference immediately.

100% positive this changed after service. I was monitoring the tire pressure on my way to the dealership.
C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:56 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
atl 2 chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 279
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Current :2017 AMG C63S. Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG
Mine has always showed 3/4 of the vehicle. Moreless, it shows the car at an angle with the tire pressure beside each wheel. Even my C450 had the same view.

On another note, how do I find out if there is a software update?
atl 2 chi is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:56 PM
  #13  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 573
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver View Post
100% positive this changed after service. I was monitoring the tire pressure on my way to the dealership.
That's very strange. I've had pretty much every software version on my car over the last 4 years, and the tire pressure screen has been the 3/4 car view the entire time.
msd3075 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 06:02 PM
  #14  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 573
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver View Post
100% positive this changed after service. I was monitoring the tire pressure on my way to the dealership.
Had the TPMS set off a low pressure warning? Now that I think of it, I had a '19 C300 as a loaner car not too long ago that had a slow tire leak, and I want to say the warning graphic was as you decribed.
msd3075 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 06:14 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
I forgot I took this picture, here is what the tire pressure look liked before going in for service.



here it is now



Driving the car today and the exhaust is still muted, dealer thinks Iím nuts. Iím losing my mind!
C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 07:00 PM
  #16  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 573
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver View Post
I forgot I took this picture, here is what the tire pressure look liked before going in for service.



here it is now



Driving the car today and the exhaust is still muted, dealer thinks Iím nuts. Iím losing my mind!
That's exactly what I was thinking in my comment above. The first graphic is the TPMS Warning read it that comes up when you have a tire reading below the threshold pressure. It is not the normal tire pressure graphic. If you would have reset the TPMS, you would have seen the 3/4 car view graphic.
msd3075 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
I have owned this car since december, and I check the tire pressure weekly on the display, and it has always been the aerial view. The warning light just came on last week.

The dealer just mentioned that also but again, I check the pressure every week and its always been like that view.
C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:03 PM
  #18  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 573
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver View Post
I have owned this car since december, and I check the tire pressure weekly on the display, and it has always been the aerial view. The warning light just came on last week.

The dealer just mentioned that also but again, I check the pressure every week and its always been like that view.
Maybe your TPMS was never reset after it had previously went off? Because that isn't the normal screen at all. And it never has been.
msd3075 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:17 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by msd3075 View Post
Maybe your TPMS was never reset after it had previously went off? Because that isn't the normal screen at all. And it never has been.

This is what Iím wondering. That would explain it , but Iím still perplexed about the exhaust issue.
C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:25 PM
  #20  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 573
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver View Post
This is what Iím wondering. That would explain it , but Iím still perplexed about the exhaust issue.
You can reset the "normal" pressures to whatever you want them to be by resetting the TPMS when the tires are at that pressure. I woukdn't be surprised if your car was set at the 48/48 psi pressures that so many dealers love to set the tires to at delivery or after service. And you've been driving around with the system thinking your tires were low this entire time. Makes sense why the rear tires are r4ading as low (text is yellow) when they are reading 40 psi.

Only thing with that is you'd think the generic Low Tire Pressure warning light every car had would be illuminated that entire time. But maybe it just turns off after a while, I don't know. Was the text of the rear tire pressures on the birds-eye readout always yellow colored?

msd3075 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:31 PM
  #21  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by msd3075 View Post
You can reset the "normal" pressures to whatever you want them to be by resetting the TPMS when the tires are at that pressure. I woukdn't be surprised if your car was set at the 48/48 psi pressures that so many dealers love to set the tires to at delivery or after service. And you've been driving around with the system thinking your tires were low this entire time. Makes sense why the rear tires are r4ading as low (text is yellow) when they are reading 40 psi.

Only thing with that is you'd think the generic Low Tire Pressure warning light every car had would be illuminated that entire time. But maybe it just turns off after a while, I don't know. Was the text of the rear tire pressures on the birds-eye readout always yellow colored?

No they were always white.

Just turned yellow along with the warning light last week.
C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 10:29 PM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
.
My MY17 has had the 3/4 view tire graphic for at least a year.

Any chance you are driving on lower octane gas? I sometimes top off with a gallon or two of 100 octane since California only sells 91 otherwise. When I do this the exhaust is noticeably more lively.
Slack Beries is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 11:36 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Slack Beries View Post
My MY17 has had the 3/4 view tire graphic for at least a year.

Any chance you are driving on lower octane gas? I sometimes top off with a gallon or two of 100 octane since California only sells 91 otherwise. When I do this the exhaust is noticeably more lively.

Always 91 octane here in the Bay Area.

Can someone check if the exhaust shows nothing like mine does in this pic? Itís the same in every mode, 2 dashes


C63AMGdriver is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 12:06 AM
  #24  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
.
It's says Sport + when the exhaust is open.
Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter-photo877.jpg
Slack Beries is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 12:33 AM
  #25  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
C63AMGdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Slack Beries View Post
It's says Sport + when the exhaust is open.
Attachment 421452

Ok so there must be something wrong! Thanks for the pic I appreciate it.
C63AMGdriver is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: