CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
Talking What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.

Sup fellaz, though i'm not planning to buy wheels anytime soon. i would like to start making plans right now. When do i plan on getting some wheels? Not sure, hopefully by the end of this year.

So since everyone is so cool and down to earth on this forum, i would gladly be open to any suggestions on what type of wheels i should consider buying.

Here are some things that are crucial to me...

- Must be staggered
- I would like to have the biggest lip possible in the rear
- I'm not always a big fan of "black on white". (black wheels, white car).
I guess it would depend on the type of wheels
- It could have rivets or studs
- Colors i would consider: Brushed Silver, Silver, Gunmetal, Black
- Size: 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 or 19x10
- I do plan on lowering my car, so whatever wheels i get... they have to fit nice.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely BBS LMs. However, if you want custom wheels, go with DPE or HRE.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LowRydeR
Definitely BBS LMs. However, if you want custom wheels, go with DPE or HRE.
I'm diggin' your signature pic bro. What wheels are you sitting on? and what sizes?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by babyboigsxr
I'm diggin' your signature pic bro. What wheels are you sitting on? and what sizes?

If I'm not mistaken I think Bruce has Iforged Seneka in Brushed Aluminum.

I don't think he has this car anymore though.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Like I said here are some nice white CLK pics with wheels.
Attached Thumbnails What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-5.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-6.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-8.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-9.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-10.jpg  

What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-11.jpg  
Old 03-21-2008, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
some more
Attached Thumbnails What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-12.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-13.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-cimg2831s.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-cimg2832s.jpg  
Old 03-21-2008, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Here's my car when I had BBS LM REPS. Car isn't white but you can see what Bruce is talking about when he says BBS LM.
Attached Thumbnails What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-dsc_0187.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-dsc_0145.jpg   What Type of wheels would you suggest on a White CLK? I'm open to opinions.-dsc_0071.jpg  
Old 03-21-2008, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CLK FAN
Here's my car when I had BBS LM REPS. Car isn't white but you can see what Bruce is talking about when he says BBS LM.
That's what I'm talking about!

I don't have my car anymore, but iForged Senekas in brushed aluminum is what I had in my sig. I had problems with the clear coat chipping on the Senekas so I sold them. iForged isn't the best company to deal with when you have problems with their products.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
That's what I'm talking about!

I don't have my car anymore, but iForged Senekas in brushed aluminum is what I had in my sig. I had problems with the clear coat chipping on the Senekas so I sold them. iForged isn't the best company to deal with when you have problems with their products.

Bruce,

Here's a link to the thread with most of the pics from that little BBS LM Rep photo shoot.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...606&highlight=
Old 03-21-2008, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CLK FAN

Bruce,

Here's a link to the thread with most of the pics from that little BBS LM Rep photo shoot.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...606&highlight=
Thanks, that looks amazing! You should have kept those.

You should black out your window trims, it'll look even better.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up

hey CLK FAN, are you from Glendale? I'm not sure if i'm getting you mixed up with another CLK dude. But if it is you, i was actually at Rego Sport Tuning on friday afternoon. i spoke to Harry, and i ended up buying some chrome turn signals. And i asked him... "Yeah, i found out about this place through another buddy from a forum, he drives a black CLK." His response was.. "Oh, you mean Sam?" so yeah, i guess he was talking about you.

He also said that you were holding some kind of meet or something. But yeah, that's you that referred me to that place for the chrome bulbs right?

Sorry bro, i'm always jumpin' around from forum to forum, its hard to keep track every once in a while.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:44 PM

2002 clk430
Thanks, that looks amazing! You should have kept those.

You should black out your window trims, it'll look even better.

I only had my car a little over a month now it has black chrome window trim is that what they came with if you didn't have chrome?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:38 PM

2001 CLK320
.... those pictures got my mod itch goin.... very nice rides...
Old 03-22-2008, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by babyboigsxr
hey CLK FAN, are you from Glendale? I'm not sure if i'm getting you mixed up with another CLK dude. But if it is you, i was actually at Rego Sport Tuning on friday afternoon. i spoke to Harry, and i ended up buying some chrome turn signals. And i asked him... "Yeah, i found out about this place through another buddy from a forum, he drives a black CLK." His response was.. "Oh, you mean Sam?" so yeah, i guess he was talking about you.

He also said that you were holding some kind of meet or something. But yeah, that's you that referred me to that place for the chrome bulbs right?

Sorry bro, i'm always jumpin' around from forum to forum, its hard to keep track every once in a while.

Ya...that was me. Harry is a good guy.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vizionautosport
I only had my car a little over a month now it has black chrome window trim is that what they came with if you didn't have chrome?
If I'm not mistaken. 320s and early 430s have chrome window trims, newer 430s and 55s have black trims.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:01 PM

2002 clk430
If I'm not mistaken. 320s and early 430s have chrome window trims, newer 430s and 55s have black trims.

Thanks I think the black chrome looks good I didn't know if it was something the previous owner did because I here alot of people talking about blacking out the trim
Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
hey my rims are for sale. just click the link under for sale.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
Originally Posted by sick430
hey my rims are for sale. just click the link under for sale.
dont buy from him
Old 03-29-2008, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
sorry for doing this on your tread. I got paid today and was just going to have you send me back the grill as it was just taking me to long to make something and send to you. BRO you didn't pay or ask for insurance when i sent it, than you get mad at me for it being broken. I am sorry but now deal with it yourself.

again sorry for doing this on your rim tread.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
Originally Posted by sick430
sorry for doing this on your tread. I got paid today and was just going to have you send me back the grill as it was just taking me to long to make something and send to you. BRO you didn't pay or ask for insurance when i sent it, than you get mad at me for it being broken. I am sorry but now deal with it yourself.

again sorry for doing this on your rim tread.
u didnt say anything about insurance or anything...we set a price and then just made the deal from there - shipping matters or nothing else was discussed...so basically blame it on UPS and i guess you got away with sending me a grille that was broken in half...thanks fool ...and dont play it like youve been tryin to help me...you dont answer any emails until i email you several times searching for a response....

sorry for doing this on ur thread as well...this POS just got me tight and wanted to warn u about him....youd probably be receiving broken rims if you ordered from him...