CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

AMG posers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Much ado about nothing. I don't understand why you guys are so hung up about some trivial badge. If someone feels good by masquerading, why the need to rain on their parade?

I borught up the issue with a vehicle in the service bay at my dealership. The service rep told me outright very bluntly. The guy bought a $165K vehicle. He gets whatever badge he wants, and we respond with "yes, sir." Yes, the dealership put on AMG badges for the customer while keeping his CL600 badge intact. Bottom line is that money talks and BS walks.

Here we have a forum of owners all hung up over some silly badge. Even if the placement is inappropriate, why not just laugh it off and let it be?

Not to be rude, BUT. From the passion in here, you would think we were talking about LaFerraris, 918s or Huayras. Instead, we are dealing with a bunch of hacked up used cars.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Originally Posted by ctravis595
Your wife told me she wasn't married when she stayed at my place, does that classify her as being fake also?
Is this really needed?

You violate the TOU and your suspended.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Is this really needed?

agreed, kiddo needs a time out in the corner
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
[quote=iyeoh;5675966]Much ado about nothing. I don't understand why you guys are so hung up about some trivial badge. If someone feels good by masquerading, why the need to rain on their parade?

Originally Posted by iyeoh
I borught up the issue with a vehicle in the service bay at my dealership. The service rep told me outright very bluntly. The guy bought a $165K vehicle. He gets whatever badge he wants, and we respond with "yes, sir." Yes, the dealership put on AMG badges for the customer while keeping his CL600 badge intact. Bottom line is that money talks and BS walks.
My understanding is that MB dealers are strictly forbidden from such activity. I have no proof, but it has been discussed many times on the boards. Still, that does not mean some dealers do it.

Here we have a forum of owners all hung up over some silly badge. Even if the placement is inappropriate, why not just laugh it off and let it be?
This thread used to be a lighthearted fun thread that no one took too seriously. It has recently been taken a different direction.

to be rude, BUT. From the passion in here, you would think we were talking about LaFerraris, 918s or Huayras. Instead, we are dealing with a bunch of hacked up used cars.
I don't take it as rude. The fact is for the most part, people on MBW are passionate about their cars. We would be just as passionate if we were talking about SRT, SVT or Cobra badges.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 138 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
Is this really needed?

What in this thread to begin with is necessary lmao
Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
The content of the thread is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that it is not necessary to insult members such as Ahmed and others.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ahmed
You see, it's hard for you to understand cause simply, you're not up there with the Elite ( the people MB targets ).

You may not value your time and efforts, but most people who own real AMG cars are people who value every minute of their precious time. I for example, charge $600 per hour for my professional services ( I'm a male jigalow )... so if you add up all the hours of my time spent on "building" a product that is already built by others, I have not only wasted my precious time on immitating others, but racked up enough man hours to cost me more than a straight out purchase and ownership of a premium product!

Which by the way, YOU DON'T OWN!!!
this same train of thought can be applied in a multitude of places. ****, you could even go as far as to say that the nearly 2000 posts you have on this website alone could have been time better spent

considering it doesn't sound like english is your first language, one can assume the average post from you takes around 10 minutes to complete

10 minutes X 1800 posts = 18,000 minutes you've wasted on this website

18,000 minutes = 300 hours (roughly 2 weeks)

300 hours x $600 is a lot of money, actually the time you've wasted on this website could buy you 2 w215's(the nicest car mercedes made at the time) when they were new

considering you really lack any kind of mechanical expertise as outlined in your previous posts, those 300 hours you logged on a website discussing MECHANICS, is useless. considering you're useless as a mechanic

i can complete an engine swap in 48 hours if that puts any of this into perspective for you. you've wasted 2 weeks of your life posting on a car website when you know nothing about how cars work in the first place, as opposed to 48 hours?

talk about having precious time
Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The content of the thread is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that it is not necessary to insult members such as Ahmed and others.
well it's quite obvious it was a joke and not a serious matter. have i ever met ahmed in person? no. do i know his wife? no. do i know whether he prefers males or females to begin with? no. obviously i can't attest to something his wife said. this type of joke is in the same league as a "your momma" joke, let's be real, no one has actually been offended by a "your momma" joke since the 90's...

