CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

HELP CL55 Vacuum doors and trunk Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL55
Unhappy HELP CL55 Vacuum doors and trunk Not Working

Hey guys, just picked up an 03 CL55, seems as though it has a few electrical problems....

One, it seems as though I may have the valet key, whenever I hit the engine start button the car is saying chip not recognized. The keyless-go unlocking doesn't work aswell, and i'm thinking it is for the same reason.

Two, my vacuum doors, vacuum trunk and auto trunk close button are not working, yet I can hear the pump going.

Three, the guy I bought it from says it needs a new amp, which is why the entire nav, phone, and audio isn't working. I pulled the trunk pieces back and there is just multiple boxes and wires sitting loose all over the place. Not even sure what's going on there.

Four, the dash is saying some silly message about the phone system, probably has something to do with the mass of unplugged wires and boxes protruding inside. PLEASE HELP
Old 12-11-2013, 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 329 Likes on 266 Posts
2006 S600
I hope it was cheap.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:06 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
i hope it was free...
Old 12-11-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jpursell
Hey guys, just picked up an 03 CL55, seems as though it has a few electrical problems....

One, it seems as though I may have the valet key, whenever I hit the engine start button the car is saying chip not recognized. The keyless-go unlocking doesn't work aswell, and i'm thinking it is for the same reason.

Two, my vacuum doors, vacuum trunk and auto trunk close button are not working, yet I can hear the pump going.

Three, the guy I bought it from says it needs a new amp, which is why the entire nav, phone, and audio isn't working. I pulled the trunk pieces back and there is just multiple boxes and wires sitting loose all over the place. Not even sure what's going on there.

Four, the dash is saying some silly message about the phone system, probably has something to do with the mass of unplugged wires and boxes protruding inside. PLEASE HELP
Oh Boy.....

1st,
The '03 uses a black key-card, about the size of a credit card, for the Kyeless-Go system. It's not embedded in the key fob like the '04 and newer cars.

2nd and 3rd.
Looking into the trunk, behind the panel on the left, just above and forward of the CD changer is the manifold for the vacuum system. If there are any cracks or leaks there, you'll have problems with the door soft close. If someone was in that area trying to fix/replace the amp, they could have easily damaged the vacuum system.

More 3rd
The COMMAND (audio, nav, phone, CD changer) system is all connected via a fiber optic link. If any one component is removed, the link is broken and the system is dead. Sounds like someone may have tried to replace the amp or something but didn't know what they were doing. Wish you the best of luck there.

4th
(See "More 3rd")
Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Mercedes CL55
Originally Posted by lphillips1117
Oh Boy.....

1st,
The '03 uses a black key-card, about the size of a credit card, for the Kyeless-Go system. It's not embedded in the key fob like the '04 and newer cars.

2nd and 3rd.
Looking into the trunk, behind the panel on the left, just above and forward of the CD changer is the manifold for the vacuum system. If there are any cracks or leaks there, you'll have problems with the door soft close. If someone was in that area trying to fix/replace the amp, they could have easily damaged the vacuum system.

More 3rd
The COMMAND (audio, nav, phone, CD changer) system is all connected via a fiber optic link. If any one component is removed, the link is broken and the system is dead. Sounds like someone may have tried to replace the amp or something but didn't know what they were doing. Wish you the best of luck there.

4th
(See "More 3rd")
Thankyou so much for the quick response, I was wondering if this was the card I am looking for ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-MERCEDES-BENZ-SMART-KEY-CARD-KEYLESS-REMOTE-KR55WK48028-/281104676276?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417324f5b4&vxp=mtr
Old 12-13-2013, 02:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL55 AMG
That is the card. I'm not sure what is involved with programming it to work with your car. You will likely need the dealer to do that for you. Let us know how it goes.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Yes that is the card. NO DON'T buy it from Ebay, as it wont work.

You need a new "GREEN" (un-programmed) card in order to have it coded for your car.

Last edited by awiner; 12-14-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 PM

Mercedes CL55
Originally Posted by awiner
Yes that is the card. NO DON'T but it from Ebay, as it wont work.

You need a new "GREEN" (un-programmed) card in order to have it coded for your car.
Oh really? What do you mean by "green" card, and where can I find one of these? Is it a secondary piece to the key, just like the original ?
Old 12-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I may have confused the subject. When you get new smart keys they need to be GREEN which means (VIRGIN NEVER PROGRAMMED).

Once they have been programmed/coded and paired to a vehicle, they can never be used on another vehicle again. Same goes for it you remove them from the coding on a vehicle.

However, the keyless go card may be able to re reporgrammed.

See:

http://bayhas.com/mercedes/cl215/con...key_assign.htm

Last edited by awiner; 12-15-2013 at 12:03 AM.