he himself even took it as a joke according to the "which one" comment. so i don't see why you feel the need to play forum police
Old 06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I am not playing forum police but simply referring to what you agreed to when you became part of this forum.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Guys ~ clean up this sandbox or we will clean it up for you ~ enough!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Originally Posted by Ahmed
Which one?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by AMGAffalterbach
Perhaps one of the most hilarious comebacks I have seen.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 R500
wow, just wow... lots of fun here in this thread, I do check it from time to time for the lol's.

personally I would never put an AMG badge on my car, even if I did happen to change the motor and even if the motor did happen to come from an AMG car, no more so than I would put a chevy badge on the back of a jaguar with a chevy motor conversion, the car is not an AMG and will never be an AMG, only AMG can build an AMG, period

but, now I have another personal dilemma and as much as I cringe at the thought of getting some inputs here, I also would really like to hear what some of these inputs may be, so here goes

I'm doing a brake swap on my NON AMG car, I'm using brembo 8 piston front 4 piston rears from an S55. the calipers say AMG on them, just as my wheels also happen to say AMG on them, I did not personally go out of my way to have them say AMG, but in the case of the wheels at least, there isn't too much I can do to remove the AMG so I guess it doesn't so much bother me, but, with these calipers is where my dilemma comes in...

if I was to install the calipers as-is, and they happen to say AMG from the factory, I don't think this would bother me one bit, BUT, my problem is that the calipers are scratched up enough that I really have to paint them...

now comes the question, is it poser status to re stencil the AMG on the calipers as they came factory, or would I be better off stenciling BREMBO on them, as they are brembo calipers, or, would stenciling brembo also be kind of tacky? should I just stencil mercedes benz on the calipers? this is a personal dilemma and for some reason I don't feel 100% right about re stenciling them AMG but I'm also not sure I like any of the other options either...

what input I get here is not going to make me really decide one way or the other, but may help me in my decision a bit I guess...

here is what they look like installed... as much as I hate to recreate the AMG text, I also think that might be the most correct looking way to go and I'm just really torn here, so much so that I'll risk this post and see what I get here as far as constructive input...

AMG posers-20130611_201310_zpsccdef80a.jpg

AMG posers-20130508_184853_lls_zps2844176d.jpg
Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by turbocad6
wow, just wow... lots of fun here in this thread, I do check it from time to time for the lol's.

personally I would never put an AMG badge on my car, even if I did happen to change the motor and even if the motor did happen to come from an AMG car, no more so than I would put a chevy badge on the back of a jaguar with a chevy motor conversion, the car is not an AMG and will never be an AMG, only AMG can build an AMG, period

but, now I have another personal dilemma and as much as I cringe at the thought of getting some inputs here, I also would really like to hear what some of these inputs may be, so here goes

I'm doing a brake swap on my NON AMG car, I'm using brembo 8 piston front 4 piston rears from an S55. the calipers say AMG on them, just as my wheels also happen to say AMG on them, I did not personally go out of my way to have them say AMG, but in the case of the wheels at least, there isn't too much I can do to remove the AMG so I guess it doesn't so much bother me, but, with these calipers is where my dilemma comes in...

if I was to install the calipers as-is, and they happen to say AMG from the factory, I don't think this would bother me one bit, BUT, my problem is that the calipers are scratched up enough that I really have to paint them...

now comes the question, is it poser status to re stencil the AMG on the calipers as they came factory, or would I be better off stenciling BREMBO on them, as they are brembo calipers, or, would stenciling brembo also be kind of tacky? should I just stencil mercedes benz on the calipers? this is a personal dilemma and for some reason I don't feel 100% right about re stenciling them AMG but I'm also not sure I like any of the other options either...

what input I get here is not going to make me really decide one way or the other, but may help me in my decision a bit I guess...

here is what they look like installed... as much as I hate to recreate the AMG text, I also think that might be the most correct looking way to go and I'm just really torn here, so much so that I'll risk this post and see what I get here as far as constructive input...

you're comparing someone using an AMG badge after changing all the parts to match the AMG model and someone dropping a ls1 in a jaguar....i didn't have to read any further but i must say i like the brakes you put on. how much did you spend on them altogether?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 R500
"changing all the parts to match..." is not the same thing as it "actually being..."

the problem here is weather is actually IS an AMG or not, the badge claims it "to be" but unless AMG actually built it, it "is not", and no amount of AMG parts bolted onto a non AMG car will ever turn a non AMG car into an AMG car

the best it can be is an imposter or a clone, it can never ever really be an AMG. I don't know why you are so hung up on trying to believe it is now an AMG, you can't do that, no one but AMG themselves can build an AMG, if it wasn't born an AMG then it can never really be an AMG. why even give a crap about a stupid little badge that don't even belong on your car? does it make the car any better because it says AMG on it, or does it make it worse?

I commend you on the swap and I too will eventually swap an AMG motor into my car too, but I won't be putting an AMG badge on it because again, no matter how many AMG parts I put on it, it will still never truly be an AMG. yes it can have everything added to it that an AMG would have from the factory but still, it's not actually going to be an AMG. the only way to make a non AMG car into an AMG car would be to tag it, and even THEN it would still be nothing more than an imposter

the brakes winded up costing me ~$2k with new rotors all around, I'm using the new ML63 factory rotors with the huge 15.4" drilled and slotted front disc's. had to do a bit of machine work and modifications to get them to even fit.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I like the term clone
Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
I drive an IBM clone.

8086 under the hood running a CP/M-8 base map. Dad says I can upgrade to an 8088 soon.

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 06-14-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I drive an IBM clone.

8086 under the hood running a CP/M-8 base map. Dad says I can upgrade to an 8088 soon.
8086 wow! I had a 286 at one point.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:15 PM

CLS550
How about the guys who slap on a S65/CL65/SL65 and the "V12 Biturbo" on a S63/CL63/SL63? Those are genuine AMGs to begin with.

I don't know why people do stuff like that.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by turbocad6

You can re stencil the AMG as it was there in the first place. Anything else and it wouldn't be what it originally was!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:34 PM

2011 eE550
I know you guys loving this clk 430 AMG with the lambo doors and 42in tv and other goodies on it
Attached Thumbnails AMG posers-photo.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Hey as long as it's practical, I don't see a problem w/it

Originally Posted by Mybad55
I know you guys loving this clk 430 AMG with the lambo doors and 42in tv and other goodies on it
Aerodynamic
Old 06-16-2013, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Please people....if we just ignore him, he will eventually go away!

I personally love posers....I love laughing at them!
Imagine wanting something so bad that instead of working hard and saving up to buy it, you just fake it. Then not realizing the only people you are fooling have no idea what an AMG is anyways. And the real AMG owners see right through you. Sad.

Maybe I shouldn't laugh at posers. Its too easy.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
From the passion in here, you would think we were talking about LaFerraris, 918s or Huayras. Instead, we are dealing with a bunch of hacked up used cars.
I don't really get this mentality Iyeoh... I wouldn't consider most cars here "hacked up used cars" there are a lot of very nice Mercedes-Benz vehicles on this forum that people put quite a bit of money and passion into new or used. Doesn't matter. It truly does not make a difference what you drive as long as you have a love for it and respect it, modding it is the same way. If we were in a bunch of 458s or F12s there would always be the guys with the LaFerraris out there, if we were in the LaFerraris there would always be the guys with the collections of every Ferrari built out there as well. There will always be nicer cars on the road. There will always be faster cars on the road. MBWorld isn't some ricer forum I think we are passionate here (even with dissenting opinions) because we all have a love for the Mercedes-Benz marquee and the level of engineering, luxury, performance, and a rich 127-year history spanning all continents that the brand offers.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
I don't really get this mentality Iyeoh... I wouldn't consider most cars here "hacked up used cars" there are a lot of very nice Mercedes-Benz vehicles on this forum that people put quite a bit of money and passion into new or used. Doesn't matter. It truly does not make a difference what you drive as long as you have a love for it and respect it, modding it is the same way. If we were in a bunch of 458s or F12s there would always be the guys with the LaFerraris out there, if we were in the LaFerraris there would always be the guys with the collections of every Ferrari built out there as well. There will always be nicer cars on the road. There will always be faster cars on the road. MBWorld isn't some ricer forum I think we are passionate here (even with dissenting opinions) because we all have a love for the Mercedes-Benz marquee and the level of engineering, luxury, performance, and a rich 127-year history spanning all continents that the brand offers.
Well said!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: AMG posers